• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Team (1 from each gen)

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
With the release of X and Y (namely the Kalos region), I've seen a few videos on YouTube of WiFi battles where the players must have one Pokemon from each generation, rather than the usual "anything goes" kinda choices.

With that I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's ultimate team would be if you HAD to have one from each generation.

Post what your team would be below and maybe include movesets and reasons behind your choices.
It took me quite a while to think of my list as there's way too many great Pokemon (for lots of different reasons) from each generation but I finally decided.

My team would be:
142.gif

Crunch | Stone Edge | Iron Head | Dragon Pulse
(Aerodactyl deserves a spot in my team because I've always loved how powerful it is and even how great it looks. Ever since the first time I seen it, I've always liked it and has always been in my team when I've had the opportunity to use it + the nostalgia of restoring it from Old Amber.)

212f.gif

X-Scissor | Night Slash | Flash Cannon | Acrobatics
(Scizor's here mainly because it looks great. While it's got a major weakness to fire, it was one of the first steel types and learnt some powerful moves over time aswell. It's a shame it lost speed from Scyther though.)

321.gif

Water Spout | Heavy Slam | Earthquake | Zen Headbutt
(It's a tank. 'Nuff said.)

466.gif

Thunderbolt | Psychic | Flamethrower | Signal Beam
(As I didn't really like many of the Gen 4 Pokemon, my choice here was only going to be out of the evolutions of Gen 1 Pokemon. In my opinion, Electrivire is the only one I actually really like the look of. Therefore it's an obvious choice for my team.)

571.gif

Night Daze | Night Slash | Shadow Ball | Swords Dance
(This gen was my hardest decision as there's so many great Pokemon which were added. I narrowed it down to the 2 I use the most. Zoroark and Darmanitan. Out of these 2, I generally use Zoroark more just because I normally have another fire type before getting to Darumaka.)

697.png

Dragon Claw | Earthquake | Ancientpower | Dark Pulse
(I haven't played X or Y yet so I can only really pick this one by how I've seen it in action from other peoples videos of it. Tyrunt is my favorite looking fossil type since Kanto and is therefore my choice. To be honest, I don't like the look of many Pokemon this time around.)​

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
To be honest, if I were to make a team with one from each generation, I'd probably just make a team with my favorite from each gen and the moves wouldn't be competitively viable, cause I don't battle competitively. So this would strictly be in-game. Here we go...

135.png
197.png
334.png
468.png
548.png
654.png

-sobs everywhere because omg so beautiful-

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
141.png
219.png
346.png

411.png
558.png
699.png

Can't help but love this roster. Fossil Pokémon have always been a passion of mine and Magcargo and Crustle were added in for type variation while still fitting in with the theme. I love their designs to pieces and the tactics they can use are just as interesting. So cute!

Years
Spr_5b_006.png

Spr_5b_212_f.png

Spr_5b_376.png

Spr_5b_409.png

Spr_5b_635.png

dragalge_sprite_by_noscium-d6pffhj.png

Mega-Charizard because it is a beast.
Scizor beacuse I love his type combo and design.
Metagross because he is my all-time favourite design and he is super duper strong
Rampardos I don't even know I just love him
Hydreigon because he is tough and has an awesome design. And he makes Mewtwo cry.
Dragalge because Dragon-types are lovely and he is better than Goodra IMO. (Goomy is overrated)

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
I too would find it hard to formulate a team for strategic purposes, so favorites it is!

130.shtml

Mega Gyarados
-----
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-----
I wanted to have a Mega Evolution on this team, and I was torn between Mega Gyarados and Mega Gengar. Gyarados is just a bit more interesting to me, so whoop there it is. I dunno. Not a huge fan of cool-looking Pokémon, but Gyarados is more in the butt-ugly camp and that's adorable to me.

185.png

Sudowoodo
-----
-Rock Slide
-Counter
-Brick Break
-Wood Hammer
-----
This guy has really been growing on me lately! It's cute in that pathetic way, you know? It's just so derpy and happy I wanna give it a big hug!

