• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Humanum Familiares [Best Rookie/Most Original Aug/Sep '11]

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
... I'm in love with you Kenna... and thats why... thats why I can't bear to hurt you." Josh told her.

Kenna looked at him for a second and then went over to stand in front of him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his chest. She pushed all her fear out of her mind. After hesitation, he hugged her back. Kenna pulled him to her as tightly as she could. She was not about to let him go. She had grown feelings for him too and meant that she was not going to let him go.

"I can protect myself from you, and I am not going to let you go that easy, you cant." Kenna whispered as a tear fell down her face.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh hugged Kenna with a solemn look on his face.

"I can protect myself from you, and I am not going to let you go that easy, you cant." Kenna whispered.

"Its sweet of you to say so Kenna... but I don't think thats possible, you saw what I did back there, I finished off the king of Germania like nothing, granted with help from Kiroku but still. Even when Emil who is stronger than you tried to stop me I swatted him away like nothing. I don't want to.... how many times can I say it before you understand?!" Josh cried.

"I can't! I just can't Ok! I can't let myself get close to you, you don't understand the extremitys of the situation! This is too dangerous, more dangerous than you could ever understand!" Josh was shouting now he pulled himself away from Kenna.

"I don't know... I don't know if I'm even safe from myself... I can't drag you into this, I can't." Josh looked at the floor his arms hanging loosely by his sides.

"I... I don't know what else to say damn it!"Josh fell to his knees and pounded the ground.

"I just don't know!....I just don't know..." Josh felt like he did that day, angry, hurt, alone and afraid.

The same way he felt the day his father left him, the same father who had betrayed him using one of his friends. He didn't understand half of what was going on and only knew that he was a danger to Kenna and everyone else.

His ruins glowed bright and his Gandalfr core kicked in a black glow engulfing the room, he smashed the floor with his fists.

"I....DON'T....KNOW!....." Josh core faded and he passed out on the floor from stress and exhaustion.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
The resulting rumble from Josh smashing the floor with his fist caused the area to quake for just a moment. Miku braced herself and stood her ground, but she wasn't worried about her own balance. Instead, she looked over to Kiroku worriedly. As soon as the rumbling stopped, Kiroku's eyes slowly opened and the boy woke up with a small yawn. "It's tomorrow already? And you still don't have your bed, Miku-chan?" Kiroku asked, rubbing his eyes one at a time, "Did Miharu go off to check the status of it or something?"

"Go back to sleep, Kiroku," Miku instructed, patting the top of his head as if he were a small child, "Miharu will be back soon." The village girl proceeded out the door and looked for the door to Kenna's room. It didn't take too long, as the mage's door had a marker-board sign on it that said "Kenna." Raising her fist, she gently brought it to the door to knock, but then...

"HEY!!! WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!" Miku yelled, recoiling her extended fist back and punched with the other one. She then proceeded to kick the door a couple times; the resulting echo of the wood being brutalized causing other magi to pop their heads out from their rooms to see what was going on. Most of them seemed a little intimidated seeing a new girl beating up the door to another girl's room. However, the door didn't break or anything. "If Kiroku doesn't get enough sleep I'm going to make sure he's not the only one not feeling one-hundred percent tomorrow!!" She had her fist up to the door as if she was addressing everyone in the room in person. Having spoken her mind, she gave a small wave to all the other Magi looking, trembling in fear, and returned to Miharu's room.

"What was that, Miku?" Kiroku asked as the girl returned to the room and closed the door behind her. She was laughing to herself a bit.

"It's nothing, Kiro-san," Miku said, shortening the boy's name, "Just unfair that your rest is getting interrupted on and off."

"It's alright; things like that happen," Kiroku explained as Miku sat next to him, "I should stay up and see if you two will need help setting your bed up, and then I can go to bed again."

"It's best if you rest now," Miku insisted, reaching out and pulling the boy towards her, "I'll keep you company until Miharu arrives." Kiroku blushed as he felt himself in Miku's embrace once more. There was no doubt she had feelings for him, but Kiroku was still unclear. It would have been rude to ask her if she thought Miharu liked him like that, too, but it would have also seemed rude to him if she said no. Even if that were the case. He'd have to get the answer from Miharu directly. Until then, Kiroku thought as he nuzzled himself up to the corner of Miku's neck and shoulder, I can feel assured that at least some one loves me in this way.

