• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Action replay users: Why do you use it?

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I use it on the fourth gen and earlier games for extra TMs. There's a code for R/S/E that duplicates any item you use so you never run out, and that's the easiest way to do it. For DPPt, I just add extra TMs to my bag as I need them. I do that because I like to use lots of different pokemon through the course of a game, and there's no way that I can pick just one to get a TM move.

Since TMs are reusable in fifth gen, I don't need to do that any more so I stopped. Then I ran across the show IVs/EVs codes, which are great (I used to use an IV calculator to try to figure out IVs), so I've started using it again for that.

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I use it to experiment with various codes and that's it. I don't use it to cheat.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I use it for cloning, checking IVS, etc. I also use it to walk through objects, just for fun (particularly if you're on a new save file and can obtain DPBox).

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
I've only ever used it for getting unlimited items/potions. I used to use it a lot a long time ago but now I kind of see it as cheating. I would only use it after I completed the elite four and everything else. (Not saying that people shouldn't use it, just I don't enjoy using it in my game anymore)

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I use it to get events that aren't available anymore, see an egg's contents and to level up faster for evolutions. I don't trade or go online with hacked Pokemon. It ruins the fun.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I've only used it once and that was in my Pearl game.

My brother's friend used it to give me some hacked shinies that I kept for Pokedex purposes and to get event Pokemon like Shaymin.

Otherwise I don't like to use hacks and cheats because I like to play the game normally.

Back