• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
How do I change the sprites for the people you see just before the Pokémon come out in battles? All I know is how to change overworld sprites.

You can edit those in UNLZ they're usually after the pokemon sprites...

They're the same as the pokemon sprites they have to be in 64x64 and indexed
you can edit those at paint or view them in either UNLZ or NSE 2.X...

If you want to learn how to insert sprites try going to the tutorials section... :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Hi there! For a while now, I have been searching for a GSC evolution editor. I finally found one from Poke Hack Masterz called EVOEDIT (on website, link says Evolution Editor).

I am having problems running the program, as I get compatibility errors when it attempts to execute. My OS is a 64-bit Windows 7 and I have tried running the program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service packs 2 and 3), Vista, and even 98/ME modes to no avail.

For anyone on here who uses this program, how can I make it work? Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
By turning off auto-abort, it'll just write the image wherever it started...even if it was bigger than the original. That means the data immediately after the game was overwritten, messing up things. By your post, I assume it messed up the palette, and possibly some more images. At this point, you'll need to boot up a backup, since you've already done damage. Also, check under "Options" and see if the last two options are checked.

I see. That's what I thought, but none of the other Trainer Sprites were damaged (I reckon they're all next to each other in the data). Also, at one point, it wasn't the palette but the picture that broke (only on the bottom). I don't know if I somehow I got it fixed because I managed to relocate it.

Also, yes, the two last options are checked. I've let every option on default.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
Thanks for the answers. But I still have more questions. :cer_confused:

-Regarding JPAN's patch, is there a way to patch it without removing all of the scripts?
-Regarding the FR 649 patch, when finished, would it have to be patched to a clean ROM?

-More mapping stuff; I've created several maps and set the border block to the black tile, but when I see it ingame, it's a different tile. How would I fix this?

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
Can someone assist me with inserting a pokemon battle onto a custom map. By battle i do mean like when you find mewtwo, moltres, etc etc. I have it working up to where running away or beating it or losing all make the pokemon go away but if I catch it I can battle it again. Anybody got a quick fix?

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Hey everyone, looks like I'm back with yet another question! While going through and test my rom, I noticed that whenever I step into tall grass the animation for it uses the old tall grass. Is there a way that I can edit this? If so, how?

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Is it possible to edit and make new types of Pokemon ?

i was thinking of bring back ??? type arceus to Pokemon black and giving it a proper name

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
I need some help with mapping. I changed up Veridian City a bit and everything was fine. I made it so that the connection to Route 2 was more to the right, but it was working out fine, as were the other two connections. However, when I entered the city from either the north or south entrances, some of the map tiles would mess up and change to a different tile.

(I can't link in pictures yet, but I'll attach it, so refer to that picture.

That's the northern entrance. For the southern entrance I just redrew the map tiles, and it fixed the problem. The same thing worked for the northern entrance as well, but map tiles that I drew from the secondary map tile set (tile set 7) still glitch out. Then for some reason one of the sprites gets moved to where that one is. I got rid of all the map scripts, then just added some person sprites, and it only moves the sprite over when I have 9 or more sprites.

Anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Can someone assist me with inserting a pokemon battle onto a custom map. By battle i do mean like when you find mewtwo, moltres, etc etc. I have it working up to where running away or beating it or losing all make the pokemon go away but if I catch it I can battle it again. Anybody got a quick fix?

do you have a checkflag/setflag command anywhere in your script? i believe you can put one at the end to prevent it from reappearing.

i was thinking of bring back ??? type arceus to Pokemon black and giving it a proper name

this question was answered for me a page back, i think.
iirc, you can't add completely new types without some form of ASM, unless you want to overwrite another existing type.
but i believe the ???-type still exists in BW (at least through the move Curse), so maybe there's an editor tool that will let you "bring out" the type for using.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Thanks for the answers. But I still have more questions. :cer_confused:

-Regarding JPAN's patch, is there a way to patch it without removing all of the scripts?
-Regarding the FR 649 patch, when finished, would it have to be patched to a clean ROM?

-More mapping stuff; I've created several maps and set the border block to the black tile, but when I see it ingame, it's a different tile. How would I fix this?
JPANs patch also includes a special tool that adds the ASM into a ROM hack that's already been extensively modified. The FR 649 Patch will probably have to be patched to a clean ROM, unless they make a similar tool. Most black tiles, especially in the outdoor tileset, aren't actually black, but transparent. You need to make a palette have a completely black color that isn't in the first slot to make black border blocks. Indoor Palette 5 is what Indoor maps use to make black border blocks.

Hey everyone, looks like I'm back with yet another question! While going through and test my rom, I noticed that whenever I step into tall grass the animation for it uses the old tall grass. Is there a way that I can edit this? If so, how?
Open up NSE Classic, go to Tools>Bookmarks, and one of the bookmarks contains all in-game grass animations. NSE Classic also has Ruby's, while NSE 2.X doesn't, so if you're hacking Firered, NSE 2.X can be used instead. The frames are somewhat out of whack, and mixed with others, so just use your intuition on which order the go in.

