• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Island Challenge!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I have my moon game which has only the first 18 minutes played (before you speak to lillie and the cutscene for the whole kahuna and choose your starter begins). Could I use it or choose another game?

Name: Chr. Draco
Tribe: Necrozma
Game: Moon

possible team for moon

1. Primarina (water typer starter)

2. Midnight Lycanrock, Mandibuzz (pre evo can be found in melemele)

3. Golduck (same as above)

4. Alolan Dugtrio (because ground type)

5. Salamence (because dragon z-crystal trial) (bagon can be found in melemele)

Years
I have my moon game which has only the first 18 minutes played (before you speak to lillie and the cutscene for the whole kahuna and choose your starter begins). Could I use it or choose another game?

Yep, it!s okay to use.

Also, I started my run too...

Island Challenge in Pok?mon Ultra Moon

tapufini.gif

PART 1

I picked my Ultra Moon copy where I was soft resetting for shiny Popplio and decided that I don't want to waste time with it anymore so I started new game. After introduction part, I saw the starters cutscene for 426th time and picked Litten this time. That means Hau will get Rowlet and will have some advantage over me.
I did some research and found out I can't get Rockruff and Cutiefly until pretty far on 1st island so I decided to swap Tauros for Zoroark - thanks to that I'll have Pok?mon fit for the challenge from the start.
So I beat the festival with Litten and got to the Trainer School where I was finally able to catch Zorua. Now another challenge waits on me. What theme should I use for the names? Well, because I wasn't able to pull Yu-Gi-Oh event this year, I decided to at least name my characters after characters from Yu-Gi-Oh anime. So Zorua is small cute pet that turns into big dark monster... Yep, it's Yugi. I had to train a little bit, because the final boss of the school - level 10 Popplio was kinda hard. It was 2-shoting Yugi.
After that, I progressed pretty smoothly. I caught Cutiefly - Aki and got ready for the 1st Trial. Also 1st battle with Ilima was okay. I had to solo it with Yugi, but it was okay.
But back to 1st Trial. Aki had Fairy Wind and Silver Wind, so I had upper hand most of the time. But man, Totem Alolan Raticate si HUGE. At least against Aki. But I OHKO Raticate with Silver Wind crit and got my 1st Z-Crystal.

Team

zorua.gif

Yugi, Lax Male Zorua
lvl 15, Illusion
- Pursuit
- Fury Swipes
- Leer
- Fake Tears

cutiefly.gif

Aki, Modest Female Cutiefly
lvl 14, Honey Gather
- Fiary Wind
- Absorb
- Stun Spore
- Sliver Wind​

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Yep, it!s okay to use.

Also, I started my run too...

Island Challenge in Pok?mon Ultra Moon

tapufini.gif

PART 1

I picked my Ultra Moon copy where I was soft resetting for shiny Popplio and decided that I don't want to waste time with it anymore so I started new game. After introduction part, I saw the starters cutscene for 426th time and picked Litten this time. That means Hau will get Rowlet and will have some advantage over me.
I did some research and found out I can't get Rockruff and Cutiefly until pretty far on 1st island so I decided to swap Tauros for Zoroark - thanks to that I'll have Pok?mon fit for the challenge from the start.
So I beat the festival with Litten and got to the Trainer School where I was finally able to catch Zorua. Now another challenge waits on me. What theme should I use for the names? Well, because I wasn't able to pull Yu-Gi-Oh event this year, I decided to at least name my characters after characters from Yu-Gi-Oh anime. So Zorua is small cute pet that turns into big dark monster... Yep, it's Yugi. I had to train a little bit, because the final boss of the school - level 10 Popplio was kinda hard. It was 2-shoting Yugi.
After that, I progressed pretty smoothly. I caught Cutiefly - Aki and got ready for the 1st Trial. Also 1st battle with Ilima was okay. I had to solo it with Yugi, but it was okay.
But back to 1st Trial. Aki had Fairy Wind and Silver Wind, so I had upper hand most of the time. But man, Totem Alolan Raticate si HUGE. At least against Aki. But I OHKO Raticate with Silver Wind crit and got my 1st Z-Crystal.

