• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☣ Toxic ☣ - The Poison Type Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
So with a topic like this certain questions have to be asked:

garbodor.jpg

Garbodor: Mildly cute or hopeless?

Well....its all up to preference really. I think Grimer and Muk are cute(and we all know there are people with other thoughts). Me personally....I think Garbodor is kinda disturbing to look at at first. Trubish is kind cute but..Garbodor imho just looks...wrong. I dont hate it, its just not my particular kinda pokemon =/.

Emphasis on one man's trash is another man's treasure on this one.

Years
Name: Regeneration
Partner Pokemon: Roselia

So I assume we're all discussing about Garbodor? Don't get me wrong but I really don't like it. It's like the designers ran out of all ideas. No surprise with so many Pokemon now. >_> Like the user above said, I'd prefer Muk/ Grimer over it any day.

CourageHound

Years
Name: Regeneration
Partner Pokemon: Roselia

So I assume we're all discussing about Garbodor? Don't get me wrong but I really don't like it. It's like the designers ran out of all ideas. No surprise with so many Pokemon now. >_> Like the user above said, I'd prefer Muk/ Grimer over it any day.

Meh I wouldnt say they ran out of ideas...I'd just say they took somewhat of an unorthodox approach in a potentially great idea(referring to garbodor).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It's like the designers ran out of all ideas. No surprise with so many Pokemon now. >_> Like the user above said, I'd prefer Muk/ Grimer over it any day.
Cannot agree enough haha. I have no idea what they could've been thinking when they introduced that heap of trash but I wish they'd thought about it more. The concept of a garbage bag Pokémon isn't that bad (though it didn't have to be so incredibly obvious), but it's like they literally just took a garbage bag and gave it some eyes. Trubbish is a little cute I have to admit, but they aren't by any means Pokémon that I'd say I like haha. Poor things!

(Also sorry about slowness, members list will be updated now!)

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
If they simply ran out of ideas, there wouldn't be any more Pokemon, period. Now I think I'm starting to understand why some people get annoyed with that phrase. Granted, they're probably defending the franchise. I'm just being pendantic about the usage.

If anyone's gotta complain about the designs, at least say they appear to be reaching. You can defend your reasons from that standpoint. And even then, who's to say that Grimer and Magnemite weren't already a stretch when they came up with them?

The only objective thing I can say about most modern Pokemon is that their designs got more complex. It's up to you to decide whether that's good or bad, and your point of view probably reflects your personailty or profession.

[stuff about poison Pokemon]

CourageHound

Years
Yea...that aside Garbodor is just one of those pokemon that just seemed to immediately turn A LOT of people off at first sight.

Despite what people say I always stand by Muk =/= Garbodor. But even so, I dont think I got the right to judge the poor thing.(although its anime apearences were pretty creepy)

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Eh sure why not, I do love Poison types.

Name: EJ
Partner: Stunky

I'm okay with Garbodor after I read somewhere probably Bulbapedia that it seems to be indirectly related to Muk and Weezing. They're all two stage poison types based on pollution

Muk: sludge/water pollution
Weezing: smog/air pollution
Garbodor: trash/land pollution.

Years
If they simply ran out of ideas, there wouldn't be any more Pokemon, period.
No, when you start running out of ideas, you tend to come up with random filler stuff. And that is what they look like to me. And considering that I don't really like any of the new Pokemon much, that probably how I'm gonna be for the rest of my life. :p

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
No, when you start running out of ideas, you tend to come up with random filler stuff. And that is what they look like to me. And considering that I don't really like any of the new Pokemon much, that probably how I'm gonna be for the rest of my life. :p

Oh please please please let this not turn into a gen war. I do so despise gen wars...

I think we've expounded upon Garbodor as much as we can. It may be high time for a new topic. Am I allowed to suggest one or do we need Ozzy for that?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think we've expounded upon Garbodor as much as we can. It may be high time for a new topic. Am I allowed to suggest one or do we need Ozzy for that?
Feel free to change it whenever you like, it's your club as much as mine so discuss anything & everything you want. :D

So is Stunky's face supposed to resemble a butt...? I wonder if this was an intentional design choice or not considering no other Pokémon has any hint of features like that, whereas Stunky has it right on his face, but it'd fit the Pokémon pretty well. I think that's the main reason I've never liked Stunky tbh, that one factor puts me off the whole Pokémon haha. What do you guys think about it?

434.png

CourageHound

Years
Feel free to change it whenever you like, it's your club as much as mine so discuss anything & everything you want. :D

So is Stunky's face supposed to resemble a butt...? I wonder if this was an intentional design choice or not considering no other Pokémon has any hint of features like that, whereas Stunky has it right on his face, but it'd fit the Pokémon pretty well. I think that's the main reason I've never liked Stunky tbh, that one factor puts me off the whole Pokémon haha. What do you guys think about it?

