• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make a new Pokemon type

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
Here's how it works:use this
Name:
Pokemon:
Moves:
Z-crystal:
Z-move:
Super-effective against the following:
Weak to the following:
Immune to the following:
Not very effective on the following:
No effect on the following
Resistant to the following:
And,yes,you are allowed to make it weak to normal
I'll start
Name:rainbow
Pokemon:rainboweon,a few very colorful Pokemon
Moves:rainbow beam,rainbow blast,rainbow blitz
Z-crystal:Rainbowium Z
Z-move:Rainbow destroyer
Super-effective against the following:rainbow,ghost,dark,fighting
Weak to the following:rainbow,normal,ground,electric,grass
Immune to the following:dark
Not very effective on the following:normal,ground
No effect on the following:electric
Resistant to the following:ghost,bug,fighting,fairy

Last edited:

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
Years
Name: Light
Pokemon: Celesteon(Light type eeveelution), Prismoid(A Prism Pokemon like Necrozma, only its a dragon and rainbow colored) ,Solgaleo(Instead of Psychic as the sun produces light), Other light/sun/angel based pokemon.
Moves: Delta Beam, Halo Rift, Rainbow Whip(Celesteon Signature move), Light ray, Solar Blitz, Prism Break(Prismoid Signature Move), Light Slash/Light Blade
Z-crystal: Lightnium Z
Z-move: Shining Light
Super-effective against the following: Dark/Ghost/Dragon
Weak to the following: Fire, Fighting, Bug (Somewhat random hodgepodge choices, If you have any better ideas tell me.)
Immune to the following: Dark
Not very effective on the following: Fire, Fighting, Bug (Somewhat random hodgepodge choices, If you have any better ideas tell me.)
No effect on the following: Steel(Due to the Gen6 type changes, I feel steel needs more resistances/immunity's)
Resistant to the following: Ghost/Dragon

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
Name: Light
Pokemon: Celesteon(Light type eeveelution), Prismoid(A Prism Pokemon like Necrozma, only its a dragon and rainbow colored) ,Solgaleo(Instead of Psychic as the sun produces light), Other light/sun/angel based pokemon.
Moves: Delta Beam, Halo Rift, Rainbow Whip(Celesteon Signature move), Light ray, Solar Blitz, Prism Break(Prismoid Signature Move), Light Slash/Light Blade
Z-crystal: Lightnium Z
Z-move: Shining Light
Super-effective against the following: Dark/Ghost/Dragon
Weak to the following: Fire, Fighting, Bug (Somewhat random hodgepodge choices, If you have any better ideas tell me.)
Immune to the following: Dark
Not very effective on the following: Fire, Fighting, Bug (Somewhat random hodgepodge choices, If you have any better ideas tell me.)
No effect on the following: Steel(Due to the Gen6 type changes, I feel steel needs more resistances/immunity's)
Resistant to the following: Dark/Ghost/Dragon
A Pokemon type can't be resistant to and immune to the same thing. Immune and resistant are mutually exclusive. Immune means it takes no damage from that type. Resistant means it takes half damage from that type. Weak means it takes double damage from that type. Oh,so you're trying to decide whether it's immune to or resistant to dark. Funny thing is,in my pair of Pokemon games (the pair with the legendary snakes),dark and light are weak to each other.

Alexherobrine45

MOFPC - Master Of Fake Pokémon Creation
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 26, 2018
Name: Glitch
Pokemon: Cheateon, a light green Eeveelution similar in design to Umbreon with a purple diamond shaped jewel on each leg, Crashicus, a fragmented-in-appearance violet dragon (Dragon/Glitch) and a legendary, other ideas I haven't thought of
Moves: G-Wave, 70 power special move impossible to evade, Wrong Warp, essentially U-Turn/Volt Switch but Glitch-type, other moves I haven't thought of
Z-crystal: Scramblium-Z
Z-move: Glitch Chain, a move in which multiple beams are fired at the opponent causing a variety of effects based upon what move was the base (tendency to cause a burn or with some moves Poisoned for some reason)
Super-effective against the following: Itself
Weak to the following: Psychic, Fairy, Itself
Immune to the following: N/A (I'm tired of every new type ever being immune to something)
Not very effective on the following: Dark, Psychic, Fairy, Electric
No effect on the following: N/A
Resistant to the following: Steel, Ghost, Electric

Reasons for the above choices:
It is weak to/SE on itself because it has to be super effective on something.
It is also weak to Psychic and Fairy because they represent order while Glitch represents chaos.
It is NVE on Dark and Electric so those two types get a slight buff. Also, Electric = Technology.
It is resistant to Steel and Electric (Technology) and Ghost (In The Machine, see also Technology).

