• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2008
I am having a problem with the script editor. First off I am new to editing pokemon roms but I feel as though I have learned a lot in the last few weeks. My problem is that when ever I try to compile a script it comes up with the log screen and there are no errors reported. I then proceed to close the log screen and the script editor screen. When I close the script editor screen it ask me if I would like to save my changes. When I say yes I look back and review the script and nothing has changed (in the script or game). When I say no I try to open the script for the character again and it give me this message after freezing "The process can not access the file because it is being used by another process". This message continues to happen even after I shut off my computer and open the script back up. I have the rom open and I am using advance map. I am at a loss as to what is going on. I did get it to work once but for some reason that method just gives me that error message again. Any help would be appreciated.

Notes: I am using a leaf green rom
I have the latest version of the script editor

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
help im kinda stupid when it comes to this stuff so how do i download it?
Go to the first page in the topic, click the link, then follow the links from that page with "download" on them.
You will be asked to open or save. Open it, and create a new folder somewhere.
Then, copy all the files from the ZIP (downloaded files) into the folder. If "scintilla.dll" or "pksv.exe" are not in the same folder as "pksvui.exe", then it will fail to run. (Use PKSVUI.exe, not PKSV.exe)
"The process can not access the file because it is being used by another process"
This happens when you try to open a script that either doesn't exist, or does not end properly. (Badly formed).
The error message is caused because PKSVUI gives up waiting for PKSV after 60 seconds (I put this in for the sake of sanity), so if it is taking that long something is definitely wrong with the script being decompiled. If you could PM me the script, that would be great! (Unless, of course, you'd like to keep private stuff secret! :P )

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2010
Hey this sounds like a spicy program, unfortunatly when i go to open the script it says it is canceling and pksv.exe has stopped working. I can't figure out why and was hoping for some help. I am running vista if that makes any difference. thanx

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2008
Alright thanks for your help. I actually got it to work shortly after I decided to recompile the script and edit it. The code itself was pretty much just a test code to make sure I knew how to make this particular script work. I am working on a rom hack right now but since I just started to develop it. I will mention more details as I get closer to finishing it.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
What's applymovementfinishat?
Is it the same as applymovement?
I saw it in a script.

score_under

Years
What's applymovementfinishat?
Is it the same as applymovement?
I saw it in a script.
It is almost the same as applymovement, except that it finishes at the coordinates specified.
(applymovementfinishat [SPRITE] [MOVEMENTS] [X] [Y])
Hey this sounds like a spicy program, unfortunatly when i go to open the script it says it is canceling and pksv.exe has stopped working. I can't figure out why and was hoping for some help. I am running vista if that makes any difference. thanx
I don't know what you mean by the script saying it's cancelling - can you post a screenshot of what happens?

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Oh, Thanks for explaining score_under.
Will you release a new version of PKSV anytime soon?
It's a great script compiler.
Btw obedience command is something in the RAM of the rom?

Champio30

Pokemon: Team Alpha's Revenge
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
Hey y'all, never been here in a long time. What has changed in the versions. My last version was 1.4.9

score_under

Years
What has changed in the versions?
Bugfixes, Pokémon Gold scripting support, hex<->dec converting tool, Pokémon Gold offset and pointer converting tool, and I can't remember anything else.
Have you had time to make a new tutorial?
It still confuses me.
I am in the progress of making it, but it will be very large. I have almost completed the Fire Red command listing, descriptions, and usage, and will then go on to a guide on how to use them in a larger script (where it is best to use, etc).
Oh, Thanks for explaining score_under.
Will you release a new version of PKSV anytime soon?
It's a great script compiler.
Btw obedience command is something in the RAM of the rom?
I don't know exactly what you mean there (in the random access memory of the read-only memory?), but setobedience will set the obedience of one pokémon, and checkobedience will check it.
Checkobedience is used, for example, with the person that gives you the TM for either "return" or "frustration" depending on your pokémon's obedience.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
It won't be e-mailed to you! You have to download one of the packages, :laugh:, from sourceforge!

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Maybe your browser doesn't have support for viewing PDFs, you could just just right click the link and "save it as", then view it in Acrobat Reader amongst other programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back