Kiroku couldn't exactly find the weariness again to sleep at the moment, but he kept his eyes closed and tried the best he could to fall back asleep.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
"Thank you and have a nice day," Miharu bowed.

The worker waved the thanks away. "Yeah, yeah, the bed will be there in an hour." He paused slightly. "You're welcome, and you too," he added.

Miharu walked off. Well, that was one problem solved. She walked back into the hallway and saw some magi whispering to each other and looking scared at her door. She raised an eyebrow. A few of them noticed her and argued "quietly"; she could hear them loud and clear, but they thought they were arguing quietly.

"You asked her!" one of them hissed.

"No, you!"

Miharu walked up to them. "What did you need to ask me?"

All three of them jumped.

The first one who hissed opened her mouth first. "Um, uh..."

"Usually a sentence consists of a noun, a verb, and an adjective. I would suggest you to add some of those to your sentence," Miharu stated sarcastically.

She wilted. The second one opened her mouth. "Who is that girl in your chambers?"

Miharu raised an eyebrow. Did Miku-chan do something? "Why?"

The third one spoke up. "She stomped out of your room, "knocked", for a lack of a better term, on Kenna's door, threatened them to be quiet, before walking back into your room."

Miharu had to bit back a grin. She couldn't be losing her reputation as a sarcastic ice queen after all. "She is a friend," was all that she would say about Miku-chan. Her voice, eyes, and face suddenly went cold, icy cold. "If I hear anyone say one bad thing about her, they are going to have something really cold up their rear. Get it?"

All three of them nodded fearfully.

Miharu walked into her room, closed the door silently, and fell into silent fits of laughter, mindful of the sleeping Kiroku. "Did-did you really kick at Kenna's door and threaten them to be quiet?" She had known it was kicking due to the footprints she saw on the door and the small wood cracks. "Their faces...!"

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Miku watched a little confused as Miharu walked inside all casually, and then broke down into fits of laughter. But then she started asking about the incident in the hallway and started to blush furiously. Had it really been that bad? Miku knew she could be a little crazy when it came to standing up to others, but had she really gone that over-the-top? Then again, she was new to the school. If she didn't establish some sort of persona that would ward any possible bullies away then she would be an open target until she did. She didn't think Kiroku nor Miharu wanted to feel like they were babysitting a social reject or anything.

"Miharu-san-- I had already told them to be quiet, and did you feel that quake from that room? It woke Kiroku up!" Miku defended herself, her face growing a bright red as she looked down at Kiroku. She had to admit she took his nuzzling easier than hearing about her kicking at the door. She found it... cute. Who knew the boy, having already killed enemy soldiers and overthrew a monarch, could look so cute and innocent while he slept? There was no look of trouble in his eyes--

"Welcome back, Miharu-sama," Kiroku greeted from where we rested. He didn't open his eyes nor moved from his place, but he seemed to laugh as he felt the village girl's reaction to his greetings.

"Eep! I thought you were asleep!" Miku cried, trying not to follow her impulse and throw the boy off. Kiroku still didn't move, but he communicated like normal.

"Yeah, you never said I actually had to fall back asleep, but I have been trying. At least until Miharu came in," Kiroku said, smiling as he raised a thumb to his Mage, "It's nice to know you're in positive spirits. I'd move, but I'm so comfortable right now... haahnnnn..." Kiroku reached out and hugged Miku back to keep himself in place. He wasn't going to lie; he liked it. He had a rather dopey smile about him now, and he didn't care. Miku-chaaan~! Read me a story, please! Kiroku thought as he chuckled to himself, No-no wait, that's too much... Wow, didn't realize how hard it would be to try and be whimsical in my own head...

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
As Josh smashed the floor with his fist, Kenna screamed. The dark light that had surrounded Josh faded away as he passed out. Kenna stared at Josh's limp body with disbelief. How had he destroyed the floor so effortlessly? Kenna was not sure what she was going to do.

