• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon PC Version

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
PKMNLogo.png
-Developed with Pokemon Essentials for RMXP-​

Introduction:
One day I was developing a few RPG Maker games when it suddenly occurred to me that I wanted to make a Pokemon fangame. Typically, I'm not big on doing this, but I believe that I can do it the right way, so I went ahead.

So what is this drivel that currently doesn't have an official title? Well, I wanted to create a pokemon fangame that, in spirit, was reminiscent of the old Gold, Silver, and Crystal versions of the game, but at the same time, I wanted to make something fresh, so this game spawned into being.

To accomplish this, I am of course adding a new region with new fan-made pokemon, but I'm also attempting to explore some new concepts that the official games don't really offer. For example: I am hoping to add a better post-game experience as oppose to the easy "I beat the Elite Four and now I just roam around doing whatever!" type of nonsense. Anyway, lets get started on talking about the game, shall we?

Story:
Early noon, you wake up from a pleasant dream to find that you are not at your usual home. What used to be the lofty carpet of your bedroom floor are now wooden planks, and as you look out your window, you see nothing but a vast sea. You remember everything, now; you are on a boat to move to the new Lantis Region!

lantismap-1.png

What is the Lantis Region? It was a massive project, which after 30 years of development was completed and opened to the public. It is the first man-made continent in the world, with an ecosystem controlled through computer systems. After the founder of the project, Chief Executive Tom Morrow, opened the region, people from all over the world have swarmed to the beautiful, synthetic utopia to live out their dreams. These people not only brought their cultures with them, however, but also their Pokémon.

Different species of Pokémon spread across the region and started to adapt to its various environments, including some that most people have never seen before. Within a few days, the developers of the region opened the Pokémon Trainer's Challenge for Lantis, where aspiring Pokémon Trainers can capture and coach the vast species of Pokémon that thrive in the land. There was also the opening of a brand new university, called the Lantis Academy, which focuses on the development of Pokémon Trainers and their future.

You have recently enrolled in this academy, so you are moving to this region with the hopes that you will become a great Pokemon Trainer. With the academy's unique method of teaching which allows you to take the Trainer's Challenge, you are eager to await your arrival to the brand new Lantis Region.​

In Regards to the Hacker Corporation:
The Hacker Corporation, also known as the "Hacker Corp" or "Hackers", is a mysterious criminal organization that lurks about the Lantis Region. There have only been few reports of their existence, but it is rumored that they have the ability to tap into the complex networks that keep the artificial region running. This alone gives them the terrifying power of causing harm to both people and pokemon within the continent, from causing black-outs to creating malfunctions in machinery. Their goals remain unknown, but some have speculated that they want to replace and destroy Pokemon.

Characters:
PLAYER CHARACTERS:
chase_presentation.png

Chase(Male Player):
-Chase is the twin brother of Amber, who wants to study in the Lantis Academy in effort to become a Pokemon Trainer. He has a humble, docile personality, but is somewhat unassertive and is often outspoken by his sister.

amber_presentation.png

Amber(Female Player):
-Amber is the twin sister of Chase. Unlike her brother, Amber is hot-blooded and aggressive, and she never lets anyone push her around. While she is brash, she is also ambitious, and wants to become the best Pokemon Trainer she can possibly be.

OTHER MAIN CHARACTERS:
Headmaster Janice Tulip:
-Tulip is the headmaster of the Lantis Academy. While she bears a gentle appearance, she was once a vigorous trainer who eventually gave up her life of battling to teach newcomers about the essentials of Pokemon. From time to time, she will host special class sessions to teach an aspect of Pokemon training to her students.

Dr. Johnathan Gates:
-Dr. Gates was one of the leading programmers for a number of the systems that makes the Lantis region work. He is also the creator of the Pokemon Storage System of Lantis, and while he doesn't get a lot of sleep, he has a strong commitment to helping people enjoy the new region. In his early years, he was one of the developers who created Porygon, and continues to perfect the artificial pokemon in his spare time.

