• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
Zootster, I found one workaround for the bicycle error, it might probably be only on emerald, but i tried activating "show city names" below the map name, and i could use my bicycle, if all the other options are also correctly input.

cheers...

Years
What program are you using? If it's photoshop, there is a post by HackMew maybe 3-4 pages back that tells you how to set the first colour.

Usually in other programs there is an menu option to see the colour table before saving the file. Then you just switch another colour in the palette with the first colour, then save.

I'm using IrfanView at the moment. When I open the palette editor I am able to swap colors (manually, by editing the red/blue/green values). However, this way the colors are swapped in the tileset too. As far as I know, I can't change that (yet) :surprised:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I'm using IrfanView at the moment. When I open the palette editor I am able to swap colors (manually, by editing the red/blue/green values). However, this way the colors are swapped in the tileset too. As far as I know, I can't change that (yet) :surprised:
If I understand this correctly, just copy the image of your tileset-before and paste it onto your tileset-after.

Years
Thank you, that worked.

I already tried that before, but then it didn't work because I saved the tileset as a new file. However, the new file would get unindexed and that was the problem.... Saving the tileset in the same file lets the file stay indexed.

Well, not very important anymore: it just works :-)

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
Okay, I'm just wondering how to fix this problem, in fire red, the hero overlaps every tile, even "top" tiles. I tried switching roms but every time it does this I get this glitch, I even tried switching to different computers and emulators, same thing :(

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Matteron (96)- Have you tried changing the Options/Video/Render in VBA or other emulators?

Question:
I have a very, very nub question for hacking the ol' Pokemon Gameboy Colour Gold Version. I want to use a hex editor (I use WindHex32, if it matters) to change the Pokemon available in the Goldenrod/Celadon Game Corners, and the Pokemon given out by Bill and the dude with the Shuckle on Olivine if possible at all.

I know almost nothing about hacking. I've only used a hex editor ONCE to try out the level-up tutorial for Pokemon GS and unlock Safari Zone. I cannot locate any offsets/values/pointers or whatever they're called for the Game Corner Pokemon.

I was hoping to change Abra, Sandshrew (was it?) and Dratini to Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos, and change the number of coins required for each to 5000. How is the data layed out and is it within my experience to be able to change them?

I've had a look through every tutorial available on the Internet over the past week. I went onto Pokemon Community and found some useful ones, but not what I need. So I joined up here, because people seem nice xD I want to use GBC Gold with Meboy (within 1 megabyte limit), but as you know, many emulators cannot trade so I want to make every Pokemon available, but I don't want to put Legendaries in the wild.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Okay, I'm just wondering how to fix this problem, in fire red, the hero overlaps every tile, even "top" tiles. I tried switching roms but every time it does this I get this glitch, I even tried switching to different computers and emulators, same thing :(
The tile's behaiviour is set to Block is covered by hero, perhaps?

Years

That's because you're using a higher movement permission, such as 10, or 14. Instead, just use, if it was Floor 1 Steps Floor 2, C 0 C. That spells something disturbing, but still. I don't know how to fix it, mind. ):

School days again...
Years
Is it possible to insert a tile with more than 16 palettes in different way? Like dividing the tile into pieces then get the palette, and then insert it to Advance Map? To be specific, to have a tile in a game with more than 16 colors. Is it POSSIBLE?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Is it possible to insert a tile with more than 16 palettes in different way? Like dividing the tile into pieces then get the palette, and then insert it to Advance Map? To be specific, to have a tile in a game with more than 16 colors. Is it POSSIBLE?
That's one busy tile...
Anyway, here's how I'd do it:
  • Divide the tile into 2 pieces
  • Make a pallete with 15+1 colors
  • Insert the first piece in the lower tile
  • Make a second pallete with 15+1 colors
  • Insert the second piece in the upper tile
  • set the behaviour to Block is covered by hero

firestormx19

i'm never loging in again.
Years
  • Age 35
  • hell
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
scripts for after the elite four and other stuff

hi. im not new to hacking roms or anything but i'm having some trouble with makeing some scripts for my ruby hack. i'm using poket script as my script editor or whatever. i use it because it much easyer for me then the other ones. ok on to my problem hope someone can help. i want to make a script that will work after the elite four. i made a new gym. so i want pof.butch or whatever his name is to come in my room and tell me the new gym is open and then leave. but i don't know what the checkflag is for something to happen after the elite four. could someone write out my script and i only wanted to happen once. this is pretty much all i need to be done for now for my hack. also the sappy or whatever it was called can i use that to add pokemon diamond, pearl or platinum music in to my ruby hack? if anybody could help. i be very happy. sorry if any of the questions are asked already. but there like 564 or so posts and only get to like 10 or so and i tryed just searching for scripts for after the elite four but couldn't find anything. sorry if i spelled somethings wrong