272.png

Ludicolo
-----
-Ice Beam
-Nature Power
-Surf
-Toxic
-----
Bahahaha just look at this guy

462.png

Magnezone
-----
-Thunderbolt
-Magnet Rise
-Flash Cannon
-Signal Beam
-----
Generation IV was pretty sparse on Pokémon I really liked, so fittingly enough my favorite from Generation IV is an evolution of my Generation I favorite, Magneton, just with a worse design.

623.png

Golurk
-----
-Earthquake
-Phantom Force
-Fire Punch
-Psychic
-----
This guy right here! It's a gigantic superhero mecha except not because it's a big clay soldier possessed by a ghost! Game Freak could have easily just given up there and never made a single Pokémon again. They clearly reached the apex of amazing right here.

713.png

Avalugg
-----
-Hail
-Blizzard
-Rock Slide
-Avalanche
-----
This is more for Bergmite than anything, but of course I just have to evolve it, you know!​

So, you know, not the most competent team on the block, but hey, that's the way it is ma'am.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
This is very difficult. Rather than going with my absolute favorites from each gen, I'm choosing Pokemon that I like and would also work well together (But I won't be posting movesets.)
Raichu
Espeon
Banette (if it can still become mega)
Togekiss
Zoroark
Delphox.

This was so hard since most of my favorites and ones I want to use come from Gen 6.

Years
I have been working on this team for a long time now and even included a rule about not using pokemon with evolutions/pre-evolutions from other generations and no multiple pokemon of the same type (ex. if one is Fire/Flying then no other pokemon can be fire or flying as well). Anyway, here is what I have, though I haven't really settled on what movesets I'll use just yet

Gen I
006.png
006-mx.png

Charizard/Mega Charizard X (Fire/Flying) (Fire/Dragon): He is my favorite and now my Mega Pokemon

Gen II
171.png

Lanturn (Water/Electric): she has a nice typing

Gen III
286Breloom.png

Breloom (Grass/Fighting): he was very helpful in Ruby (really wish I could catch one in Pokemon X)

Gen IV
452.png

Drapion (Poison/Dark): Kind of an ugly fellow IMO, but he was very useful in Black 2 (and now he will be even more helpful in X and Y)

Gen V
623.png

Golurk (Ground/Ghost): He is pretty cool and has some nice immunities

Gen VI
707.png

Klefki (Steel/Fairy): I admit, I haven't actually caught this one yet but I really like what I see. Plus I wanted to incorporate a Fairy type pokemon for my team.

I'm currently working on a Back-up team with the same rules, so far though I only officially have Torterra (Gen IV) for my team, and I'm still deciding between Galvantula and Chandelure for my Gen V pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't play competitively so this is purely based on my own tastes.

Gen 1
131.png

Lapras: I've never actually used a lapras but it's my favourite 1st gen pokemon aesthetically.

Gen 2
181.png

Ampharos: This was between Ampharos, Tyranitar and Crobat....Ampharos won out based on looks and having a more permanent slot on my team during soul silver.

Gen 3
303.png

Mawile: My favourite gen for pokemon designs. This was fought between Mawile and Numel...but I'm not as fond of Camerupt so Mawile won.

Gen 4
407.png

Roserade: Tough choice between Roserade and Togekiss...but Roselia is a big favourite of mine so Roserade edges it.

Gen 5
563.png

Cofagrigus: Reuniclus is my second favourite pokemon, it's a shame my favourite pokemon of all is found in the same gen. Otherwise they'd both be on this team.

Gen 6
687.png

Malamar: Easily my favourite from the 6th gen.

Reactions: Jak
Years
Loving the creativity flowing in this thread and definitely admire the ability for people to recall pokemon based on their generation!