Team

zorua.gif

Yugi, Lax Male Zorua
lvl 15, Illusion
- Pursuit
- Fury Swipes
- Leer
- Fake Tears

cutiefly.gif

Aki, Modest Female Cutiefly
lvl 14, Honey Gather
- Fiary Wind
- Absorb
- Stun Spore
- Sliver Wind​

Awesome!, Thanks :)

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
And now, without further delay, it's time for...

Episode 1 - A Bulu's Trip to Johto

How long has it been since I've done a Gen 2 run that wasn't a solo run. Honestly, I don't remember at all, but that's not too important right now. We'll see how this run plays out with our almighty starter, Petal the Chikorita. While I always hope for a female Chikorita, the low gender ratio for female starters pretty much means I'll have to get lucky. Knowing my luck, though, it's doubtful that would ever happen.

Anyway, with my starter and first team member in tow, it's off to see Mr. Pokemon, grinding up a little bit along the way so Petal can stand a chance on his own. With some Lv. 3 Sentret kills and a couple of Caterpies, I managed to grind Petal up to Lv. 7 for the super easy rival battle that should give me another level...or run into a Metapod on the return trip and get another level because Metapod is free experience. So, being at Lv. 8 meant that ???'s Cyndaquil was actually no threat at all. I am totally fine with this. With that aside, it's back to New Bark Town for handing in eggs, getting my Poke Balls, and the other business, and then it's off towards Violet City to also get my second team member.

So it turns out I'm actually an idiot. You can't catch Mareep until after the first gym, so we all know what that means. I get to fight Falkner and do Sprout Tower with a Chikorita. This is already turning into a Meganium solo, but it won't be that way for long. Anyway, since almost everything in Sprout Tower was a Bellsprout, it wasn't hard to clear out at all, and I got some more levels too, which should (in theory) make Falkner a cakewalk, even with a Flying weakness.

Well, the first trainer was a little troubling and the second trainer got obliterated by Razor Leaf while Falkner's Pidgeotto gave me a bit of a problem and made me use up my last Potion (please note that at this point, I haven't bought any Potions yet. I've only used ones I've gotten off the ground or from Elm's aide.) Reflect and Poisonpowder helped a little bit too, but it was a fairly simple win either way, netting me the first badge and an evolution to Bayleef.

Now that the gym is done, I can finally go and get a Mareep...after healing, buying potions, and getting the egg from Elm's aide. With that all done, my first encounter was the Mareep I was after. Lucky me. Anyway, with this new addition to the team, I named her the name I give all my Ampharos, Amphy. I took the time to do a little bit of switch training to get Amphy to a point where she could learn Thundershock so she'll have some offensive action that isn't Tackle. With that, it's off towards Union Cave and then to Azalea Town.

So after a nice, relaxing trip through Union Cave in which everything got blown up (and Amphy evolved, but that's nearly as important), we're here in Azalea Town, where we get to go and fight off Team Rocket grunts. It's a fun time, good for the kids. So, we take a nice trip into Slowpoke Well and clear out Team Rocket so we can gain access to the gym. But...before that, I headed on over to Slowpoke Well to get my third team member, Ms. Derp the Slowpoke, then accidently did the rival battle early. I mean, I still won, so it's fine.

Anyway, the gym was fairly uneventful. I tried using Ms. Derp a lot to get her leveled up, and through the power of setting up Curse on Bugsy's Metapod, I swept him with Ms. Derp. Maybe this team won't be so bad after all, especially since the haven of elemental punches are coming very soon...along with an infamous Miltank.

