• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Muse

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
My little brother's big Muse fan. He has all 6 of their (studio) albums. As for me, I'm a fan of their work but I don't listen to them as much as he does. I know mainly the hit singles along with a few others. Some of my favorite are Madness, Panic Station, Supermassive Black Hole, Uprising, Stockholm Syndrome, I Belong To You, Hysteria, Knights of Cydonia , Supremacy, and Starlight. The only of their albums I've listened to fully, though is The @nd Law, so I can't fully compare it to their other albums. But I really like it and I don't get what's so bad about the "dubstep" parts. I don't see it as them trying to be "radio-friendly" or "popular" or anything but I see it as them just experimenting. All good artist experiment from time to time and from the songs I've heard of their, it sounds like they like to change it up every album. And personally I see nothing wrong with a band or artist who wants to experiment with their sound and that people complain too much when and artist changes their style. Honestly if they said the same, people would get bored and complain that they're not changing. Okay rant over.
So I think The 2nd Law is a pretty good album imo and is underrated but I love alot of their other stuff a little more. Though I like dubstep so that makes me enjoy it a little more. *shrugs*

Years
@Alex Ok, well to be honest heavily might of been too strong of a term, influence might of been the better word, but if you listen to the song (conveniently placed reminder), you'll hear it in the song flow, and structure.

@AWsquared I <3 Dubstep (or at least some of it), and while I'm on the bandwagon for Muse experimentation, I just felt that the result was overall weak and uninteresting in the studio recording. There is still the wonderful fact that they created all those sounds with a guitar!. Which is Awesome! I feel like hearing the tracks live would be just the best!.

Back