• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
tool:advance map 1.92
problem:in petalburgwoods I change the position of the 2 warps at the end and when I would linke to enter the warp (to get out of the wood) nothing happen, but then when I go down back the warp works?? you know am sayn? no? ok, one more time: I step on the warp (so that I stay on it) but nothing happen, than if I would go down (i dont go, i would only) it warps me to the next roud, i dont undertand why cuz all in the map is correct....????

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
tool:advance map 1.92
problem:in petalburgwoods I change the position of the 2 warps at the end and when I would linke to enter the warp (to get out of the wood) nothing happen, but then when I go down back the warp works?? you know am sayn? no? ok, one more time: I step on the warp (so that I stay on it) but nothing happen, than if I would go down (i dont go, i would only) it warps me to the next roud, i dont undertand why cuz all in the map is correct....????

It varies with the tiles that you put the warps because if you check with block editor, you'll see that the tiles have "Behavior Bytes."

Now, I have a question. Every time I try to insert a new tileset, this happens:
View attachment 48249

Can anyone explain where the hell I'm going wrong?! I change the palettes and everything and it's really frustrating because no one else seems to have this godforsaken problem!

ziglef

Just here for fun ^^
Years
Need help with a black screen

Ok so this is what happens, i'm working on my own rom, and i got the starting map to work and i got the 2 map to work also, but now i changed some warps and stuff and when i go to the warp that goes from the first map to the second the games just stays black...

Anyone got an ideia how to fix this ?

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Ok so this is what happens, i'm working on my own rom, and i got the starting map to work and i got the 2 map to work also, but now i changed some warps and stuff and when i go to the warp that goes from the first map to the second the games just stays black...

Anyone got an ideia how to fix this ?

I think you have to double-check where each warp goes to. You know, Map Bank, map etc.

A quick question, where can I get the full DP tileset?

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Make sure that the teal color is the first color in the pallete. The first color of any pallete will always be the transparent color. I think you can swap the colors using irfanview.

Yeah, I did that by following the Insert Pokemon tut to fix the sprite originally.

infranview is kinda awkward when it comes to pallet swapping... (Moving colors in the color index...)
GIMP will let you drag/drop the colors to there correct positions, so long as the image is already indexed... otherwise... don't do it, lol....

Uh huh, I totally know what you mean... And it was indexed and working fine until I added the other frames... I can't seem to figure out what the heck is going wrong though! Last night I opted to just scrap the whoe file so I could start from scratch with the virgin sprite. I'm going to try and force my sprite to work with the original game's palette, though I shudder to do so because I have a feeling it will look gawd aweful...

ianmichael7

Pokemon Fayt Creator
Years
Is there a program that could help me change the world map that can be viewed on the fly map in emerald? I also wanted to know if you can change where people fly to using advance map, is there a way to make new fly scripts on maps or what?

AaronB

Noob Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
[Hi, i made a new pokemon league with harder battles in it (for FR), i copied all the maps (including the route upto it) and i am going to hide the entrance to it somewhere. But i don't want anybody to be able to get into it until they have beaten the pokemon league and after they go into it and beat it or fail i don't want them to be able to go into it again until they do the Real Pokemon League again. I know this can be done with a warp script that will only warp into it if the flag used at the first battle is not there, but how can i get all of the flags to clear after i complete the pokemon league?

PS does a warp script (script tile not warp tile) work? and does it have to be at a door, because i tried to make a person when you talekd to them warp you for another thing but the screen went black and froze.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I'm attempting to insert a custom title screen into my Emerald hack, but have come across a problem which I don't understand.

I've used NTME to create the tilemap, imported both the title screen tileset and tilemap into unLZ.GBA which all goes smoothly but then when I run the rom it comes up like this:

xawi91.jpg

When it is meant to look like this:

bcyyr.jpg

Anyone know what's gone wrong?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm attempting to insert a custom title screen into my Emerald hack, but have come across a problem which I don't understand.

I've used NTME to create the tilemap, imported both the title screen tileset and tilemap into unLZ.GBA which all goes smoothly but then when I run the rom it comes up like this:

xawi91.jpg

When it is meant to look like this:

bcyyr.jpg

Anyone know what's gone wrong?

You have to remove the smoke on the title screen that is usually there, and try using Cyclone, NTME works, but sometimes bugs out...

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I replaced the smoke with a blank PNG and it just came out with this. :/

243rnmd.jpg

Could you give me a link to cyclone so I can give that a shot?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I replaced the smoke with a blank PNG and it just came out with this. :/

243rnmd.jpg

Could you give me a link to cyclone so I can give that a shot?

Try changing the Gamefreak logo to have the right background, and make sure you removed Rayquaza COMPLETELY. (Including his glowing Yellow lines...)
Also, I don't have a link to it... you'll have to do some searching.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Search through the Toolbox or Google it.

I have a question which has been skipped 3 times:
Does anyone know where I can get the full DP tileset?
No. It hasn't been properly ripped, due to the 3-dimensional rendering features of the game.
Just look through the internet, Google is your friend ;)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
No. It hasn't been properly ripped, due to the 3-dimensional rendering features of the game.
Just look through the internet, Google is your friend ;)

There is a cheat code that automatically disables the DS's 3D rendering, and makes a flat image out of anything you are seeing... perfect for ripping tiles...
You gotta google for yourself though...

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I have a question. Every time I try to insert a new tileset, this happens:
View attachment 48249

Can anyone explain where the hell I'm going wrong?! I change the palettes and everything and it's really frustrating because no one else seems to have this godforsaken problem!

OK, fair enough, but does anyone know what the hell is happening here?

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
How do you post pictures of your Rom Hack?

Go to VBA, File, then Screen Capture. Or open A-Map and press Print Screen, paste onto paint and save.

I have a question. Every time I try to insert a new tileset, this happens:
View attachment 48249

Now can someone please answer my question?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back