• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
hey where can i get a lucky egg from?? i just beat the nimbasa gym leader but i feel like my pokemon underleveled with battling audino.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Got a Reshiram with Timid Nature on first try.

Good nature, or blergh?

If you want a purely special attacking Reshiram, then Timid would be the best nature in my opinion. Its special attack is almost as high as that of Mewtwo, the only thing that Reshiram really lacks is speed.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
EV training example

Can someone give me an example of a "How to" ev train?

I know what ev training is, i would just like to know the steps and tricks.

So I want to level my emboar. I kill 4 pokemon to increase my speed EV. Once I do that I need to level right? So do i need to use my FLY hm to go to a high level area, level up, then go back to the low level zone? How does that work exactly?

Help through here or PMs are appreciated :)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Spam-kill the Pokemon you want. You don't have to level everytime you kill 4. You could kill all 255 or w/e needed to gain the max. stats earned from EV Training, then level, and you'll get 15+ stats in one shot. It may take a few levels to gain all of the stats back, but at least you're not running back and forth leveling once every time you kill 4, say, Pidoves >>

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years

So I want to level my emboar. I kill 4 pokemon to increase my speed EV. Once I do that I need to level right? So do i need to use my FLY hm to go to a high level area, level up, then go back to the low level zone? How does that work exactly?

Well, here is the thing, if you have already leveled him up so far by playing through, he has probably gained a lot EVs in stats he doesn't want. The best thing to do really is start from the beginning, a low level Pokemon. And also, EXP. share passes on EVs, so it can go by faster if you use a stronger Pokemon. :3

And normally I just keep killing the weaker ones until I have killed the desired amount, then finish the level quicker by training on high level Pokemon. So exactly what you said. :3

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018

If you want to use Speed as an example, I'll go off of it. I'm not quite sure how much you know. But I'll assume that you know that you can only place a total of 510 ev points. And that only 255 can go into a stat.

However, 255 is not divisible by 4 and you only need 4 points to make a stat increase by one. So, only putting 252 in one stat is preferable.

So in theory you can fight 252 Purrloin (which gives 1 point in speed) your Speed stat will increase by 63.

But there are ways to make EV training simpler:

• Pokerus: Doubles the amount of EVs a Pokemon gives
  • Macho Brace: Doubles the amount of EVs a Pokemon gives
  • Power Weight: Increases the amount of HP EVs by 4
  • Power Band: Increases the amount of SpD by 4
  • Power Belt: Increases the amount of Def by 4
  • Power Bracer: Increases the amount of Atk by 4
  • Power Lens: Increases the amount of SpA by 4
  • Power Anklet: Increases the amount of Spe by 4
Pokerus is a disease that is spread from Pokemon to Pokemon by using the infected Pokemon in battle and fainting something with it. It will normally spread to the next Pokemon in your lineup. The chance of catching the disease is rare in the game itself, so if you don't have it, try and ask someone you know who does to trade you an infected Pokemon.

The Macho Brace is received in Nimbasa City, and each of the Power items can be purchased from the Battle Subway for 16B.P. apiece.

If you fight something like Purrloin that gives 1 point each than you can gain them any of the following ways:

1. Plain: 252 EVs / 1 pt each = 252 Purrloin
  2. W/ Pokerus: 252 / (1 pt each x 2 for pokerus) = 126 Purrloin
  3. W/ Macho Brace: 252 / (1 pt each x 2 for brace) = 126 Purrloin
  4. W/ Power Anklet: 252 / (1 pt each + 4 for anklet) = 50 with the item and 2 without
  5. W/ Pokerus and Macho Brace: 252 / (1 pt each x 2 for pokerus x 2 for brace) = 63
  6. W/ Pokerus and Power Anklet: 252 / ((1 pt each + 4 from anklet) x 2 from pokerus) = 25 with the item and 1 without
If you fight something like Stunfisk that gives 2 points each than you can gain them any of the following ways:

1. Plain: 252 EVs / 2 pt each = 126 Stunfisk
  2. W/ Pokerus: 252 / (2 pt each x 2 for pokerus) = 63
  3. W/ Macho Brace: 252 / (2 pt each x 2 for brace) = 63
  4. W/ Power Anklet: 252 / (2 pt each + 4 for anklet) = 42
  5. W/ Pokerus and Macho Brace: 252 / (2 pt each x 2 for pokerus x 2 for brace) = 31 with the item and 1 without
  6. W/ Pokerus and Power Anklet: 252 / ((2 pt each + 4 from anklet) x 2 from pokerus) = 21
The numbers above that are in bold are the number of Pokemon you would have to KO in order to get the points.