Emil came charging in and took a look at the scene. He looked down at Josh and muttered to himself. Kenna untied her hair and wiped the tears of her face. Emil looked at her with soft eyes that were filled with sorrow.

"I can't let him go Emil, I won't." Kenna whispered.

"Shh." Emil said quietly and walked over to her side.

He helped her stand up. They walked and sat down on her bed. Kenna looked up to Emil and gave him a tight smile. He smiled back and then wrapped his arm around her shoulder. She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Do you think that all of this might have turned out better if I was more like Tristan?" Kenna suddenly asked.

"You are becoming more and more like him each passing day."

"If I was, I would be able to make smart decisions and help people, not cause them pain." She opened her eyes and gestured to Josh's body.

"You are your own person Ken. Why do you want to be so much like Tristan?" Emil asked gently.

"Because everyone expects me to." Kenna raised her voice and then sighed.

"I remember when me and Tristan were kids, your mother had just told us both that she was pregnant with you. Tristan was literally waiting on her hand and foot because he was so excited." Emil smiled at the memory.

"Really?" Kenna giggled.

"Yeah, it was quite amusing actually. Then when you were born, I did not see him for a full week because he refused to leave his house because he wanted to just hold you or spend time with you. After a while, he came out because I told him that I would buy him cookies. He used to love cookies."

"Cookies have always been his weak spot." Kenna agreed.

"I remember our first day of school. We were walking along the side of the path and I tripped into a huge puddle of water. I busted my lip and was freezing cold so Tristan gave me his jacket without a second thought. In the end, we broke out a game of tag with the rest of the students."

"He was always so kind to everyone."

Suddenly there was a bang on her door but Kenna ignored it.

"Help me get Josh onto his bed so he can rest well." Emil sighed.

He stood up and gestured for Kenna to do the same. She stood up and grabbed Josh's feet with Emil took his arms. They both carefully moved him to his bed of straw and let him rest there. Kenna quickly grabbed a blanket and put it over him. She walked back to her bed but she tripped on a brick and feel over. She picked herself up and sighed. It was going to be hard cleaning this up.

"It is like looking after Tristan all over again." Kenna smiled as Emil sat down beside her.

"What do you mean Ken?" Emil asked.

"Remember when I was 8 and you brought Tristan home drunk?" Kenna asked.

"Oh yeah, I remember that day."

"When you left, I just stared at him. He was passed out on our sofa. I grabbed a blanket from my room and put a bin near him. I put the blanket over him and as I did, he woke up. He looked at me briefly and then he grabbed the bin. He pukes his guts out over and over again that night. I just sat there and watched him. When he finally stopped, I got him a drink of water. I returned to find him with his head over the bin but he was not puking. I passed him the drink and he drank it really fast before passing out again. I looked after him that night and now I am looking after Josh in a similar way." Kenna explained, Emil just listened to her story and nodded.

"Josh reminds me of Tristan in some ways." Emil looked down at Josh.

"How so?" Kenna asked.

"They both wanted to protect you. As do I." Emil explained.

"I can't let him go Emil." Kenna whispered as she pulled her old friend towards her so she could hug him.

Emil did not say anything, he hugged her back and they stayed like that for a while. Kenna's eyes began to drop and she sighed. Emil looked at her and the smiled. He moved back and grabbed Kenna's shoulders. He carefully laid her down and grinned.

"You need to sleep Ken." Emil said.

Kenna nodded and closed her eyes. The blackness was relaxing and peaceful. There was one thing she wanted to ask before she went to sleep though, she opened her eyes and looked at Emil.

"What are we supposed to do now?" She whispered.

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Emil looked at Kenna, she lay on the bed with her eyes slowly drifting closed, Josh lay beside her he seemed to be in more of a trance than a sleep.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Kenna whispered.

Emil looked at her biting his lip, he didn't know how to respond.

Josh floated in a strange blackness, completely empty accept for the occasional burst of red lighning.

"Joshua..." a voice whispered, a voice that seemed strangely familiar.

"Do not fear... you will not have to deal with them for much longer... now awaken..."

"No. I change my mind I don't want that." Josh murmured.

"You have no choice in the matter, awaken my child, for soon you and I will meet again."

Josh barely even aknowledged the voice as the blackness around him began to burst into light..