Team Zero

bayleef.png

Petal (Bayleef) Lv. 18 @ Miracle Seed
Moves: Tackle, Poisonpowder, Razor Leaf, Reflect

flaaffy.png

Amphy (Flaaffy) Lv. 18 @ Nothing
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Thunder Wave

slowpoke.png

Ms. Derp (Slowpoke) Lv. 15 @ Nothing
Moves: Curse, Tackle, Growl, Water Gun​

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
This is definitely my type of challenge!

Username: Skystrike
Tribe: Necrozma
Game: Pok?mon Emerald
Planned team:
Spr_4p_282.png
Spr_4h_073.png
Spr_4h_169.png
Spr_4d_310.png
Spr_4h_076.png
Spr_4d_286.png

Gardevoir, Psychic-type just like Lele.
Tentacruel and Crobat, found on Akala Island.
Manectric, with a base Sp. Atk of 105.
Golem, who's a Rock-type just like Olivia's Pok?mon.
And Breloom, who's a Grass-type, just like Mallow's Pok?mon.

Years
Regarding my journey, I'm also recording some of the matches plus where I encountered the Pokemon I'm adding to my team. This is going to be an interesting run since Blaze Black 2 has some features to either make the game easier or harder at the start of the game. I decided to pick the Challenge difficulty, where not only are trainer Pokemon stronger, but Gym Leaders in particular will have more well thought-out teams and even Cheren has 6 Pokemon you must battle in Challenge Mode, as opposed to 3 normally. In addition to this, I'll also be recording matches against the Gym Leaders from Hoenn, although they are optional battles. So in total, I'll be fighting 8 Gym Leaders in my Island Challenge, although my actual challenge ends when Elisa is defeated (so I would defeat Flannery first before challenging Elisa). So, with that explanation out of the way, I think I have progressed enough to write out a small intro to my run.

Chapter 1: Assembling the Fini Team

Actually, all three Unova starters are legal for the Fini Tribe for this challenge. I picked Tepig since there is one particular gym that would prove to be troublesome for my planned team, but that gym will not be for some time. After picking up the starter, I proceeded down the stairs and Hugh challenges me to a battle with his bred Oshawott. While Oshawott was clearly better trained (Challenge puts the Oshawott at level 6), I was the better trainer and came out on top of a close battle. After that, we both took off and agreed we would train hard to support the other in the future. After spending a little time discussing the various resources for trainers of Unova (and picking up the Running Shoes, Bicycle, and two Town Maps, which the second one is for Hugh, in the process), I proceeded through Route 19 and met up with Alder, who saw potential in me as a trainer and proceeded with some words of wisdom before asking to meet up with him later. Alder eventually saw I was carrying two Town Maps and let me go find Hugh first before we would train. At this point, it was clear that to be even better, I needed to expand my team.

After defeating the trainers of Route 20, I arrived at Floccesy Ranch, where I knew two of the Pokemon I was allowed to use for the challenge were found at. After a little difficulty, I added Azurill and Riolu to my team. I knew getting these two first was a good idea because they both need happiness to evolve. I then went back to Route 20, where after a decent amount of time and difficulty came to pass, I got the fourth member of my team, Ralts.

The training began for Ralts, and after getting Ralts to level 8 and Tepig to level 12, I returned to Floccesy Ranch and had a second battle with Hugh (interestingly for this run, this is the last time I battle Hugh. While Hugh will continue to pop up, I do not battle him directly again until after the fifth Gym), where Ralts appeared to have the upper hand against Hugh's Taillow until Taillow scored a critical hit and won against Ralts. I let Tepig go next where it defeated both Taillow and Oshawott, finishing the battle. After giving Hugh the Town Map, and receiving a Soothe Bell (very much appreciated), from the farmers of the ranch, Hugh and I explored the ranch looking for the farm's missing Herdier. I continued getting experience for both Ralts and Tepig in the meantime, and eventually find the Herdier in the hands of a grunt claiming to be working for Team Plasma. The situation dissolved quickly after the grunt threw the Frustration TM at me, then ran off before Hugh and the Herdier's trainer came to our location.

