• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PLS RATE MY BULKY TEAM

AQUILINUS

Life, so insignificant
Years
The goal of my 'bulky' battle team is to annoy my opponents to an extreme extent in which they would be tempted to surrender or suffer from being unable to last long,

I am trying to achieve this by using Pokemon with good def/sp def and buffing moves along with curse and baton passing.

This goes against all the rules of making a team because I want it to be unpredictable, so please help to improve it in any way possible.

Gliscor@Lum berry
Hyper Cutter
252Hp/60Spe/196SpD
Timid
-Baton Pass
-Roost
-Swords Dance
-Taunt

Snorlax@Leftovers
Thick Fat
168Hp/120Def/220SpD
Careful
-Crunch
-Curse
-Rest
-Return

Swampert@Leftovers
Torrent
252Hp/40Def/216SpD
Careful
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Rest
-Stone Edge

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Pressure
252Hp/28Atk/228Def
Impish
-Fire Punch
-Pain Split
-Thunder Punch
-Will 'O' Wisp

Umbreon@Leftovers
Synchronize
252Hp/200Atk/56SpD
Sassy
-Curse
-Payback
-Protect
-Wish

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Water Absorb
128Hp/252Def/128Spe
Calm
-Aqua Ring
-Aqua Tail
-Baton Pass
-Substitute

Please do help, THANK YOU!!!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Um Gamer

I would replace it with a RestTalk Rotom-A, one of Starmies and Scizor's best counters.

Starmie owns Rotom-A. Surf 2HKO's.

I would drop Sucknior for something better, like, RestTalk Heatran, because it can switch in on Ape and usually absorb its attacks fairly well, and it is a great counter for Scizor.

WHAT.THE.HELL. There is a little amazing move that all apes run, called Close Combat which kinda you know, rips Heatran a new one. :/

Gamer, im going to have to ask you to make better rates or ill warn you. Ive had to correct one too many of them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2013
Yea, infernape will destroy you. And also, it is really hard to be a good stall team when toxic spikes especially, as well as SR and spikes hits everything on your team bar gliscor (which cant even attack) And you have no way of removing them. Anybody with a phazer like skarmory or hippowdon will handle you with ease.

Tentacruel can counter almost all infernape and remove field hazards. Mix tyranitar can handle skarmory and hippowdon, although its not really a stall. But you have seriously no answer to a skarmory ruining your plan.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
The goal of my 'bulky' battle team is to annoy my opponents to an extreme extent in which they would be tempted to surrender or suffer from being unable to last long,

I am trying to achieve this by using Pokemon with good def/sp def and buffing moves along with curse and baton passing.

This goes against all the rules of making a team because I want it to be unpredictable, so please help to improve it in any way possible.

Gliscor@Lum berry
Hyper Cutter
252Hp/220Spe/36 Def OR SpD if you choose to run dual screens with this
Timid
-Baton Pass
-Roost
-Swords Dance
-Taunt

Taunt leads shut you down basically, if you use this I would use Dual Screen Azelf as the lead, then switch to Gliscor to set up. First off, I don't know why you're using Sp.Def EVs since Gliscor has awful special defenses, and it lacks a good amount of resistances in that spectrum. Gliscor does a lot better as a physical wall as it can utilize its Fighting resist, etc. 220 Speed to outrun all variants of Lucario and enemy Gliscor, but you can take away some Speed if you're not scared of Ice Punch Lucario.

Snorlax@Leftovers
Thick Fat
168Hp/120Def/220SpD
Careful
-Crunch / Fire Punch / Earthquake
-Curse
-Rest
-Return / Body Slam

Looks good, and suggested some options to consider (Fire Punch for Scizor, Skarm, Zong, and Steels, while EQ is for TTar, Heatran, etc, and lastly Body Slam for the paralysis chance that's always helpful).

Swampert@Leftovers
Torrent
252Hp/40Def/216SpD
Careful
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Rest
-Stone Edge

I guess.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Pressure
252Hp/28Atk/228Def
Impish
-Fire Punch
-Pain Split
-Thunder Punch
-Will 'O' Wisp

Honestly Rotom-A outclasses this completely:

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Speed
Nature: Bold
- Discharge / Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Rest
- <Signature move like Overheat or Leaf Storm> / Substitute / Sleep Talk

Standard set, EVs are to outrun and burn SD Scizor before it deals any massive damage to you. Discharge is for the paralysis chance (which is always helpful for Heatran switches), while Thunderbolt for higher power. Pain Split for recovery, and gives you a free moveslot for a signature move depending on what forme you chose to use. Rest-talk are options since Pain Split isn't the most reliable form of recovery. Substitute is an option to use alongside Pain Split as they make a really annoying combo.

Umbreon@Leftovers
Synchronize
252Hp/4Atk/252SpD
Sassy
-Curse
-Payback
-Protect
-Wish

I would run more Sp.Def EVs to help with strong special attacks, and Curse boosts your Atk anyway.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Water Absorb
252Hp/252Def/4Spe
Calm
-Aqua Ring / Wish
-Surf
-Baton Pass
-Substitute

Looks fine I guess, but Vappy's Atk is incredibly low, where as it has above average Sp.Atk so Surf would be a better option here so you aren't set up fodder for everything. Also, those Speed EVs are used for BP teams that plan on passing +2 Speed to Vappy, so use max HP to help lower damage from stuff like Gyara. You can run 8 more Speed EVs to outrun CB Scizor. Wish is an option to use.

Please do help, THANK YOU!!!
Comments in bold ↑, might come back to help with other things if I'm not too busy.

Last edited:
Back