Ron:
-No one knows much about Ron, but he himself is attending the Lantis Academy to become a Pokemon Trainer. He serves as a friendly rival to Chase and Amber, challenging them to pokemon battles from time to time, but all in good fun. He remains a mystery to his classmates.

STAFF OF THE HACKER CORP:
Hacker Elite Jason:
-Jason may come off as aloof and perpetually confused, mainly due to his punk-like mannerisms and frail appearance, but he is very cunning and knowledgeable about computer programming. He works with the Hackers because he "couldn't find a better job" with his knowledge and feels like "Arceus incarnated" when he causes trouble. He is notable for creating the Terorbyt series of artificial pokemon, simply by copying bits of Porygon's data.

Hacker Elite Beth:
-Unlike her associates, Beth completely hates Pokemon, considering them as good as carbon waste when compared to the industrial powers of man. She is a former software engineer with a particular knack for building machinery. Nothing gets on her nerves more than someone who interferes with her objectives.

Dr. Samuel Jobs:
- Jobs is the true leader of the Hacker Corporation. His motivations seem to be driven by spite of the development team of the Lantis Region and a desire to revolutionize the market for war weapons. While a brilliant intellectual, he is ill-tempered and stubborn, fighting too hard to gain what he wants regardless if people agree with him or not. Too add to his poor reputation, he expresses a dislike towards "organic" pokemon due to the fact that he needs to gain their trust in order to control them. He was a former college of Gates.

Starter Pokemon and Full Roster of New Pokemon:

THE GRASS STARTER
494.png

TADOLEDON
Seed Pokemon
Type - Grass
Base Stats- 40 HP / 70 Atk / 68 Def / 60 Spe / 55 SpAtk / 35 SpDef
Tadoledon is the kind of pokemon who focuses more on physical offense than defense, which is an unusual trait for most grass types. Once it gets it's newborn legs working, you'll find that this pokemon can be much more brutal than it appears!
THE FIRE STARTER
497.png

KITTOAL
Lion Cub Pokemon
Type - Normal / Fire
Base Stats - 39 HP / 60 Atk / 30 Def / 66 Spe / 60 SpAtk / 32 SpDef
Balanced in both it's physical and special attack, in addition to having a unique type combination, Kittoal is an offensive powerhouse. Watch out for it's somewhat weak defenses, however.
THE WATER STARTER
500.png

BALPHIN
Baby Dolphin Pokemon
Type - Water
Base Stats - 98 HP / 50 Atk / 40 Def / 39 Spe / 60 SpAtk / 80 SpDef
What Balphin lacks in its power is made up by its durability. Having the highest HP among the three Lantis starters, this little sea mammal isn't easy to take down. Also, who can resist that adorable smile on its face?​

There are 76 other unique species that thrive in the Lantis region, in addition to ones you might be familiar with. Can you catch 'em all?

Gym Leader Roster:
The Lantis region hosts its Trainer's Challenge differently from other regions. Instead of focusing on a particular elemental type, Gym Leaders of this region focus on a pokemon's highest stat point (Hp,Attack,Defense,etc.). This allows leaders to utilize a broad range of pokemon, providing a new, challenging experience for trainers.

SPEED LEADER:
Joey

-In spite of his age, Joey is a skilled pokemon trainer. While he had rough beginnings in his early years, his trust in his pokemon and fast, offensive style eventually granted him Gym Leader status. He enjoys to brag about his Raticate, which he believes is the "top percentage of Raticate", and outside of his role, he is the leader of a gang of young children called the Shorts Youngsters.

Star Pokemon - Raticate

DEFENSE LEADER:
Martha:

-For a tough, accomplished Gym Leader, Martha is very reserved and quiet. She doesn't have many friends, but not because she's antisocial, but she's just a bit shy around people. While she may not seem like it at first, Martha is calculating and intelligent. Her battle style consist of using slow, strategic moves to outsmart her opponents.