The ??? Type no longer exists, as of BW. It isn't even programmed anywhere. Curse is now a Ghost-type move. To add the ??? Type to your game, you'll need extensive ASM.

I need some help with mapping. I changed up Veridian City a bit and everything was fine. I made it so that the connection to Route 2 was more to the right, but it was working out fine, as were the other two connections. However, when I entered the city from either the north or south entrances, some of the map tiles would mess up and change to a different tile.

(I can't link in pictures yet, but I'll attach it, so refer to that picture.

That's the northern entrance. For the southern entrance I just redrew the map tiles, and it fixed the problem. The same thing worked for the northern entrance as well, but map tiles that I drew from the secondary map tile set (tile set 7) still glitch out. Then for some reason one of the sprites gets moved to where that one is. I got rid of all the map scripts, then just added some person sprites, and it only moves the sprite over when I have 9 or more sprites.

Anyone have any ideas what's wrong?
Only two tilesets can appear on the screen at a given time. The only way to remedy this problem is to use gatehouses, and remove connections between then, or places tiles that appear only in Tileset 2 either six spaces away from the top or bottom of a map, or eight spaces away from the left or right of a map (This is because the GBA's screen is wider than it is tall). If you absolutely have to have those tiles there, give both maps the same tileset 2, and transfer tiles from the original tileset 2.

Years
i was going through the threads when i saw Jambo's 649 patch where he added the new abilities and i thought it would be fun to figure out how they worked so i could make my own.

Thing is, i want to know how abilities actually work in game. Like if u had a pokemon with lightning rod, do all electric moves make a check to see if a pokemon has the ability then target that pokemon? also i'm assuming that some, if not all, abilities call routines that are compiled in the ROM as well, where are these routines located and when are they called in battle? also, how are the abilities that are used outside of battle (like illuminate) work?

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
I don't know about the Champion Vs. screen, but the elite four vs screens are controlled under the "header" tab. Changing the "Fight Type" to one of the four Elite Four settings will make the battle have a Vs Screen, I believe. But I think it only works in certain circumstances, i.e the battler you're currently battling with is an Elite Four member, with an Elite Four sprite, and possibly only one of the original "Elite Four" trainer numbers. I have some ASM in my game, however, that lets you call the Vs Screen animation at will in any trainer battle, although I don't have the ASM on hand, and I can't find the tutorial either...I think it was either erased, or put somewhere else, or I just missed it in my pass through of the tutorial section.

You said you have ASM in your game, then can you find the ASM code from your game? You say you can call the Vs Screen animation at will in any trainer battle mean all trainer have a own VS Screen ( Example like before battle with Brock have a big Brock face at VS Screen animation )? Or can call E4/Champion VS Screen to any trainer?

PS: Can you give me your hacked rom? if you have uploaded. I wan to try it :). I guess it will nice to play.

I have many question hope have someone can reply me.

1) Have any webpage have Pokemon anime song/music at midi format?

2) I seen a tutorial( link:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=170502) It insert 80x80 pixel DP sprite to rom. I tried before but when I test at game it looks like a crashed things. But the tutorial dosen't. How do I insert 80x80 pixel Pokemon/Trainer sprite correctly?

3) After I beat the a trainer, then I make a script to rebattle with him. But I try in game I talk to him it nothing happen. How to make a same trainer battle can battle many time(Like E4)?

4) When I use PokecryGUI to import cry at Fire Red Rom, I use F3,F4,F5(The Raikou,Entei,Suicune Poke ID) to import a wave sound, then I test in game It no problem. After that I try to battle with Venesaur, Charizard, Blatoise, Pigeot. They cry sound is same the cry I imported early. How do I fix it?

5) I use Advance map, I create a person in my game, when I test in game goto near the person,
attachment.php

Then I open my bag,
attachment.php

After that I close my bag,
attachment.php

I became the npc that I created, but pallet is same with the npc, why? When I after battle also have a same problem. I don't want to be the npc, How do I fix this problem?

PS: Sorry for my bad english :(.

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
The FR 649 Patch will probably have to be patched to a clean ROM, unless they make a similar tool.

They? THEY!? You are right though, the 649 patch will need to be installed on a clean ROM. It's far too interlinked to be able to split it up now.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
Only two tilesets can appear on the screen at a given time. The only way to remedy this problem is to use gatehouses, and remove connections between then, or places tiles that appear only in Tileset 2 either six spaces away from the top or bottom of a map, or eight spaces away from the left or right of a map (This is because the GBA's screen is wider than it is tall). If you absolutely have to have those tiles there, give both maps the same tileset 2, and transfer tiles from the original tileset 2.

