• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Second Hack of the Quarter - 2012

Hack of the Quarter?

• Pokemon Bronze

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Pokemon Rose

Votes: 58 51.3%
  • Pokemon Furious Flames

Votes: 38 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Second Hack of the Quarter - 2012

Introduction:

This Hack of the Quarter competition will run to the first of December, so you have until then to vote for your choice. The winning hack's thread will be stickied for three months, until the next competition's winner is announced and it will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. The thread's owner will also receive an emblem to go along with their accomplishment. Only those hacks which are in either the Progressing Hacks or the Hacks Showcase forums and have not won Hack of the Month/ Quarter/ Year previously are eligible for nomination.

Feel free to discuss which hack you voted for and why, but please keep the comments clean. Ready? Go!

This Quarter's Eligible Hacks:

Bronze1.png
Bronze2.png
Bronze3.png

ou03yf.jpg
2vcb5o0.jpg
vhgk9i.jpg

Treeckp.png
Old.png
Hoenn2.png

Rules:
  • You may vote for one hack, once per contest.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll rather than posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this quarter.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I've gotta say, Pokémon Rose surely does have plenty of nicely designed tilesets for a Pokémon FireRed Version ROM hack. Compared to the other two, I think it gets my tick of approval. I've voted for it, and at first I was thinking about going for Pokémon Bronze, but then I realized that there hasn't been much in the way of graphics that have changed, so it still needs more progress. ;)

So anyways, let's see who's going to win HotQ, eh? ^^

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I am not familiar with any of these, so will abstain at this point. As I only hang around Hacks Showcase and not Progressing Hacks, I'm curious to know why a hack eligible for this isn't already in the Hacks Showcase? Progressing Hacks can still be abandoned and not completed, at least to a point one in Hacks Showcase is.

Cyclone

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I am not familiar with any of these, so will abstain at this point. As I only hang around Hacks Showcase and not Progressing Hacks, I'm curious to know why a hack eligible for this isn't already in the Hacks Showcase? Progressing Hacks can still be abandoned and not completed, at least to a point one in Hacks Showcase is.

Cyclone

Well Pokemon Rose it's a pretty good hack, I like what they did to graphics and music. And don't forget scripting. :D

Well, all this hacks have made specific progress and have released BETA's already. And Hacks Showcase hacks can be abandoned as well. Remember that Pokemon Light doesn't have a released version yet so it can be abandoned. Or maybe hacks with BETA's already will be discontinued.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

Cyclone

Previous/ other contests (HotM, HotY) have never been Hacks Showcase exclusive; so long as you have a good hack or one that shows promise then it is eligible for being selected. Yes, hacks in Progressing can be abandoned, but that can happen in the Showcase as well.

One of the rules also invalidates a lot of the hacks in the Showcase anyway - Previous HotY/ HotM winners can't be nominated, which knocks out a good 80% of active Showcase threads right now. It is far better for all involved that Progressing Hacks can be chosen so that the quality of the contest remains high and we don't see the same hacks pop up every few months.

Years
I voted for Pokemon Furious Flames because the ROM Hack kind of reminds me of Pokemon Fire Red Omega by Drayano60. I also like how Hoenn is in the game to as including the Hoenn region in a Fire Red ROM Hack is impressive.

Years
All of the above hacks were good but...pokemon dark rising is one of the best hacks of all time-kanye west voice. *shrugs*
voting for rose.

Years
Pokémon Rose because I've heard of it.

yes...I do not mean to belittle the nominated hacks. they are good. but I believe I can speak for others as well when I say there could have been much better picks for this quarter. dark rising, victory fire, and hyetology would have been better more deserving choices along with rose as a strong 4th choice. the choices above seemed rushed and out of the blue. the only one known here is rose.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
yes...I do not mean to belittle the nominated hacks. they are good. but I believe I can speak for others as well when I say there could have been much better picks for this quarter. dark rising, victory fire, and hyetology would have been better more deserving choices along with rose as a strong 4th choice. the choices above seemed rushed and out of the blue. the only one known here is rose.
The poll results so far disagree with you.

Cyclone

Years
The poll results so far disagree with you.

Cyclone

just because people are voting does not change the fact there were more better choices that should have been nominated. whats done is done however and I pick rose because it has the most appeal and better story of the 3.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
just because people are voting does not change the fact there were more better choices that should have been nominated. whats done is done however and I pick rose because it has the most appeal and better story of the 3.
Actually, my comment was in response to this:

the only one known here is rose.
There are a minimum of 4 votes for each hack. Clearly 4 people have heard of each. Personally, I've heard of none of them.

Now, Rose has gained 4 votes without competition since; now 10-5-4.

Cyclone

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years

Don't worry there are two nominations left maybe those hacks you mentioned will be in it, It's just not the right time... ;)

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Rose has been out for too long, and is of ample quality and precision. I also personally know the amount of thought put into this hack and can only blab away for a long time if necessary.

Haven't got any clue about Bronze, Furious Flames is a good hack, though, and I support it after Rose.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Pokemon Rose. It looks awesome and the time put into it really paid off. It has good tiles, I really liked the trucks in Marvelight City, It has Awesome scripts, and I like the Titlescreen :3

Years
mhh, this is kinda difficult to choose but I'll go for Rose version.Very good worked and we are all expecting lot from it^^ The other 2 version are cool as well but i guess Rose "beats" 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back