• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
This forum is a question about Maplestory. I have it downloaded on my PC (Via Steam). I want to play it, but i don't want to wait for steam to take an eternity to download the update even though the game patches itself. The question is, should i uninstall the Steam version of Maplestory and download the version from Nexon's site?
Steam is only an added inconvenience when the game doesn't use its updating system. I'd recommend installing the non-steam version, then adding a shortcut to it in Steam (Add a Game... → Add a Non-Steam Game...) so you can use the in-game chat and whatnot.

Years
Fix My Streetpass!

Hey guys, I'm hoping somebody could give me a hand troubleshooting my 3DS XL. So I recently upgraded from a 3DS to the XL version. I used the system transfer feature to transport all of my information over. I thought it went quite well, transferring all my saves and settings, including my Mii plaza and streetpass info. The thing is, the streetpass feature is no longer working properly. I've noticed that the green light will come on, indicating that I have streetpassed somebody, but when I go to check, it says that nobody has been street passed. I tested it with my girlfriend, who I have streetpassed many times. The light came on, but when I went in, it said it had been over a month since our last streetpass. All the settings seem fine. Any ideas? :(
Thanks in advance!

Years
Have you checked and made sure that your 3DS system software is up to date? You can do so by going to System Settings > Other Settings > #4 > System Update, and download the update if it asks you to. I know for a fact that the MiiPlaza recently received an upgrade, and it's almost like an overhaul, so be sure you follow those steps provided and see if StreetPass works again.

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
[Ps vita] Pas:br vs gravity rush vs Lbp vita?

A friend has gifted me a $50 psn card I'm so excited to buy any new game on the vita, but I'm stuck on which game to bu? I'm thinking of huying Pas:br, on the other hand gravity rush which looks very fun, also thinking of buying lbp vita as all of my near recommends me too buy one. Help!

Years
Get PS Plus subscription. Instant game collection is probably the best service Sony could offer. (Gravity Rush is also in IGC)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Get PS Plus subscription. Instant game collection is probably the best service Sony could offer. (Gravity Rush is also in IGC)
Absolutely agree. With 50$ to spend, it's absolutely best to buy a PS+ =)
And I agree with Gravity Rush :) It's truly one of the most awesome games on Vita =)

@pok(abr.): By having PS+ you will get many games for free. :) It's really fantastic =)
And for the rest you can buy yourself a game you want :) Or you can buy add-ons for Gravity Rush to have 100% trophy collection :D

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
HD PVR, Should I?

HD PVR, I've been wondering lately if I should get one or not, I've been wanting to start a YouTube channel for a long time. I just never had the proper equipment such as the HD PVR, HDTV, Mic. So my question to you guys is do you think I should get an HD PVR I would replace my turtle beach x12's so I could record Live commentary as I play. I also have GameFly so I play alot of games.

However I don't have an HDTV, all game play will be recorded on an SDTV. I do want high quality videos and easy cap/dazzle wont cut it even with my S-Video cable from what i seen on YouTube I'd have to do way to many adjustments to get it to look half decent.

So what you guys think, should I get an HD PVR?

Oh I forgot to mention this would be for the xbox360

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I have a HDPVR, had it for over 2 years and unless your really dedicated it isn't worth it. I only used to use it for montages and my personal life got far to busy now I have barely any time to play at all and really wasn't worth it. If your pationate though should pick it up and give it a go.

Years
HD PVR, I've been wondering lately if I should get one or not, I've been wanting to start a YouTube channel for a long time. I just never had the proper equipment such as the HD PVR, HDTV, Mic. So my question to you guys is do you think I should get an HD PVR I would replace my turtle beach x12's so I could record Live commentary as I play. I also have GameFly so I play alot of games.

However I don't have an HDTV, all game play will be recorded on an SDTV. I do want high quality videos and easy cap/dazzle wont cut it even with my S-Video cable from what i seen on YouTube I'd have to do way to many adjustments to get it to look half decent.

If you're gonna buy an HD PVR, you need to know for yourself that REALLY want to do this. Do not waste money on something you're not gonna use. As for HD, I still think it's gonna be in 480i. It's unfortunate you don't use scart (red, white, yellow), that seems to work for anyone. As for recording, the cheapest way is to simply plug in your headphones (which are not bad BTW so don't replace them), and then use any free program to record your voice. I recommend Sony Vegas to splice together video/audio and your voice, aswell as rendering the video before uploading.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years

I have the HDPVR Game Edition and, before my computer got stupid, It was a wonderful thing. Far better than the Dazzle.

I would recommend it. However, I know nothing of S-Video cables as I used HDMI cables and the HDPVR Game Edition came with 3.

Overall, I think it's a wonderful device and I would highly recommend it.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Thanks so much guys...

