• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What did you name yourself,your rival and your pokemon?Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Me: Will, because I am Will

Rival: Kaidan. In honor of my buddy Kaidan from Mass Effect. I don't know why otherwise..

I didn't name my Pokemon on my first playthrough

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Myself: Niki
Rival: Ralph
I always name my characters after myself. I feel it is more immersive that way.
I'll always name my rivals (if given the option to) after what I think they "look" like. While he does look like a Hugh, I also find he looks a lot like a Ralph. Thus his name.
I always give my Pokemon various nicknames, usually names on a whim.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I named myself Dominic, because that's what I always name myself.
I named my rival Niklaus, because I wanted Nick to be in there somewhere, and I wanted it to be the full amount of characters names can be.
I didn't name my Pokémon anything.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Named myself 60, named my rival 70. I'm like at the point where I'm so out of names that I'm using numbers. At least at didn't name myself as a single letter *cough*N*cough*. :P

Oh and I don't nickname my Pokemon.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Myself: Yami (as always)
Rival: Hyu (I'm fond of his default name =D)
And I don't nickname my Pokémon beside those with Hidden abilities who I nickname Hname (just to get nicknaming medal I guess).

Years
My Name: Zero

I've always done that, personally I find it cool and do not care what other people think.

Rival Name: Shadow

Hugh looks a little dark so I figured Shadow? It makes sense to me *shrugs*

I don't nickname my Pokemon.

Years
My name: Blue (cuz the first pokemon game I played was blue version.)
Rival name: POOP (cuz it makes me laugh really hard. I'm immature.)
I don't nickname my pokemon but when I do, they are really funny names.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I named Myself Shiro, because my white character was named White
and Hugh is his Default/official name so I went with that
anyone else think that the default names in BW were Terrible?

Victini

I named myself "Tini"... yes, just like that, quotation marks and everything. X//D;

My rival is named Lemon. A very good friend of mine is nicknamed that, and we're both silly and competitive at times. So I thought it'd be funny to name him that. >w<

As for my Pokemon's names... my current team is pretty youthful, but it consists of :

Claym0r3 - He's named after the sword of the same name. Ironically he's Brave nature... thus, minus Speed. And yet he's "Proud of it's power" which indicates there is a high Attack IV present. Claymores are known for being very powerful, but their strike rate is very slow as they are two-handed weapons.
Awesome call on his name I'd say. <33

guava - He is named out of complete random. While I was trying to think of a name for him, my friend mentioned something off-topic about guavas.
And thus... it stuck... :/3;

RiNEST0NE - She's a random name too. ;//w//; First word to come to mind when I saw her.

foolsgold★ - ... I kinda thought of how people could mistake it's evolved form's tomb for maybe having a lot of valuables within it ; if the coffin itself wasn't deemed valuable that is. And then I thought, "W-well, they'd be a fool to try to check the casket of a Confagrigus..." .. and thus, foolsgold was born. .w.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
Alvin and Hugh, because I'm unoriginal and don't know what to name the rival.

Lucario9129

E=MC2. Time isn't real!
Years
I named myself: Lucario (Because I'm crazy about him/her)
My rival: Mew (Lucario and The Mystery of Mew)

My poke'mon:
Lucario: Ghost (I like to think when I die I will become Lucario, so ghost it is!)
Zoroark: Ooze (Something blood does!)
Haxorus: Silver (Silver, my second favorite color!)
Umbreon: Cat (A cat, of course!)
Charizard: Saphira (The dragon's name in the Eragon movie!)
Gengar: Midnight (I think it just matches!)

All of these are my future names. I don't have the game yet, not until Thursday, yet I already know what I want all these names and Poke'mon to be! Comment on my names if you'd like through a private message. You know, that way we don't spam up this thread with comments!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Myself: Parker ♂
Rival: Hugh
Pokemon:
Emboar -> Gan ♂ [wonder where that's from? Not my Zelda obsession..]
Lilligant -> Minuet ♀ [a type of song]
Jellicent -> Nixie ♀ [female water spirits]
Flygon -> Toph ♀ [female Earthbender from Avatar.. haha]
Lucario -> Ryker ♂ [it's a name meaning "strong power" but I don't know where I got it from, lol]

Zoroark, unfortunately, stayed the same.

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
I named my self Courtny which is my real name minus an e, because of the 7 char limit. Rival is named Dale because i know a man called Hugh so it ruined that for me.
I nickname about 90% of my pokemon unless I don't like it/feeling uncreative.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm Forever in-game! n_n My rival is Nick, because Nick aka Patchisou Yuhtohru was obsessed with the rival, therefore he is automatically the name of my rival, in tribute to him. As for my Pokemon, they are skylight - Emboar, Leaf Blade (Leaf Blade used Leaf Blade!) - Leavanny, Thunder - Ampharos, Stamps - Swoobat, Pranking - Liepard and Keen - Pelipper that Surfs until I get Lapras (yes, Lapras* is gunna be mine!!). I like to give them relevant nicknames other than my Emboar lool.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
My OT is Sagan and my rival is named Higgs, both after 2 idols of mine. My Pokemon were nicknamed after PC friends, a tradition we have going within Trade Corner with every ones games. :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
For my Japanese White 2 playthrough, my OT's the same as my real name -- Jason. The rival's name is Andy. I didn't nickname my Pokemon at all. 50555 ID Number!

For my planned Black 2 playthrough, my OT's the same with the White 2 one. Maybe I'll call the rival Hugh, the same as his official name. And I won't nickname my Pokemon at all.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
PC: Miffy
Rival: Sooty

Childrens characters! I tend to do that.

I named the Porygon and Venipede I traded in from White (both at level 1) Zappy and Scarf respectively (no, the former will not end up with any Electric moves; but the latter may carry a Choice Scarf and the name is indeed a reference to that item, considering Scolipede's speed), but haven't yet thought of names for team members I've captured within Black 2. Indeed I have this odd habit of only nicknaming a few monsters.

PkmTrainer

Drain Punch
Years
Myself : Levy, my favorite female Fairy Tail character.
Rival: Gajeel, my favorite male Fairy Tail character.

Lucario: AuraKing
Gliscor: SkyQueen
Roggenrola: StoneKing
Lapras: FrostQueen
Houndour; FlameKing
Pichu: SurgeQueen

I've recently gotten back into Air Gear so the whole king & queen thing is because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back