Want some more? I could probably think of at least 1 more.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
Here's how it works:use this
Name:
Pokemon:
Moves:
Z-crystal:
Z-move:
Super-effective against the following:
Weak to the following:
Immune to the following:
Not very effective on the following:
No effect on the following
Resistant to the following:
And,yes,you are allowed to make it weak to normal
I'll start
Name:rainbow
Pokemon:rainboweon,a few very colorful Pokemon
Moves:rainbow beam,rainbow blast,rainbow blitz
Z-crystal:Rainbowium Z
Z-move:Rainbow destroyer
Super-effective against the following:rainbow,ghost,dark,fighting
Weak to the following:rainbow,normal,ground,electric
Immune to the following:dark
Not very effective on the following:normal,ground
No effect on the following:electric
Resistant to the following:ghost,bug,fighting,fairy
Reasons for my choices:
It is weak to itself because it makes sense,weak to normal because the normal type needs to be good somehow weak to ground and electric because dirt,mud,and electricity do lots of damage to rainbows
It is super effective on ghost,dark,and fighting because of what rainbows do to ghosts,darkness,and wrestlers
It is immune to dark because that makes sense
It is not very effective on normal and ground because that makes sense
It has no effect on electric because that makes sense
It resists ghost,bug,and fighting because that makes sense
It resists fairy so that fairy is not o.p.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
Name: Glitch
Pokemon: Cheateon, a light green Eeveelution similar in design to Umbreon with a purple diamond shaped jewel on each leg, Crashicus, a fragmented-in-appearance violet dragon (Dragon/Glitch) and a legendary, other ideas I haven't thought of
Moves: G-Wave, 70 power special move impossible to evade, Wrong Warp, essentially U-Turn/Volt Switch but Glitch-type, other moves I haven't thought of
Z-crystal: Scramblium-Z
Z-move: Glitch Chain, a move in which multiple beams are fired at the opponent causing a variety of effects based upon what move was the base (tendency to cause a burn or with some moves Poisoned for some reason)
Super-effective against the following: Itself
Weak to the following: Psychic, Fairy, Itself
Immune to the following: N/A (I'm tired of every new type ever being immune to something)
Not very effective on the following: Dark, Psychic, Fairy, Electric
No effect on the following: N/A
Resistant to the following: Steel, Ghost, Electric

Reasons for the above choices:
It is weak to/SE on itself because it has to be super effective on something.
It is also weak to Psychic and Fairy because they represent order while Glitch represents chaos.
It is NVE on Dark and Electric so those two types get a slight buff. Also, Electric = Technology.
It is resistant to Steel and Electric (Technology) and Ghost (In The Machine, see also Technology).
M
Want some more? I could probably think of at least 1 more.
Nice name for the type. Also,I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019
Name: Lava
Pokemon: Laveon (eeveelotion)
Moves: Lava Storm, Melting Heat, Magma Shot
Z-crystal: Lavanium Z
Z-move: Volcanic Beam
Super-effective against the following: Ice, Rock, Grass, Fairy, Bug, Steel
Weak to the following: Water, Dragon
Immune to the following: No one
Not very effective on the following: Lava, Fire, Water
No effect on the following: No one
Resistant to the following:Lava.

Alexherobrine45

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 26, 2018
Name: Lava
Pokemon: Laveon (eeveelotion)
Moves: Lava Storm, Melting Heat, Magma Shot
Z-crystal: Lavanium Z
Z-move: Volcanic Beam
Super-effective against the following: Ice, Rock, Grass, Fairy, Bug, Steel
Weak to the following: Water, Dragon
Immune to the following: No one
Not very effective on the following: Lava, Fire, Water
No effect on the following: No one
Resistant to the following:Lava.
You realize Fire is essentially Lava, right?

My other new type:
Name: Celestial
Pok?mon: Astreon (Eeveelution), Astrayshi (star wandering Legendary), Recalitty (alien Ground/Celestial cat), some others
Moves: Lightspeed Smash (more powerful Extreme Speed), Spacebeam, Hypernova (OHKO), for example
Z-Crystal: Celestium-Z
Z-move: Constellational Cross Slash
SE on: Rock, Steel, Dragon
NVE on: Psychic, Fairy, Dark, Water
Weak to: Dark, Fairy, Ghost
Resistant to: Normal, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Rock, Fire, Electric, Ice, Dragon
Immune to: Steel

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2019

My other new type:
Pok?mon: Astreon (Eeveelution), Astrayshi (star wandering Legendary), Recalitty (alien Ground/Celestial cat), some others
Moves: Lightspeed Smash (more powerful Extreme Speed), Spacebeam, Hypernova (OHKO), for example
Resistant to: Normal, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Rock, Fire, Electric, Ice, Dragon
And ice is water.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023

My other new type:
Pokémon: Astreon (Eeveelution), Astrayshi (star wandering Legendary), Recalitty (alien Ground/Celestial cat), some others
Cool type. May I use it for my game? I'll give you credit.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
Name:Zombie type
Pokemon:Zombeon (zombie type Eeveelution), Parasect (Changes the Bug type by Zombie type)
Moves:Infect (Physical attack, 20 power and always poison), Chew (Physical attack, 40 power, it's like bite), Bad breath (Special attack,50 power, It may make the target flinch), Clamor (Special attack, 65 power, it may confuse the target), Tear down (Physical attack, 65 power).
Z-crystal:Invazium-Z
Z-move:Infested horde
Super-effective against the following:Normal, Bug & Flying.
Weak to the following:Fighting, Steel & Rock
Immune to the following:Poison
Not very effective on the following:Steel, Rock, Ground.
No effect on the following:No one.
Resistant to the following:Normal.

Last edited:

Alexherobrine45

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 26, 2018
Go get Snakewood, we have an idea for them!

Meanwhile, I'm content with just Celestial-type. (shameless self-promotion is shameless)

Alexherobrine45

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 26, 2018
I feel like the closest thing I could ever come up with would resemble Alexherobrine's Celestial type. It would make sense for Pokemon like the Clefairy family, Deoxys, Solrock/Lunatone, and other Pokemon that are supposedly extraterrestrial.

When I made it, the Pok?mon I changed were the Cosmog, Beheeyem, and Solrock/Lunatone families. All of which replaced Psychic despite my friend saying it was a combination of Dark and Fairy. (Beheeyem became Psychic/Celestial, but whatever.) The point is for it to be a super rare, quite powerful type. So, thanks m8 =P

Back