• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Aladdin (2019)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today

A new trailer has been released for the upcoming live action adaption of Aladdin.

What do you think? Will you be seeing this when it is released? Based on this trailer, what do you think of Will Smith's spin on Genie?

Last edited:

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
Story/graphic looks good, but i am disappointed in The Characters.

When i saw just now the video at ending... I didn't expect Will.

I would prefer someone created just like transformers (Something not real)

But i will still try it and see if i change my mind.

pkmin3033

Considering Robin Williams was the only reason to watch the original Aladdin, I have absolutely no interest in watching this. Or even any hope that it'll be even partially decent, especially if the live adaptation of The Jungle Book is anything to go by.

...and as awful as this looks, it still looks better than Dumbo. Oh, Disney. How the mighty have fallen.

Years
I'm getting very tired of Disney churning out live-action remakes that are beat for beat nearly identical to the original animated versions. I know that first and foremost Disney is a business, so it's difficult to accuse them of making a shameless cash grab because that is the entire purpose of a company, but these are just shameless cash grabs.

I'm a lot more critical of the consumer base that is just eating these up though. We're never going to get more original content from entertainment companies if we keep catapulting stacks of money at them for the same low-effort crap.

I will say that I think Will Smith could actually be a pretty decent Genie but naturally he won't come close to Robin Williams and it's a little unfair to expect anyone to actually be able to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Contrary to gimmepie, I love these live action remakes <3 It gives fun opportunities to slightly adjust old classics while keeping the core (and songs!) the same, and it's often a delight to see my old favorite movies in a new light.

Not too sure about the genie to be honest... It doesn't look or sound at all like the old one o:

Years
Contrary to gimmepie, I love these live action remakes <3 It gives fun opportunities to slightly adjust old classics while keeping the core (and songs!) the same, and it's often a delight to see my old favorite movies in a new light.

Not too sure about the genie to be honest... It doesn't look or sound at all like the old one o:

I don't really get what's so enjoyable about watching the exact same movie but this time the actors aren't quite as good and it's not animated.

Like I said, name one actor who could possibly play the role as well as Robin Williams did. xD

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Pretty keen for this! Aladdin has always been one of my favourite Disney movies so excited to see it in a new light. The live action Beauty and the Beast was stunning so I have high hopes for this one! Only thing I'm a bit iffy about is the look of the genie but I can't really see how they could have integrated a genie better in a live action film

Years
I am happy about Disney animated films getting a lots of remakes, i feel like Disney is changing. I am hoping for more live-action/cgi remakes that include Peter Pan, Aristocats, Pinocchio and more.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I have to side with Gimmepie because I brought this up elsewhere in that Disney is regurgitating old content in a new "format". What was once Animation is being turned into live action and it just doesnt sit well with me because it almost never works out and destroys the memory of the Animated series/movie its based on. Ex: You see the Kim Possible reboot? Yeah... enough said. With respect to Aladdin, Robin Williams made that movie due to his time as a comic but also because he could act. Not saying Will Smith can't act but he's no Robin Williams. Dumbo, from what I can tell, looks nothing like its Animated counterpart(not surprising really) and the other live action remakes have their flaws/issues. I just see Aladdin, Dumbo and Lion King having a major flop at the Box Office.

Back