• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2014
Use NO$GBA emulator. Mine worked without any problems.

still didnt work........... -_-

i dont think it's the emulator messing up, i think it's the game. gonna mess around and try to figure it out

just figured out it's the white screen that video was supposed to help with, but that solution NEVER works

Last edited:

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Okay I ran into a problem. I'm underwater where you are suppose to dive to get to the ELITE 4 and everything looks all foggy with clouds and I can't see anything. I have no idea where I'm going. Any solutions?

Oh. There is a non-translated part. If you don't have dive and you try to dive, it will say something in Portuguese.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Okay I ran into a problem. I'm underwater where you are suppose to dive to get to the ELITE 4 and everything looks all foggy with clouds and I can't see anything. I have no idea where I'm going. Any solutions?

Oh. There is a non-translated part. If you don't have dive and you try to dive, it will say something in Portuguese.
Can you post a screenshot? Or even better, tell me where it is and send me screenshots showing the entire text? That's one of the things Ash would be able to fix, and I can run it through a translator (or he can if he wants to).

still didnt work........... -_-

i dont think it's the emulator messing up, i think it's the game. gonna mess around and try to figure it out

just figured out it's the white screen that video was supposed to help with, but that solution NEVER works
Did you delete the .sav file from your previous attempt? And any other files created by the emulator?

Cyclone

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Can you post a screenshot? Or even better, tell me where it is and send me screenshots showing the entire text? That's one of the things Ash would be able to fix, and I can run it through a translator (or he can if he wants to).

Did you delete the .sav file from your previous attempt? And any other files created by the emulator?

Cyclone

I was originally going to post a screenshot but every time I hit "Prnt Scrn" and paste it onto Gimp, just a transparent canvas comes up. I guess I can try Photoshop.
As for the non-translated text, right when you come out of the victory road cave, you have to surf right until you reach a dark square patch of water. Hover over it and make sure a Pokemon doesn't know dive. If none of your Pokemon know dive and you hit the A button, the Portuguese language will come up. If your Pokemon do know dive, English text will come up asking if you would like to use dive.

The only other save file I deleted was the backup save I made. The saves for me are .SNP - I sometimes load my games right off of the in game saves. Either way, I always save both ways before quitting.
I really need to get through the underwater part but cannot because of the foggy cloud mist that I can't see anything in.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I was originally going to post a screenshot but every time I hit "Prnt Scrn" and paste it onto Gimp, just a transparent canvas comes up. I guess I can try Photoshop.
As for the non-translated text, right when you come out of the victory road cave, you have to surf right until you reach a dark square patch of water. Hover over it and make sure a Pokemon doesn't know dive. If none of your Pokemon know dive and you hit the A button, the Portuguese language will come up. If your Pokemon do know dive, English text will come up asking if you would like to use dive.
If you play using VBA, hit F12. Screenshot. Boom. :)

Also, I guess the correct text in that circumstance is the one that says something like, "A Pokémon might be able to dive into the water here." I know the spot you speak of, I've looked ahead in the data to Victory Road and see the underwater travels waiting for me.

Cyclone

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Here is what I'm talking about. I have no idea what to do.
aldkf.png

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
And here I though I wouldn't have anything to say against using No$GBA but now I have, I thank you for that :D
This bug is caused by the ugly GBA emulation No$ provides.
Your only choice is to use VBA as recommended.
As for the white screen and this bug, don't download the random VBA, use VBA-M ;)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Skyy, if you'd like (so you don't have to restart), I can get you copies of the maps as they appear in AdvanceMap copied into Paint and you can use those as a basis for how to get around the area. I'll try to label them for you as well. Note however that they wouldn't be pretty as the tiles with transparency appear black or white in the transparent sections.

Send me a PM with your e-mail if you want that and I'll do some quick PrintScreen work with directions as accurate as I can give.

Cyclone

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Skyy, if you'd like (so you don't have to restart), I can get you copies of the maps as they appear in AdvanceMap copied into Paint and you can use those as a basis for how to get around the area. I'll try to label them for you as well. Note however that they wouldn't be pretty as the tiles with transparency appear black or white in the transparent sections.

Send me a PM with your e-mail if you want that and I'll do some quick PrintScreen work with directions as accurate as I can give.

Cyclone

Okay that would be great. I'll PM you right now. Thanks. Really don't wanna start over.

EDIT: Thanks so much for those maps. They were a real help. I made my way through it without any problems and I also beat the ELITE 4.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
No problem! (Lucky I saw the edit, I clicked in to add this post. LMAO)

FYI, if anyone else ever has this problem, I have the maps for both surface and underwater created for that area. I can always send both along with a mini-walkthrough of the area. There are no Trainers down there from what I can see, only on the surface.

So I decided for mapmaking purposes to pause at Serenity City and just wander around everywhere creating maps. I also wanted to know what the Trainer difficulty was like on the eastern side of the eastern loop. This led me to hack a path through the woods and the back of the daycare (don't worry, I plan to patch it back up) and through more woods to get to the other side of the "express route" going west. Cue Drakebreath City (and I got lost). I eventually found Route 416 and surfed for a while, finding wild Pokémon in the 30s in the water. I finally found a Trainer with Lv.40-41 Pokémon. I'm already fighting Lv.38 Pokémon. What is the highest level I am likely to encounter in my travels before the Zhery League (which I expect to be in the 50s, if not in the E4, at least for the Champion)?

Meanwhile, my first six Pokérus infectees are no longer contagious. I oughta spread that around ASAP to the lower-level Pokémon. Not that it will matter, obviously it won't have much effect on the in-game stuff.

NEXT DAY EDIT: So I decided to keep traveling backwards. The script triggers in this game are absolutely genius. Without question. You cannot trigger the next storyline item in sequence until you've cleared the trigger before it, meaning when I went north on 416 to Steam's big base, I found about 11 Grunts and two executives in a U formation but got no fights or anything else. Obviously, because you normally don't talk to them on the map there, they don't have scripts added - at all. I left the island, naturally, and kept going north, moving around to avoid Trainers in the water; I eventually reached the land coming from 415 and went over where I specifically know two script triggers to be; they didn't trigger and the guy who is associated with them stayed put on the right; you can't speak with him in the same way the Grunts are silent.

Just a little proof that you are best to play the game as designed. You can't shortcut via cheating and get the 7th or 8th badges until you get the 6th and do the events up to the 7th badge (even the Gyms themselves remain empty); the only possible flaw is activating the Fly trigger in Drakebreath City (maybe even Snowce City) before you're supposed to be there, allowing a player to completely bypass some Trainers (particularly the trek from Snowce to Drakebreath). I am taking the opportunity to get a LOT of my mapping done, however, so I can concentrate just on the walkthrough by that point. Once Drakebreath and 416 are generally done, it's back to the power station and I'll continue my walkthrough (and that is WITHOUT the Fly trigger in Drakebreath activated). :)

Cyclone

Last edited:

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
QUOTE=Ash493;7383643]
Yeah, that flag bug happens often... move him outta there by using A-Map

Thnx but what is A-map? And how do i use it?

TheCrimson102

Charizard
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2013
Wow, that's really good if you could give me the download link when you're done with it that would be great! But isn't there already a hack called light platinum -.-

Back