• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
Lavender Town looks excellent, Zel. I do ave 2 things to say, though. One, the radio tower looks way too big. Two, the Pokémon House doesn't really match up with the rest of the town. you might want to change it. Other than that, Lavender town looks awesome. Keep up the awesome work, Zel.

The Trick house is a grate Idea, there is just one thing isn't GS story before RSE story?

I'm guessing you're referring to the RSE pokemon available in the game. Well, since Firered and Leafgreen are technically before RSE, but they can support RSE pokemon, this is like them in that it can support ALL pokemon from RSE, FR/LG and GSC. This is like the ULTIMATE pokemon game!!!

Looking forward to the next BETA of course!

Zowayix

hi
Years
are you talking about the timeline of the story? if so, then actually
RBY/RSE/FRLG all take place at the same time, which is 3 years before GSC/DP.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
EDIT: Oh yeah, I found out about the Safari Zone that was originally going to be a part of Gold+Silver. It was never implemented but with a cheat cart (evil I know) you can access the unfinished safari zone (no wild pokemon programmed though). I'm betting that putting a safari zone into the game will be hard, but I guess you could use the current safari zone and edit the maps.

In fact, I have done that already, because I was already suggested to do that with that extra Safari Zone map (of course I gave my advanced touch to that map, so, it may be hard to notice it's that legendary map :P)
I have a screenshot of that place once I reach the screenshots of Fuchsia.

Lavender Town looks excellent, Zel. I do ave 2 things to say, though. One, the radio tower looks way too big. Two, the Pokémon House doesn't really match up with the rest of the town. you might want to change it. Other than that, Lavender town looks awesome. Keep up the awesome work, Zel.

Well, compare:

radio2hs8.png

radio1yy0.png
radio3cc1.png

Kinda the same heigth as the original (in fact, my version is a bit smaller XD)

And, what do you refer with "Pokemon house" (the one violet-colored is the original, which I'm leaving as it is, because I want to show it's more like a future of FR and not Red. If you were refering about the Pokemon Cemetery, where that old dude is looking at, then maybe I'll change. Though I don't know if I have a different kind of building in both tilesets (and that building is kinda like a "filler" when I run out of ideas or tiles)

I keep working. No screenshot release in this post, 'cause I've already released some in my last one. And, I also need to take it easy from now on...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Wow zel! I love the way you take each step with perfection!
The hack keeps getting better and better and I get more excited to play it!

The radio tower in Lavender.., I see Rocket grunts...
Hmm.., are they up to no good again? Eheheh... The usual Rocket life...

Anyway, I like it zel! Hope you won't stop (which I know you won't.)

Good luck!

In fact, I have done that already, because I was already suggested to do that with that extra Safari Zone map (of course I gave my advanced touch to that map, so, it may be hard to notice it's that legendary map :P)
I have a screenshot of that place once I reach the screenshots of Fuchsia.

WOAH! You rock man. I didn't expect you to actually put it in at all! I'm sure loads of people are gonna be happy ^_^

Last edited:

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
Years
Awesome. lol

I think this game is amazing. You're an inspiration to my own project Zel. If possible, why don't you change the in battle music to a better version of Johto's? Just a suggestion, it would sorta add to the "Johto" experience if you know what I mean. This game is awesome, I've gotten hooked on this more than the real Crystal when it first came out!

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Honestly, i think zel should edit the tilesets and use the ones from goldenrod and use that radio tower, i did that and everything stayed the same but the Pokemon tower turned into a tile disaster, which is for the radio tower

i waited awhile to come back and the thread is still here yay!

Still is a great game... just one ? : how do i get Celebi... the guides you posted didin't tell me :(

The guide on the first post already tells you how, but I'll give you the general idea:

Spoiler:

I'm so generous. I'm not like other people who will say
OMGWTFBBQ111 LOOK AT THE FIRST POST!!!!
or something. I'm kind ^_^

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
The radio tower in Lavender.., I see Rocket grunts...
Hmm.., are they up to no good again? Eheheh... The usual Rocket life...

Not just the common grunts, but our friends J&J. Will we battle them? I don't know... (Well, I know, but won't tell XD)

It's a huge amount of stuff to be explained. It will take its time. I surely won't forget about it. :-P

No worries. We don't have anything better to do, we can wait :laugh:

Awesome. lol

I think this game is amazing. You're an inspiration to my own project Zel. If possible, why don't you change the in battle music to a better version of Johto's? Just a suggestion, it would sorta add to the "Johto" experience if you know what I mean. This game is awesome, I've gotten hooked on this more than the real Crystal when it first came out!

birthofdna is taking care of that, so direct your suggestions to him (I'll just insert what he sends me, trying to make it sound as close as what he originally makes)

Honestly, i think zel should edit the tilesets and use the ones from goldenrod and use that radio tower, i did that and everything stayed the same but the Pokemon tower turned into a tile disaster, which is for the radio tower

But, I want to keep the violet colored houses originally from FR, so I have to use that tileset, and deal with it the best I can.
In the end, it's just graphical stuff, so it really doesn't matter that much.

Well, finally finished the Trick House, seems to work fine, and I made a few nice puzzles, so I hope to at least, make the game a bit longer in gameplay :)
What's next. I need to see if there's more stuff to insert before progressing to the next Routes/Cities.

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
Awesome, Zel, you've got another thing done! Can't wait for Beta 5, but I will! :P

Back