Alright cool, thanks. I switched over the tileset and that worked out great, but the sprite still moves. It moves the 7th sprite on the map, and I can't figure out how to stop it.

redriders180

Years
You said you have ASM in your game, then can you find the ASM code from your game? You say you can call the Vs Screen animation at will in any trainer battle mean all trainer have a own VS Screen ( Example like before battle with Brock have a big Brock face at VS Screen animation )? Or can call E4/Champion VS Screen to any trainer?

PS: Can you give me your hacked rom? if you have uploaded. I wan to try it :). I guess it will nice to play.

I have many question hope have someone can reply me.

1) Have any webpage have Pokemon anime song/music at midi format?

2) I seen a tutorial( link:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=170502) It insert 80x80 pixel DP sprite to rom. I tried before but when I test at game it looks like a crashed things. But the tutorial dosen't. How do I insert 80x80 pixel Pokemon/Trainer sprite correctly?

3) After I beat the a trainer, then I make a script to rebattle with him. But I try in game I talk to him it nothing happen. How to make a same trainer battle can battle many time(Like E4)?

4) When I use PokecryGUI to import cry at Fire Red Rom, I use F3,F4,F5(The Raikou,Entei,Suicune Poke ID) to import a wave sound, then I test in game It no problem. After that I try to battle with Venesaur, Charizard, Blatoise, Pigeot. They cry sound is same the cry I imported early. How do I fix it?

5) I use Advance map, I create a person in my game, when I test in game goto near the person,
attachment.php

Then I open my bag,
attachment.php

After that I close my bag,
attachment.php

I became the npc that I created, but pallet is same with the npc, why? When I after battle also have a same problem. I don't want to be the npc, How do I fix this problem?

PS: Sorry for my bad english :(.
0. No, I can't find the ASM at all, it's hidden somewhere in the massive quantities of bytes in my hack, and I don't know how to find it. And my hack isn't released yet v.v
1. I'm sure there are. I found a midi file of the Pokemon theme song, but it was so long ago, I don't have the site. Just try googling around for what you want.
2. Technically speaking, that tutorial doesn't teach you how to insert 80x80 sprites...it teaches you how to resize an 80x80 sprite into a 64x64 sprite, and then insert it. Putting in ANYTHING that's 80x80 won't work, because sprites are 64x64 MAX. Just resize the 80x80 ones, and use Wichu's Sprite Editor
3. When a battle is completed, a flag is set, saying that trainer has been battled. From that point on, if that flag is set, scripts will skip over any trainerbattle command and go straight to what's after. If you want to clear that flag, use "settrainerflag 0xtrainer_number". XSE has it backwards...settrainerflag clears the flag, while cleartrainerflag sets the flag.
4. Can't help you there, I've never worked with cries.
5. I believe someone else has already answered that ;)

They? THEY!? You are right though, the 649 patch will need to be installed on a clean ROM. It's far too interlinked to be able to split it up now.
My apologies, Jambo >_< I thought it was a group effort :(

Alright cool, thanks. I switched over the tileset and that worked out great, but the sprite still moves. It moves the 7th sprite on the map, and I can't figure out how to stop it.

Check any level scripts, to see if the movesprite2 command is in any of them. That's usually what's responsible for permanently moving OWs to different places in-game

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Alright I've got a weird problem. I'm editing the intro animation in Emerald with May/Brendon on their bike, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. After Groudon and Kyogre appear their cry is played. I searched for Groudon's cry in a hex editor (95010000) and found it at (16E0C4) then changed it without a problem. But, I can't seem to find where Kyogre's cry is, I tried searching for 94010000 and others but I can't seem to find it. Can anybody help me out?

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
Check any level scripts, to see if the movesprite2 command is in any of them. That's usually what's responsible for permanently moving OWs to different places in-game

I've already tried deleting all level scripts and everything, but it still moves the sprite. I don't think that that's the problem anyways because even if I change the person event number, it still moves the sprite. It also only moves the sprite when I enter the map through the north connection. If I enter through a warp, the sprite doesn't get moved there.

Oh, and when I move off the screen and back onto the screen, the sprite goes back to its normal location.

redriders180

Years
I've already tried deleting all level scripts and everything, but it still moves the sprite. I don't think that that's the problem anyways because even if I change the person event number, it still moves the sprite. It also only moves the sprite when I enter the map through the north connection. If I enter through a warp, the sprite doesn't get moved there.

Oh, and when I move off the screen and back onto the screen, the sprite goes back to its normal location.

What map and bank is it? I'd like to take a closer look at what might be causing the problem.

Whenever I use advance map to change wild pokemon only 1 or 2 pokemon appear at the same lvl. Why?

It's possible that A-Map didn't save all the wild Pokemon data. Which version are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back