After ensuring both Herdiers were accounted for, I left to go see Alder. Alder brought me to a place where two young trainers were being trained by him, and Alder suggested the idea that they should battle me to learn more about how Pokemon battles work. I agreed to the idea and had Tepig battle the two trainers. The first trainer used Grass Pokemon, so naturally Tepig had little trouble, but the Pansour from the second trainer put Tepig in a rough situation after Tepig won, so I called it back and had Ralts defeat the trainer's remaining Pokemon. After Alder discussed a little more about what happened, I was free to leave and plan my next move, though not before Alder, on two separate occasions, told me about a Gym Leader arriving in Aspertia City and to challenge him. To challenge the Gym Leader right away was not going to be a good idea, so I set out to train my team. Aiming for level 14 for all four of my Pokemon might be a safe bet to give the Gym Leader some challenge...at least, that is the plan.

Fini Island Challenge Team Members (at the time of this post)
tepig.png

Tepig Lv. 14 w/ Nothing (Hardy, Thick Fat)
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Ember, Defense Curl

azurill.png

Azurill Lv. 5 w/ Soothe Bell (Hardy, Huge Power)
Moves: Splash, Aqua Jet, Tail Whip, Water Sport

riolu.png

Riolu Lv. 6 w/ Nothing (Lonely, Steadfast)
Moves: Foresight, Quick Attack, Endure, Counter

ralts.png

Ralts Lv. 11 w/ Nothing (Naughty, Synchronize)
Moves: Growl, Confusion, Double Team

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Second challenge update. Proceeded to Celadon and bypassed most of the trainers. Acquired Vulpix and Eevee(whom I promptly evolved into Jolteon at level 27 after learning Quick Attack as an Eevee) and grinded both to 30. Challenged Erika and rolled 3-0 with Vulpix(normally fall to her Gloom but managed to sweep). Then did Rocket Game Corner, Pokemon Tower(wherein Blue was EASY thanks to Jolteon Thunderbolt) and with Super Rod in hand, went to go catch my final Team member in Staryu. Did Silph Co. in Saffron and grinded to 48 before doing Koga and Sabrina. Ninetales and Starmie teamed up for Koga while Jolteon solo?d Sabrina(Double Team + Pin Missile).

Currently resting in Fuchsia before heading out on the Sea Routes. Team is also fully evolved at level 50. Final update will come tomorrow.

PS: I know I?m technically done but my Starmie hasn?t really fought enough.

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
So my team will be
Alakazam
Gengar
Gyarados
Butterfree
Kabutops
Charizard.
My team is gonna be rediculous. see what I did there I'm playing on pokemon RED so... never mind. none of these is illegal I believe

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So my team will be
Alakazam
Gengar
Gyarados
Butterfree
Kabutops
Charizard.
My team is gonna be rediculous. see what I did there I'm playing on pokemon RED so... never mind. none of these is illegal I believe

You're good. First one is your Psychic Type(Req#1), Gyrados and Butterfree are found on Akala(Req#2), Gengar's Special is absurdly high in Gen 1(130!! and meets Req#3), Kabutops is a Rock Type(Req#4) and Charizard is a Fire Type(Kiawe's Trial and meets Req#5).

Do note you only have to go to Erika but feel free to complete the game like I will be. Have fun :)

Midnight Umbreon

Years
You're good. First one is your Psychic Type(Req#1), Gyrados and Butterfree are found on Akala(Req#2), Gengar's Special is absurdly high in Gen 1(130!! and meets Req#3), Kabutops is a Rock Type(Req#4) and Charizard is a Fire Type(Kiawe's Trial and meets Req#5).

