• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should I watch it?

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
I've been asking myself if I should watch it or not (Of course I'm gonna start from the beginning). So I want others' opinions, should I watch it? Or is it just a waste of time?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Watch it until the 3rd gen is over cos that's when it started getting really dumb. I'd watch Kanto there's some really funny episodes in there, Orange Islands is ok, and Johto is ok. Ash gets a Larvitar and it always cries. It's so epic xD

Not to mention the first episode. Hands down one of the funniest ever moments ever! Ash is riding bike he stole from Misty taking Pikachu to Poke Center and he says, "Hang on Pikachu, were almost there" then he wipes out. Haahaha It was so hilarious.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Yes, I'd recommend watching the anime. Despite what some people say, the D/P and B/W seasons aren't that bad.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Yes, I'd recommend watching the anime. Despite what some people say, the D/P and B/W seasons aren't that bad.
This, basically. I'm rewatching AG right now and it really isn't any better than BW. All the sagas have different strengths and weaknesses, and you might like one better than another, but overall they're pretty much the same quality.

Years
I recommend you should rewatch it, so that you can catch up on episodes you missed.

As PlatinumDude said, the Sinnoh and Unova sagas are actually pretty good in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Yes, definitely watch it! Until you finish Master Quest, it goes downhill from there.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I say you should watch it all. Despite what others say, you might be surprised to find out that the Unova saga isn't that bad at all. I stopped watching at the DP saga because I thought the new dub voices were awful. But I decided to give the series a second chance and I honestly was surprised how good the new series is still is. I've seen almost every episode of the Rival Destines season. Pokemonepisode.org/ and watchpokemonepisode.com are good sites find them, they have all the episodes that have been dubbed so far.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Why not? Though, I would suggest watching it in Japanese. 4kids and Pokemon USA cencored it too much, so I just watch the original version. While it is repetitive, it is pretty funny.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
The original series is fantastic and well worth watching. Advance Generation is pretty bad until Battle Frontier, and that's mostly because of how much repetitive filler there is and that just got annoying due to its formulaic nature. The original series also has a great dub when it comes to the voice acting - though the censorship is an issue.

The issue with Battle Frontier, though, is that midway through it, they switched to a fandub here in America, and the voice acting is unbearable. It's still mediocre in D/P's early stages, but D/P is actually a decent arc. B/W isn't that great because it's all battling, pretty much, and there isn't much character development, especially for a lot of the Pokemon. The fan voice actors have gotten a lot better with experience, however. Maybe the reason B/W isn't that good to me is because I've seen it all before, and they're doing nothing new with it. On its own, it might not be that bad...

Years
I'd watch it until they change the voice actors. The different voices actually kill me mentally.
Though I haven't watched it too much, I thoroughly recommend that you watch it. It's a good laugh every once in a while.

Back