• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Team Magma's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
Storyline:
You've grown up your entire life hearing stories about your father, the champion, how he defeated all eight gyms, the elite four, former champion, and the battle frontier at a young age, and how he stopped teams aqua and magma evil plans, and saved all of Hoenn from the rage of kyogre and groudon. Now, as you start your journey, something is different from anything your dad told you about his. Trainers know your name. People notice you. And, as the remnants of Team Magma reform, seeking revenge, you are targeted, because, by Team Magma's reasoning, if they capture you, they can keep your dad from intervening by threating your life.
Team Magma:
Twenty years ago, Maxie disbanded Team Magma following the events at stoopolis city. Tabitha did not agree with the desicion. He and Maxie fought, causing a permanent rift between the former Magma Team. Some agreed and went off with Tabitha, rebuilding in secret, under the guise of Magnition Industries, a company dedicated to providing new fuel sources. Recently, people have reported Team Magma grunts perpetrating small crimes. It is rumored that they have returned.

Rival
Twin Brother __________

Gyms(pics coming soon)
Max, Gym 1, No Type; Ralts, Poochyana
Roxanne, Gym 2, Rock Type; Geodude,__________, Nosepass
Brawly, Gym 3, Fighting Type; Machop,________, Hariyama
Electra, Gym 4, Electric Type; _________, Flaffy, Electabuzz
Flannery, Gym 5, Fire Type; Quilava, Trokoal, Magmar
Skylar, Gym 6, Flying Type; Swellow,________,Gliscor, Staraptor
Liza, Gym 7, Psychic Type; Lunatone, Grumpig, Slowking, Alakazam (Tate is head of the Rocket Launch Building)
Matt, Gym 8, Water Type; Gastrodon, Crawdaunt, Tentacruel, Gyrados, Sharpedo
_______-unditermined

Elite 4
Bringing the animie's tournament style conferences to the games.
Ever Grande League championship

-Team can only be changed between rounds, healed after each battle-

Preliminaries- 1 one on one battle
Ace Trainer; __________

Qualifying Round- 3 Double battles

Pokemon Breeder; Swampert,_______
Hiker;_______,Golem
Swimmer; _________,_________

Finals- 16 Full Battles- Elite 4 and Rival fights here

Wally, Psychic Type; Bronzong,Magnezone, Roserade, Gallade, Alakazam, Gardevior
Cool Trainer; Ursaring, Steelix, Ariados, Weavile, Luxray, Flygon
Bug Maniac; Armaldo, Mothim, Drapion, Venomoth, Yanmega, Scizor
Black Belt; Medicham, Breloom, Poliwrath, Heracross evo, Machamp, Infernape
Triton, Dragon Type; Tyranitar, Altaria, Salamence, Garchomp,Dragonite, Kingdra
Cue Ball; Camperupt, Toxicraok, Arcanine, Crobat, Arbok, Magmorter
Psychic; Jynx, Bronzong, Slowbro, Espeon, Alakazam, Medicham
Lucy, Ghost/Poison Type; Spiritomb, Milotic, Gengar, Dusknoir,Drapion, Seviper
Dragon Tamer; _______, Steelix, Salamence, Gyrados, Altaria, Garchomp
Gardener; Roserade, Bellosum, Vileplume, Meganium, Venasaur, Torterra
Rich Boy; Linoone, Mightyana, Tropius, Magnezone, Hitmonlee, Porygon Z
Rocker; Rampardos, Hitmontop, Kriketune, Chimecho, Exploud, Electivire
Morrison, Steel Type; Probopass ,Swampert, Arcanine, Steelix, Gliscor, Metagross
Bird Keeper; Swellow, Honchkrow, Dodrio, Staraptor, Pidgeot, Staraptor
Mechanic; Electrode, Steelix, Kingler, Magnezone, Machamp, Magmorter
Rival

Championship-
Champion Brendan, No type; Aggron, Gallade, Salamence, Swampert, Sceptile, Blaziken

Team Magma-Team
Grunts
Admin Courtney-
Admin Slate-
Admin Granite-
Leader Tabitha-

