• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dark Shadows

What Starter should have the second event?

• Treecko

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Chikorita

• Bulbasaur

• Charmander

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Squirtle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I can help in regards of building Pokemon teams for the gym leaders.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I've finished writing the Gym Leaders teams. I included the Pokemon vietazn654 wanted as well, aside from Roselia. I wanted to give the game a more Kanto/Johto feeling rather then Hoenn. Sorry. >: (

- Oh, and I also changed Gym# 7 to a Water based team if that's okay with you. ^^;

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
I played more of this. And, why is the hometown so large? I think you should make it smaller. And you need to fix some grammar... And some places in this hack are larger than it needs to be... I could help if you want :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
oh I got a name for the dark gym leader. Kiernan, the name means the dark powerful one.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
OK good name :) will add it

@vietazn654 I intended the world to be larger to have moe to do. That is why i gave the character the running shoes at the start. As for grammar If it wouldn't be too much trouble that would help. For maps I am mapping out the region first and will go back after to change anything. I also have a friend who is going to review the maps and change things if they need changing. If you have any suggestion fire away. If you want to help that would be great what aspect where you thinking of helping with?

EDIT: scripting totidile event. Will release a new teaser when done. Still looking for gym leader names.

EDIT: saving room so i don't double post XD add names

EDIT: @Rozen I don't know.... It might take away the feel of the game. I will think about it and there are always the posibility of "Elite 4"

Edit: Important! I have got the Totodile event up and running! I just have to do a few OW and insert them. Will be done within the weekend!

Last edited:

vietazn654

Years
OK good name :) will add it

@vietazn654 I intended the world to be larger to have moe to do. That is why i gave the character the running shoes at the start. As for grammar If it wouldn't be too much trouble that would help. For maps I am mapping out the region first and will go back after to change anything. I also have a friend who is going to review the maps and change things if they need changing. If you have any suggestion fire away. If you want to help that would be great what aspect where you thinking of helping with?

EDIT: scripting totidile event. Will release a new teaser when done. Still looking for gym leader names.
I'm actually a little busy with my hack, but I will play your next beta :) and I got a name for the fighting type. Kendo. It means "way of the sword". and for posoin type a girl name could be Ivy (poison ivy) :p thats all i have xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
You should name the 8th Gym Leader "Neon". D:< You deserve some credit!

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
Hi, everyone I decided to play a bit of my own game and found that in MT. Shadow the warps don't work XD I have fixed it and release it once i have inserted the Totodile OW. For team dusk they willl remain Team rocket OW for a while as i haven't made ones yet. If no one else posts i will edit the tread with the link without posting again so check back.

Last edited:

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
Hi everyone I have uploaded teaser 0.3 along with that i have uploaded some pictures previewing the update.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This update comes with the Totodile event. Demon TOTODILE is a fully functioning character with Front and Back sprites, his own stats, new pokemon menu icon and dex entry. I have also made Over World sprites for the event so i hope you all like it :) I have also fixed the warps in MT. Shadow so you can actually get through it :)

btw i am also looking for ideas for the Elite 4 so please make your suggestions. If you have an idea please put it in this format

Name:
Type:
POKEMON:

I am also looking for an OW spriter so if you want to help please post here or PM me

Last edited:

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
I kinda like the story and how you mix up in the fight between two teams, and from the looks of it, this hack do have some potential.

I'm looking forward to more updates, and I totally love that demon Totodile xD
Best of luck!

vietazn654

Years
rlly... i'll play it when i have enough time. :) i cant wait to play it. good luck on teaser 0.4... btw...
Name: Bust
Type: Steel
Pokemon: Steelix, Magneton, Skarmory... Most of them are Hoenn, but I know you only want Kanto/Johto pokemon :p
~

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
actually that was rozen and now that you get national dex straight away all pokemon are fair game. btw i like that one down 3-4 to go XD

btw I have been having this problem where in certain areas having wild battles\pokemon menu will cause you to swap sprites with certain characters and make you unable to move more than 2 steps. I really need to fix this. do you know what the problem is?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Ah, Neon I've been meaning to ask you if you'd like me to write the Elite 4 members. O:

I can make them extra challenging, just PM me.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
Rozen that would be great!
and thanks guys for the help and support i really apreciate it :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I'll start it soon; it'll be sent to you by tomorrow [I've work to do today]

EDIT: @vietazn: What Pokemon didja want? Remember only 5. :]

Last edited:

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
rlly... i'll play it when i have enough time. :) i cant wait to play it. good luck on teaser 0.4... btw...
Name: Bust
Type: Steel
Pokemon: Steelix, Magneton, Skarmory... Most of them are Hoenn, but I know you only want Kanto/Johto pokemon :p
~
he wanted these ones you could add a few too

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Yeah, I've already added those Pokemon to the team, but what other 2 does he want?

BTW. You should add a poll asking whether or not all battles should be double battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back