Do note you only have to go to Erika but feel free to complete the game like I will be. Have fun :)
that's funny gengar was supposed to be one of the akala but it that works too :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
that's funny gengar was supposed to be one of the akala but it that works too :)

Which Pokemon was for Requirement #3? Special is combined in Gen 1 and Butterfree's Gen 1 Special is only 80 while Gyrados is 100(granted its a quasi-legendary heh).

Midnight Umbreon

Years
Which Pokemon was for Requirement #3? Special is combined in Gen 1 and Butterfree's Gen 1 Special is only 80 while Gyrados is 100(granted its a quasi-legendary heh).

oh, wait not speed special ok yeah no gengar was that special attack guy, keep getting mixed up with koko cuz they are right on top of each other. I still like lele better. I'm fact that picture is me at the ruins o life

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2022
UltimaSoul's Island Challenge Report

Sign-up
Spoiler:

Day 1 Notable Events
Spoiler:

Day 2 Notable Events
Spoiler:

Day 3 Notable Events
Spoiler:

Day 4 Notable Events
Spoiler:

Day 5 Notable Events
Spoiler:

Day 6 Notable Events
Spoiler:

Day 7 Notable Events, ISLAND CHALLENGE COMPLETED!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
And now, for the moment I haven't been waiting for (because Whitney's Miltank exists)...

Episode 2 - One Bulu's Enemy is another Bulu's Ally

I'm not going to lie, I never look forward to facing Whitney. She always gives me problems, just like Red's Snorlax. That's gonna be fun, too. But, there's still a bit of time before that. Plenty of time to grind up, get some items, and get elemental punches on Amphy and maybe Ms. Derp, otherwise I'll be waiting for her to evolve into Slowbro. Right now, Ilex Forest is the next area to visit, and since I already did the rival battle, that's one less thing to worry about. The Farfetch'd hunt isn't even that hard, so Ilex Forest is honestly a pretty uneventful area. Moving on.

So I learned the cop near the day care has a Lv. 17 Growlithe...that obliterated most of my team. Ms. Derp really needs to score some levels, but...we can worry about that later. We now have access to Fire and Thunderpunch for Amphy and Ice Punch when Ms. Derp eventually evolves. I'm hoping to work fast so I can reach Ecruteak, get the Eevee from Bill, and evolve it into Umbreon while it's still night in game. For now, I went to National Park and blew up all the trainers, went through the abomination that was the trainers of Goldenrod City gym, and now...it's time for Whitney.

So, I decided to use Curse strats again, and everything was fine and dandy...until Metronome made the Clefairy use Baton Pass and switch the Miltank in early. Luckily, I was setting up Curse, and even with Miltank's infamous Rollout combo of death, it wasn't able to pierce Ms. Derp's cursed buffs and met it's end along with the Clefairy. That Clefairy did manage to put a number on Ms. Derp with five Doubleslap hits, though...

IjcSnVw.png

So meanwhile, have this accurate image of how much HP Ms. Derp survived on.

Anyway, with the infamous demon cow defeated, we should be on easy street for a while...in theory. Fact is, I still only have a team of three. Hopefully we can change that soon. Meanwhile, Petal instakilled the Sudowoodo with a crit Razor Leaf. I guess he's jealous that he's not getting nearly as much action as Amphy and Ms. Derp, but...tough luck. Anyway, after a terrible experience with a Hypnosis Drowzee from a Psychic, we've arrived in Ecruteak...and went to go heal and send Bill to Goldenrod, so it's time to backtrack!

A male Eevee, but I wasn't getting my hopes up much for a female one. I mean, at this rate, the gender ratio of my team will be even at the end since Miltank is always female and I'll likely get a male Gyarados. Anyway. I named the Eevee Midnight, and he's luckily close to the rest of my party's levels, so he doesn't even need catching up. For now, it's time to get to work on evolving him. First, back to Ecruteak. I chose to do the rival battle, but his Haunter had other plans by completely throwing my team around like a bunch of bowling balls hitting pins called paralysis. It was not a fun time, but I still won. Anyway, the Kimono Girls gave Midnight some valuable experience, but...Eevee can't learn Dig, so it looks like we're switch training this gym.

