• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
Does Galena's Lighthouse have a similarity to Olivine or Sunyshore's Lighthouses? I'm guessing we can battle trainers in there like Olivine's Lighthouse probably. I'm also guessing the Galena City Pokemon Gym is the fifth and is a Water type Gym.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Here are some screens of Hazel Town Pokémon Gym. This is the last Gym you'll be able to challenge in Beta 2. I'm not very happy with the tiles, so the Gym's appearance will differ a little from the playable beta.

Spoiler:

Years
I'm guessing Beta 2 of Azure Horizons has four/ five gyms. Do we get to challenge Galena City's gym leader? I am guessing Hazel Town used to be Livy Town but you changed the gym's type along with the city so it wasn't too much like Fire Red. Also I like Robyn's sprite.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
Production on the hack has been going very steadily but Beta 2 will be released eventually, don't worry. I've just finished inserting the hero and heroine's sprites into the game.

Spoiler:

Also, since people have been complaining on the difficulty of the 1st Gym, I decided to change Quinn's team around.

click me

I like the new sprites, I was kinda getting tired of the same ones from FR/LG

Update: Just finished scripting all of the events in Amethyst City and the sewer events with Team Tundra. All that's left is mapping and a tiny bit of scripting leading up to the 4th Gym and Beta 2 will be released.

Here's a screenshot of Amethyst's Gym. I'm very happy on how the layout came to turn out.

Spoiler:

I'm glad too, I like these tiles a lot

Here are some screens of Hazel Town Pokémon Gym. This is the last Gym you'll be able to challenge in Beta 2. I'm not very happy with the tiles, so the Gym's appearance will differ a little from the playable beta.

Spoiler:

Well I certainly like them, except the ladders though, they could be stairways or elevator lifts, just suggesting......

Years
Like I said in another thread I'm going to wait until the beta is released to have my questions answered. This game is my favorite ROM Hack, but as said before I will keep questions to myself. I'll post when a new beta is released, when I do post, I will post glitches that appear, help others that need help, etc. I do post more than anyone in this thread, I haven't checked yet, but I probably do.

Seeing the Hazel Town Pokemon Gym is the fourth gym you showed us, I'm guessing it is the fourth obviously and we won't be taking on Galena City's Gym. I will find out where the beta ends when Beta 2 is released, but as for now I will wait.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
hopefully some of those gyms will be like a puzzle cuz if its not then ill just feel like im going through the motion. itll be like a little kids game with clues everywhere where to go. hope you make it very challenging rather than just like firered where you defeat the gymlesders and then fite the elite four. make it suuper hard.

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
You've been working so hard for this Hack!

Hopefully the Beta 2 is ready and I'm guessing that you're still
testing it for bugs and glitches so that you can release a bug-free
and glitch-free Beta.

Anyways Good Luck on this one! :3

Ayesha

惚け
Years
I love this game! I played a little bit so far, and the graphics are sprites are stunning. =) Most people are complaining that it's too short, but I love it. ^^ Keep up the great work please!

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
This hack is....well....amazing. At first, I didn't think it would be a very good hack, boy was I wrong.
This hack is one of the best there is right now, good work :)
...Also, why isn't this stickied anymore?

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
I'm happy to announce that Beta 2 is near completion! It should be released pretty soon.
I don't have anything else to say so here are some screenshots.

Spoiler:

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
Wow after a long wait beta 2 is about to be release soon.
I love the screenshot especially screen #3.

Years
I like the new screenshots. I'm guessing we will be going on a cruise ship in Beta 2 or a warehouse in Galena City. I like Leon's sprite, it fits him since in Beta 1 he had a Super Nerd sprite in battle. I will wait soon for Beta 2 to comment again!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Will we be able to use our old save files, or do you recommend starting a new one? After all, who knows what you could have done in a year...

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Will we be able to use our old save files, or do you recommend starting a new one? After all, who knows what you could have done in a year...
For the Beta 2 release, you will definitely need to start an entirely new save file. If you start off from the old one, the events will all be messed up particularly due to the fact that I added a few new events at the beginning of the game and some flags and setvars were changed around.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2021
Where is the end of beta 1.2? I won second badge, and i gave notice book to this guy. This is the end?

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
After a LONG wait, Beta 2 is now released. What you thought was good, just got a whole lot better. Download is on the front page, read the release notes and the readme inside the download file accordingly. Enjoy people! :)

Back