Star Pokemon - Boundoom

ATTACK LEADER:
Sgt. Skuff

Sergent Adam Skuff is a crazed war veteran with a knack for brute force. He has served roughly 16 years in his country's military, and has a no-nonsense attitude. He treats his pokemon battles the same way as his fights on the front lines.

Star Pokemon - Tauros

HEALTH LEADER:
Leanne

Leanne has been nicknamed by her community as "The Mad Woman of Lantis." She has a quirky, bouncy personality and is prone to hyperactivity and sudden mood changes. While these personality traits often come off as weird to new people, most people respect her for her cheery, amusing personality. In battle, she loves to mess with her opponents by making flirtatious remarks and teasing them, both towards opposite and same sexes.

Star Pokemon - Wobbuffet

SPECIAL ATTACK LEADER:
Robinson

A victim of a brutal attack in his hometown, Gym Leader Samuel Robinson remains a cripple in his wheelchair. Being a strong, high-spirited individual, however, Robinson does not let his injuries get in the way of his training. He focuses on the mental capabilities of his pokemon, as he himself can no longer utilize his physical strength.

Star Pokemon - Anqueen

SPECIAL DEFENSE LEADER:
Havi

Looking at Havi, it is difficult to take him seriously as a trainer. He is physically out-of-shape and is often aloof. However, Havi is smarter than he looks. He is optimistic, confident, and scheming during battle, plus his pokemon tend to be so durable that only a few trainers have ever beaten him. He obnoxiously likes to give pointless "quizzes" to his challengers to fill his ego.

Star Pokemon: Blastoise

MULTITYPE LEADER:
Miss Tourmaline

Agatha Tourmaline is a French actress and trainer who recently moved in to the Lantis Region. She takes her love of drama and performance onto the battlefield, even going as far as to stage her battles in front of a live audience. She often comes off as egocentric and overconfident, but she knows how to properly handle a lost battle when she has one.

Star Pokemon - Chantina

Screenshots:
Pic_2.png
pokeGB_snapshot18.png

pokeGB_snapshot39.png
pokeGB_snapshot38.png

pokeGB_snapshot6.png
pokeGB_snapshot19.png

pokeGB_snapshot9.png
bugreport1.png

pokeGB_snapshot13.png
pokeGB_snapshot24.png
pokeGB_snapshot27.png

Things to expect:
-This game is designed to be relatively harder than the mainstream pokemon games. Do not be surprised to see trainers use evolved Pokemon at an early level stage, or use coverage moves. The best advice to give you is to play smart.

-As mentioned earlier, Gym Leaders use Pokemon that have similarities in terms of stats (hp, speed, attack, etc.) as oppose to elemental typing. This is to let leaders use a variety of Pokemon in their teams, and to encourage the player to build a balanced team.

-Due to difficulties with the engine itself, the only form of Pokemon trading in this game will be between NPCs. Pokemon that evolve by trading will evolve with an item called the Circuit Stone. Pokemon with evolution methods that are difficult for Essentials to handle will also be given their own methods.

-The overall tone in this game is to be somewhat of a balance from humorous to dark. There will be some content that may be a little mature, including people and pokemon dying. The criminal group is also intended to be notably more violent than other groups portrayed in the games, commiting acts such as gassing people, using guns, and killing Pokemon. However, this is still intended to be a game aimed at a young audience. Think of the "Pokemon Adventures" manga in terms of the amount of violence.

Features:
Current Features:
-New Region with New Pokemon (herp derp)
-New Moves, as well as changes to existing moves to correlate with Gen 5 a little. (i.e. Hi-Jump Kick's base power increase and lower PP)
-A few new abilities. This includes Snow Slider, a Swift Swim equivalent that raises the pokemon's speed under hailstorm, and Stiff Body, which halves the damage received by physical moves.