Anyway, can I just say how shafted Petal is getting so far? I can't use him in this gym because of Ghost/Poison types. Also, I got wiped by Morty's Gengar because Dream Eater hits like a truck. On the second attempt, after going and buying Awakenings beforehand, the Gengar missed all of it's Hypnosis this time while it landed all of them the first time. Nice RNG there, game. Other than some Night Shade shenanigans, the battle wasn't too terrible, you know, unlike the earlier mentioned Haunter fiasco with Lick and "x mon is fully paralyzed." Well, now that we got that settled, I could go to Lake of Rage now and get the Gyarados, but...I think I'll wait and instead get the Miltank instead. First, I had to stock up on Poke Balls.

After forgetting to buy Poke Balls, killing a Miltank by accident, then going back, buying 10 Great Balls, going back again and encountering another Miltank, I got it on the second ball. Whitney the Miltank...is very far behind the rest of the team right now, and that's a bit bad. She'll (hopefully) catch up in time. All that remains is to go get the red Gyarados...but that won't happen until next time because yes.

7l831zM.png

And just in case, evidence that I have collected four badges.

Team Zero

bayleef.png

Petal (Bayleef) Lv. 22 @ Miracle Seed
Moves: Tackle, Cut, Razor Leaf, Reflect

flaaffy.png

Amphy (Flaaffy) Lv. 24 @ Nothing
Moves: Tackle, Fire Punch, Thunderpunch, Thunder Wave

slowpoke.png

Ms. Derp (Slowpoke) Lv. 24 @ Quick Claw
Moves: Curse, Tackle, Confusion, Surf

eevee.png

Midnight (Eevee) Lv. 24 @ Nothing
Moves: Headbutt, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack

miltank.png

Whitney (Miltank) Lv. 13 @ Nothing
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Defense Curl, Stomp​

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
So, being in tribe Fini, the team should include these Pok?mon:
#1. One Water-type Pok?mon (because of Fini's typing)
#2. Two Pok?mon that can be found on Poni Island
#3. One Pok?mon that is Water-Type but doesn't look like a fish
#4. One Ground-type Pok?mon (Poni's Kahuna is Hapi)
#5. One Pok?mon who's gained the Fairy type (Poni's captain is Mina)
#6. In alternative, one Pok?mon that can be found in Ultra Space.
I will assign these numbers to each Pok?mon to ensure that the theme of the squad is consistent!

Update 1 - Umi's Island Challenge - Pok?mon Platinum
I didn't really plan out my team before beginning, nor did I choose the game in which building this team would be easiest, but this will be more fun for sure :]

I started with Piplup without hesitation, as I'd never tried it out in Platinum before, and it fit the third position. I used only Piplup until I got to the entrance of Ravaged Path, where I could obtain a Zubat and a Psyduck.
I completed the quests in Jubilife and battled my rival, Barry, who kept spamming Withdraw with Turtwig but still couldn't survive long enough to my Bubbles!

With the help of Frederick, the first Gym in Oreburgh was very easy. I caught also a Machop and evolved my starter into Prinplup. Afterwards, I arrived to Floaroma Town, battled some Galactic Grunts, and caught a Buizel near the entrance of Valley Windworks. Now, after defeating Mars, I'm on my way to Eterna Town!

