• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you consider this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zypher634

zypher634
Years
would you consider someone that spends over 200 man hours attempting to get their perfect team a hardcore pokemon fan? ive spend close to that now and by perfect I mean hatching eggs using the masuda method as well trying to get shinys as well. im still tryin to get a shiny beldum and I have over 100 now. would you consider me a hardcore fan and if not what would you consider a hardcore fan?

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Holy shinx.

Dude, not saying you're have no life or anything, but get off that DS! Or at least play something else! That isn't hardcore, that's titaniumcore, too much.

Good luck.

zypher634

zypher634
Years
im a youtuber its what I do. I make videos of me playing games and pokemon happens to be one of them. im trying to get zebstrika and metagross and my team will be perfect. its mainly because the regionals are coming up soon

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
I don't see why you'd try so hard, you have 4 false legendaries, and charizard who i think is overrated, dragonite would also be overrated, although, what you're doing with shinies and what not, is a bit too far.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Sorry dude but I've got four for you, "It's just a game!"
Don't take games into such a serious matter.
I personally don't think that getting addicted to Pokemon is "hardcore". Just sayin'.

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Yeah that's a bit too much.

I could possibly understand 200 hours (personally I stop after 50) for all of your game time but 200 for one team is extreme. Though it's your choice how you spend your time.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Like Stormborn already said it's your time so you choose how to spend it but 200 hours for one team is a bit excessive...

The most playtime I've had for one save file was my original Pearl Version at 500 hours, which mind you is a 6 year old save file with many hours spent on Wi-Fi.

Still, it's your time so ultimately your choice, but that doesn't sound very healthy, to me at least.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Um... no. No offense meant, but no. It's not an issue of the time spent - it's what you've spent it on. If you'd invested all that time into getting beneficial natures, good stats, appropriate EVs and optimum movesets on viable pokemon, then maybe, but to invest all that time into getting shinies of overrated, overused pseudolegendaries? Nah. Sorry.

Years
would you consider someone that spends over 200 man hours attempting to get their perfect team a hardcore pokemon fan? ive spend close to that now and by perfect I mean hatching eggs using the masuda method as well trying to get shinys as well. im still tryin to get a shiny beldum and I have over 100 now. would you consider me a hardcore fan and if not what would you consider a hardcore fan?

Quick question, why not just RNGing? It would seem to be much (much!) quicker than trying to use the Masuda method and you won't get as many people freaking out when you say you spend 20~30 hours just getting your perfect Pokemon team.

Andy Joe

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
To be hard core fan you must have a collection of toys of all the Pokemon character.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm just gonna close this. It doesn't bring much discussion and almost everyone has told you the same thing. :/

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back