Gen I: Alakazam (with the Megaevolution would be a plus!)
Gen II: Scisor!! Definitely on the list. Not sure if I ever had the chance to play with one myself but upon research, awesome pokemon! Remember it on the N64 Stadium 2 game as a 'rental' pokemon, very cool.
Gen III: Salamence! Took me so LONG to final acquire him, but it was SO worth it.
Gen IV: Luxray (although possibly Electivire had I ever had one :| )
Gen V: Hydreigon! To this day I don't know if the pokemon I received on the GTS was a hacked pokemon or not, but it had 31 IVs in Sp.A, Speed and HP it was an absolute beast.
Gen VI: Yet to play!!!

If I could add legendaries, Kyogre (I loved my kyogre) would certainly feature in the list: with Icebeam, Surf, Thunderbolt and another move, being in its moveset! Arceus is plain and simply the pinnacle of divine pokemon worship haha

P.s. I am usually this passionate about everything :P

Reactions: Jak
Years
Interesting to see which everyone's favorites are. :) It's going to be hard for me to pick a favorite out of each gen because I have several, but I'll give it a try.

131.png
181-m.png
313.png
465.png
595.png
668-f.png

131.png
@ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Sassy / Shell Armor
252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def

~ Ice Beam
~ Waterfall/Surf
~ Ice Shard
~ Recover/Psychic

Have always loved Lapras. Its design is just perf, and I love how bulky it is. The defensive EV's alongside the offensive moveset might be a little odd but this is how I like to use it.

181-m.png
@ Ampharosite
Modest / Static -> Mold Breaker
252 SpA/252 SpD/4 HP

~ Cotton Guard
~ Discharge
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Power Gem/Confuse Ray

I have raised so many Ampharos in my life, I just love it. I have yet to try Mega Ampharos because I am waiting for Pokémon Bank so I can use my old EV trained pal (don't want to make the poor thing feel left out). Aipom deserves a mention here, too.

313.png
@ Leftovers
Bold / Prankster
248 HP/252 Def/8 SpD

~ Tail Glow
~ Encore
~ Baton Pass
~ Thunder Wave

I hate how they gave it Tail Glow while it has a terrible 47 SpA stat. It's like, "Hey! We came up with a great new move, exclusively on a Pokémon that it is practically unuseable on!" Its stats are such a shame because it has a great movepool as well. But I love its design so I'll have it as a Baton Passer. :)

465.png
@ Leftovers
Sassy / Regenerator
252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def

~ Giga Drain
~ Earthquake
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Facade

I love how wiggly and bulky it is. Not fond of its new design but oh well.

595.png
@ Eviolite
Timid / Unnerve
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP

~ Bug Buzz
~ Thunderbolt
~ Volt Switch
~ Light Screen

IT'S JUST SO CUTE. I left it unevolved on my Black in-game team, too. Close call with Archeops here though, but god, have you seen its new design? It looks horrible.

668-f.png
@ King's Rock (I don't care! I love it) / Life Orb
Modest / Moxie/Unnerve
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP

~ Flamethrower
~ Dark Pulse
~ Hyper Voice
~ Flame Charge/Overheat

Easily my favourite of gen 6 tbh. Though I'm not sure whether I like the male or female version better.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I've got quite a few favourites in every generation. But when I'm picking my team, I mostly take typing, stats and movepool into account.

For this team, I'll go with favoritism as well. And this will be it:

