• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon CRYSTAL KAIZO: The Official Sequel to Blue Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Definately Kaizo

Votes: 173 57.5%
  • Fairly challenging

Votes: 48 15.9%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 38 12.6%
  • Should've put level 200+ enemies

Votes: 59 19.6%
  • Unfair

Votes: 33 11.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
My Blastoise keeps trying to learn Seismic Toss. Is that supposed to happen?

Yeah, its supposed to happen, mostly due to editing movepools of all 251 pokemon, making sure all of them have the best movesets they can possibly have. (Due to custom movesets taking up bytes in the room, changing some gym leaders to have held items means I have to removes custom moveset styles, the gym leaders have to get great movesets somehow, and regular trainers and wild pokemon get great movesets as a result.)

And, two new videos are in the spoilers (mostly to save space), that and
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 15, 2019
Hi, I'm wondering if there's a link to a download of this hack for mobile emulators? I've downloaded the file to my phone but I guess it isn't compatible with the mobile emulators.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
Hi. I have been trying to evolve my traded Onix (Rocky) and he's at lv 60 already? How long does it take it to evolve into Steelix?

pokemonmastertriplex

the ultamite pokemon master
Years
This game is way too hard for me, i stopped playing before getting the first badge. My Pokemon are fainting way too much, i never feel ready for the 1st gym no matter how much i train. I feel like i have to have to have Lv 20+ Pokemon just to beat the first gym.

I think this is the hardest Pokemon hack i've ever played.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
Nice romhack, didn't find any bugs and I like that. However, this really bothers me:
I have a level 91 Alakazam and he only learned three moves: CONFUSION, PSYBEAM and RECOVER.
No PSYCHIC, really?
Also, level 81 Venasaur and didn't learn SOLARBEAM.
?????

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
I think I will not play this.

Difficulty is a thing, but forcing players to grind all-day long... I just won't do that. Official releases already are a pain with grinding since the beginning, with wild Pokemon giving WAY LESS exp than trained ones...

I've seen there are many levels to get between each Champion... And having lv. 100+ mons in E4 is for me ridiculously hardcore.

Any ways, I keep some respect for the concept and I'm pretty sure it is appreciated by harcore gamers.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
I think I will not play this.

Difficulty is a thing, but forcing players to grind all-day long... I just won't do that. Official releases already are a pain with grinding since the beginning, with wild Pokemon giving WAY LESS exp than trained ones...

I've seen there are many levels to get between each Champion... And having lv. 100+ mons in E4 is for me ridiculously hardcore.

Any ways, I keep some respect for the concept and I'm pretty sure it is appreciated by harcore gamers.

"On paper vs. in Practice" is in full effect here.
It might appear like a massive grind fest compared to official releases, however, as an individual who has play tested this several times, a major difference is that the official releases (at least before gen 6) never give out consistently high leveled and fully evolved pokemon to level up on in the middle to late game), and they never gave you lucky eggs at a certain point. Oh, and numerous trainers could be skipped. And you don't get much variety early on either.

One key tip to completely avoid most grinding is to catch different pokemon that may out level you, it helps a bit, and another good tip is to explore a wide variety of areas.

For example, whirl island. Many players overlook whirl islands as a place to catch wild pokemon (apart from lugia), which in this game has level 70+s, and after beating radio tower (though make sure to get past ice path first, because radio tower is higher leveled), you can buy lucky eggs, and a pond of magikarp serves as exp gains since they have been modded to give "blissey fodder levels of exp", and everyone overlooks and takes for granted ingame pokemon badge boosts, so elite 4 and post game enemies can be handled very well.

In the official games, they usually have massive level gaps with the pokemon to grind on and the enemies to fight. Not so much in this hack, which is actually the exception among many difficulty mods. (Level 7 wild pokemon in many other late games of mods, and level 30s 1st stage wild mons vs lv 57 fully evolved champion mons common in official games)

By comparison, kaizo's post gamethe lowest leveled wild mon is 99 in grass and cave, and 97 in sea, and the curve overall is steady, just make sure to fight everyone, and you'll do fine.

The major difference is dealing with strategies, just make sure to have healing items.
and try your hardest to avoid losing money in losing battles. (A fair number of people rarely saves.) I progressed mostly without spending time grinding on wild Pokemon, so that I can get through play testing as quickly as possible. Skill level is fairly important in this game, as well as decision making, and that will be achieved way before facing the elite 4 and post game.

Gotta stop typing for a moment because phone typing is a pain.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
Thank you for this large explanation, even more if you wrote this from a phone.

I'm happy that you thought about grinding, and that Magikarp concept seems neat.

Maybe I'll try when I'm done with my current challenge :)

BTW (I don't know if this is spoilers or what) : Is the lv. 100 limitation still there is this game? I think no, it would be surprising.

Years
  • Age 64
  • Seen Mar 18, 2015
Hi, I played through Blue Kaizo twice and watched multiple LPs of the hack and can't wait to give Crystal Kaizo a go too.
Thank you for making this, SinisterHoodedFigure.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
After discovering a japanese hack that restricts the use of revives during battles, I attempted to do the same to Crystal Kaizo. It works, revives, max revives, and revival herbs are disabled during battles.

Now, during a trainer battle, this displays that you won't be able to use revives during battle, making important battles, like gym leaders, have actual consequences when you losing your pokemon, making the game more difficult, and truly "Kaizo".

Unlike nuzlockes, you can still use revives outside of battle, but only outside of it, so don't forget to heal and save. Slightly worried about the post game battles, which gets really difficult, so this update may be a brief on, depending on responses.

Below is the revive being used outside of battle.

As an added bonus, if you play this update, you will have access to a PC at the end of the Goldenrod Underground path.

https://www.mediafire.com/?q3o601bvp0vmq2t

Please leave some feedback, and tell me what you think. Keep in mind that idea that inspired this came from Touhoumon Lunatic, where revives have been disabled during battle, so please let me know.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Doesn't giving each boss a shiny Pokémon reduces the difficulty a bit? In GSC the best shinies were quite a bit below the max potential of each Pokémon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Doesn't giving each boss a shiny Pokémon reduces the difficulty a bit? In GSC the best shinies were quite a bit below the max potential of each Pokémon.

Tbh, the shiny dvs used are still actually higher than the original (apart from champions, but don't worry about that) And there are some shiny dvs that lead to a certain hidden power coverage (which is essential for certain bosses). I find coverage more important than max stats in bosses. And due to the games programming, you really can't put perfect dvs anyway; the bytes will cancel instead.

Does the shiny dvs reduce the difficulty? Only superficially and microscopically. There is monumentally more to this particular game's difficulty than simply max dvs, that you won't find in most difficulty mods.

And the shinies do make bosses stick out from every trainer apart from the poke maniacs (the only trainers in the game that acknowledges shinies and loves rare Pokemon, but they are much weaker than gym leaders)

Trust me, shiny dvs don't really make Crystal Kaizo any easier. Try it out, and you will see.

Back