434.png

I think stunky is super adorable :D

I dont remember who it was but somebody posted some stunky pics a few or several pages back when the topic was to post pics of your favorite poison types. Stunky's got it all; sick type combo, dehilitaing cuteness and a decent movepool to get things done.

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
To becompletely honest I never saw the resemblance until it was brought up here, but now I can't UNsee it. Just like Castform and Magmar. I doubt it was intentional, but at the same time I keep hearing fart noises in it and Skuntank's cries... so maybe? I'd rather not think it was, because that is pretty low. Digimon has enough toilet humour, I don't need any in my Pokémon, thanks.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
Name: Google 2.0
Partner Pokemon: Venomoth
Answer the current topic! I hope it´s about stunky because Stunky is adorable. Granted his face does look like a butt, but i find him still very adorable.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I honestly don't understand all the hype around Stunky, so many people seem to find him utterly adorable but to me he just seems to be some weird smelly foul creature with an unfortunate design and lacking in any kind of niche compared to the majority of other Poison types. The Dark typing giving a resistance to Psychic is a wonderful trait, but I don't see him having much use other than that - am I just missing something obvious? The main reason I love Poison types so much is due to their huge diversity compared to other types with designs, concepts and just general usage, but Stunky just seems like a run-of-the-mill Pokémon to me, I'm yet to see anything special about it! If anyone wants to show me otherwise I'd be very grateful :D

Also welcome, Google! Lovely to have you here. What got you interested in Poison types and what make you choose Venomoth as your partner? :D

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Name: synerjee

Partner Pokemon: Sora the Crobat

Answer the current topic: Stunky? Hmm..I don't find it adorable as the others seem to do (high five, Ozzy! xD), but I don't find it ugly either. It's a so-so for me. Now that you've mentioned that its face looks like a butt, I can't unsee it. @@ Ahahaha.

Leonknight

Merc Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
Name: Leonknight

Partner Pokemon: TwoFace the Weezing

Current Topic: Skunks...I don't care what anyone says they are cute...smelly...but cute! so Stunky gets my vote for cute, and also its always fun to call them buttface as a nickname xD

PS. I think trivia question maybe wrong, cause Acid is the only poison move in which a certain generation cannot learn, and that would be generation IV

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Haha yes Stunky's face does resemble a butt somewhat.... but I can see what you're getting at Ozzy :3. I think the first time I saw its design, I flinched thinking it was one of the most awful creatures I'd ever seen in existence, but I think why most people like it is because it's one of those smallish Pokemon? I don't know if that makes sense at all but most people think Pokemon that are tiny are adorable. Also it is a NFE Pokemon so that might be also where the fondness of it is coming from, but I really don't know. There's this spark about it for me, it has this great, useful typing and looking at it closer something struck me. It looked adorable, alright I'm going to admit those eyes still creep all of the daylights out of me, but...I can't explain what is so good about it. :(

Really it's one of those things I can't put into words. I think I liked it eventually, after admiring how powerful and great skunks were. Skunks are foul and filthy, but honestly appearance wise they actually look adorable. :3. Never judge a Pokemon by its looks :D. Also do I need to fill out another sign-up form seeing as my old account was already a member? XD

Last edited:
Years

434.png

I like the look of skunks, they may be smelly but I was always fond of their looks. Must have been a result of watching old Looney Tunes cartoons and its famous love-stricken skunk Pepe Le Pew. When I first saw Stunky, I so wanted to use this thing on my team when I eventually get Diamond & Pearl (well, it's a Diamond exclusive so I had to trade in order to use one on my main 4th Gen games) and I have to say it's not all that bad of a Pokemon. Decent stats, and a good defensive typing leaving it with just a weakness to Ground makes it handy to have on a team.

Also, unlike most Poison Pokemon, it can't be damaged by Psychic, which is usually considered the main threat towards Poison-types. Look at those eyes... and its color scheme definitely screams a Poison-type Pokemon. It quickly became a favorite of mine among 4th Gen Pokemon, and still remains a favorite.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Now as I see it, Stunky does look kinda adorable. It does have a certain charm, and its typing gives it a big advantage, especially over Psychic-types. Hmm.. I might actually consider giving it a chance on my teams if I actually find it in the newer games later on. As they say, never judge a Pokemon by its looks!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm really sorry guys but this club either needs a new owner or to be closed, I've grown to really dislike Poison types in the past few months so it's getting quite hard to want to talk about them haha. I basically just realised that they're not all as unique as I first thought and basically there's not really anything special about them at all compared to types like Flying or Bug which hold so much diversity, so my love has died a little. That's just my opinion though so we can all discuss & debate it after! But for now, if any one wishes to take over just send me a message, if not I'll close it soon for someone to remake it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back