• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
What is a table file? Like I said, HEX is absolutely foreign to me, so I have no clue how to even find anything.
I was like you once. Well a Table File is a file that contains all of the Characters used in-game, and by characters I mean Letters, numbers, etc. Not Overworlds.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
I was like you once. Well a Table File is a file that contains all of the Characters used in-game, and by characters I mean Letters, numbers, etc. Not Overworlds.

I see (I think). So it affects what type of text-characters are used during specific conversations/reading signs, along with what words are in the Pokedex entries? If so, how do I find and use table files in HEX? A link to such a tutorial would be great.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
I see (I think). So it affects what type of text-characters are used during specific conversations/reading signs, along with what words are in the Pokedex entries? If so, how do I find and use table files in HEX? A link to such a tutorial would be great.

ya do u guys know anyplace to get an offline tutorial document that teaches pokemon hex editing?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016

You can't, well I think you can't....

~C3LEBI

Doesn't Zel do it in ShinyGold like when you're on the ship and you meet Jess and Jamie and they are disguised as Sailors but then they change to their Rocket Uniforms?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Doesn't Zel do it in ShinyGold like when you're on the ship and you meet Jess and Jamie and they are disguised as Sailors but then they change to their Rocket Uniforms?

That is simple scripting, I guess...
Just put a script that'll hide the sailor Overworlds and show the evil rocket Overworld afterwards...

But in the case of changing the PLAYER's overworlds.., then.., I think you need to learn about advance hacking to achieve that...

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2008
Possible to add new pokemon without replacing?

Can I add new pokemon without replacing the sprites of old ones? I've done hacks in the past of other games and dealt with hex editing to add things but wasn't sure if it worked the same with this game

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
You could have overwritten the Front Sprite, and it was too big and overlapped the back sprite screwing it up. You'd have to restart to fix that or re insert the original images to their original spots, or you could insert the original and re-point them to the new spot.

Well, I'm no hacking genius like you and Zel are, so could you give me some instructions on how I'd re-insert the back sprite? I tried replacing the one before the front sprite, but that just overwrites the rock animation. D:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
darkstar1000 said:
Can I add new pokemon without replacing the sprites of old ones? I've done hacks in the past of other games and dealt with hex editing to add things but wasn't sure if it worked the same with this game

There are extra ?? Pokemon after Celebi, you could just edit thos and then add in everything else using hex.

Diggeh said:
Well, I'm no hacking genius like you and Zel are, so could you give me some instructions on how I'd re-insert the back sprite? I tried replacing the one before the front sprite, but that just overwrites the rock animation. D:

You need to use a tile editor, I recommend TLP or Tile Molester. Then go to the offset: 0xE69FFC in FR/LG, I couldn't find the R/S backpics(might be compressed).

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2008
There are extra ?? Pokemon after Celebi, you could just edit thos and then add in everything else using hex.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, I want to add to the existing 386 pokemon in emerald by adding some from D/P, for a total of around 420. SO i guess what I'm asking is if there's a memory limit or if it's possible to expand the # of pokemon. I hope that made sense

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
darkstar1000 said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean, I want to add to the existing 386 pokemon in emerald by adding some from D/P, for a total of around 420. SO i guess what I'm asking is if there's a memory limit or if it's possible to expand the # of pokemon. I hope that made sense

Well if you look after Celebi there is some extra space, you can see this by looking at Advance Map or even RS Ball. There should be at least 25 ?? Pokemon, glitch Pokemon that R/S/E/FR/LG has added into the game. You can edit those and add in there new data using hex.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
You need to use a tile editor, I recommend TLP or Tile Molester. Then go to the offset: 0xE69FFC in FR/LG, I couldn't find the R/S backpics(might be compressed).

I'm using FR.

In TLP, 0xE69FFC goes to the male trainer's back sprite.

In Tile Molester, it goes to the same thing.

D:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back