Planned Features:
-The Cyber Jacking Device: this will be a key item that will allow you to control a "virtual image" of yourself through cyberspace by jacking into connection ports. Think of Megaman Battle Network, but with pokemon. It would allow the player more options for exploration and ability to find pokemon that would typically not appear in any other method. It will also play a role with the storyline of the game.

-Post-Game Trainer Classes: To beef up the post-game segment of pokemon a little bit, I am considering on giving the player the option to join special "Trainer Classes" depending on their actions within the main game. The player then will be assigned continuous quests/objectives to complete depending on the class they choose. Here is a list of what I have in mind:
Pro Battler: Specifically focus on raising pokemon for a competitive environment. Quests mainly include winning certain battle matches or winning with a specific team.

Breeder: Breeders focus on keeping pokemon in good condition and offer nursing services to other trainers. They have acess to items that cut the rate at which eggs hatch, and quests may be to deliver certain baby pokemon to people.

Explorer: Not so much concerned with Pokemon themselves, but on exploring the environment and documenting new discoveries. I need to develop this one a bit further.

Downloads:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mkaxeqfbk50a5gg
Demo v1.0

Credits:
Darkdoom3000 - Some of his Devamps
Poccil - The original creator of Pokemon Essentials
Maruno - For Scripting help
yukinodsyouid - Music
PokettoMonsutta - Some trainer sprites
X-M-O - Title Design

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Here's a catchy title. Call it,'Pokemon Rebirth.' That would be a nice title for what your trying to do as it's remaking the game GB style from what I can tell from your title, you have right now.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
This looks pretty great, Ratty. Your maps are a tad bit empty, but that's about all the criticism I have as of right now. Definitely looking forward for more.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
pokeGB_snapshot6.png

Reworked the town screenshot a little bit. I think it looks a bit more cleaner.

Also removed the giant trees from route 1:
pokeGB_snapshot5.png

In addition...
pokeGB_snapshot8.png

The battle interface is still a work in progress. I need to figure out how I can change the fonts in this kit.

I also have unearthed an old pokedex design and remodeled it:
pokeGB_snapshot9.png

Konekodemon said:
Here's a catchy title. Call it,'Pokemon Rebirth.' That would be a nice title for what your trying to do as it's remaking the game GB style from what I can tell from your title, you have right now.
Thanks for your suggestions, but I'm going to pass on a title like that. For a start, it's not a remake of a specific game, the graphics are simply a choice of style, not to mention I see enough projects that have "Rebirth" in their titles. It's a tad bit redundant.

I'm thinking of calling this "Pokemon PC"... Just because it's a pokemon game playable on a PC system, I dunno :P

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
I'm really liking the look of the basis you've got here. Noticed that by some of the names, we've got similar thoughts going as to fakemon, heh. Tadpole/Toad/Frog ones and the Komodo being similar. I like it. :)

Only thing I have to say is that Kittoal is extremely similar to Kittorch from Imperial Sky, but it's not the same. Just wanted to mention that in case anyone gets confused by the name. Kittoal's typing (Normal/Fire) doesn't really fit conventional starters, but that's not really a massive problem either.

I wish you luck.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
I like the maps the Fakemons are cool, but the grass starter looks like Keita Denju type but i think it just me, Mapping maybe needs a bit work, This looks like its going to be a great game, looking forward for this :D.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
I'm really liking the look of the basis you've got here. Noticed that by some of the names, we've got similar thoughts going as to fakemon, heh. Tadpole/Toad/Frog ones and the Komodo being similar. I like it. :)

Only thing I have to say is that Kittoal is extremely similar to Kittorch from Imperial Sky, but it's not the same. Just wanted to mention that in case anyone gets confused by the name. Kittoal's typing (Normal/Fire) doesn't really fit conventional starters, but that's not really a massive problem either.

