• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please don't flirt with me, you're making me uncomfortable.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Do you get uncomfortable when someone flirts with you? I can't be the only one.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm pretty much the same. When my girl(friends) muck around with me it often makes me feel really uncomfortable because the thought of having something close to intimate with them is...weird? I don't know, they're my close friends so due to that, I'm uncomfortable when they tend to get flirty just for a joke.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Flirting...? What is that word?
Untitled-1.jpg

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I am when I don't like them the same way and thus get scared of their intentions. Even when they're just flirting for the hell of it I'm not a fan of it. Whenever someone does (unless I happen to like them which I don't think has really ever happened) my mind just goes to 'oh please no don't'.

Also there is a fine line between flirting and complimenting on the same thing multiple times and telling me that I'm trying not to blush.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Depends on various things such as howhottheyare/10, if I like them back, how they're going about it, where, if it's in private or around people, etc. Shallow but ehh. Generally I don't mind, and I'd probably do it back because hey, I'm a 17 year old male.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yes, I get extremely uncomfortable. I feel obligated to flirt back or hurt their feelings, and even if I do like them back the thought of flirting makes me feel weird, like I'm doing it wrong. It's something I have to work on though, if I'm ever gonna get me a man :P

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I don't like it at all : | especially from co-workers. They somehow see my general friendliness as an invitation to flirt and it's so awkward because I can't exactly be knockdown-rude in a work environment, so I have to try and find other ways to signal that I don't appreciate it.

>_> They all know I have a bf too wtf. I'm not gonna leave him.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I enjoy it, it's just good natured fun haha. I don't tend to flirt much unless someone flirts with me first, but I find it pretty enjoyable. It's a good confidence boost and as long as both people are clear on the intentions of the flirting, it's a lot of fun :D

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I think it depends on the situation really. If it's mutual, I don't mind, but I hate random unsolicited flirtation. It's so awkward! Just because I'm shopping and I happen to be nice and say "How are you doing?" it is not a freaking invitation! It's like, just leave me alone.... >_>

Honest

Hi!
Years
I don't mind it, it's usually for fun. And I might just first back, again, for fun.

I can almost never be the first, though, it's weird. If it's someone I don't know I'm always worried they'd freak out and yell at me or something. Blame my girl friends and their dislike for flirting.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It honestly depends. I'm indifferent towards flirting normally, but if they push it, that's when I get uncomfortable.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Absolutely, especially if it's someone I don't like or dislike with every fibre of my being. If I want to get to know or ask someone out I'm not going to hint at it with subtle come-ons, I'm just going to do it and I'd prefer if that's how they approach the situation as well.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I get very uncomfortable with it because people/friends can take the mick out of you if they are watching. Or, people encourage you which makes it even more uncomfortable, because it just puts too much pressure on you. If it were private/quiet enough, and if I liked the girl, I wouldn't mind it at all.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Most people avoid me actually. :l
The few people that don't always get on me about being "intimidating"....

Edit: I meant intimidating in a "Look at me and i'll deck" you kinda way.

Last edited:

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I don't mind it, tbh. I'm pretty much a flirt myself. It's actually funny to watch. I don't know, it depends.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I get uncomfortable, but I just deal with it. If they do it i'll flirt back for a bit, and mostly I don't even see them around again. Thats how I try not to make situations awkward. Its fun though, when it isn't awkward.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The only times people have really flirted with me have been in a joke-y way. So I feel the need to jokingly flirt with them back. It's innocent enough, so there's no real harm done. If anyone were to flirt with me for real, however, I don't know how I'd react. I'd probably assume they were being like my friends and being all jokey, so I'd probably reciprocate in kind, but I'd like to think I'd be able to tell real flirting from joke-y flirting. In short, I honestly have no idea how I'd react.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The only time I've been happy with flirting was with my current boyfriend before we started dating, because obviously I was attracted to him. Other than that, flirting makes me uncomfortable because I don't know how to reply to it. I don't want to flirt back with someone and make it seem like I want something romantic out our friendship. I don't want to be serious and like "NO DON'T FLIRT YOU TERRIBLE PERSON >:|" because I don't want to make them feel awkward or bad about themselves. So I kind of half laugh and smile awkwardly and try to change the subject lol.

Back