"What are we supposed to do now?" Kenna whispered.

Joshs eyes were open but only slightly, he didn't want his awakening to be realised.

"I don't know Kenna..." Emil said.

"Theres nothing I can say..."

"But theres something I can say..." Josh said he reached over and grabbed Kennas hand.

"I didn't know if I was going to hurt you before... I couldn't know but I've realised that running away won't help. If I really care about you, then how could I ever hurt you?" Josh asked.

"Kenna. I couldn't, I could never even think about hurting you. Not ever. I don't even want to go home anymore... I want to stay with you. If you'll have me... and if poncy head doesn't mind having a roommate for a little longer." Josh smirked.

"Haha! Thats the spirit you stupid brute! Looks like all you needed was rest to clear your head." Emil smirked.

"Its more than that, I realised that if given the oppurtunity to leave... I could never bring myself to do it..." Josh smiled.

"So Kenna... whataya say? Let me be your familiar... for a little while... longer?...zzzzz" Josh had fallen asleep.

Emil smiled.

"Just like him to not stay awake for more than five seconds... Looks like you've got your answer Kenna." Emil put his hand on her shoulder.

"Everythings going to be fine... now get some rest... I've gotta go see the headmaster about my new job." Emil walked to the door and closed it behind him as he left.

He hoped Kenna would be Ok as he proceeded down the hall.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
"So Kenna... whataya say? Let me be your familiar... for a little while... longer?...zzzzz" Josh had fallen asleep.

Kenna smiled at him as she watched him sleep. Emil said something and walked out of the room. Kenna watched him leave and sighed. She was really tired. She lay back down and moved herself closer to Josh. She rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes.

"Good to have you back." Kenna whispered as she fell to sleep.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
(OOC: What is this? Miku brutalizes Kenna's door, and neither of you are going to acknowledge it?! Jeeze, if your three characters are so inattentive about their surroundings I'mma have Kiroku randomly walk in and suddenly spray-paint all over the place XD)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu shared a glance with Miku. They were conversing silently, when the conversation was broken. Miharu grinned and a sharp pain went through Kiroku's hand to his head. He yelped and let Miku go.

"What was that for!" he exclaimed, enraged.

Miharu and Miku shared a glance that Kiroku managed to miss as he was staring at the ruins.

"I warned you," Miharu lied. "No coping feels. Do not think I did not see that." It was actually for a prank, but, really, it was all in good fun.

Kiroku blushed as Miku laughed.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Bed for Ms. Mizushima," said a voice outside.

Miharu opened the door. The person who spoke was gone, leaving the bed in front of the door. She sighed. "People these days, so impolite."

Miharu climbed on the bed in order to go on the other side. "Kiroku, grab the other side and let us walk it in."

Miku piped up. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Stand there and look pretty," Miharu deadpanned.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"First you fry my hand and now you make me use it. I think I have Stockholm Syndrome more thank anything," Kiroku muttered to himself as he rubbed his hand gingerly. His face was still rather red, as he was sure he didn't touch Miku like that, but now the idea was in his head. If he was going to get in trouble for it, he might as well have tried for it... Wow, that was just naughty. Thank you Miharu, now I'm a creep, Kiroku thought to himself as he walked over to the side of the bed unattended and picked it up. Miharu seemed to smirk as she lifted it as well and pushed the bed into the room. She knew he was thinking how she wanted him to.

"Kiroku, stop fantasizing and put some hustle into it," Miharu said as Miku smiled to herself and watched the two banter on. Kiroku gritted his teeth as he tugged on the bed harder. He let himself bump his back against the wall and promptly dropped his side of the bed.

"Oops," Kiroku yawned as Miharu frowned, "how clumsy. My bad." He side-stepped out from between the wall and the bed before the mage could slam him in between the two or something. Miku sighed as she pouted slightly. She forgot he was rather conscious of what the two thought of him. That and he had free reign over himself within reason; she guessed he was one to question one's authority over him from time-to-time. At the same time, though, Kiroku bent down to lift from the side and helped Miharu put it into place.

