• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Will you be using any of the new Pokémon on your team?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think its too soon still for me to decide who is going to be on my team especially since I liked every Pokemon that was announced so far! They're definitely all on my list of potentials though so we'll what other Pokemon are announced before I start trying to decide. If anything I'll play the game like I did last gen and not really go in with a team in mind and just develop a team while I play.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 29, 2020
I'm planning on using Corviknight, and- if it's catchable in the region- Dhelmise.
4 more spots waiting to be filled.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
Grookey's final evolution's typing will influence who else gets onto my team as I usually want to avoid too much overlap. That rules out Gossifleur already. And though Wooloo is cuteness itself, I don't usually have a permanent Normal type on my team.

I do plan on only using new Galar pokemon or Galarian forms, but I think it's too early to commit to anything other than my starter just yet.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
One of the three starters (I still can't decide I love them all >.<) and probably Corvinight. Additionally, if there turns out to be a corgi Pokemon, then no hesitation, it's coming on the team. 😍

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Like others have said, it's too soon to decide. The final starter evos will definitely play part in how I'll shape my team, as will other evos and what other pokémon are available.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I'm definitely going to use some of the new Pokemon. For now, I'm thinking of something like this:
-The starter
-Corviknight
-Eldegoss (unless I end up picking Grookey)
-Drednaw (unless I end up picking Sobble)

Not sure about the other team members. Maybe my final team will only have new Pokemon and new forms of old Pokemon like my Pokemon Moon team, but I could throw in some Pokemon from previous generations.

Last edited:

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
So far I have only my starters decided, Scorbunny for Sword, Sobble for Shield and my wife is picking Grooky her first run on Shield. Other than that, While my wife definetly will be, I'll probably use a Corviknight.

Besides that I have no idea. After E3 I'm basically going to dissapear from the internet to try and not spoil all of the new Pokemon or much of anything else. Only thing I'll keep an eye out for is the final evolution of the starters but besides that I'm going in more or less blind and building my team as I play ^^ but I hope for an accessible Dragon Type somewhere around the 5th badge so I have the time to train it for the E4 ^^

MargatroidCA

Puppeteer of the Hail
Years
Corviknight looks pretty lit, I can definitely see myself having one somewhere on my team. I think it would go well with Scorbunny as my (potential) starter too.

We'll just have to wait and see though. :)

Years
Corviknight is pretty cool and I love Drednaw! Problem with Drednaw is that I'm picking Sobble, so I decided to get both versions and the one with Grookey I decided to have him there 😂

blue

gucci
Years
i'll be using gossifleur for my grass-type since i'm already set on choosing either sobble or scorbunny for my starter.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 18, 2020
Yes!! New Pokémon! I will mostly add new pokemons to my team or maybe a whole new gen 8 pokemon team :O I'm already thinking about adding gossifluer to my team!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I may catch as I go, and switch out teammates as my journey goes along, so there's a good chance that Wooloo and Eldegoss will be on my team at least for some period of time. Whether or not they make it to endgame is a whole other matter that I likely won't know the answer to until I'm actually there.

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Yes! I'm hella having bitey boy on my team. Pokemon that are "relatively difficult to tame" are just my aesthetic!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
On my first playthrough of new games, I only use new Pokemon. I don't think that'll change anytime soon. Corvinight is definitely on my list.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
with new regions, i always use a full team of new pokemon on my first playthrough. right now, i have no definite party members aside from my starter which is probably gonna be the bun bun........unless final stage bun bun is ugly then pass

Last edited:
Back