• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry [Harry Potter Club] * NEW ASSIGNMENT: POST #48 *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Which is your favourite character in the harry potter series?

I'd have to say hagrid and Luna lovegood (going based on movies). Hagrid is that kind of guy that everyone likes. Luna is just so chill about everything and kinda weird that I like.

Years
I, Draskk , hereby accept the invitation to join Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Preferred House: Hufflepuff (cause Pottermore test)
Are you interested in becoming a Head of House: Nah

Favorite character: Hm i dont know exactly but some of my favs are Hagrid, Dumbledore, Snape, and Harry

Favorite Book: The goblet of fire

Favorite Movie: Havent seen alot of them But Order of the Phoenix was pretty good

Etherion

Which is your favourite character in the harry potter series?

Luna! She's my bae ^^

Years
My favorite character is also Luna :P I absolutely love her eccentricity. Her portrayal in the films was awesome :)

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Apologies for my absence over the past few days; I've been finishing up with my final assessments but I'm all done now! I'll be selecting the Heads of House in a couple days and then hopefully kicking off our first event soon too 8)

Preferred House: Gryffindor or hufflepuff (what I got sorted in on pottermore)

Choose one of them and I'll put you in! :P haha. Up to you which one you want to go in!

Favourite Book- Didn't really read the books. Planning on buying them and reading them though

Definitely read the books! I only read the books when I was like 17, and although I was disappointed in myself for not reading them earlier, I still really enjoyed them and found them quite fun to read.

Which is your favourite Harry Potter film?-None. I don't like the way the movies have gone. There are parts that I like in each movie. But on the whole I just don't like the harry potter movies.

What particular do you not like about the movies? Is it the casting, the translation from page to screen, the plot, the way it's directed? Interested to hear! (:

Who is your favourite character in the Harry Potter series?

I'm actually quite torn and I think my favourite changes all the time, but I think atm I'd go with Lupin. I really liked his character, particularly in the books, since he was so caring and dependable for Harry. Snape is probably my second favourite because of the complexity of his character and everything he does. I also really liked his portrayal in the films as well.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
Years
I didn't read Harry Potter until I was 14, lol. I only got the Philosopher's Stone because that version is hard to find in my country, usually it's called Sorcerer's Stone.
Weird reason I know, but I eventually read it and surprisingly enjoyed it. It was a lot more light hearted than I expected and remains my favorite Harry Potter boo

But I can't stand Deathly Hallows at all and still haven't watched the final movie because
Spoiler:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I, Quajutsu, hereby accept the invitation to join Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Preferred House: Gryffindor
Are you interested in becoming a Head of House? Yes

Favorite Character: Hard to choose, but I like Snape, Luna, Seamus, and Sirius

Favorite Book: I still haven't read them all :X

Favorite Movie: Deathly Hallows Part 2

Years
What particular do you not like about the movies? Is it the casting, the translation from page to screen, the plot, the way it's directed? Interested to hear! (:

Except the casting and directing(i won't comment anything about directing.) the other things disappoint me.I know I am not being realistic but I seriously don't think the movies live up to the standard of the books.I know that it is not possible to completely depict the contents of a book in a movie. But I think there was more scope for a film to be based on the harry potter series.The films are good but they lack the WOW moment for me.

Also I absolutely got pissed off when I saw that they had altered the ending where harry kills Voldy. I wanted to see them in the way as was described in the book.I wanted to see harry throw the truth at voldy while they were circling each other in the great hall.I wanted to see the fear on volemort's face when harry tells him to try for some remorse.But no what I got was harry grabbing voldy and both diving down and fighting like muggles.

These are my thoughts.Anybody can feel free to contradict me if they don't think so.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Always a tough question for me because there are so many great characters I adore in the series. I think it's funny how the main trio never gets enough love when people talk about their favorites (or maybe it just goes without saying), so first of all, I definitely love Harry, Ron and Hermione.

And as you can maybe tell from my current theme, the Weasley twins are also among my favorites. Not just because they're hilarious and witty in the books (not enough screen time in the films imo), but I think it's really admirable how lighthearted they can be no matter how bad the situation is, and I love how they always try to cheer everyone up even in the darkest of times.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
Years
I actually think Luna is overrated. To me she was relatively minor and didn't even come in until the fifth book. And this is coming from a Ravenclaw. I actually don't like any of the female characters except perhaps McGonagall.

My favorite of all would either be Dumbledore or Hagrid

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Introducing two of our Heads of House:

eros, Head of Ravenclaw, and no, Head of Gryffindor! :D

Harry-potter-clapping-GIF-1433884549.gif

Still looking for a Head of House for Slytherin or Hufflepuff so if you're interested, send me a message 8) Going to get an event underway in a couple days too so stay tuned!

What got you interested in Harry Potter in the first place?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
My cousin had gifted me one of the books when I was young and I quite liked it so I got a bit hooked :p

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I might've actually seen the first couple films before I started reading the books. Makes sense that the movies would've gotten me hooked because I didn't actually finish reading the series haha

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018

I was introduced with the first book actually. I've read that and some of the second book, then I moved on to the movies. I wasn't really a reader way back when, but it was partly the books and partially the movies

Years
Since I was 7-8 years old I had always heard the name of harry potter.At that time I wasn't interested in it.But recently 4 years back I got hand of the first part of the book.I loved it so much that since then I have never given up a chance of laying my hands on a harr potter book.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

I read a few of the books early on in my childhood and then the movies started coming out not too long after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back