• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heartgold or Soulsilver?

Which one did you prefer?

• Heartgold

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Soulsilver

Votes: 54 57.4%

• Total voters

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
I think I speak for all the people who are 4th gen fanatics when I say HG/SS are the best Pokémon games ever. They polished all the graphics, added new features, made pokemon follow you, and gave you the option to turn on original GB sounds. I find no problems with these games because they're perfect in every way. HG/SS are my favorite pokemon games ever.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 26, 2018
I had Silver version back in the day so I had to get Soul Silver first. I ended up with both but Silver was my game of choice so Soul Silver

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
I bought Both of them on the day they were realeased but I ended up playing through Soulsilver but not through Heartgold so Soulsilver was my Favourite but its hard to tell because both versions had hardly any differences.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
I enjoyed SoulSilver more then heartgold but i don't really know why. i like both of the legendaries

Years
soulsilver, because im a sucker for alliteration. i own both (actually have two copies of heart gold) but i always hate fighting my way through the bell tower. why would an ancient tower have so many traps and such as stupid maze? it makes more sense to have the maze in the whirl islands, and for that i like soul silver more.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Soulsilver, mainly because it has the (for me) better exclusives. Though it has slightly less Pokemon than Heartgold...

Also I had already played Gold, so what would be a better choice than Soulsilver?

Sirfetch’d

I chose SoulSilver just because I originally played silver and I wanted the full remake experience I gues haha! But I do prefer Ho-oh over Lugia, however that wasn't a factor due to being able to obtain both anyways.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I chose HeartGold since Gold was the one I picked when it was released. I also prefer its features more then the ones in SS. I like both Ho-oh and Lugia tho. :P

Eme

Cooler than thou
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
Even though SoulSilver was my first game, I like Fire types. And you can get Growlithe. They're so cute!

Last edited:
Years
I chose soulsilver but wished i have chose heartgold i just like there exclusive pokes better. But i do love both of these games more than anyother made. ruby,sapphire, emerald is a second than yellow. it really takes me back to my childhood. I ♥ Pokémon

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I always wanted Silver as a kid, yet never got it. Fast forward years later, I was psyched to get Soulsilver. Heartgold's opening of Ho-Oh flying is much more pleasant to me than Lugia swimming, however.

Back