• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Sully vs Stahl:
I like both of these characters, but, to be hoenst, I chose Sully for an excuse to hear her say, "Shopping for me? How Damn!"

Miriel vs Ricken:
I chose Miriel. I like Riken too, but, I thiiiink Miriel is stronger in Magic as a Mage (or correct me if I'm wrong?).

Sumia vs Cordelia:
Well... these two are okay, but, I guess I would chose Sumia since she's cute with Chrom. But ugh, this is a tough pick since both of them are in my main team. XD

Tharja vs Henry:
Again, I like both of these guys; Tharja is a stalker, and Henry is hilarious. I chose Henry from my last game, and Tharja for my current game... but in a tight race, I'd have to go with Henry. Love his evil jokes.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Sully vs Stahl:
Both are great units, but I gotta go with Stahl because of his voice.

Miriel vs Ricken:
This one's tough, while I enjoy Ricken's character as a kiddie mage, I also enjoyed Miriel's character as being analystic. I even shipped her with Luo' Qu for the lulz and see how their chemistry will react.

Sumia vs Cordelia:
Ah yes, the two pegasus knights who got married to Chrom and my avatar in my game. I have to go with Sumia for her sweet nature.

Tharja vs Henry:
I had a good experience with using Tharja in battle than Henry, so I choose her.

Did anyone of you guys read this article regarding Awakening: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/2...ng-could-have-been-the-last-fire-emblem-game/

It seems like the game safely dodged the bullet.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Thank goodness they made such an awesome game and it's sold so well! It's easily my favorite game right now.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hey, there's new DLC available to purchase and download!

There's the Future Past 3, which finishes the Future Past trilogy, and, there's a new DLC map called Apotheosis, which, according to the description, this miiiight be the hardest map in the game. So, uh, I guess if you think Radiant Hero was hard, be prepared for this map. XD

You can get Future Past 3 for $3.00, and Apotheosis for $2.50! Are any of you going to get these maps? :3

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
One on hand, I am very happy Fire Emblem isn't just gonna die like that. It IS (hehe) a good series.

On the other hand, this means Awakening's new features are now gonna be the standard and the series is gonna suffer the same problems Awakening did. Bad map designs, grinding, overpowered pair ups, overpowered units, overpowered children, casual mode (I don't mind people getting into it easily, but Fire Emblem's main strength is having to be careful on your units movements and positioning to ensure they survive. I feel like an easy mode would be a lot better.), pointless one-dimensional characters (at least the older characters had good purposes to fight than make friends), otaku stuff (sumia tripping over to chrom, chrom bumping into feMU while taking a shower, nowi talking about tharjah's boingy bits, etc), anime cliche story (it's not like FE has particularly good story, but Awakening's was really stupid) etc etc are gonna plague the series now I believe. Unless IS fixes all that (which is gonna be a problem), but it'll still ultimately be more RPG than strategy. Good for the people where it's their first FE game though. (I do suggest playing the older games in the series to see how it's like. They're a lot better, for me. Pair ups suck)

EDIT: I'm actually gonna really miss the old art style, as well. I don't like Awakening's at all. (Call me crazy, but I'd take Shadow Dragon's art style over it.)
EDIT2: At least the OST is good. Chapter 10 music sooo good.

Needless to say the more I play the game, the more I hate it. I cannot express my disappointment of it enough, and the fact the next Fire Emblems are pretty much going to be the same actually makes me pretty sad. I'd accept the changes if Advance Wars is revived and takes up the hard, but addicting strategy first gameplay like it always had for the strategy enthusiasts instead. I won't miss the RPG elements, because I actually prefer Advance Wars anyway now. However, the news actually pretty much means Advance Wars is as good as dead, because it also doesn't sell well, unless they give it one last chance like with Awakening. (No, I do not want to marry Sami, IS.)

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
You can get Future Past 3 for $3.00, and Apotheosis for $2.50! Are any of you going to get these maps? :3

YES. Finally, Apotheosis is now here. Now to bring out all the Limit Breaker grinded out units just to beat this monster. Future Past 3 is pretty cool too though. It's a shame that this marks the end of the DLC, as Apotheosis is the final DLC.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
One on hand, I am very happy Fire Emblem isn't just gonna die like that. It IS (hehe) a good series.

On the other hand, this means Awakening's new features are now gonna be the standard and the series is gonna suffer the same problems Awakening did. Bad map designs, grinding, overpowered pair ups

Your perception of reality is reality. Grinding is only a problem if you are doing the grinding. When I played, the random battles were much harder than the Chapters, so I did no grinding and everything was fine.

Married Couple never take damage or die. It is overpowered. The idea of ajacnt units defending each other is AMAZING! However, pairing them into one unit was too much. I admit that.

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
grinding, traversable map, and branched promos all existed in sacred stones and left the series until now. i'm glad they brought it all back, though, because it appears to have increased the series' playability to the casual gamers. i'm so glad the series is finally getting some serious exposure

i can't bring myself to use sully or miriel. they're just so ugly and annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back