The team, therefore, is:
? Prinplup, lv. 17 - 1, #3
? Buizel, lv. 12 - 1, 3, #6
? Psyduck, lv. 9 - #1, 2, 3
? Zubat, lv. 15 - #2
? Machop, lv. 8 - #2

so what that means is:
Golbat can be found in Poni Canyon, so Zubat gets to be in the team as position 2.
Machoke can be found in Poni Island too, so Machop is also position 2. That is all of #2 spots filled.
Prinplup could be the Water-type (slot 1), but also the not-fish Water-type (slot 3). This time it'll be in Slot 3.
Psyduck could occupy slots 1, 2 (Golduck is in Poni Island), or 3 (not a fish). In this case, slot 1 is the only one open.
Buizel can occupy either slot 1 or 3 (not a fish), but both are already taken. However, since Floatzel can be found in the Ultra Space, Buizel can stay in my team as slot 6, replacing either slot 4 or 5 (vacant).

Last edited:
Years

latest

SUON'S ISLAND CHALLENGE
on Pok?mon Black

PRE-GAME
Spoiler:

GYM #1
Spoiler:

GYM #2
Spoiler:

CURRENT TEAM:

pignite.gif

Pua'a
Level 20 | ? | Hasty | Blaze | Charcoal
Attacks: Tackle, Work Up, Arm Thrust, Flame Charge

herdier.gif

Ilio
Level 20 | ? | Impish | Sand Rush | no item
Attacks: Tackle, Work Up, Bite, Rock Smash

munna.gif

Hiamoe
Level 20 | ? | Jolly | Forewarn | no item
Attacks: Psybeam, Defense Curl, Moonlight, Yawn

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Years
Spoiler:
I USED AN EXPLOIT! HAHAHA.Anyway, I only used one potion.
forgot to mention caught a caterpie named it oprah, it is a metapod

Attachments

• IMG_20180724_172839.jpg
    IMG_20180724_172839.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So final update and the final two Gym's were basically Starmie showcasing that Speed + exceptional Special = ownage on Fire, Ground and Poison(via its Psychic Typing). Defeated Blue on my way to Victory Road before reaching the Elite 4. Lorelei was solo'd by Jolteon. Bruno was handled by Venusaur and Butterfree. Agatha was solo'd by Starmie(exploting the Psychic Typing on Ghost) and finally got to Lance. I opened with Jolteon to eliminate his Gyrados and swapped to Onix. His first Dragonair knows Electric moves and hence can't harm the Rock hide my Onix has so I use that fact to raise its Evasion with Double Team. Once Evasion is maxed, I dispose of the ineffective Dragonair to face the next one that happens to have Water and Ice moves. Fortunately with the higher Evasion, I avoid its attacks and eliminate it after a couple STAB moves. Aerodactyl may be a speed demon but can't crack my Rock Snake's hide and falls to Rock Slide. Finally the battle with Dragonite wherein it falls to Rock Slide.

As for Gary/Blue, I open with Starmie to remove Sandslash from play. Swap to Jolteon where I remove Alakazam, Cloyster and Exeggutor. Then for Ninetales I swap to Onix and remove it with an Earthquake. Finally Jolteon falls in the same manner as Nintales to finish the game(and challenge when it moves to Challenge board).

Final team:

Jolteon(level 61)
Thunderbolt
Pin Missile
Quick Attack
Double Team

Onix(level 61)
Strength
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Double Team

Ninetales(level 60)
Confuse Ray
Quick Attack
Flamethrower
Fire Spin

Starmie(level 61)
Surf
Psychic
Swift
Minimize

Butterfree(level 60)
Psybeam
Flash
Sleep Powder
Confusion

Venusaur(level 60)
Cut
Toxic
Leech Seed
Razor Leaf

Last edited:
Years
Actually not much happened in the chapter today, but it had some amazing moments, though, and I caught it all (the winning moments anyway), while recording the big battles, so very soon there will be a video journal, of sorts, of this journey.

