• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

TuGaWaR 545

Ragequit
Years
The IPS file is begged or something. I'm getting the white screen issue.

I attempted to change the savetype, and it did nothing. I have also attempted to run the unpatched ruby rom (1.0) and it works fine, the problem is in the IPS file. I've used VBA and VBAM.

Help or an alternate English download link would be nice.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The IPS file is begged or something. I'm getting the white screen issue.

I attempted to change the savetype, and it did nothing. I have also attempted to run the unpatched ruby rom (1.0) and it works fine, the problem is in the IPS file. I've used VBA and VBAM.

Help or an alternate English download link would be nice.
The IPS file worked fine for me. Has it been updated in the last month or two? All I can suggest is redownload it, it might have become corrupt on download. Or, if this is your first emulation playing, VBA (which I also use) may not be set properly for this type of game.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Wow, that's really good if you could give me the download link when you're done with it that would be great! But isn't there already a hack called light platinum -.-
It's already finished ;) Just some minor bug fixing is being made.
As for the second LP, yeah, there was a thread named Light Platinum but it was cancelled but once the creator returned and demanded change of name of this LP, it didn't work fortunately so we still have LP and the argument is already forgotten ;)

And for all who're downloading the IPSs, you are supposed to download ones from Snakebyte's signature, those are the most recent ones.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
And for all who're downloading the IPSs, you are supposed to download ones from Snakebyte's signature, those are the most recent ones.
I suddenly don't know which one I downloaded. :o

I think I downloaded it after Snakebyte made changes to it, but for other people in the future, can a moderator update the TP with the right one in the attachment?

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
I get a sound bug when I first flew with Charizard, and everytime I go back on this game, it continues, I thought it was just a sound of a icestorm in the ice cave. Please help, it really hurts my head!!! But I want to play with sound, and with the save I have already. Anyway to fix it?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I get a sound bug when I first flew with Charizard, and everytime I go back on this game, it continues, I thought it was just a sound of a icestorm in the ice cave. Please help, it really hurts my head!!! But I want to play with sound, and with the save I have already. Anyway to fix it?
Try using the in-game save, then reset the game. I had an odd sound while playing once, and using the in-game save with a reset got rid of it.

Cyclone

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Okay so after taking a break, I finally found time to play more. Unfortunately I ran into a bug in the first town of Lauren I think. I had to go into the tower and keep Team Steam from catching Raquaza. I did that and then when I exited the building, a guy was blocking my way saying that I wasn't allowed in. I tried going back in and I couldn't. The chick that came out of the gym earlier was in the tower but she was just running up and down. Even when I got done with the event. Team steam were still there also. What can I do to fix this?

Luckily I didn't save, so I can redo this thing again.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Okay so after taking a break, I finally found time to play more. Unfortunately I ran into a bug in the first town of Lauren I think. I had to go into the tower and keep Team Steam from catching Raquaza. I did that and then when I exited the building, a guy was blocking my way saying that I wasn't allowed in. I tried going back in and I couldn't. The chick that came out of the gym earlier was in the tower but she was just running up and down. Even when I got done with the event. Team steam were still there also. What can I do to fix this?

Luckily I didn't save, so I can redo this thing again.
You can just go into AdvanceMap and remove the guy to the left or right, update into the VBA location, then you can come and go freely. Probably an errant movement permission.

Also, make sure you have Snakebyte's latest version, it contains some fixes over the one in the topic post. I haven't seen any errant scripted blockers yet, and that factors in the one I saw in a video that I didn't see while playing.

Cyclone

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
You can just go into AdvanceMap and remove the guy to the left or right, update into the VBA location, then you can come and go freely. Probably an errant movement permission.

Also, make sure you have Snakebyte's latest version, it contains some fixes over the one in the topic post. I haven't seen any errant scripted blockers yet, and that factors in the one I saw in a video that I didn't see while playing.

Cyclone

Would you mind telling me which is the newest update of his? I'm not sure If it was this game that I was unsure which was the newest version or if it was a different Pokemon hack. Hopefully I wont have to use A-Map because i know nothing about that.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
My latest version should be in the first topic now, and that sounds like a flag error rather than a movement problem. Sorry, I guess I didn't test Lauren enough. Redo it and see if it recurs?

Regardless, there are links to my three versions in my sig, it should be self-explanatory. I keep them all up in case I had to revert back to an older one in the event of catastrophic errors, but 'Final' should be final. :)

The 'Final' version fixed a glitch with Unova starters and another with Mt. Draken, but may have caused other glitches when I fixed all the Unova dex entries. If anyone encounters a trainer that black screens or takes ages to load in the final version, that issue probably won't be present in previous versions. I really don't have the patience to play through the game over and over again to test it, and I don't think anyone's reported it as a problem, but IF that happens to anyone, just go one version earlier and you should be okay! :)

Last edited:
Years
Try to play hacks on VBA or VBA-M only . The reason you complaining people get white screens is no fault of ips file but fault with the Ruby ROM you download. getting any white screens?? Either refer Wesley's video on first page or PM me :bandit:

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
I tried it over and this time, Team Steam actually disappeared and Lucy was also gone, but the guard was still standing in the way and I could not get back in. So I'll try and patch a new rom to the final version and see if that helps. If not, I'll just use A-Map.

I never had a white screen. Idk why you'd be telling me that. Unless you were speaking to someone else or just in general. If so, never mind then ( :

EDIT: I was already playing the final version but I decided to patch it again to another rom and it fixed my problem. Yay. Now I can continue.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 24, 2022
So, I searched it up, but I found no solution to my problem.

I am attempting to raise a lucario with a decent moveset... Does anyone know where I can find the TM for Brickbreak?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
My latest version should be in the first topic now, and that sounds like a flag error rather than a movement problem. Sorry, I guess I didn't test Lauren enough. Redo it and see if it recurs?
Gotta agree...
If I may say something... these bugs sometimes happen when you mess up something in ROM... the first thing to try is to repatch the game and replace the old version with the new one, that reset all things back to their original state and no messes should leave.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I'm not too sure why there are Sunflora's in the Drakebreath City's water, but the fact I ran into one that was LEVEL 0 is kind of freaky... It had a full HP bar and everything O.o. Also, don't pokemon on Lv 0 have zero HP as well? I should have caught it, or at least taken a screen shot of it.

Back