• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite RSE Moment?

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
Finishing the Mach Bike maze in Sky Pillar (did I get that right) was the crowning moment of awesome for me. I was younger then and catching Rayquaza on top of the pillar made me cry xD

Years
Sotopolis City in the middle of Kyogre-Groudon fight. Storm, rain, wind, people watching the fight, rain in the whole area in general, me fishing between the legendaries like nothing's happening.

Some other moments are discovering the Foretree city, first diving, finding the submarine, aqua-lava team fight with Poochyenas...etc. xD

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
1. Meeting my first shiny in any Pokemon game ever...a Marill.
2. Beating Steven 1st try with my friend watching! Man...that was intense.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Ehh, hard to think of a specific moment right at the top of my head, but I generally loved the entire game, juuusstt apart from the fact that about 1/4th of the game took place on water >:[ I guess some of my favourite moments would probably be beating the E4 for the first time and finally capturing the Regis. Reason beating the E4 is special, is pretty much because it's one of the hardest E4's imo. I don't know if I've just been super lazy each time I played through the games when it comes to balancing my team and their levels, but I've generally found R/S/E to be some of the hardest games in the main games series, and with the Victory Road and the E4 just shining up there at the top. My Pokemon were almost always heavily underleveled and super weak, and the only reason I beat the E4 in my most recent playthrough, was because I did a cop-out and just used Kyogre instead of my Ludicolo. But in my very first playthrough, I spent so long trying to get through it. I honestly think I just gave up at one point and started over, but I don't quite remember. I just remember the happiness I felt when I finally claimed my victory against Steven and his gosh darn Metagross ;D And one of my more memorable moments actually came right after that, but I wouldn't really refer to it as a "good" moment.

Immediately after beating the E4, I went straight ahead to catching Rayquaza. On the way to the Sky Pillar however, I encountered Latios. Only problem was, I didn't actually know it was a legendary, so I just ran away. I don't know why it didn't even occur to me, that it wasn't a Pokemon I ever had seen before, and the fact that it looked legendary should've at least meant something to me. But no, I was too set on catching Rayquaza, I didn't even think about it :p

As for my other greatest moment in the game, it was probably finally figuring out the braille, and meeting the requirements to go through them, and finally catching the regis. I mean seriously Game Freak, nobody reads the game manuals, why would you include the decryption codes in it, especially if you're targeting the games at kids who are likely to throw those away :( Or was that just me? Either way, it wasn't until one of my friends found the braille codes in the manual (I'm pretty sure it was in there? It's been years) that I finally managed to get myself some Regis. Right after I got my mom to translate the English for me ;D

Sirfetch’d

Like Olli, I can't think of a favorite moment to tell you the truth. I guess encountering Castform for the first time as a gift is probably it because of how much I love that Pokemon, but really the entire game was magnificent and it is too hard to single out one part that was better than another. These games will never be topped because they are absolutely flawless.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Beating Steven for the first time in Sapphire. He was hard, but it was totally worth beating him in the end.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Rayquaza's descending to stop the fight.

I wish they have a remake of RSE so we can see it in 3D!

Typhon

'sup
Years
The moment when Rayquaza comes down from the sky, to calm down Kyogre and Groudon. That looked insanely awesome, and I always love seeing it :D

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Mine was catching Rayquaza with a pokeball on my third try.

This! Although not on the third try, I loved catching Rayquaza with a Pokéball. I also liked the Battle Frontier in its entirety. It's the best one imo
ec20fb7f.gif

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Like what AlienhunterX said, I thought the part when Rayquaza appeared as Kyogre and Groudon fought was freaking awesome.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Well the most amazing and coolest moment is the Animation when Rayquaza stopped 2 legendary Pokemon Kygore & Groudon, for me. Well first I didn't knew something like gonna happen in Emerald (My first game of the hoenn league) i just don't knew something like that gonna happen, That time I was just thinking what will happen next can i catch Rayquaza (It happen after i exit the Sky pillar) I just don't know what to do. Then i just went to the Sootopolis city i saw Groudon and Kygore was fighting . If anyone gonna stop this rivalry destructing fight so that was none other then Rayquaza. I didn't even knew what's gonna happen i just went to the other side of the bank of the lake. Then i saw the gym leader (8th Gym leader, forgot the name though) and Steven.. then i talked to the Gym leader then the event continues showing the fighting between the legendary rivals. Then suddenly Rayquaza is shown to be appear in the Sky. Dude it was the coolest and an Unforgettable moment animation. How great that scene was ! Rayquaza coming to save the destruction from the Legendary rivals. Then within a minute the event ends...... though it become my favorite moment in R\S\E.

And after beating the E4 league, the credit that has been shown was amazing for me, so yeah... I also like that attractive Credit scene where The hero run toward some Pokemon in a bike it was a really great scene. Both scene were amazing i really like those.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
For me was beating the Elite 4 and the part where The Legendary Trio appear was Awesome because the animations were Amazing and in when I was trying to beat the E4 in R/S/E my heartbeat was beating really fast like I was driving a Race Car. (I bought lot's of Full Restores and Revives.)

TheGuitahHeroe

i make songs with a computer
Years
My memories of Pokemon Ruby are pretty hazy...but the main part I can remember from the game was the time right before the last gym where Maxie caused the huge drought. And the change in music was really cool as well.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
My favorite moment was finally defeating the Elite Four and on that same day, discovering the Battle Frontier. It was like a whole new world of competitive Pokemon was opened to me. Winning the medals in the Frontier was unbelievably exciting. I felt like a master of the game.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
When I was randomly grinding in my challenge run and then when I went to the Pokemon Center to get my Pokemon all healed up, nurse Joy said one of my Pokemon got infected with the Pokerus. It was the first time that ever happened to me, I was soooo happy :3

Back