• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help-14's Pokémon Following Character script - fixes and additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
Tayuta, i found the solution of your problem!! :D

The solution if that you dont have defined the Emoticons icons spritesheet, i happens the same to me, and when i defined then it WORKS!!

If you dont know how to do this, send me a PM with your mail and i will send you the solution!!

Regards

Aegis

Oh thanks! It works now! I can't beleive I missed that u.u

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
I just got the script work, its 99% working, but there is a bug with the bike, I can't see where to fix it. My bug is when I use a bike, the pokemon that is following me disappear with this scipt you adviced to implement:

def Kernel.pbMountBike
return if $PokemonGlobal.bicycle $PokemonGlobal.bicycle=true
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.remove_sprite(true)
Kernel.pbUpdateVehicle
bikebgm=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataBicycleBGM)
if bikebgm
pbCueBGM(bikebgm,0.5)
end
end

This script to be more specific in the PokemonField script section:

$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.remove_sprite(true)

My problem is when I dismount the bike, my pokemon still following me, I can talk with him, but the problem is his sprite stays invisible. I tryed to find where to implement the command:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite

But I can't find where. Can you help me plz?

Its the only bug I have and need to fix, I just managed to make Dig, Escape rope and use the Bike without have that limitation that deny the player to use that kind of moves/vehicle with dependent event.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
OMG, I found where to fix the problem with dismount bike, so easy, I'm really blind, I found it in Pokémon field in the line 1494 I think. There are a condition IF "Return If". The line is like this:

def Kernel.pbDismountBike
return if !$PokemonGlobal.bicycle
$PokemonGlobal.bicycle=false
Kernel.pbUpdateVehicle
$game_map.autoplayAsCue
end

I copied and pasted in the Pokemon follower script, and I followed the same instruction as it is in the surf, there is a pbendsurf, and saw how to do it and I add this $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.Come_back(true).

After I made it, it become like this:

def Kernel.pbDismountBike
return if !$PokemonGlobal.bicycle
$PokemonGlobal.bicycle=false
Kernel.pbUpdateVehicle
$game_map.autoplayAsCue
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.Come_back(true)
end

And fixed my problem. Now I need to fix when my first pokemon in the pokemon party is fainted, how to change the sprite to my second pokemon (if he/she has HP and ofc if I have more than 1 pokemon, but its not a big deal), I will try to add some more features to the script in my game. Thanks for the script PokémonFollower, thanks for your hard work guys :) Now I can really say I have 100% working in this script.

I don't know if you guys are reading my posts, but I just got the way to make the script work, I mean, when you have the first pokemon fainted, the game will search for the second pokemon. I don't know if you guys had the same problem, but for who got, just answer to me and I will post the fix :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2015
AHMMM could you make a kit for where this is inclouded , this would fix many problems

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
It doesn't even shows the pokémon following to me.
I have the pokemon character graphics but not the other ones.
Can someone re-upload the images and the other downloadable things?
Edit: Done.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
Ah I did a starter kit with the Follower Script I have. You can download it, sorry Zingzag, if you want to me to remove I will, this is just to help the ppl.

Btw, I have fixed alot things, my version can give problems with HMs/TMs and veihcles when you have a partner dependent event with you. So if you are using the script I have, my advice is not use a partner.
I created a switch that fix a bug when you are in veihcles and if you change the position of your pokemons, the pokemon that now are in the 1st position will appear while you are surfing, bicycling. Don't forget when you mount bicycle or when you use surf the switch will activate so to not let that happen, but don't forget if you are using a bicycle and when you enter through some door or entrance, you need to implement 2 commands to the teleport event, 1 is to desactivate the switch and the other is to update the sprite. Now if you have the first pokemon in your party fainted or if it is an egg, the game will search for the next pokemon alive and will refresh the sprite (This if you have more than 1 pokemon). And so on. The problems I know with my version is, the partner dependent events can't work very well, especially when the player is on some vehicle and now you can't talk to waterfalls while you have a pokemon following you, you need to use the waterfall manually (like in classic pokemon games, where you need to open the party menu, choose the pokemon with the move and then use it). I may fix that one day, for now I will try to develop my game. I'm newbie to script as well, but I'm trying to learn. Hope you liked it :)

www(dot)mediafire(dot)com/?6ti03tembmszsh1

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Very nice! Everything seems fine, except that there is a strange "jump" in the pokemon sprite whenever you pass through a connection between two maps.
Is there a way to make this smoother, or is it a general problem involving dependent events?

Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
Becareful with my kit. There is NPCs (Red, Leaf, Brendan and May that explain about certain things) my english is not good, but I think the ppl understands what they say. The info they provide is important.

Last edited:

ShadowFiendZX

Gym Leader
Years
Very nice! Everything seems fine, except that there is a strange "jump" in the pokemon sprite whenever you pass through a connection between two maps.
Is there a way to make this smoother, or is it a general problem involving dependent events?

Thank you!

It's a problem with dependent events. Another funny thing you might want to try with the dependent events is going on bridges. I'm pretty sure Maruno stated somewhere that there were bugs with dependent events.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
It's a problem with dependent events. Another funny thing you might want to try with the dependent events is going on bridges. I'm pretty sure Maruno stated somewhere that there were bugs with dependent events.

There is in bridges, if for example you are near to a tile on your map that have a way to block a passage to certain direction, the dependent event won't walk normally. Instead of walk behind the player, it will walk on one of the sides (Left or right) of the player and so on. I hope some day that can get fixed. I wish I could help, but only right now I'm entering on scripting world. Trying to learn more :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
ok. how i can fill code ? make new script ?

Just download this and do the merge of your project with this. Don't forget to see the NPCs the player's mom, Red, Blue, May and Brendan, they explain the best as they can how the script works with the things I added. In some cases the grammar is not so good, but I think that can still be understandable.

About the link, just put "." in the "(dot)" things.

www(dot)mediafire(dot)com/?6ti03tembmszsh1

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 18, 2015
Sorry, i really need your file Characters.rar
But the link doesn't work. Can you reupload it please?
Thanks you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back