• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I have no interest in Pokemon anymore. I have 1081 pokemon cards I want to sell. I want to know what a good price is to sell them for.

Here are some notable cards that are in the collection.

Japanese Pocket Monsters Pichu
Kids WB Presents Pokemon The First Movie Electrabuzz
Kids WB Presents Pokemon The First Movie Mewtwo
Japanese Pocket Monsters Energy
Japanese Pocket Monstors Poliwhirl (Daimond) (Uncommon)
(2x) Kids WB Presents Pokemon The First Movie Dragonite
(2x) Original Zapdos (Star) (Rare)
Japanese Pocket Monsters Charizard
Original Mew
Japanese Pocket Monsters Trainer
(2x) Original Moltres (Star) (Rare)
Japanese Pocket Monsters Entai
Original Articuno (Star) (Rare)
Japanese Pocket Monsters Blastoise (Star) (Rare)
Japanese Pocket Monsters Jolteon (Daimond) (Uncommon)
Pokemon 4 ever Suicune
Japanese Pocket Monsters Mantine
Original Dragonite (Star) (Rare)
(2x) Original Dragonair (Star) (Rare)
Original Flareon (Star) (Rare)
Original Houndoom (Star) (Rare)
Dark Primape (Daimond) (Uncommon)
Absol EX

I was also thinking of selling these with them too.

57 Gray card sleeves
24 Clear Sleeves
1 Card Box
1 Trading Collection Book.

Thanks!

I've gone ahead and merged your thread into the appropriate thread for this type of stuff.

Darkheart, you should probably clarify if you're referring to the price for all of it together or just some individual things. Although it looks like your estimate might be on the high side for a price to sell all of these together, just skimming over what is there. $35 to $45 would be my best estimate without going through each individual one to verify that all the values add up to roughly where I think they do.

Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
I've gone ahead and merged your thread into the appropriate thread for this type of stuff.

Darkheart, you should probably clarify if you're referring to the price for all of it together or just some individual things. Although it looks like your estimate might be on the high side for a price to sell all of these together, just skimming over what is there. $35 to $45 would be my best estimate without going through each individual one to verify that all the values add up to roughly where I think they do.

I was thinking of selling all of the 1081 cards for $85. On ebay most cards around 1000 ish are 70, 80, 90...

Should I sell those rarer cards separately together?

Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
Yahooo!!!! Found that the following cards I have are holos/reverse

Japanese Pocket Monsters Charizard - Reverse Holo
Japanese Pocket Monsters Pichu - Reverse Holo
Japanese Pocket Monsters Entai - Reverse Holo
Japanese Pocket Monsters Blastoise -Holo
(2x) Entai - Reverse Holo
Hounddoom - Neo Revelation Holo
Zapdos - Holo
Zapdos - Fossil Holo
Flareon - Holo
(2x) Moltres - Holo
Hypno - Fossil Holo

The Articuno is a Fossil non holo...not sure if thats worth anything

Years
I was thinking of selling all of the 1081 cards for $85. On ebay most cards around 1000 ish are 70, 80, 90...

Should I sell those rarer cards separately together?

Oh! I was just basing my pricing on the notable cards! My mistake!

I think those lots are ridiculously overpriced, personally. :(

If I were you, I'd check the completed listings on eBay of 1000 cards each and see which ones sold and which ones didn't. It may be a while before I have a chance to look myself, since we're having very nasty conditions here in Minnesota.

EDIT: Some of your Japanese reverses sound fake. Could you upload a few pictures as attachments? I want to see if they're from sets that actually do have reverse holos or if their fakes trying to pass themselves off as the real deal. Most Japanese cards with the "Pocket Monster" do not have reverse holo versions.

Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
Oh! I was just basing my pricing on the notable cards! My mistake!

I think those lots are ridiculously overpriced, personally. :(

If I were you, I'd check the completed listings on eBay of 1000 cards each and see which ones sold and which ones didn't. It may be a while before I have a chance to look myself, since we're having very nasty conditions here in Minnesota.

EDIT: Some of your Japanese reverses sound fake. Could you upload a few pictures as attachments? I want to see if they're from sets that actually do have reverse holos or if their fakes trying to pass themselves off as the real deal. Most Japanese cards with the "Pocket Monster" do not have reverse holo versions.

Fake? :O I really hope there not fake.... :(

I will upload them later. I don't have a phone or cam with me at the moment.

I looked online for spotting fakes and it said that on the back the red part of the pokeball will be on the bottom if its fake. Mine is on the top. Thought not sure if that means anything for pocket monster...

Years
Fake? :O I really hope there not fake.... :(

I will upload them later. I don't have a phone or cam with me at the moment.

I looked online for spotting fakes and it said that on the back the red part of the pokeball will be on the bottom if its fake. Mine is on the top. Thought not sure if that means anything for pocket monster...

Thing is, that red part being in the wrong spot is but one sign that a card is fake.

Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
Thing is, that red part being in the wrong spot is but one sign that a card is fake.

I know there are multiple signs...

Erm...do all cards have the copyright at the bottom?