Here are the best places IMO to EV train:
HP - Stunfisk (2 pts apiece) in the Moor of Iccarus (Surf to find 100%)
Atk - Lillipup and Patrat (1 pt apiece) in Route 1
Def - Yamask (1 pt apiece) in Relic Castle
SpA - Litwick (1 pt apiece) in Celestial Tower
SpD - Frillish (1 pt apiece) in Driftveil City
Spe - Basculin (2 pt apiece) in Route 1 (need Surf)

PM me, or post on here if I didn't clarify on something that you needed. Hope this helps! Good luck! =]

EDIT: I just wanted to point out that I have no life before anyone else can. XD

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
EV training question

How many EVs does my Pokerus Pansear get if he is not fighting but my Zakrom is and the Pansear is holding the Exp share. (The wild pokemon is a 2 EV one)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years

The Post right above yours would explain it better but....anyway, He would receive 4 EVs (the Same amount as the Zekrom) Helpful hint if you want to ev train faster Invest some time in getting the power items. (Battle Subway)

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I'm having a bit of an issue which is a bit of a Black/DSi related problem (I thought it was best suited here?)

ANYWAYS, my game time keeps going up regardless if my DSi is open or closed. My friend, who also has a DSi, doesn't have this problem at all. Is there a setting I'm meant to change to fix this or... what?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm having a bit of an issue which is a bit of a Black/DSi related problem (I thought it was best suited here?)

ANYWAYS, my game time keeps going up regardless if my DSi is open or closed. My friend, who also has a DSi, doesn't have this problem at all. Is there a setting I'm meant to change to fix this or... what?

If you leave the C-Gear running, no matter what, your DS cannot go into sleep mode. So the timer will keep running.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Question 1: Is there a limit to the number of Pokemon you can have in White Forest?
Question 2: If so, how do you get rid of Pokemon?

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
Is it possible to EV train while you're battling/catching Reshiram or Zekrom?

Is it just me, or half the questions in the thread are asking about EVs?...

The answer is no. You can't train during a fight with a Pokemon. EV training requires the defeat of several Pokemon, not just one. So, you are gonna have to run away from the legend or defeat him or something.

Years
question on the matsuda method, does the method only work if the pokemon foriegn name is not in english? like for example if i breed a pokemon from the US and Britain, the method wont work? or will it?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Is it just me, or half the questions in the thread are asking about EVs?...

The answer is no. You can't train during a fight with a Pokemon. EV training requires the defeat of several Pokemon, not just one. So, you are gonna have to run away from the legend or defeat him or something.
To elaborate on this, you have to catch Reshiram/Zekrom for yourself. There's something in the programming that means that you have to catch it, and if you don't catch it, then he comes back from being fainted and makes you catch it.

question on the matsuda method, does the method only work if the pokemon foriegn name is not in english? like for example if i breed a pokemon from the US and Britain, the method wont work? or will it?
The Masuda Method only works for Pokemon from two different languages iirc, so you could use a Japanese Ditto and English Audino for the higher chance of it being a shiny.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Hey,
I just hatched a egg that I got in a trade and it was a shiny but it's not shiny when I look at it in my party but it's shiny when i battle and when I look at it's summary, is this part of the game?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
It's fine, it's just the shiny mini OW's for the party aren't programed into the game.

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • UAE
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Hey,
I just hatched a egg that I got in a trade and it was a shiny but it's not shiny when I look at it in my party but it's shiny when i battle and when I look at it's summary, is this part of the game?

thats how it works. dont worry its not hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back