"Yay! Way to go, Kiroku!" Miku cheered, hugging the boy as he stood up, "See? No need to be so cranky!" Kiroku's teeth gritted harder as he heard the village girl. He wasn't hearing her exactly, though. When the girl said "cranky," he immediately looked in the mirror and saw a different female behind him. She was a few inches shorter than him, and with long black hair. Her smile seemed happy enough, but the eyes-- those eyes-- said something else. They were cold and filled with ridicule. He was being seen as lesser. Not again. Not this time.

Kiroku threw Miku off him... literally. He grabbed her arm and swung her over his shoulder; letting her back hit the new bed. She was perfectly fine, no injuries at all, but the act shocked the village girl. She laid there frozen as she looked at an upside-down Kiroku. "Don't you condescend to me... like I'm some sort of child!!" he growled, a fierce look in his eyes as he glared at the two with malice, "I don't need this! You're always there in my shadow; waiting for him to strike first so you can hit harder! What kind of parent is that?!" Clearly he was channeling something else, but Miku couldn't help but feel guilty as the boy huffed heavy breaths in his rage. He almost seemed to be about to cry-- his hands tense and trying hard to grip themselves.

"Kiroku... Kiroku snap out of it!!" Miku cried, reaching out and grabbing one of his arms. It took a second to register, but when the boy saw Miku on the bed grabbing his arm his eyes began to refocus.

"... I'm sorry; I got out of hand there," Kiroku apologized, his free hand covering the corresponding side of his face. A massive headache had erupted as the rage subsided, and the memory of that woman over his shoulder refused to leave from behind his eyes. "I guess I'm tired; I'll go to bed now."

"Kiro-kun--" Miku tried to say, but cut herself short as the boy turned and walked to his own bed. He slumped down and curled himself up to go to bed; facing away from both Miharu and Miku. But every time he closed his eyes, the same image became dominant and was the only thing he could see with his mind's eye. Miku turned to Miharu. Maybe it was nothing, but it sure didn't seem like nothing to him. The village girl was completely freaked out.

"M-Miharu-sama... what was that...?"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu frowned, watching silently. Kiroku was obviously having a violent flashback, probably about what Miku said. Having quite a horrible past as Kiroku, and she was sure that she hadn't been given the full story, well, some triggers were most likely to happen. Miharu knew that if someone touched her without her knowing, she would either become introverted or become this violent. It was why she usually kept such a close eye on her surroundings; she didn't want to show weakness. Miku seemed to help Kiroku easily enough, though.

"M-Miharu-sama...What was that...?" asked Miku after Kiroku went to sleep.

Miharu sighed. "Kiroku...He did not have the best of times on Earth. I have some of the details, but probably not all. Even so, I would not want to tell you in fear of losing his trust. If you really are curious, I would ask Kiroku yourself." Miharu realized something. "Oh, no need to call me "Miharu-sama". I do not really like the term and I am of no way above you at all."

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"I-I-I'm sorry, Miharu," Miku apologized as she looked over at Kiroku. This was completely unexpected. Not only had the boy never once showed some signs of actual weakness in front of her before, but it caused so much pain for him to just flare up and react with such venom in his aspect. That gaze-- Miku shuddered as she felt it once again piercing through her defenses. That side of him was confusing. On the one hand, it looked like he wanted to defend himself; resorting to real violence if pushed. On the other, though, he also seemed to want to be made defenseless; to open up and reveal some sort of truth about himself. But in the end it looked like it was too painful to reveal that truth.

"I was just-- You sometimes seem to have an air of nobility about you, but you're not so interested in it like Emil is," Miku stated as she tried to compose herself. The sympathy she had for the boy was making her less confident in herself. She helped open up some old wounds...

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
((OOC: You can have Miku follow Miharu. =P Actually, it would probably be a good idea to do so. xD So dramatic!

Also, I feel that this is the cast of people who have terribly bad pasts. Really, they can all angst over SOMETHING.))

"I was just-- You sometimes seem to have an air of nobility about you, but you're not so interested in it like Emil is," Miku stated.