I got another question for you guys? do you think videos with intro's are more from kids, or is it a professional thing, because I've seen ppl with no intros wit more than 100,000 subs.. If i made an intro it would be simple but as I think more on the idea I think intro's are to establish a brand... My gamertag is the same as my youtube channel I also own HippoZoned.com so I wanna establish a brand but i wanna get supporters first so what do you guys think too soon for something like this

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
I think a short and sweet intro that establishes a brand like you said is completely fine and adding it is no harm done. You may be worried because there have been many cases of overly long intros that deter the quality of a video, but the one you showcased in your post is fine to me. Adding it wouldn't take away any quality from your videos and it would make your channel's name more well known. Basically all positives, haha.

Also, if you have any further questions about your YouTube channel that might not directly be related to Video Gaming, check out the Technology & Internet section as it's more suited for this type of thing.

Last edited:

T!M

Years
I think a short and sweet intro that establishes a brand like you said is completely fine and adding it is no harm done. You may be worried because there have been many cases of overly long intros that deter the quality of a video, but the one you showcased in your post is fine to me. Adding it wouldn't take away any quality from your videos and it would make your channel's name more well known. Basically all positives, haha.

If you add intros it shows your putting much more effort to your videos. And that guarders respect. But as Apple has stated, keep it brief. F'n DBZAnto (Who I hate with a burning passion) needs to tone his egotistical intro down. *Spits on his channel*

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 5, 2022
Next Gen Choices?

Guys, I'm in a rut... Next Gen is fast approaching and I can't decide which to buy. Should I buy an xbox One(I am a huge Fable and Halo fan) OR should I get a Playstation 4(I am a huge sucker for sony exclusives like Jak and Sly and stuff) What do you all think I should do now?

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Guys, I'm in a rut... Next Gen is fast approaching and I can't decide which to buy. Should I buy an xbox One(I am a huge Fable and Halo fan) OR should I get a Playstation 4(I am a huge sucker for sony exclusives like Jak and Sly and stuff) What do you all think I should do now?

Xbox One has been negatively received by critics and fans alike, while the Playstation 4 is more on the positive side. Like most console decisions, it comes down to personal preference, but even if you do like the Xbox exclusives, the One is looking to be a bust, and for the safer choice I'd go with PS4.

One of the biggest problems with One is that you can't play 360 games off of it, and that in itself is a dealbreaker for me. We've seen it in consoles before though, so it shouldn't be much of a problem? You're right, but Microsoft wasn't done there. Along with that, you aren't allowed to share games with your friends. Once you use it on your console, you can't use it anywhere else!

I'm not going to bore you with the whole deal, as there is a ton more about One that has disgusted fans of previous Xbox models, and I'd suggest looking up some comparison articles if you need to go more in depth. How it looks right now, though, is a whopping advantage to PS4.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 5, 2022
Thanks for clearing that up for me:) I've chosen the PS4, and ill still have my ole 360 for Fable so its all good now

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Apple Juice said:
Along with that, you aren't allowed to share games with your friends. Once you use it on your console, you can't use it anywhere else!

That used to be the case, but Microsoft have changed it recently. ^^" According to an update on their news site, games may be lent, resold, or given away just like the current Xbox 360 games.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Xbox One, but I'm not sure if I'll be getting it. One way or the other, it'll end up taking more money away from us than the PS4. If you're rich and have a lot of money to spare, then you should probably go for it. Haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: T!M

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
That used to be the case, but Microsoft have changed that recently. ^^" According to an update on their news site, games may be lent, resold, or given away just like the current Xbox 360 games.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Xbox One, but I'm not sure if I'll be getting it. One way or the other, it'll end up taking more money away from us than the PS4. If you're rich and have a lot of money to spare, then you should probably go for it. Haha.

Thanks for correcting me, I wasn't aware of the change! Probably because I wasn't in America during that time, lmao. Though, truth be told, the reason they did go through with it was probably that they realized how much the media and general audience despised the console. Even with that, I stand by my original opinion that you should purchase PS4.

Years
Xbox Done has been all over the place as of late, though. Especially with their DRM....but hey, I guess them allowing used games is a plus, even though that whole "HEY SHARE WITH 10 FRIENDS/FAMILY MEMBERS" is gone now.

T!M

Years
This used to be the case, but Microsoft have changed that recently. ^^" According to an update on their news site, games may be lent, resold, or given away just like the current Xbox 360 games.

I was a little skeptical when the initial features were announced but I can tell you this, when the news for the changes came out. I certainly rubbed it in my friend's face on FB who hated the XBOne not because of the features it started with, but because they thought they were cool for hating it because others were hating it.

I'm like; dude, form your own opinion and stop being mainstream..

Purchase of the XBOne for Tim confirmed.

Back