• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first pokemon

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Aside from my starter (Squirtle), the first Pokemon I caught was Zubat. I had made it through past the first gym when it occurred to me that I should probably try capturing Pokemon. Zubat was the first one I encountered after that, so into a ball it went.

I don't think I ever used that Zubat on my team, though. I pretty much just soloed Red with Blastoise.

Years
Pokemon Pearl was my first game, I was 7 or 8 years old at the time and my first caught pokemon was either Starly or Bidoof.

Years
The first Pokemon I caught was like 18 or 19 years ago on my cousin's Yellow, so no way I can remember that. The first game I actually owned was Gold, and I remember catching both a Caterpie and a Sentret early on, but honestly can't remember which came first.

Years
When I was younger, I pretty much went through Diamond with an overleveled Torterra and a team of Starlys and Bidoofs because I didn't know about the PC. My first meaningful capture (and by that I mean the first pokemon I caught once I discovered the wonders of the storage boxes) was this:
latest

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2018
First Pokémon I ever had was Cyndaquil. Not sure, but I think the first one I caught was Sentret.

Never did care for Sentret all that much (though it's closer to the "like" end of the scale than to "dislike"), but Cyndaquil's okay.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
My first pokemon was probably a Pidgey or Rattata or some fodder pokemon along those lines.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I remember capturing a Girafarig in my friend's HG/SS game some time before I started playing myself. Does that count?

My first own Pokémon though was my starter friend Turtwig in Pokémon Diamond. As for the first Pokémon I captured in said game, that was a Starly. Might have been a Bidoof though, not 100% sure.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
If I remember correctly it might have been Nincada that I caught in Omega Ruby and named it Chop. At least I can remember that I thought it's cute so I really wanted one. Later it evolved into Ninjask and it was really helpful with cutting those prickly trees.

Years
I honestly can't remember what my first Pokemon was which is a massive shame :(
It was either Squirtle or Charmander in FireRed, pretty standard but I remember loving that first playthrough!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 5, 2018
I was playing Yellow and Gold around the same time. The first one I caught in Yellow was a Pidgey, and in Gold it was a Sentret. Pikachu and Cyndaquil were my first starters.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
The first Pokémon I ever obtained was a Torchic on a copy of Pokémon Ruby I rented from a local game shop. However, I eventually had to return that game and say goodbye to my team.

The first Pokémon I ever actually owned myself was a Bulbasaur on LeafGreen. The first I ever caught was likely a Pidgey or Rattata.

LillieAndNebby

Someone (not) very special!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 21, 2023
My first Pok?mon ever was Piplup with the first one I captured being Starly. I miss that Starly. ?^?

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
My first starter ever was a torchic on the Sapphire cartridge sister lended me.
0201.JPG

I probably took such decision because of a thing for avians I might have inherited from mother...
or it could be because I used to be her little sparrow...
Then again, there's also the psychological reasons many choose the fire type starter :
Pok?mon games are mostly about combat, are they not? And we're more prone to deem the flame
as destructive force, despite the existance of anomalous waves and monsoons, or the fact that
trees can demolish buildings(the fig tree is particularly adept at digging through rock, if you
have a green roof make sure nobody ever plants one). The colours also influence, since
shades of blue and green are reminiscent of sky, water and vegetation, which of course
soothes us.
As for my first catch, I wrote down about it so many times I suspect somebody will track me
and cut my life short... *peeks out of the window*
Okay, as for my first catch(with sis' help, of course) was a poochyena,
but he was golden-coated, shiny. He was only one of the two legitimate pok?mon I remember
ever getting, the other one being a wingull, always on Sapphire, and probably my last capture
on that game...
Back to the poochyena, I was still a novice and sis' wasn't exactly used to poochyena so he ended up
in the box rather quickly. Because I was a lazy bum, I later put him in the daycare for the sake
of seeing him evolved, and he's now in a box of my Diamond game.
Alas, I wish I had changed his nickname 'tho...

Last edited:

Claire Lilly

~Professional Vulpix Breeder/Trainer~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
The very first pokemon I've ever catched was a pink Shellos in 'Diamond', if I remember correctly (from the start I only catched pokemon of which I liked the appearance). But my first pokemon ever was a Turtwig.

Last edited:
Back