• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
14e8875.png
coleslogo.png

Introduction

Pokémon Auburn started off as a little FRLG styled game I started right after I finished school, around late June, to kill time. Since then the game has gone through major changes. I managed to get a few amazing team members to help me out in changing the game to a Gen IV style and the game had lots of progress being made at that point.

Storyline

Pokémon Auburn lets you take control of a young trainer in the Lamore Region, a beautiful and lush region filled with many different Pokémon. As your father is one of the strongest trainers in Lamore, you try and follow in their footsteps by receiving a starter Pokémon from Professor Holly, the regional professor who is located in Persimmon Town. After receiving your starter, you meet up with Professor Holly's son Cedric and engage in a friendly battle with him, this will be the first of many great bouts you fight as a Pokémon trainer. Your next destination lies in Sinopia City, which is slightly larger than Persimmon Town, and a great place for healing your starters battle wounds and buying some nice merchandise at the PokéMart.

Your journey continues on to Bellow Town, where your task is to fight your first Gym Battle against the town's Poison-Type expert Lason, however your quest is momentarily interrupted. Some grunts claiming to be from Team Direct are trying to force a kid to give up his Pokémon, and despite your inexperience, you're the only one up to stopping them. Luckily enough, you're able to fend them off, but those grunts were just a taste of Team Direct's power. The organization's influence has been growing steadily as they cause more mischief throughout the region. Team Direct's grunts may be weak, but the organization's true power lies at the top.

Team Direct's leader, a mysterious man by the name of Nonu seeks to become the most powerful man in the world and rule with Team Direct by his side. After years of toiling in search of it, Nonu has supposedly found the Omega Unown, a forme of Pokémon exclusive to the Lamore region, and one that's powers are far beyond that of all the other Unown. Not much is known about this Pokémon, or if Nonu has it like he is rumored to, but it's supposedly able to bend anyone's will and can act as a means for mass mind control, truly a threat if it ends up in the wrong hands. Nonetheless, it's up to you as the protagonist to win battles, fight evil and write your own story as a Pokemon master.

Features

• Achievements! - Complete certain achievements throughout the game to earn PokéPoints.
  • PokéPoints - A different type of currency. Earn PokéPoints from trainer battles, completing quests, and completing achievements.
  • PokéPoint Shop - Buy things such as EXP Gems, Rare Candybars, Pokémon Eggs that will hatch into any random Pokémon, and much more!
  • Quests - There will be plenty of quests in Auburn for you to complete and earn rewards from.
  • Move Combos (May not be in the game) - Combine two of your Pokémon's moves to make a new one. (example: Ember + Rapid Spin = Fire Spin, Thunderbolt + Quick Attack = Volt Tackle)
  • Explore Lamore - Travel around a brand new region!
  • And much more!

Characters

dm8Ml.png
92c6B.png

Rayne & Alicia
The protagonist of Pokémon Auburn. As the son/daughter of a great Pokémon trainer, it was only natural that you would follow in your father's footsteps and take the gym challenge with a Pokémon by your side. Throughout Pokémon Auburn, you will encounter many characters, Pokémon and conflicts, but nothing can stop you from reaching your dream of being a Pokémon Master.

Cedric
The son of Professor Holly, Cedric is a good-natured boy who loves the spirit of competition. Cedric is always a good sport, but gives nothing less than 100% in battle and always loves to hit the protagonist up for a friendly fight. Cedric's signature Pokémon is an Aipom that he received from his mother, when he was younger. He's secretly a mime holding a box filled with lasagna.

u1pkU.png

Professor Holly
Professor Holly is the Lamore Region's resident Pokémon Professor. She specializes in Pokémon's alternate formes and the environmental and genetic factors that influence a Pokémon to change forme. Professor Holly is a kind and caring individual who helps set the protagonist, as well as her own son, off on their Pokemon journey. Throughout the story, Professor Holly continues to help out the player and provide advice and encouragement to them.

Nonu
???

Starter Pokémon

Pick one of these three starter Pokémon:

037.png
->
038.png

418.png
->
419.png

331.png
->
332.png

They all evolve around late 20's.

Screenshots

v1ypR.png
HoxOX.png
9rGj2.png
719gM.png
UGQZs.png
IvSlX.png
qtlbd.png
fHRqz.png
e10KX.png

The Team

Cilerba - Tiler, Mapper, Eventer
Ben. - Tiler
Goloog - Spriter, Character Designer, does other random tasks
Spherical Ice - Spriter
Zingzags - Scripter
tylerab01 - Scripter

Want to be a part of this team? Send me a PM!

Credits

Poccil/Maruno - Pokémon Essentials
44tim44 - Tiles
DonLawride - HGSS Mart tiles I edited
FL - Script
Abnegation - Map and some stuff
AceDragonite - General help
Aquakip - Sprites
Kyledove - Tiles
Dewitty - Tiles
Daedalus - SULLIVAN

I have a feeling I'm forgetting people to list under credits. PM me if you think you should be here.​

Thread CSS layout created by Abnegation.
Pokémon and related titles are ©2011 of their respective copyright and trademark owners. Pokémon Auburn is a non-profit fan game created by Cilerba.

