• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
He called you a idiot. o_O isthiswhyhesbandyoubandhimlol
Well, I have a friend in the school doing a BW Nuzlocke. He has an R4. I sooooo hate him.
And yeah chaos, I had bragging rights of being the first kid in school with a legit EU HeartGold (looks at R4 friend, hates him even more).
And it's italic because of the Quote copy. :-(

offtopicihatemyselflol

Guys Guys Challenge Challenge :

THE JUNK RAISING CHALLENGE

Basically, this challenge requires no game restart, so it's cool with me, since I tend to turn all my games into hubs of trading and friendly battling (that's in school). You just tell us what Pokemon you got lying in your boxes, and we pick 6 for you to raise by grinding/trainer rematching/stuff. Every game ends when you beat the Elite twice.

Decided to make this when I saw the "Those that got away challenge". Since you had to restart, so I decided to make a similar thing without restarting.
Should we make a separate thread or just incorporate this in the current one ?

Well I don't see the point in making similar challenges lol.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey syd, are you going to evolve that fighting type of yours, or do you not have some1 to trade with?

Also what about a challenge were you're pokemon aren't allowed STAB moves?

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Well, I think I'll talk to sammu for putting that into his thread. I really want to clear some trash, improve my Pokedex and clean my boxes from HG a little.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Well, I think I'll talk to sammu for putting that into his thread. I really want to clear some trash, improve my Pokedex and clean my boxes from HG a little.

There's a lot of trash in Isshu, I would start there first ^_^

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Here at Myrrhman's Diamond Version, we don't discriminate against any Pokemon. We store all 493 Pokemon in our luxurious boxes, along with numerous healthy berries, TMs, and Pokeballs to play in.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Here at Myrrhman's Diamond Version, we don't discriminate against any Pokemon. We store all 493 Pokemon in our luxurious boxes, along with numerous healthy berries, TMs, and Pokeballs to play in.

Yes, I've seen your video. ^_^ Red kept saying you lied. lol.
Well, I haven't talked to sammu yet. I hope I will, ASAP.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
The only reason I did that challenge so fast was that I had already wanted to do that before Red made the topic. So I was already like 10 Pokemon away. I'm actually doing it again in my free time on every generation (emulator). This one is just for me though, and I know I'm not cheating.

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
How about a Pokemon can only learn its 4 most recent moves it has learnt. For example, Chimchar's first 4 moves are Scratch, Leer, Ember and Taunt... When it comes to learn Mach Punch (its 5th move as Monferno) it must delete Scratch and learn Mach Punch and when it learns Fury Swipes it must delete Leer. (TMs and Hms aren't allowed, only for HM slaves)

Another idea I had was to have 5 or 6 reoccuring names with all of your pokemon and they can only be replaced in the party by another with the same name. (This works well with nuzlocke).

Say I named my starter A, my pidgey B, rattata C, ekans D, geodude E, togepi F and bellsprout B... if my pidgey faints i must switch it with bellsprout and if any other pokemon faints there must be a gap in the team. (6th in the team can be resevred for HM slave). (This idea is probably an add on rule to some challeneges but I enjoyed using this rule)

Thoughts??? (apologies if these ideas have already been mentioned I only read a few pages of the thread)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
How about a Pokemon can only learn its 4 most recent moves it has learnt. For example, Chimchar's first 4 moves are Scratch, Leer, Ember and Taunt... When it comes to learn Mach Punch (its 5th move as Monferno) it must delete Scratch and learn Mach Punch and when it learns Fury Swipes it must delete Leer. (TMs and Hms aren't allowed, only for HM slaves)

I've thought of that myself, actually. I would never do it, though. I'd get too annoyed.

I was gonna re-enter the monotype challenge since playing Red for PUAP yesterday reminded me of what I was doing. But idk if I even have enough interest to keep playing it through til the end. I get so lazy with challenges.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Um, Syd... you've double posted. (:
Yes, well, I've talked to sammu. Seems like I'll finally be able to clock some more hours into HeartGold. With a Pokedex count of 399 (the biggest in our school (: and a lot of trash in the boxes, it's sure gonna come in handy.
Plus, I'll be able to put an effort of 300 hours into the game (currently 278 and counting). So yeah...

Um, kay, so I've made a thread for the Box Clearance challenge. Hope to get some challenges up ! ^_^

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ Haha, I love your sig. :) And yeah, PC was crapping on me that day. I tried to delete it after I saw it posted twice, but it was being slow and pages wouldn't load and I was like "fine i'll do it later" and forgot.