Battle Fronteir:
Set up like gyms, except all teams are level 100, getting all symbols will unlock a secret island
Battle Factory- Factory Head Thorten; ________, Infernape,_______,Garchomp, ________, Electivire
Battle Pike- Pike Queen _______; no team yet
Battle Tower-Tower Tycoon Barry; Roserade, Heracross evo(tba), Rapidash, Staraptor,Snorlax, Empoleon
Battle Arcade- Arcade Star _______; no team yet
Battle Arena- Arena Fighter Leonardo; Lucario, Poliwrath, Machamp, Gallade, Blaziken, _________
Battle Castle- Castle Valet Darius; Ursaring, Kingdra, Staraptor, ________, Torterra, Blaziken
Battle Hall- Hall Matron _______; no team yet
Battle Dome- Dome Head Archer; _______,Venasaur, Alakazam, Empoleon, Infernape, _______
Fronteir equvilent of pkmn legue:
Battle Forretress- Fronteir Head Ark; __________, Rhypherior, Electivire, Lucario, Flygon, Charizard

Epic battle- 2 on 1, You and Champion Brendon vs the Groudon like creature from Wish Maker.

Help Needed! Please PM me if you want to help. This will only be moved to progressive hacks after ALL positions are filled.
In-battle Trainer Spriter-
Fakemon Spriter-
Overworld Sprites-Me
Hoenn Remap- Me
Scripter -

This game will be a hack of LeafGreen, with a new pokedex, and some 4th gen added, and a few fakemon.

One thing I need now is someone who can script the starter recieve scene in the lab. If you can, please PM me. I will give you a copy of the file, and directions of what's supposed to happen.

Last edited:

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
Sorry, ment to put it in the drawing board, somehow it ended up here

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
I recently was doodling and came up with an idea. What if Tabitha of team magma tried to reform the team? What if Brendan's son was the one to face the new team? Some gym leaders would stay the same, others, such as Wattson, Juan and Norman are retired. Max, Norman's son is the first gym leader, normal type, petalberg gym. Wattson is replaced by his daughter Electra(temp name), now gym 4.
This isn't original. That's not a story. It's not a plor.

It is almost like having nothing done and posting in "The Drawing Board"

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
I have more done, just haven't had time to type more info

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
I have more done, just haven't had time to type more info
Not to offend you...

But not having written it won't get this thread anywhere or your game's popularity... People want to see your progress.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
Not to offend you...

But not having written it won't get this thread anywhere or your game's popularity... People want to see your progress.

Im not doing this for popularity, I want help with this.

Years
Same applies. With no screenshots, and sparse info, you're not exactly screaming "this game rules" to potential people who might join. You have to do some legwork yourself first. Equally, posting a thread when you have what seems to be a one-line idea, it's pretty poor, to be brutally honest.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
People, I came up with this yesterday for crying out loud!

I only put it up to see if anyone wants to help with ideas or get a head start on mapping if they want to help!

Years
Then you shouldn't have posted a thread. Unless you've at least vaguely started, it's pointless. If you need a team, post in the recruitment thread. Otherwise, start learning some skills.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
Years
Then you shouldn't have posted a thread. Unless you've at least vaguely started, it's pointless. If you need a team, post in the recruitment thread. Otherwise, start learning some skills.

NikNaks said:
Same applies. With no screenshots, and sparse info, you're not exactly screaming "this game rules" to potential people who might join. You have to do some legwork yourself first. Equally, posting a thread when you have what seems to be a one-line idea, it's pretty poor, to be brutally honest.

Why can't he post a topic here? I believe the drawing board is for early projects and ideas. Isn't this an idea? He isn't breaking any rules. The rules state if its an idea thread you do not need screenshots or a story.

Anyways, back on topic.

@tvoza2 - Good idea, hopefully we can see you progress on this.

Years
There's a difference between "an idea" and one line of text. I'm being harsh, granted, but I tire of seeing so many threads like this that get nowhere.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
Years
What if Tabitha of team magma tried to reform the team? What if Brendan's son was the one to face the new team? Some gym leaders would stay the same, others, such as Wattson, Juan, Winona, Wallace, and Norman are retired.

It may be one line but there are ideas in there. And if it doesn't get anywhere, then oh well. Nothing you can do about it. He's posting here to see what people think and get some help for other ideas. If you don't like the idea or how he made his post then don't waste to reply to the thread.