Gen 1 - Gengar. This guy has high Special Attack and Speed, and a great special movepool with moves like Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb/Wave, Thunderbolt, Psychic, and Focus Blast.
Gen 2 - Feraligatr. In every Pokemon game I play, there's a Water type in my team. Also, Feraligatr is a great sweeper with high physical stats, Waterfall, Crunch, and Ice Punch. To top it all off, it can boost with Swords Dance or Dragon Dance!
Gen 3 - Salamence. Not only is it majestic, it's also a great mixed sweeper. It has great physical moves like Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, and Earthquake, as well as great special moves like Dragon Pulse and Flamethrower. Also, it gets Moxie for extra badassery!
Gen 4 - Lucario. Another great mixed sweeper with great moves like Aura Sphere, ExtremeSpeed, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, and the elemental punches. It also gets Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, two of my favourite boosting moves.
Gen 5 - Ferrothorn. While it may be slow, it's an awesome mixed wall, and it has a respectable Attack stat. It gets plenty of support options like Leech Seed, Thunder Wave, and Spikes, as well as Gyro Ball and Power Whip for attacking.
Gen 6 - Talonflame. When it comes to the regional birds, Talonflame was a big step in the right direction. It's really fast, it has a great STAB combination in Fire/Flying, and it gets Gale Wings for priority on Flying moves, and Flame Charge to boost its Speed even further.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
A thing like this wouldn't work competitively so here are my favourites:

006.png
@Charizardite Y /
006-my.png

Solar Beam
Heat Wave
Dragon Pulse
Air Slash

Absolute monster. Charizard was the second pokemon i ever had. Despite it having been weak in competitive battling at one time, Charizard was like the best pokemon in the anime which I grew up watching and it was a total beast in game.

160.png
@Life Orb

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Aqua Jet
Ice Fang

My first pokemon ever! It's simply for that reason(and how awesome he looks!) he is my fav 2nd gen pokemon.

373.png
@Lum Berry

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Aqua Tail

He's a monster that's what he is. Moxie and DD make him one of THE most dangerous pokemon in history.

475.png
@Leftovers

Bulk Up
Earthquake
Psycho Cut
Close Combat

None of the 4th Gen pokemon really appealed to me except Electivire an this guy. His superb attack and versatility made him the better one.

555.png
@Choice Band

Earthquake
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Rock Slide

It has a crazy grin. That is all.........

658.png
@Expert Belt

U-Turn
Surf
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam

The coolest looking of the new starters and the most versatile,tricksterish pokemon of Gen 6.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
interesting topic

Gen 1 Jolteon- Favorite first eeveelution
gen 2 Togetic- I got to have my little fairy
gen 3 Flygon- I Do not know why I like it
gen 4- lucario- my togetics best friend
gen 5- Stoutland- it can hold its own in battle
gen 6 Dedenne- I just love this little thing

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2019
Gen 1 - Lapras. Never got to use it in a gen 1 game, but based on its design and how good it was in later games for me, it definitely gets its spot. Honourable mentions to Dewgong and Magmar
Gen 2 - Skarmory. Such a shame you didn't get it until late in the game, the thing is a beast. And only got better with later games. Honourable mentions to Typhlosion, Mantine, Espeon and Houndoom
Gen 3 - Mawile. No question. This girl was my favourite for so long, it was just a shame that her stats were not so great. So happy she got a Mega evolution. Honourable mentions to Blaziken and Aggron
Gen 4 - Togekiss. Because I'm the sort of sadistic pain in the neck that runs a paraflinch set :D The change to Fairy type in gen 6 was nice too. But Gen 4 was the pinnacle for me. There are so many pokemon that I fell in love with. As such, Honourable mentions go to Torterra, Infernape, Empolean, Roserade, Vespiquen, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Bronzong, Drapion, Weavile, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Electivire, Yanmega, Leafeon, Glaceon, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Gallade and Frosslass. Yeah, there are a lot of Gen 4's that I adore
Gen 5 - Leavanny. I found Gen 5 a little disappointing after the dizzying heights of Gen 4, but Leavanny was the light in the dark. Especially after a swords dance, Leaf Blade and X Scissor would wreck so much face. Honourable mentions to Bisharp, Ferrothorn, Chandelure, Mienshao and Axew (for being so damn adorable)
Gen 6 - Aurorus. As soon as I saw her, I knew I needed one on my team. I didn't care about her terrible typing, I just had to have one. And of course I nicknamed her Littlefoot :) Honourable mentions to Aegislash, Malamar and Noivern

Back