Miharu froze. "Excuse me," she managed to murmur and left. She managed to make it deep into the forest nearby before going into a rage attack. She started kicking and punching the trees in rage, not even noticing when her hands and feet started to be bloody. However, she wouldn't stop kicking or punching, even if her uniform started to turn red with blood. She finally managed to stop with one final kick to the tree, perhaps twenty minutes later. She looked fairly bloody and Miharu looked at her ruined uniform in disinterest. She slumped down against the also bloody tree, before laying down completely on the grass. She closed her eyes.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it!" she muttered in Japanese. Miharu had thought that she had left all of it behind her; all the rules and all the arogance. All the beatings and the ridcules. Never being the perfect daughter, unlike her older sister that had died when she was four. It was always her fault, it was never her sister's. It was her fault that her sister died because of her. All. Her. Fault.

Miharu could have laid there all day and night, but blood was probably going to attract some dangerous beasts to her. Luckily, she had done this enough that she knew where the streams were. She got up, slowly, and walked there, never minding the pain of her and her hands. It made her focus. She had always preferred beatings to the emotional pain.

She managed to make it to a stream and washed herself, feeling better in the water. She also had managed to get most of the blood out of her uniform as the blood was fairly new. There were still some specks of it, but not enough to be noticeable. The red mixed with the clear blue of the stream as it washed away. Miharu could feel her rage washing away with the blood. She bandaged her hands and feet and put on her fairly wet uniform. She would walk around for the uniform to dry a bit before heading back to the school. It was helpful that she also knew how to avoid dangerous beasts.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
(OOC: At the very least Kiroku's really only comes in flashes; he tries to be optimistic and happy in the new world he's in ;p)

"Oh dear..." came Miku's gasp as Miharu left the room. She was really batting a thousand with her new roommates... Getting up, she quietly followed the mage and entered the forest after her. She was careful not to make a sound, as Miharu looked like she was about to punch something out. As it turned out, she turned her rage to a tree and started to beat it up. Miku held her breath as she watched the other girl bleed from her knuckles but continued punching for a long while. As the girl moved on, Miku waited a second before following behind to a stream. She was cleaning herself up? Miharu's got some demons, too, Miku thought, watching as Miharu stood up, redressed in her uniform, and passed by without seeing her.

"Mi... Miharu?" Miku asked, walking out from her hiding place. She stared at the mage with a look of concern on her face. "Are you alright? I'm sorry if I said something to offend you..."

During that time, Kiroku stayed quiet in the room and ignored the two leaving. He didn't want to see what was going on; he hardly wanted to move. Why did he have to explode like that? Everything was going fine, at least as they could be when it seemed like the entire world was becoming more doomed with each passing day. He pretty much cemented his place in a group, gained the favor of a girl that cared for him, and even took down a monarch ruling over his kingdom with a literal iron fist. Now, however, he couldn't find the strength to get up and apologize. How pathetic her really felt.

Miku... Miharu... Kiroku thought, as if trying to talk to them like they were right there next to him again, Forgive me, I'm a real screw-up... He refused to let himself cry; he had done enough of that.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
"Mi... Miharu?" Miku asked, walking out from her hiding place. She stared at the mage with a look of concern on her face. "Are you alright? I'm sorry if I said something to offend you..."

Miharu flinched at Miku popped out of "nowhere". When she got onto one of these rampages, she really should keep a close eye on her surroundings; otherwise, she might accidentally punch or kick someone in the face.

"It is fine; I am fine," Miharu stated shortly. "I just really hate nobles. I may have nothing wrong against hime-sama, but..."

Let Miku think of that what she will, she would most likely come up with the wrong conclusions, which would be good for Miharu's secrecy about her past. However, there was also another noble's children that she had played with when she was younger that she was okay with. Miharu wondered what happened to her.

Miharu sighed. "We should probably head back to the room. It has been a long day for all of us and we need our rest."

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Miku frowned to herself. It didn't sound like Miharu was telling her the whole truth, but it wasn't like she'd explain any further. Miku doubted she could overpower her and get the truth out by force (like Kiroku, but then again she had a few strategies to get him to talk when she finally decided to approach him again). She was probably bullied by Noble kids as a child. After he experience with royalty, she'd believe it if Nobles were mostly punks and bullies rather than full-on tyrants like the monarch of the land she grew up in...

