• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Hey I would like to join I have a total of 2 wild encountered shiny's in my entire pokemon experience (my whole life) I recently got a shiny graveler (I evolved it) from pokemon x in victory road when I was evolving pokemon and a shiny shinx in platinum which I have evolved into a luxray and is on my soulsilver game. Also if anyone knows where I can get a good signature to add my shiny pokemon?
I plan to measuda method in x and try not to chain fish.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
I want to join the club D:
I currently have a Gen III, a Gen IV and a Gen VI Pokemon which are shiny, but they are all in Pokemon X. I caught a Shiny Skorupi at Route 15, followed by a Shiny Klefki at Lost Hotel, and then finally a Shiny Loudred from Friend Safari. Someone gave me a Shiny Bagon the other day and this is the most number of shinies I've ever had in a game (without chaining and stuff).

magolor

hsssah!
Years
spritzee_by_wdisneyrp_billcipher-d6sbj9p.png

I really like the colors that were used for the Spritzee's shiny design; it's sort of a "light and dark" theme(comparing it to the original), which is actually really nice. It almost looks like a ghost type now, which is pretty cool. I'm still trying to come up with a name for this little guy, and if I should eventually evolve him. So cute! ^_^

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
hi again, and welcome to all new members, hope you enjoy your stay and have fun hunting and posting.

congrats to:
eastwood (graveler and snorunt)
le krome (bascuilin)
kotomine (x3 boldore) (hope you don't mind me using Unlimited Blade Works vs Gilgamesh's gate of babylon)
MAD31NCH1NA (x2 sklerp)
Shimokane (gastrodon, dunsparce)
enderjay (spritzee) (about your question; i don't know if it counts, probably not since those gotten in an emulator have never counted in the club; i have Heard of pleople transfering from 3 gen rom to 4 gen rom and probably using and R4 card, but since that's not my area, i don't know). (also nice slowking and pidgeot).
caza (graveler, shinx)
newt (skorupi, klefki, loudred)

ok, this is a long list, maybe that's why some people just summarize it.

my update: got a shiny whismur

uploading a pic soon along the other 2.

cya later and happy hunting.

Last edited:

Floette

Fairy Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
Hey! I'm really new, but I just started shiny hunting properly and couldn't resist joining the fun!

I own a shiny male Burmy, who is my only shiny that I've encountered (except Red Gyarados). I have a few others in my GenV/GenVI games that I can't recall but I will list later when I can get them to my X game.

Thanks for having me here!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Hi guys ! I caught a shiny lilipup ! I am willing to trade it for a shiny egg, if anyone is interested PM me ! :D

I am not hunting any shynies but if I get one, I will posted here ! :D

See ya guys and take care

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Nov 1 - The search starts again.

I've been hatching Slugma through Gen 3 - 4 - 5... I have always tossed a Japanese Ditto in with my own Slugma.

Well thanks to Wonder Trade I actually got a Japanese Slugma. I'm tossing him in the Breeding Center with a English Slugma, going to hatch eggs all day. Hey it's my birthday, maybe fate will smile on me... plus I'm using X... need all the support I can find.

Wish me luck my beloved Hunters!

Years
Hi everyone, hope you don't mind but I wanted to join in the fun.

I've been a shiny hunter for ages, although never had a lot of luck with it, until X and Y. Heres a bit of my shiny hunting background.

Spent 4 weeks soft resseting for a shiny Charmander in FireRed. Never got it.
My first ever was a Braviary in White 2 I called Lindburgh, and I later caught a trubbish and Mincinno.
I then went on to get a totodile (Waylon), and Lugia in Soul Silver.

Now in X and Y and I have quite a few. On my copy of Y my shiny Fenniken starter is now Delphox (kind of regret evolving him).
And in X I a long list;
Pachirisu, Charizard, Lampent, Gabite, Sentret, Loudred, Keckleon, Klefki, Ditto (Traded a Shiny Charmeleon for it), Ferroseed, Metang, Dratini, Pumpkaboo, Phantump, Shuppet and Umbreon.
I actually had 3 shuppets, but I gave one away on wondertrade for halloween (Got a combee for it, but then the guy went full guilt mode and swapped the combee for a braxien), and I traded the other combee for a high IV Mawile to a nice chap on 4chan.

So yeah, hope to catch many more, currently trying for a shiny Rufflet in friend safari. Have been reading through most of your posts so good luck to everyone!

And also Happy Birthday Lady Demoonica!

magolor

hsssah!
Years
Happy birthday, Lady Demoonica!

I'm in the process of blasting through my Emulated Fire Red to begin the cycle of transferring my Pidgeot to Y; Thank you so much for the help, Runasutaru! As far as my other shinies go, I'm training Adeleine(Slowking) up to lvl 100. Only 15 levels to go! I'm going to be super-training her for HP and Defence, mostly. I'm not going to evolve my Spritzee for now, since he needs to be traded, so I'll be training him up (mostly for attack) as well through the Battle Chateau and etc... and I'm still stuck on a name. -u-

As far as hunting goes, I'm about 100-something eggs into getting Mawile, plus about 50 safari encounters with both Mawile and Dedenne. I'm SRing for a shiny starter in SoulSilver (50), and I'm going to be hunting Poliwag again in BW (I have 610 REs so far), and Whismur in Ruby. I'm also expecting to get either a Croagunk or a Smeargle from Pokeradar real soon!