I wish you luck.
Thanks. The thing is that I developed Kittoal before I knew Imperial Sky existed, and once I found out I was pretty irked. I don't really have plans for changing any of the concepts I have at the moment, however, so at least Kittoal has a different type combination. :P My excuse is that Bulbasaur did it first (it was Grass/Poison, and remains the only starter that has dual typing at its base stage).

I haven't seen another fakemon based off a komodo dragon, but Komodon is a dual-type Dragon/Poison type and is meant to be the final evolved form of Dragunk... If that makes a difference. It, as well as a majority of the Fakemon on the list, only exists as PBS data at the moment, and still needs to be designed.

I like the maps the Fakemons are cool, but the grass starter looks like Keita Denju type but i think it just me, Mapping maybe needs a bit work, This looks like its going to be a great game, looking forward for this :D.
Thank you,
I was most referring to Chikorita and Bulbasaur for the design of Tadoledon, but what exactly makes it look more Keita Denju style to you?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Screenies of my progress on Gameboy-ifying Essentials:
pokeGB_snapshot10.png

pokeGB_snapshot11.png

I was a bit too lazy to really customize the look of the status screen, but I'm making nice progress with the battle scene... I think.

Also, here is a first pass of the Lantis Region Map:
lantismap_small.png

I wanted to make something that looked partly natural and partly "constructed", being that it's supposed to be a man-made region built using the foundation of underwater rocks. Critique is always welcome.

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
I created one with a dolphin idea but mine is called Dolphein and is more Dolphin-like (you know larger)

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Some updates. I've reworked the front page a little, revealing the region and replacing old screenshots.

I've also decided on a title: Pokemon PC. I'm kind of iffy about it but I think it's fitting for a Pokemon game you play on your computer.

Here are some screens showcasing some new Fakemon :D

pokeGB_snapshot12.png

I figured Fury attack is fitting for a Woodpecker pokemon
pokeGB_snapshot13.png

The pokemon trademark
pokeGB_snapshot14.png

Battling Magguk

And here are the specs for each:
503.png

PECCILO
Woodpecker Pokemon
Dex Entry - "Their specialized beaks allow them to pierce through tree bark, which is used to uncover the nests of tasty insects."
Type1:NORMAL
Type2:FLYING
Ability: Early Bird or Run Away
Base Stats: 40 HP/68 Atk/35 Def/85 Spe/10 SpAtk/35 SpDef
EV Yield: 1 Speed
Compatibility: Flying Group
Evolutions: PECKALOT starting at level 20

508.png

MAGGUK
Worm Pokemon
Dex Entry - "It eats at a rate comparable to CATERPIE. They are capable of surviving in even the most hazardous areas."
Type1:BUG
Ability: Limber
Base Stats: 75 HP/45 Atk/65 Def/25 Spe/70 SpAtk/65 SpDef
EV Yield: 1 Hp
Compatibility: Bug Group
Evolutions: PUTRIFLY at level 13

510.png

ANTROOPER
Worker Pokemon
Dex Entry - "When it finds food, it secretes a trail of strong-smelling fluid from its end to attract more ANTROOPER to the area."
Type1:BUG
Ability: Compound Eyes or Pickup
Base Stats: 50 HP/80 Atk/78 Def/75 Spe/20 SpAtk/55 SpDef
EV Yield: 1 Atk
Compatibility: Bug and Field Groups
Evolutions: Antrooper has two branch evolutions depending on it's gender-
If male, it will evolve into ANTMANDO at level 10
If female, it will evolve into ANQUEEN at level 25

There is more to come. As of right now I still need to make backsprites for these darn fakemon. :P

PS: In case you ask. "Burger" the Farfetch'd is from an in-game trade that is possible early on in the actual game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
pokeGB_snapshot15.png

W.I.P. Of the bag screen. I'd like to do something about the description text at the bottom to center it better and not stretch out of the boundry. Any help is appreciated.

Aside from that, I've been assigning TMs/HMs to the fakemon and fixing some issues with the gameplay as it is now.