"Well, if you ever need us, Kiroku and I will be there to help. Just wait and see," Miku said, walking a little bit ahead of Miharu, "I think he could understand you better, but I'll do my best to be a good friend, too."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu nodded, although she hoped that it would never come to the part where they could learn about her past, and even though Miku couldn't see her.

Although, with my luck, my father will recognize me and manage to corner me somehow. Then **** will really hit the fan.

They both walked relatively quietly back inside the castle and into the room.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh shifted in his sleep, he was having a nightmare. His father had just left him and his mother had disappeared, he felt so small, like he was shrinking away into nothing, he felt himself drift away from those he cared for... but then, just as he was about to leave the rest of the world behind him and abandon all the people who cared about him. A hand tugged his arm and pulled him back. He turned to see Kenna standing there smiling at him.

Josh smiled back at her, he thought about how much he cared about her and realised something.

He had been so far apart from everyone, a drifter who just needed someone to reach out to him but nobody would... then she reached out, she pulled him back and she became that person. Even though it had been a complete accident he had arrived... she still became that person. She still cared.

He had made a horrible mistake, he could never leave Kenna, there was no way in the world he could possibly hurt her. He loved her.

Josh opened his eyes to see Kenna lightly breathing her hand up against his chest as she softly slept. She was just as tired as he was. Emil had left, he noticed. He hugged Kenna close to him and smiled softly to himself.

Emil sat at the headmasters desk, a slight smirk on his face as the headmaster interviewed him.

"Well Mr. Landcroff... your credentials speak for themselves and I know you quite well on my own behalf so your willpower and fighting skills are unquestionable... however I do have one query..." The headmaster trailed off, as if unsure on wether he should ask the question due to it possibly having a delicate nature.

"Please Patrick, if I may call you Patrick, ask away." Emil said.

"I wonder... why on Earth would you give up on your nobal status?" The headmaster asked with slight astonishment.

"Why Proffesor Awenston, thats a simple question with a simple answer...it was a matter of honour." Emil smirked.

"But Emil... commoners do not abide by any honour..." The headmaster tried to explain.

Emil thought back to the day he dueled Josh.

"Well Professor... this is a different kind of honour." Emil smiled slightly as he said that.

"Very well..." The headmaster frowned.

"Sir Emil... you will re-earn you nobal status by becoming a teacher at our school! Professor Emil Landcroff you classes start the day after tommorow! The use of magic and weaponry as defensive measures, or to shorten it, defense class!"

Emil nodded and smiled.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
As predictable as it was, Kiroku hadn't moved an inch since the two girls left. Upon arriving, Miku walked over to the boy and checked to see if he was actually sleeping this time. And he wasn't. His eyes were closed to a point, but a small sliver of his eyes could still be seen without having to inspect closely. He seemed to ignore the fact that the village girl was staring at him. The overall look on his face was indifference. "... Kiroku? Are you with us?" Miku asked, shaking the boy's shoulder slightly. Kiroku huffed a slow reactionary breath as he continued to look away (not really towards anything in particular; he was just staring off into space).

"... Mother? Go away," Kiroku commanded, not daring to see who it really was. The girl's voice was distorted by his own confusion; making it hard to tell who it was. Miku frowned as she forcibly grabbed the boy's shoulder and directed it to move so that his back was completely against the hay. Kiroku looked up to see the girl through his semi-closed eyes.

"It's me, Miku. You remember?" Miku asked, a hand gently raised to his face, "Miharu's here, too." Kiroku said nothing as he stared up to the girl's eyes. He could feel the hand on his cheek, and it couldn't decide if it wanted to soothe him or burn him. It seemed to do both; at least in such a way that both pain and relief were coming to a draw. He wasn't sure if he wanted to respond right now... "Kiroku!"

"Uuugh, it's you alright, Miku," Kiroku murmured as he rubbed the side of his head, "I swear to your world's equivalent of God that I'll go deaf before the end of the month... even if that is in three days or something; I have yet to look at a calendar or something."

"Kiroku, are you feeling alright?" Miku asked.

"Just peachy; I thought I was about to sleep again until you two came in again," Kiroku said in a less tact manner, "And I thought that man was annoying... Barging into the place like he owned it..."

Back