Years
I've got quite a strange problem. I'm hacking Emerald, and on several occasions I've had to restart entirely. One thing is, when I resize a map (with the Map Dimensions boxes under Map Header in A-Map), it appears that other, random maps are getting wiped clean, or deleted entirely. This has happened to me every time I start from a clean Rom (downloaded another one today just to be sure, and the same thing happens). I mean, if I change the dimensions (to make the map either bigger, OR smaller), certain maps get wiped or deleted regardless. Wiped, meaning the solid black vile covers almost the whole thing. When I change the dimensions, it asks me if I want to save changes. Naturally, I click yes. Then, I double-click Oldale, and get an error message saying "Invalid Pointer to Map Footer". I would imagine that this has something to do with how much free space Emerald has, but.. If someone could tell me what's actually happening, I'd appreciate it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Do you have the latest version of Advance Map? I thought I read somewhere that resizing the maps was a huge bug in an earlier version of Advance Map.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
hi. im not new to hacking roms or anything but i'm having some trouble with makeing some scripts for my ruby hack. i'm using poket script as my script editor or whatever. i use it because it much easyer for me then the other ones. ok on to my problem hope someone can help. i want to make a script that will work after the elite four. i made a new gym. so i want pof.butch or whatever his name is to come in my room and tell me the new gym is open and then leave. but i don't know what the checkflag is for something to happen after the elite four. could someone write out my script and i only wanted to happen once. this is pretty much all i need to be done for now for my hack. also the sappy or whatever it was called can i use that to add pokemon diamond, pearl or platinum music in to my ruby hack? if anybody could help. i be very happy. sorry if any of the questions are asked already. but there like 564 or so posts and only get to like 10 or so and i tryed just searching for scripts for after the elite four but couldn't find anything. sorry if i spelled somethings wrong

sorry but requesting scripts isn't allowed here, however, you can add a flag on the script of the champion after you defeated him. That'll be the flag you'll need to check when you get warped back home.

I've got quite a strange problem. I'm hacking Emerald, and on several occasions I've had to restart entirely. One thing is, when I resize a map (with the Map Dimensions boxes under Map Header in A-Map), it appears that other, random maps are getting wiped clean, or deleted entirely. This has happened to me every time I start from a clean Rom (downloaded another one today just to be sure, and the same thing happens). I mean, if I change the dimensions (to make the map either bigger, OR smaller), certain maps get wiped or deleted regardless. Wiped, meaning the solid black vile covers almost the whole thing. When I change the dimensions, it asks me if I want to save changes. Naturally, I click yes. Then, I double-click Oldale, and get an error message saying "Invalid Pointer to Map Footer". I would imagine that this has something to do with how much free space Emerald has, but.. If someone could tell me what's actually happening, I'd appreciate it.

As icychill66 said, it may be because you're using an older version of Advance Map. Try and download the latest one available in LU-HO's thread in the toolbox section.

Maco

learning the ropes...
Years
I'm having some trouble getting my own tiles into FireRed using AdvanceMap. I think it's two separate problems:

1. When I use the "load current palette from file" option, some colours don't show up, and the whole palette's colours get swapped around everywhere. This means my transparent colour and colour zones are all messed up.
    A pic of the palette in Photoshop and the resulting palette in AdvanceMap (all colours are RGB multiples of 8):
    Spoiler:

After the 6 random dark colours, the colours that show are in order, but the brown and grey colours after that point are missing.

2. Manually editing the A-Map palette to match the one in Photoshop still doesn't show the new tile set correctly.
    What the tiles should look like, and the A-Map view of them:
    Spoiler:

I know the tiles are there, because some different palettes reveals them, but with bad colours:
    Spoiler:

I've searched through various threads and guides, no solution. All guides I've found only cover editing existing tiles, not inserting new ones. If I can figure this out I might make a guide of my own, noob-friendly ;).
Thanks in advance.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
That's because you're using a higher movement permission, such as 10, or 14. Instead, just use, if it was Floor 1 Steps Floor 2, C 0 C. That spells something disturbing, but still. I don't know how to fix it, mind. ):

Actually, the top layer of blocks with a movement permission of 0x14 will be shown over the player. But yes, 0x10 will make the top layer appear as though it were underneath the player. I believe that it alternates every 0x4, meaning that 0xC, 0x14, 0x18, etc. will all act like 0xC and 0x10, 0x18, 0x20, etc. will all act like 0x10, except that you can't move freely between them unless there's a 0x0 block.

No because there's no reason for that ;)
Everyone can find it by themselves.

Actually, you can find one here.

Technically yes, but for all intents and purposes, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back