Also, I think that this is the only time I've ever been doing so many challenges. I'm doing a triospecies on Ruby, PUAP, monotype on Red (which I need to sign back up for, I guess), and a favorite challenge on SoulSilver (which I need to get back to, lol). And technically a random challenge on Pearl, because when I played it for PUAP, I was like "oh, this is from when I posted a blog and asked people to think of a team for me lol"

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Oh, Syd, would you mind accepting the Box Clearance Challenge ?
And yes, Amore made it. :] I think you all love his styles, they all rock.
And I've made progress on my Pt. Favorite. I'm in Veilstone already (lol), thinking I never updated for... a long time ! xD
I might do an update today, if I can find my Platinum.
Oh, and I am doing a run with Mew and some other Pokemon named after you guys. That Mew was impossible to nickname, so I just got Mondays the Totodile.
So, um, which Pokemon do you want to be ?
Btw, I'm playing SoulSilver.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ I wanna be Smeargle or Umbreon. :) Male or female, it matters not lol. And I don't see your challenge. But if it meets the right requirements, then it'll likely be approved.

Hello, distraction. Thy name is Pokemon White. I need to get back to PUAP but I have not been in the mood for Sapphire!

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Nice team revamp Syd ! ^_^ And yes, my PUAP is on hold due to school. Tomorrow = geometry test. I SUCK at geometry.

Spr_5b_635.png

Pokemon ? Dangerous ? Where ? When ?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Thank you. I needed a new team. The old ones weren't gonna cut it in eastern Isshu. And Sazandora is a destructive beast.

Spoiler:

So it's been a while since I've worked on any CHALLENGES. I would also like to point out that some guy came up to the top floor of the library and is just sleeping. Like...idek.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Ah, lucky him. Our library is too small for me to be able to sleep.
Yeah, I'll just be logging my FR Omega Nuzlocke on the challenge forum Ace made. Just 'cause I can make my own thread and I hope getting nicknames first.
And I'm doing the Box Clearance challenge ! =D Also, expect more Pokemon signatures with this sort of art ; I got the site where Amore got this beast from. ;-)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I have an idea for a challenge!

My threads generally aren't successful....except my one in Hg/Ss about the Mew event, so somebody else'd post it...

But, basically, you have to give yourself a backstory! i.e. you already have your own pokemon (trade over an egg asap and hatch it before advancing), or you have a fear (no bug pokemon allowed??), or a deep hatred of a pokemon which means you have to battle and defeat every one you ever meet, or your starter pokemon has a rivalry with another of its' type (i.e. Empoleon and Barry's Floatzel), or something like that.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
That might be good for comics and stuff. That's why Nuzlocke has all sorts of stuff around Ruby.
But that might be cool, and some people might even start writing whole stories and making their own comic. (:
But I suck at drawing, so stories for me...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hi guys. I added two rules (I think I did anyway lol), one will be heavily liked I'm sure. Check it out, yo. Also, you should totes check that announcement I posted. ;o kbye

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
Years
pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but reading through 22 pages of posts just to avoid a duplicate post could take hours.

how bout the "Unknown Challenge"

You can only use Unknown to get through the game. The only exception is when you need to have a different pokemon to use an hm move to progress in the story(cut,surf,waterfall,strength) but you can't use the hm slave in battle.

pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but reading through 22 pages of posts just to avoid a duplicate post could take hours.

How bout the "Unknown Challenge"

You can only use Unknown to get through the game. The only exception is when you need to have a different pokemon to use an hm move to progress in the story(cut,surf,waterfall,strength) but you can't use the hm slave in battle.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
As with the guy before me, apologies if this has been suggested already. But how about this idea: a challenge where you can only use Pokemon with BST of over, say, 520 or 530, but you can only use HM moves (obviously the rule doesn't apply until you get Cut).

Alternatively, for a bit more difficulty, you can only use Pokemon with BST of 500+, but you can only use moves with a power of 50 or less (and no Technician)?

Last but not least, for the most difficult variant, how about you can use any Pokemon (including those with less than 500 BST) but only moves with 50 power or less?

It could be called the "Arms Tied Behind Your Back" Challenge or something like that... Also, for added extra difficulty, you could tie in the rule that you can't use any STAB moves onto any of those variants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back