Years
Well, there's nothing wrong with asking for help, but you're not really providing enough information as to why or how to help you tvoza2. Just listing stuff you want isn't really gonna make people line up at your door and contribute to you. And perhaps you should have thought of how you are making this project before making a thread.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
It may be one line but there are ideas in there. And if it doesn't get anywhere, then oh well. Nothing you can do about it. He's posting here to see what people think and get some help for other ideas. If you don't like the idea or how he made his post then don't waste to reply to the thread.
The bold text: That's exactly what NikNaks is doing, telling him what he thinks. Good morning to constructive criticism.
This storyline (haha) of his is not at all original.
So many times have evil teams been reformed, so many times do people revamp the regions... And more than that, the gym leaders change, the terrain changes... The places are modernized...
This is more like a remake of R/S/E...

Right now it seems like, "it was my idea and I want everybody else to work on this..." People aren't going to contribute unless you yourself have done something...

I still maintain though, not getting time or not been able to work is not an excuse for a bad story line, after all that's the main idea that you're posting.

As far as the rules are concerned, even they say that the storyline must be one paragraph at least...

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
The bold text: That's exactly what NikNaks is doing, telling him what he thinks. Good morning to constructive criticism.
This storyline (haha) of his is not at all original.
So many times have evil teams been reformed, so many times do people revamp the regions... And more than that, the gym leaders change, the terrain changes... The places are modernized...
This is more like a remake of R/S/E...

Right now it seems like, "it was my idea and I want everybody else to work on this..." People aren't going to contribute unless you yourself have done something...

I still maintain though, not getting time or not been able to work is not an excuse for a bad story line, after all that's the main idea that you're posting.

As far as the rules are concerned, even they say that the storyline must be one paragraph at least...

The problem is, I CAN'T afford the programs to make the game.
I have a friend who has RPGXP, but he can't script for his life.
It's not that I want everyone else to work on it, its I want people to help create the ideas for it. And being its not finished, no one should judge originality at this point.

Years
Bottom line: if you didn't want feedback, you shouldn't have posted the thread. It's not our fault if you don't like what we're saying, but if you give us hardly anything, we'll pick it apart mercilessly. Give us lots to go on, and we're more likely to find things we like.

As for your place on a team, you can develop other skills like sprites, which you seem to be doing already. Not being able to afford programs isn't an excuse, though. The vast majority of us have found ways around that. ;)

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
Let's ignore all that... :P
So you and your friend are working on this project. Well, if he can't script, you will have to... That requires you to have a copy of the program yourself. It's not legal (and against the rules of PC) but many people here have it by unfair means themselves.
As far as scripting is concerned, I haven't used RMXP myself but I know Ruby, and I know Ruby is a very simple language. Since RGSS is based on that, expect it to be quite simple as well. Requires some practice, decent IQ, some brains, and logic. After you begin developing, you'll get the hang of it.

Help Needed!
Need-
Overworld Sprites
Hoenn Remap(Same places but Gen 4 style Graphics)
Tilesets

Unfortenatly, I can't show my maps, my computer isnt new enough to do that, if it can, idk how
Most of this stuff should be in the starter kit, and like everybody else, you can use tilesets like Kyledove's for the time being.
Remapping an already made region is not rocket science, get hold of RMXP and you can begin doing that. (does not require a good computer, look at the system requirements of RMXP)

I see you're a spriter (from your sig :P), try your hand at tilesets or OWs. Both of them should be in the kit, if I'm not wrong (just suggesting this so that your project looks unique, since most people have the same tilesets, characters, everything... and most people like originality.

When I wrote my comment earlier, I said that only because these tasks can be done by most people... And if you want a team, give people what they like, get them interested.

EDIT: You do need to work on some spelling, nobody minds what's here in the drawing board... But everybody expects minor things like this to be perfect in game and even in the thread you present your game in (showcase)
You don't want to lose on fans for these minor mistakes, do you?

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
The problem is, I CAN'T afford the programs to make the game.
I have a friend who has RPGXP, but he can't script for his life.
It's not that I want everyone else to work on it, its I want people to help create the ideas for it. And being its not finished, no one should judge originality at this point.

How do expect to make the game if you don't have anything to make it with?

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
That's why I'm asking for help.

Updating post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back