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
This is kind of a cool game I think 8)

No but seriously, seeing the progress of this game firsthand and helping with ideas and all that jazz, I know this game will be great. The indoor tiles are exceptionally sublime lol (Y), as well as your eventing, although you can't really see all of that in action here since it's just screenshots.

Years
Wow, with such a great team there's no way this could go wrong! Especially that Spherical Ice guy, I heard he's a great dude.

Anyway, you know i love this so far. There are so many quirks that build up, from the introduction sequence to just being asleep in pyjamas etc. I'm so hyped to see this finished. :D

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Wow screens look nice. I see you can change your clothes in this game? To what extent could you do so?

Also, interesting choice of starters.

Riansky

Purr
Years
Wow this is sweet! I really like the whole tileset desing. Its something new and it looks really nice! I really like the idea of clothes changing. Can't wait to see more! Also I can help you map if you want ^^

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2015
I have to ask how will the game be balenced since vulpix is the only one out of the selected starters that evolves with a stone? Have you changed it so that it evolves at a certain level? Other than that the game looks good so far.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
I have to ask how will the game be balenced since vulpix is the only one out of the selected starters that evolves with a stone? Have you changed it so that it evolves at a certain level? Other than that the game looks good so far.

It says under all of the starters that they will all evolve late 20s.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
Yes yes, if I had more time I could script for you, but that is the reason I stopped scripting for Imperial Sky and Ameritine.

Cilerba

Years
This is kind of a cool game I think 8)

No but seriously, seeing the progress of this game firsthand and helping with ideas and all that jazz, I know this game will be great. The indoor tiles are exceptionally sublime lol (Y), as well as your eventing, although you can't really see all of that in action here since it's just screenshots.

Oh you're too kind.

Wow, with such a great team there's no way this could go wrong! Especially that Spherical Ice guy, I heard he's a great dude.

Anyway, you know i love this so far. There are so many quirks that build up, from the introduction sequence to just being asleep in pyjamas etc. I'm so hyped to see this finished. :D

Thanks. :3

Wow screens look nice. I see you can change your clothes in this game? To what extent could you do so?

Also, interesting choice of starters.

As of right now, there's just a really small event where you need to put on your clothes and fix up your bedhead. I plan on including more outfit changes.

But yeah, thanks!

Wow this is sweet! I really like the whole tileset desing. Its something new and it looks really nice! I really like the idea of clothes changing. Can't wait to see more! Also I can help you map if you want ^^

Thanks! Yeah some mapping help would be cool.

Like DaSpirit said, I've changed all of the starters to evolve to their second evolution somewhere in the late 20's. I'll leave that to you guys to find out exactly when.

Yes yes, if I had more time I could script for you, but that is the reason I stopped scripting for Imperial Sky and Ameritine.

Scripting help would be cool, yeah. We don't really need much so maybe if you're up for doing a few things just PM me or note me on deviantART.

Finally another game with a graphical eye gasm.

:D

Not much of an update but I added in Holly's full body mugshot to the first post so there's something new for you guys to look at until we've got a proper update ready.

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
I like the look of this game, and the way you've presented the story :D i'll be cheering you on ^.^

...vulpix or buizel..hardest choice of my life

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Wow!
I'm loving the look of this, although it's a Gen IV look, you've laid it out so it looks your own style, well done! <3

Cilerba

Years
Looking fancy, Max!
Can't wait to see more of Auburn.
Too bad I don't really have the time to help. :/

Thanks! Don't worry you've helped out quite a bit with just the couple of tiles you made for me. :P

Looking good! ;)
Achievements certainly seem like a nice addition, and I wish you good luck with this project.

Thank you. :3

I like the look of this game, and the way you've presented the story :D i'll be cheering you on ^.^

...vulpix or buizel..hardest choice of my life

Why not both?

Wow!
I'm loving the look of this, although it's a Gen IV look, you've laid it out so it looks your own style, well done! <3

Thanks that's what I was going for. :D

Update Time!

Before I start off with showing off the new screenshots, I want to apologize for waiting this long for an update. too much minecraft

Trainer's School

icP2T.png
yFjAD.png
iajMe.png

Route 1

X86DN.png
jfc7Y.png
xCXD4.png

Route 3

kJ1tp.png
xMH3D.png
p1ozc.png

Misc

yIUyu.png
sVbw4.png

You can view the full map for Route 3 here.

I'd also like to welcome zingzags to the Auburn team! He'll be making scripts and such for us.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Damn, 11 Screenshots, you could make another damn showcase thread with that

Joking aside, it at all looks awesome, I love the sand effect in the desert, through some Ruin Maniacs in there though.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
"This is how you Pokemon"

Other than that this game looks lovely, great job so far man. If you need any miscellaneous pixel art let me know, I'd be happy to help.

Sirfetch’d

Looks wonderful. Will there be any gen 5 pokemon? I would love for a jellicent to be in the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back