©1995, 96, 98 Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK. ©1999 Wizards

Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
Woohoo found more pokemon cards. Some holos and found the ancient mew promo card. :D

Also have this gold charizard thing. Its not even a card.

Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
Would any of you buy a 1100+ pokemon card lot with 53 holos and 22 reverse holos for $90? The Ancient Mew Promo card and Gold charizard thing is also included.

Is that a good price?

Years
I know there are multiple signs...

Erm...do all cards have the copyright at the bottom?

©1995, 96, 98 Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK. ©1999 Wizards

Japanese cards have a different copyright at the bottom, iirc, and newer cards lack the Wizards portion.

Woohoo found more pokemon cards. Some holos and found the ancient mew promo card. :D

Also have this gold charizard thing. Its not even a card.

Ancient Mew is between $4 and $7.

That Gold Charizard thing is a Burger King toy, iirc.

Would any of you buy a 1100+ pokemon card lot with 53 holos and 22 reverse holos for $90? The Ancient Mew Promo card and Gold charizard thing is also included.

Is that a good price?

I personally think it's a bit high, but apparently that's within the the range for the most common listings for that amount of cards that have actually sold on eBay.

Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
Japanese cards have a different copyright at the bottom, iirc, and newer cards lack the Wizards portion.

Ancient Mew is between $4 and $7.

That Gold Charizard thing is a Burger King toy, iirc.

I personally think it's a bit high, but apparently that's within the the range for the most common listings for that amount of cards that have actually sold on eBay.

I wouldn't think that burger king would have toys that have real gold on it...

Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Is this too much?

Just wondering if this is too expensive?????

i can't post links, sorry...

Ebay.....

Search

133 English and Japanese Holo and Promo Pokemon Cards $2.59 Per Card! Plus More!

Thanks for feedback

Years
Just wondering if this is too expensive?????

i can't post links, sorry...

Ebay.....

Search

133 English and Japanese Holo and Promo Pokemon Cards $2.59 Per Card! Plus More!

Thanks for feedback

With the cards you've listed in that lot, it is too expensive by at least $75 in my opinion. I'd even dare to say it's $100 too expensive.

Anyway, I've moved your post into the appropriate thread for this type of question.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
With the cards you've listed in that lot, it is too expensive by at least $75 in my opinion. I'd even dare to say it's $100 too expensive.

Anyway, I've moved your post into the appropriate thread for this type of question.

Sorry for putting that in the wrong spot.

I've lowered the price to $275 obo

Honestly, I'd take the first offer over $200

Years
Sorry for putting that in the wrong spot.

I've lowered the price to $275 obo

Honestly, I'd take the first offer over $200

A lot of what you've got just isn't worth all that much. You missed the initial wave of sales for the older cards a couple years ago. The most affluent of collectors of the older sets have quite simply either stopped collecting since they have all the sets they want, or have moved onto the newer sets. And a lot of the promos you've listed are just so abundant because they were promos in an era where tens of millions of people actively were collecting the cards.

Good luck with the offers, though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
A lot of what you've got just isn't worth all that much. You missed the initial wave of sales for the older cards a couple years ago. The most affluent of collectors of the older sets have quite simply either stopped collecting since they have all the sets they want, or have moved onto the newer sets. And a lot of the promos you've listed are just so abundant because they were promos in an era where tens of millions of people actively were collecting the cards.

Good luck with the offers, though.

Thanks.

I decided just to put it on bidding with a reserve that I may even drop. I paid like $80 altogether over time for those cards, so I'll be happy with anything above that. Even below what I paid won't get under my skin too much. 😊

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 26, 2014
Hi I have 12 ancient mew promo cards never opened and sealed, 2 Holo 1st Edition Machamps 8/102, 1st Edition Holo Prerelease Aerodactyl 1/62 and a Holo Charizard 4/102. I was just wondering what the pricing on these would be?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
Hi I have 12 ancient mew promo cards never opened and sealed, 2 Holo 1st Edition Machamps 8/102, 1st Edition Holo Prerelease Aerodactyl 1/62 and a Holo Charizard 4/102. I was just wondering what the pricing on these would be?

Thanks!

Each sealed Ancient Mew seems to be worth $4 to $6.

1st Edition Prerelease Aerodactyl seems to be between $3 and $7 because a lot of people aren't aware of its existence and because there's quite a few people that do have one since it's a prerelease card from a set released during the initial craze.

As for the Machamp cards, are they shadowed or shadowless? Shadowed looks like this:

MachampBase_SetTCG.jpg

Shadowless looks like this:

505b004aa365e_220869n.jpg

Is that Base Set Charizard shadowed or shadowless? See the Machamp pictures above for the general differences (specifically if there's a shadow to the right of the box for the picture or not). That affects the price a bit.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 26, 2014
Each sealed Ancient Mew seems to be worth $4 to $6.

As for the Machamp cards, are they shadowed or shadowless?

Is that Base Set Charizard shadowed or shadowless? See the Machamp pictures above for the general differences (specifically if there's a shadow to the right of the box for the picture or not). That affects the price a bit.

Thank you very much for your response. I just checked there and both Machamp cards and the Charizard base card are shadowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back