Chapter 2: Basic Sense of Triumph

The training took about a day to complete, as I let my Pokemon rest between long sessions. The Azurill was still holding onto the Soothe Bell for some time as I continued training on Route 19 (mainly for lots of EVs). After repeated trips to the Pokemon Center and back to Route 19, eventually the Azurill became so happy being with me that it evolved into a Marill, right as it learned Headbutt. At that point it was time for Riolu to have the Soothe Bell so it would get much stronger as well. While I continued training Riolu and taking it on rides, it was not happy enough to evolve, and it was sunset, so I had thought I would have to wait until tomorrow to get it to evolve. I packed up my things and took my four Pokemon over to the Aspertia Gym where I made quick work of the Gym Trainers there, and carefully planned out my strategies on the two remaining Trainers in the gym: Roxanne, the Gym Leader from Hoenn's Rustboro who was teaching the young students about Pokemon, and Cheren, the Gym Leader of Aspertia.

I challenged Roxanne first and (actually forgotten), found out she was a much more serious Trainer than anybody I encountered so far. Her Lileep was a major thorn to my team, but eventually brought it down with Riolu when it went to charge up for a Solarbeam instead of trying to recover more of its health. The other two Pokemon were not that tough, but gave Ralts and Marill a chance to shine. With Roxanne defeated, all of the side trips I had taken were completed, and it was time to go earn a Gym Badge.

Cheren had six Pokemon that in their own rights had effective strategies, mostly involving the move Work Up, which meant the longer the Pokemon were in play, the harder they would hit. First up was Tepig, who proceeded to Ember Minccino until Minccino finally landed Sing, putting Tepig to sleep. Tepig would wake up before it was finished, though, and brought his opponent down. Tepig got off one attack before Buneary would finish the job. Riolu came out next and kept hitting with Quick Attack to prevent Buneary from stacking Work Up and attack. Riolu finished, but not before being hit with Double Hit, which brought his health down to a third. At that point, I switched out Riolu and let Ralts do some work, especially since Pidove was coming, and I knew Riolu would have trouble with that Pokemon. Despite the best efforts of Pidove and Liilipup, Ralts proved too much for them. Teddiursa would later bring down Ralts, but not before Teddiursa became confused due to Confusion. I wanted to keep Marill fresh for Cheren's last Pokemon, so I sent in Riolu expecting him to fall as well. However, Teddiursa fell quickly because it thought it was the enemy and not Riolu. Riolu leveled up, and to my surprise, learned Force Palm.

At this point I knew Cheren's last Pokemon, Munchlax, was going to get into some serious trouble, and thought I could get in a big blow with Riolu before Riolu fell. However, Riolu wasn't finished yet. One Force Palm took down Munchlax all on its own and I stood there surprised at how quickly the tables turned. I was expecting a drawn out match with Marill using Rollout. That wasn't the end of the story, though, as Riolu had one last surprise for me. The excitement of winning the Gym Battle made Riolu so happy that it evolved into a Lucario in front of my eyes. I had thought it was night already, but as I looked out towards the sky, the sun was still peeking over the horizon, and that was enough for Riolu.

Cheren, impressed with the win, proceeded to hand me the Basic Badge, and told me about the other Gyms on Unova and to go earn the other badges. And so I stared at my badge collection and thought about the upcoming challenges I was to face. I bid farewell to Cheren and proceeded to walk towards the exit of the Gym, anxious to begin the next chapter of my journey...

(Took me 3 tries to beat Roxanne, and 2 tries to beat Cheren.)

Fini Island Challenge Team Members (at the time of this post)
tepig.png

Tepig Lv. 14 w/ Nothing (Hardy, Thick Fat)
Moves: Ember, Tackle, Tail Whip, Defense Curl

marill.png

Marill Lv. 14 w/ Quick Claw (Hardy, Huge Power)
Moves: Aqua Jet, Rollout, Headbutt, Defense Curl

lucario.png

Lucario Lv. 15 w/ Soothe Bell (Lonely, Steadfast)
Moves: Quick Attack, Force Palm, Endure, Feint

ralts.png

Ralts Lv. 14 w/ Nothing (Naughty, Synchronize)
Moves: Confusion, Teleport, Double Team, Growl

Back