• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 12, 2015
what other kinds of items will there be in the future? :o do you ever plan on eviolite?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
First and foremost, thanks for the great hack. I'll be using it as my rombase and the fact that it has compatibility with G3HS is just great.

By the way, could you update a few abilities, like Lightningrod, to their Gen V+ effect?

Also, is it possible to implement Parting Shot using the effects contained in the hack? Seems like it'd be a combination of Baton Pass + I don't know what.

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
Years
Apologies for another question, but I'm writing a givepokemon script, and I'd like to have the option of giving the Generation IV starters. Is there any chance you'd know which numbers to put into my scripts?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
As far as I can tell, the attack boosts and stuff now work properly, so kudos to you for that.

A few more questions. Are abilities like Sturdy changed to their gen 5 equivalents, or is that something that will come later?

Also, I tried opening this in G3HS. It worked wonderfully, except for one thing- I can't edit types. Under the Type 1 and Type 2 boxes, there are just empty spaces. And since PGE consistently throws a fit whenever I try to edit something to be Fairy type, I'm kind of stuck. Is there something I'm overlooking? A different ROM without the patch applied displayed the types perfectly.

EDIT: I completely fixed this. I think what happened was the ROM I was using had the No-Fairy patch applied to it. For those of you using the No-Fairy Patch, to fix this, go to offset 24F1A0, copy everything up to and including 24F2100B, and paste it at the offset 961B60.

I have nothing else to comment on- I haven't experienced any other glitches, though I'm still suspecting that the HM moves have something weakening them. Fantastic rombase, can't wait for the next update, blah blah generic positive stuff other people have said hundreds of times.

(In other news, I beat Fire Red with this patch applied with a total of two deaths- my Beedrill and Nidoking- with a final team of Venusaur, Hypno, Vaporeon, Snorlax, Pidgeot, and Dragonite.)

Last edited:

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Apologies for another question, but I'm writing a givepokemon script, and I'd like to have the option of giving the Generation IV starters. Is there any chance you'd know which numbers to put into my scripts?

It depends on where you inserted them. Whether you replaced an existing Pokemon or expanded with G3HS, you can actually use G3HS to figure out what to put.

The givepokemon command is structured like so:

givepokemon 0xX 0xY 0xZ 0x0 0x0 0x0
X - Index number of Pokemon to give
Y - Level
Z - Item
0x0 - buffers

The number at the top left in G3HS is the Pokemon's index number, just put that for X.

Thoriére

Years
It depends on where you inserted them. Whether you replaced an existing Pokemon or expanded with G3HS, you can actually use G3HS to figure out what to put.

The givepokemon command is structured like so:

givepokemon 0xX 0xY 0xZ 0x0 0x0 0x0
X - Index number of Pokemon to give
Y - Level
Z - Item
0x0 - buffers

The number at the top left in G3HS is the Pokemon's index number, just put that for X.

Thank you; that's a big help. And, just confirming, nothing will be overwritten if I patch a ROM after using G3HS? The start of this thread warns not to patch onto an already-hacked ROM, and I really don't want anything to screw up.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Thank you; that's a big help. And, just confirming, nothing will be overwritten if I patch a ROM after using G3HS? The start of this thread warns not to patch onto an already-hacked ROM, and I really don't want anything to screw up.

Well it really just depends on what you've edited. If you use the 0x720000 - 0x900000 (?) space, you'll most likely have data overwritten by new moves, abilities, items etc.

Thoriére

Years
Well it really just depends on what you've edited. If you use the 0x720000 - 0x900000 (?) space, you'll most likely have data overwritten by new moves, abilities, items etc.

All right. I'll just search from about 0x900000 on for other new data, if you think that'll work?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
All right. I'll just search from about 0x900000 on for other new data, if you think that'll work?

Uhh, I actually think you should just patch first. Then edit whatever you like. Much easier.

Broly9990

I'm having trouble trying to add this whole thing to a rom in general. I've been trying for a long time now. Can someone even make a Youtube tutorial on how to do this?

Broly9990

Wow... I have never felt like such a n00b. Thanks for the help Imma go cry now.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I've been trying out the Fairy-type moves, and there seems to be some problem with Drain Kiss.

Firstly, the background for the move stays in place when the move is used. Also - and this usually happens as well - the music plays, but nothing else happens.

The only other Fairy-type move that I have trouble with is Charming Cry, which is mentioned in your Bugs section.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Quick question: When updating my ROM with patch 1.4a is it okay that I already have JPAN's hacked engine patch applied? I applied your patch first, then the JPAN patch, but now I want to know if I can update to 1.4a or if I need to do it again on a clean ROM because JPAN's engine is already applied.

Sorry if this has already been answered.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Quick question: When updating my ROM with patch 1.4a is it okay that I already have JPAN's hacked engine patch applied? I applied your patch first, then the JPAN patch, but now I want to know if I can update to 1.4a or if I need to do it again on a clean ROM because JPAN's engine is already applied.

Sorry if this has already been answered.

No you're fine. It's only when the original thing is added.

Firstly, the background for the move stays in place when the move is used. Also - and this usually happens as well - the music plays, but nothing else happens.

Thanks I'll look into it.

---

Even though the patch is close, I'm currently working on Platinum Red and Blue,adding abilities and moves. So 1.5 will take a while longer as I do that, hope you all understand.

Also I'm going to be redoing the Fairy system slightly, changing 0x16 to 0x17 so that the Effect thing works in the move relearner field. I also think I'll be removing the 'remove fairy patch' because it's getting difficult to maintain.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Ok thank you for answering my question. I have another one now though. (Sorry XD)

Is this compatible with GoGoJJTech's HGSS Music Patch? If so, is there any particular order in which I need to apply these patches?

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Even though the patch is close, I'm currently working on Platinum Red and Blue,adding abilities and moves. So 1.5 will take a while longer as I do that, hope you all understand.

Also I'm going to be redoing the Fairy system slightly, changing 0x16 to 0x17 so that the Effect thing works in the move relearner field. I also think I'll be removing the 'remove fairy patch' because it's getting difficult to maintain.
Removing the anti-fairy patch? T.T

Oh well, I understand. I like the Fairy Type anyway lol.

Still looking for a patch for only Decap, but no bones so far. Regardless, thank you so much for the update!

Looking forward to 1.5!

Back