• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Seventh Generation Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I never want to play this generation, as most know about me, but I'm confused now over a possible addition that I can find no information about.

A friend recommended this channel and while it's interesting, this video in particular caused the confusion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=684s&v=rbwX6Qq6PyM

Skip to about 10 minutes or so.

"You have to use miracle eye to be able to use gravity on a dark type"

WHAAAT?
Is he mistaken or was this a new addition that now field moves have type immunities?

I literally found nothing to back this up past a new dark type Prankster ability immunity.
That's it.

I can't even imagine the metagame now if field moves like Gravity are now type immune. They'd tear down all balance they've created thus far.

But if this guy is mistaken... Some expert, right?

Let me know. I am baffled by this.

He's mistaken.

His line of reasoning is basically "Dark types are immune to Psychic, and so are immune to the effects of Gravity because it's a Psychic type move"

But Dark types are just immune to damage dealing Psychic type moves and not just Psychic moves in general, so non-attacking Psychic moves like Gravity and Hypnosis will still work against them.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
He's mistaken.

His line of reasoning is basically "Dark types are immune to Psychic, and so are immune to the effects of Gravity because it's a Psychic type move"

But Dark types are just immune to damage dealing Psychic type moves and not just Psychic moves in general, so non-attacking Psychic moves like Gravity and Hypnosis will still work against them.

Some expert.

I was thinking the same thing, like why would they change that and how could he not know it?
That's all I could think about. Either of those.

Glad I unsubbed.

Thanks for the answer!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2018
Hello!
I have the sun version and I'm trying to do the battle tree with my friend who has the ultra sun version. We always get the message "you can't battle together with this trainer".

Is both version not compatible for the battle tree, multi-battle ?
We tried with only two basic pok?mon and without item.

TheArchivist95

TheArchivist95
Years
New (kind of) Trainer, I Want a Totodile!

So uh... I dunno if this is the right place for this, but I just picked up Ultra Sun and I refuse to play without Totodile. I need him, he's my spirit animal. What's the easiest way to get a Totodile early in Ultra Sun! HELP ME!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
In Sun/Moon you can get Totodile via Island Scan. But since you're on Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, the Pokemon available via Island Scan is different, and Totodile is not one of them.

So in order to get Totodile, you're going to need to have someone trade one to you since there is no other way to obtain Totodile in US/UM. So you'll have to see if you can pull one from the GTS, or try posting in our Trade Corner and see if someone there will be able to help you out.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 8, 2018
Route 14 Shiny Frillish

I know it may seem like a dumb question, but I, out of paranoia, have questioned whether the female frillish attacking the swimmer on route 14 is shiny huntable. It most likely is, but I just wanted confirmation, because I haven?t seen anything about it online. Is it?

Years
I'm pretty sure that Frillish is not shiny-locked. I haven't tested it, but then again that's probably because you can already encounter Frillish through normal means on that same route. I know for sure the only shiny locks in this game are the Tapus, totem-sized Pokemon (as in the ones you obtain from collecting Totem Stickers), Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma and all the mythicals (Magearna, Marshadow, Zeraora).

The Ultra Beasts were also shiny-locked in SM, but that was removed in US/UM. The previous-gen legendaries in Ultra Space are also not shiny-locked.

Last edited:

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
I have a question regarding Mew: Can all event Mew be transferred from Bank to Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon and traded? I ask because I read a rumor a while back about some event Mew being blocked.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
I have a question regarding Mew: Can all event Mew be transferred from Bank to Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon and traded? I ask because I read a rumor a while back about some event Mew being blocked.

Depends on the Mew, to be honest. Normally, Mew glitch Mew can't be transferred. However, there's a means to bypass this restriction and get your Mew into the game, but it's quite tedious and requires some glitching. As I can't really explain it, this video should detail more info on how to get the main item required, 8F:

However, do not use 8F yet, as it may crash the game. After that you need to configure your bag and party in a specific way to trick the game into executing code from within. This is how to set your team and bag up, and it can be really tedious:

Team:
1. Mew
2. Pidgey with 233 HP (max HP doesn't matter)
3. Parasect
4. Onix
5. Tentacool
6. Arbok (if on Blue, you have to use the Mew glitch to get it)

Bag:
1. 8F
2. Any item x89
3. Dire Hit x58
4. Iron x37
5. X Accuracy x119
6. Water Stone x62
7. Burn Heal x50
8. Pokeball x43
9. Antidote x43
10. Protein x62
11. PP Up x60
12. Ice Heal x50
13. Lemonade x133
14. Great Ball x50
15. Fresh Water x34
16. TM01 (doesn't matter how many you have)

Now use 8F.
Congratulations, you should be able to get your glitched Mew into USUM.

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
Years
Soooooo in XY you could get tons of Pokebeans from the affection minigames. Other than the cafe bonuses, how do you get more in Gen VII? I have yet to find any such games, such as the yarn-bop one, in the menu.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Soooooo in XY you could get tons of Pokebeans from the affection minigames. Other than the cafe bonuses, how do you get more in Gen VII? I have yet to find any such games, such as the yarn-bop one, in the menu.
The main way to get more of the Pokebeans is through PokePelago. Once you get access to the Charizard PokeRide it should become available to you on the menu. The first island of PokePelago you get access to is the one you get the beans from.

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
Years
The main way to get more of the Pokebeans is through PokePelago. Once you get access to the Charizard PokeRide it should become available to you on the menu. The first island of PokePelago you get access to is the one you get the beans from.

Ahhhh I completely forgot about PokePelago!! I just passed the Sudowoodo near O'Hana, so hopefully the next mount is Charizard (or if the big mud horse is next, then after that).

Thank you :)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I need help beating Mewtwo on Pokemon Quest. What Pokemon should I use to fight him and what should the stats be for them?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Can anyone provide me with a list of nicknames that are censored when you transfer your Pokemon from the Virtual Console to Ultra Moon via Poke Transfer? With trading, at least, I've heard some stories about seemingly innocuous names being blocked, and I really really don't want my Pokemon's nicknames to disappear. :(

The Pokemon I want to transfer are named (exactly as written) Bruiser, Angel, Bering C., Speckle, Snippy, Seth, and LOLA (that one's the in-game trade for Jynx, so it's probably okay).

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Can anyone provide me with a list of nicknames that are censored when you transfer your Pokemon from the Virtual Console to Ultra Moon via Poke Transfer? With trading, at least, I've heard some stories about seemingly innocuous names being blocked, and I really really don't want my Pokemon's nicknames to disappear. :(

The Pokemon I want to transfer are named (exactly as written) Bruiser, Angel, Bering C., Speckle, Snippy, Seth, and LOLA (that one's the in-game trade for Jynx, so it's probably okay).
This is labeled as only up to Gen 6, but I'd imagine that the ban list is largely unchanged for Gens 7 and 8, although it's possible there's more than what's listed here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Glik/List_of_censored_words_in_Generation_VI

It's pretty much what you'd expect, sexual stuff/swearing/some slurs are almost entirely what comprises the ban list. So I'd think that the names you listed are not going to encounter any problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back