Congrats on the Lilipup, Rayluminus, And same to Kotomine and CrowSvenson for the Sentret and Poochyena!

Good luck on the Slugma And Rufflet, Lady Demoonica and Beechyboy! :15:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Hey, hey, hey, fellas! Hope you're all doing well.

Congratulations on all the Shinies; you've been hunting hard. Fun to see people hunting in so many different games!

I'm currently cruisin' and bruisin' on my Pokémon Y! No Shinies as of yet and I'm not expecting to see one too soon. Still, the possibility is on the horizon, for I am going through the game at an almost negative speed, having clocked 72 hours of gameplay and having six Badges. Quite the catching and exploring spree has been in process, along with Super Training and Pokémon Amie fun.

I've spied on some Shinies and may be hunting something as soon as I'm done with the main story; either that or I'll be continuing my neverending train of Nincada hatching; maybe even hatching on both games, if my coordination won't be off.

Now, time for the personal commentary.

@LDD: Happy birthday, crazy bunny woman! I hope you've gotten Lady Luck to give you a present.

@Kotomine: I've been wondering about your spoiler tags for a bit - are you trying to put the image inside a spoiler or a link inside a spoiler? If it's the former, then use [ img]insertlinkhere[ /img] tags (minus the spaces) instead of URL ones.

@Beechyboy: Welcome aboard! Are most of those X/Y Shinies from trades or just a lot of Safari spamming?
Also, is /vp/ hanging on with all the news? I've stayed away to avoid the spoiler waterfalls, since I'm yet to finish the game.

@Enderjay: Now that's a lot of different hunts! My condolences for the time and potential patience lost doing the Sevii Islands part of the trading attunement.
As for your latest Shiny; are you planning to evolve Spritzee? If not, then I may have some ideas, ranging from original to punny. If you will, then these may still apply.

Punny:
>Mascawra
>Skyliner (because it's a bird and it looks like it could have eyeliner)
>Florance (floral fragrance)
>Bootique (looks like it has boots and, well, French region and its boutiques)

Trying to sound like normal names:
>Enzi
>Cresto
>Parfen

Outlandish:
>Feronno (uses "pheromone" as a root word for the distortion)
>Latrisse (made up to sound pompous)
>Gleidoc (was thinking of the word "glitter", but it's quite far removed)

Ridiculously outlandish:
>My Dragon Cave account

After that torrent of brainstorming, I bid you adieu! I'll be stalking the thread while playing.

Shine on!

Years
Thanks Ender and Runasutaru!
If you are afraid of spoilers I'd avoid VP for now, a well known hacker has managed to finally get pokemon x and y working on his modded 3DS, and has released several screenshots of as yet unseen pokemon in X and Y (some look good, won't say more than that though).

As for the Shinies, all aside from Ditto are caught in game, and the only ones not caught in friend safari were Dragonair (chain fishing) and Sentret. Caught sentret while hunting for a shiny honedge that I mean to go back for soon.

I actually caught about 7 in a 48 hour period recently. the 3 shuppets, pumpkaboo, klefki, ferroseed and metang all came really close together. Dry spell today though, still working on that rufflet.

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
@Runasutaru It's the latter. While I guess it doesn't make sense to just put a link in a spoiler, it makes the post look a bit cleaner to me. I may go back to just putting the pics in like I used to however.

Not much to report, still doing what I said in my previous post. Currently a little over 5000 REs each on White 2 and Black and about 1500 REs on X.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Nov 1 - The search starts again.

I've been hatching Slugma through Gen 3 - 4 - 5... I have always tossed a Japanese Ditto in with my own Slugma.

Well thanks to Wonder Trade I actually got a Japanese Slugma. I'm tossing him in the Breeding Center with a English Slugma, going to hatch eggs all day. Hey it's my birthday, maybe fate will smile on me... plus I'm using X... need all the support I can find.

Wish me luck my beloved Hunters!

happy birthday, hope those shinies appear fast and make a shiny birthday party

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Happy birthday LDD :D

I got a shiny whiscatch yesterday. Need to get photos up of my skarmory and him. Been slacking on my photos. It is fun having chaining back tho. I enjoy chaining. Not the same as random finds though. They are just amazing. haha

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
I would like to join! So far I have a Shiny Jolteon in Y and a shiny frillish in Black 2. I am currently hunting another shiny eevee in Y to evolve into Vaporeon. I have just recently started shiny hunting, and am at 484 eggs and counting for the second shiny eevee. I hope I get it soon~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
I just started shiny hunting and I am currently masuda methoding Klefkis and and then running around pointlessly in a friend safari that is dark type and has Inkay, Sandile and Pawniard in it

Back