I've also updated the credits and the features of this game. Here are a few of the in-depth features I can confirm:

• TMs are usable at any time and don't run out. In correlation with Gen 5
  • Pokemon WILL faint from poison damage on the map, similar to Gen 1 and 2 (Pack those antidotes, boy. :P)
  • The amount of items you can store in a bag has been increased from 99 (the default) to 999. The maximum amount of money has also been increased to 9999999.
  • Removed the Mail slot in the bags
  • Fishing is set to autohook, which is reminicent of the Gameboy titles (I couldn't understand why this was changed)
  • There are no shiny pokemon (At least for the time being).
  • Snow Warning has been implemented, so Snover can finally do some good.

In addition, there is a minor item-based changes that sets this game apart from the main series:
  • The Light Ball item is usable by every single one of Pikachu's line. So even Pichu and Raichu will gain the stat boosts. It also raises the attack stat in addition to special attack.

I am planning to release a demo in the near future, and (hopefully) I will be able to display more content from the game. This is what is planned:
  • The first two routes, in addition to the first three towns and cave/forest sectors will be playable.
  • The fakemon that appear in those respective routes will have their battle sprites done and they will be ready to evolve.
  • You will be able to challenge the first Gym Leader.

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
Years
this looks amazing! i love any game that has Fakemon in it. and to top it off its a gb-style game. i want it now :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Here's a progress update. I've added a token forest area in this game called the Gamma Forest.

pokeGB_snapshot16.png

Here, you will navigate through a winding nature maze...
pokeGB_snapshot19.png

You shall meet fierce (mainly bug) Pokemon that are capable of eating your very soul...
pokeGB_snapshot18.png

And you shall encounter cultists who crawl about the woods with an eye for non-bug pokemon lover's flesh!

So other than this, I've been working on some graphical stuff, including the designs of the main characters, gym leaders, fakemon, and whatnot. It's a bit hard to churn out when I'm bombarded with college work on a weekly basis.

More to come soon... Hopefully.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I like your fakemon and the fact you put it in gen 2 style (there are too few of us, aren't there?) Good luck with this project and I hope it becomes successful.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Thanks Evil Arms! I kind of wonder why most people don't try to emulate a Gameboy style with their games. It gives it a unique and "old school" sort of flavor.

Anyway, here is a quick update. I've finally started backsprites for some of the fake pokemon in the game, and working on the starting town.

pokeGB_snapshot20.png

A look at Peccilo's movepool
pokeGB_snapshot22.png

Kittoal using quick attack on a Silcoon. Sorry for the default peanut animation.
pokeGB_snapshot23.png

A piece of the map for the Gamma City museum. There, you will find some neat exhibits, including the fossil pokemon in this game (will reveal later).
pokeGB_snapshot24.png

Outside the office building of Lantis Corporations. They are the guys responsible for the creation of the region.

More updates to come soon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2015
That old school look brings back memories of pokemon first came in color, wow im old. Looks great!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
That old school look brings back memories of pokemon first came in color, wow im old. Looks great!
I remember those days as well, I must be old too xD. Thanks.

..... The only reasons I like this are the Kittoal is cute, I kinda like Balphin's color use, and it's GBC style. Otherwise, this game is going to the dogs, or in this case, the Mightyenas. So stay out of people's faces, or get with the LAWLZA!
PS: Your mapping is worse than mine so don't criticize me about mine. And by the way it takes work to make a game, not just sprites and fakemon that make you laugh or say "WOWZA!" or even old-school style. In other words, fix it up! I want to be satisfied with this. Otherwise..........

Actually, the way you changed it, let's repeat it slowly, so your ratty ears can hear it: T...H...I...S I...S T...H...E W...O...R...S...T G...A...M...E E...V...E...R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol. That is all I have to say to this post.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
The game does need a bit of touching up as to mapping, but I like the storyline and the Fakémon you made are amazing. I do sincerely (as I stated before) hope this game is successful and goes far.

Back