• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
Ugh I STILL haven't got my email yet! How long is it supposed to take? Almost everyone has theirs. ;_;

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Diamond1304 said:
Well there's not much to be done whilst dueling is down. Merely brewing and collecting items.

Oh, collecting items is fun for me. Any RPG, including Pokemon, I love collecting items, even if it's pointless (as long as it has a resell value!).

Patchisou Yutohru said:
After you get sorted, the novelty of it all sort of disappears. The tidbits of information on the backstory and other information of it is interesting and all, and I get excited when I read them (especially three in particular), but there really isn't that much of it. I highly anticipate the release of the second book part of the site, but until then - like Diamond said - there isn't much to do. It takes less than two hours to work your way to the end of the first book, probably less, and after that it's just there.

Based on the introduction video JKR did, what do you think so far of the setup she has done? Has it fulfilled your expectations? Could she have done more?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I'm on the same boat as Xyrin here, still haven't got my email. Gah, this makes me so jealous that some of you are already bored of Pottermore! ):

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Haha, I have to say I'm now bored of it.
I have 391 house points, any got anything higher ;) ?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Well hopefully it would get better once it's fully released, that way you won't be that bored with it. :3

Years
another question.
Have any of you seen Chamber of Secrets forum? do you like it? have you found any more Harry potter websites?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Hooray! I finally got mine! And thanks to everyone else for spoilering that they're bored with the site. Time to see what surprises are in store for me.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Hooray! I finally got mine! And thanks to everyone else for spoilering that they're bored with the site. Time to see what surprises are in store for me.
Same with me, I finally got mine earlier today!

I'm at the point where I completed my sorting. Before I get into the details of my wand and what House I'm in, I'm just going to express my opinion on Pottermore thus far. First off, I was excited through the whole process. I waited so long for my e-mail to come and avoided nearly all spoilers, that I was just so relieved to have early access to the site and get to see where I fit into it. I love it when new tidbits of information is available; that's part of the fun. It's great to see the back story of some of the characters and objects, some of which might surprise you. I basically favored everything about wands. Overall it's pretty basic, as you go along chapter by chapter through the first book (only one available so far) you learn new details that were not mentioned in the book as well as information you already know. That's all I've done so far other than have my wand choose me and get sorted. I still have yet to brew any potions and stuff like that.

I think that pretty much covers my thoughts on Pottermore so far though and what I've experienced. Now, onto my wand and my House!
Wand
English Oak, Dragon Heartstring Core, 12 1/2 in, Slightly Springy
I have to say, my core and type of wood reflect on who I am as a person really well. I also love the details on my type of wood. I won't say anything more than that, but when you get there, you'll probably have the same reaction I had when reading up on all the woods.

As for where the sorting hat placed me, that would be Slytherin!!! I answered completely honest, but reflecting back on my questions and my answers, I guess it does fit. The House Welcoming letter was pretty nice and it gave me a different look on the Slytherin House. To be quite honest, I was mostly shocked rather than disappointed when I got my results. I guess I can't say I'm surprised to be placed into Slytherin as I do have some of their attributes, but I really wasn't expecting it. I was too worried about being put into Hufflepuff, haha. The only thing I think the test for sorting should have included were a few personality questions ─ unless you consider your choices a reflection of your personality.

When October comes around, I want to make at least two more accounts to see which house I get placed into again (Maybe one of them will be Gryffindor!), but for right now I'm pretty satisfied at where I am currently. Plus, I have Nick to keep me company. We're roomies (almost twins if you look at it) now!

While I'm at it, perhaps I can update my original entry to match my Pottermore details.

What house are you in?: Slytherin
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core)
: English Oak, 12 1/2 in, Dragon Heartstring Core, Slightly Springy

I will note that after reviewing my questions and answers between the Wand quiz and Sorting, I noticed that I answered very similarly without consciously knowing it. I don't know if it was just me, but it sort of worked out that way on its own.

For example:
Spoiler:

And if you want to see screenshots of my test questions from both the wand test and sorting, you can click this link and check them all out. Be warned, if you don't want to be spoiled and rather wait to see it on your own, don't click it! LINK

Years
another question.
Have any of you seen Chamber of Secrets forum? do you like it? have you found any more Harry potter websites?
Nope, the book is yet to open till October. If your thinking of common room chat sites, then yes. I hang out with my fellow Eagles in our Ravenclaw common room of intellectual. XP

I'm at the point where I completed my sorting. Before I get into the details of my wand and what House I'm in, I'm just going to express my opinion on Pottermore thus far. First off, I was excited through the whole process. I waited so long for my e-mail to come and avoided nearly all spoilers, that I was just so relieved to have early access to the site and get to see where I fit into it. I love it when new tidbits of information is available; that's part of the fun. It's great to see the back story of some of the characters and objects, some of which might surprise you. I basically favored everything about wands. Overall it's pretty basic, as you go along chapter by chapter through the first book (only one available so far) you learn new details that were not mentioned in the book as well as information you already know. That's all I've done so far other than have my wand choose me and get sorted. I still have yet to brew any potions and stuff like that.

I think that pretty much covers my thoughts on Pottermore so far though and what I've experienced. Now, onto my wand and my House!
Wand
English Oak, Dragon Heartstring Core, 12 1/2 in, Slightly Springy
I have to say, my core and type of wood reflect on who I am as a person really well. I also love the details on my type of wood. I won't say anything more than that, but when you get there, you'll probably have the same reaction I had when reading up on all the woods.

