• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you bother to catch Regigigas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
486.gif

Did you catch the colossal Regigigas found in Snowpoint temple? Was it worth it? Did you use it, or did you throw it in the PC to rot like most of your legendary Pokemon? Discuss!​

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Well, I sadly didn't have a copy of Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald to use, so what did I do?

Ask a really kind friend of mine to lend me his copy and Pokemon. He gave me the 3 Regis (along with a Rayquaza), and let me capture Regigigas (first I had to conquer Ice Path v2.0)...sadly, that darned Slow Start stopped me from using Regigigas, if it didn't have that ability, it would have easily been my 2nd strongest Pokemon in my team.

Years
I didn't even bother looking for him. I don't like 4th Gen Legends that much, and I only aim for favorites in this game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, I've caught him when I've had the opportunity so...twice. Once in Diamond when I happened to have the Regis from Emerald, and once in Platinum because I got the event Regigigas off a kind soul on this site.
But yeah, he gets left to rot. I'm kinda tempted to use the level 1 one as a "Starter" or something in Diamond next time through, but I don't like using pokémon outside of my regional pokédex pre-E4 because I'm ocd like that :/

Years
If I remember correctly, I rented the Regis from another member on PC via wi-fi to get Regigigas, but then I didn't use him.

To be fair it made sense at the time because he & Arceus were the only D/P/Pt legendaries I didn't have so it was a step towards completing that checklist. I never got Arceus though so that was a bit pointless I guess.

If I played through the games again I wouldn't bother, I dislike all the Regis really though Regigigas is much nicer than the others.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I caught him in 4th and 5th gen. It sucks that slow start ability. YOu would likely need to pair him with someone who can use Skill Swap or something

Years
I only managed to catch two of the other Regis on my Sapphire, so even if I had transferred them over, I still wouldn't have been able to catch Regigigas anyway. Plus, it was very low on my priority list, since I wasn't really trying to complete the Pokedex on my Platinum.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Yeah, I got the event one with pressure which pwned everything with crush grip. I caught the level 1 too but never did anything. Though Haydunn used a regigigas which had slow start which still saved him from a wi-fi battle.

Sirfetch’d

I caught it, but I didn't use it because it was so ugly and has a horrid ability :(

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Uh, I never had the chance to insert my Ruby on a DS to shift in Regigigigigigigigigi... Oh no, gas!
Well, yes, I hate the fact with this neverending loop of Regigigas for Regis and Regis for 'gigas.
If I had the chance, I'd slot n rot him in the PC as per my no-legendaries rule.

Reactions: T!M
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My friend loaned me his regi's; I caught regigigas simply as a PC trophy, for completion.
That's pretty much how it went with me too haha. I used my regi's from Sapphire and caught Regigigas as a dex filler/trophy, but I never intend to use him. I don't like using legendary Pokémon full stop, but having such a hindering ability and uninteresting set of moves makes Regigigas a very unappealing choice to me. It's a shame, I adore the original trio but their 'boss' is a big let down.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
First of all, it's insanely hard to get, with all those GBA games, two of which I didn't have, already making me wary. But with slow start, who the hell would use it? Plus it's at Level 1 so I wouldn't even bother.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Nope, didn't bother to go for Regigigas at all, actually, because I didn't feel like transferring the 3 Regis from Sapphire or Emerald.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Why not catch Regigigas? Yeah it has its Slow Start ability, but it could be worse... *cough*Traunt*cough* I used to think Regigigas was the coolest thing way back when.
I plan on catching one in my current game in Diamond, as soon as I get the Regis in Emerald and transfer them. I need it for my B2 Pokédex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back