As for where the sorting hat placed me, that would be Slytherin!!! I answered completely honest, but reflecting back on my questions and my answers, I guess it does fit. The House Welcoming letter was pretty nice and it gave me a different look on the Slytherin House. To be quite honest, I was mostly shocked rather than disappointed when I got my results. I guess I can't say I'm surprised to be placed into Slytherin as I do have some of their attributes, but I really wasn't expecting it. I was too worried about being put into Hufflepuff, haha. The only thing I think the test for sorting should have included were a few personality questions ─ unless you consider your choices a reflection of your personality.

When October comes around, I want to make at least two more accounts to see which house I get placed into again (Maybe one of them will be Gryffindor!), but for right now I'm pretty satisfied at where I am currently. Plus, I have Nick to keep me company. We're roomies (almost twins if you look at it) now!

While I'm at it, perhaps I can update my original entry to match my Pottermore details.

What house are you in?: Slytherin
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core)
: English Oak, 12 1/2 in, Dragon Heartstring Core, Slightly Springy

I will note that after reviewing my questions and answers between the Wand quiz and Sorting, I noticed that I answered very similarly without consciously knowing it. I don't know if it was just me, but it sort of worked out that way on its own.

For example:
Spoiler:

And if you want to see screenshots of my test questions from both the wand test and sorting, you can click this link and check them all out. Be warned, if you don't want to be spoiled and rather wait to see it on your own, don't click it! LINK

Oh my goodness, welcome!!! XD So we'll be in intense competition eh? I hope you didn't collect those items until you were sorted, that way you'll earn points from your house when you return to get them in the early chapters. ;P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
another question.
I'm a member there. It doesn't interest me at all. I've yet to come across a Harry Potter forum that I have any interest in going to. They all died out in '08.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
another question.

Ohh I used to go to that one *years* ago

[/FONT]

I noticed some of my answers for the wand quiz tied in with the sorting one, as well. Although, I got a few different questions than those you made screenshots of.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
For people who read the books: What film are you least satisfied with? What film are you most satisfied with?

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
For people who read the books: What film are you least satisfied with? What film are you most satisfied with?
The Half blood Prince. I don't exactly know why but it's the only film that makes me feel uncomfortable when I see it, therefore having watched it only a couple of times. It has nothing to do with interpretation, I went to see the movies because I wanted to see a different approach of the HP universe. Little going to the performances, little going to the scenery and atmosphere, it's just that it felt off to me, compared to the others.

The first movie was the one I was most satisfied with, though. I was a lot younger when I saw it for the first time and it really felt like a GREAT movie, even now, trying to disregard the books, of course.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Hiiro said:

Oh you just joined? Heh, what a coincidence. In fact, you're the first to accept my friend requests. :)

I'm enjoying it too, dunno what you all mean by it "losing its luster". Sure, the info is what we already knew, but we're obviously going to get more (hence Pottermore). I really had fun with Chapter 5. I'm sure JKR is going to a do lot of that, cause it was very interactive. And it's what the fans want.

GoF. Absolutely terrible.

DH Part 1. Best of the series, I think.

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
I haven't gotten my welcome email yet either T.T Come on, Pottermore! D:

Which film are you least satisfied with?
WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WAS THE POINT OF CUTTING OUT THE MAIN PLOT OF PRISONER OF AZKABAN AND FILLING IT WITH BIRDS GETTING KILLED BY THE WILLOW?! *rages forever* I wasn't overly thrilled with Half Blood Prince, either.

Which film are you most satisfied with?
Both halves of Deathly Hallows- splitting it in two like that was a BRILLIANT move that allowed them to keep most of the things that I was worried about. I only had two things that bothered me out of both movies, when I have a friggin NOVEL on things I hate about each of the others.

Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Goblet of Fire movie. I was just asdfgjkl with it. The movie could've been better at various ways. ;;

And I was pretty much satisfied with the rest. :3

Guy

just a guy
Years
I hope you didn't collect those items until you were sorted, that way you'll earn points from your house when you return to get them in the early chapters. ;P
Sadly, the earlier collectable items I did. I wish I had known this before though!

Oh you just joined? Heh, what a coincidence. In fact, you're the first to accept my friend requests. :)

I'm enjoying it too, dunno what you all mean by it "losing its luster". Sure, the info is what we already knew, but we're obviously going to get more (hence Pottermore). I really had fun with Chapter 5. I'm sure JKR is going to a do lot of that, cause it was very interactive. And it's what the fans want.
What is your Pottermore name by the way? I got like five friend requests on the same day I got in, and I didn't know who they were except for two of them. That said, if anyone would like to add me, my name is FireboltAuror159. Just let me know if you do, so I know who you are.

I knew something felt like it was missing before, but it wasn't until I read the comments that I realized, background music would be really nice to have! And I really do hope there's more interaction later on. I've already completed Philosopher's Stone though, so all there's left for me to do now is find any items I might have missed, brew more potions, and if I want practice some spells so I get the hang of it when Dueling is available again.

I'm probably least satisfied with Goblet of Fire. The rest of the movies compared to the books I enjoyed, but the Goblet of Fire could have done more and not change some of the things around. As for which film I'm most satisfied with, that would be Order of the Phoenix, because it is the one movie I favor the most and enjoy watching, and also Deathly Hallows Part II.

Also, in Prisoner of Azkaban, I really wish they had put in the final quidditch match for the cup. It was so intense in the book and so well written, that I couldn't believe the movie didn't include it.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
NoxBlade146. Heh, I have renamed the people I know.

I will Sort myself tomorrow, as I feel a bit tired to do it now.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I'm in Gryffindor!!! Oh the Gods agree...no more do I have to say it just for the sake of saying it and no proof...and I'm not gonna make multiple accounts either!

Spoiler:

EDIT: Why did this post twice?? -_-

Last edited:
Back