• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
>.< I got asked this question earlier today too and I said I'd find a workaround, but I couldn't find any >.< guess I'll have to go for a different pokemon >.< if that's ok >.<

Since I never got an answer to this, I'll take it as a yes.
I'll be using
380.png
which is my second favorite.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
3rd Update Duskull Ultimate Solo Challenge Emerald
Used Rocksmash to open the tunnel and got Strength :)
Beat the Winstrate Family can't wait to beat their son later on Vitory Road
Met Gabby for the First Time
Boojangles Evolves
Spoiler:

Caught Chico my Waterfall Surf Strength DiVe Mule
Met Team Magma
Beat Trick House again
Beat Maxie and Recovered the Meteorite
Got the Wynaut Egg, Why? Why not?
Sally my Mule Zigzagoon Evolved beacuse of dual battles during Gym was level 3 when I caught her, lottsa Dual Battles in Emerald :p
Beat Flannery of Lavaridge Gym.
Spoiler:

Went to Petalburg to Beat Dad
Taught Boojangles Rock Smash Right before Dad
Beat Dad, Saved
Spoiler:

---
My Team
Spr_3e_356.gif

Boojangles Dusclops Male Lvl. 47 Moves:Night Shade,Faint Attack,Rock Smash,Shadow Punch
Mules/
Sally/Linoone
Chico/Lombre
Dianne/Wingull

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Not too much happened today, since I have a lot of homework and I've hit another roadblock.

- After a bit of training, Hydra learned Dragon Rush, so I decided to head back to the gym and try for the millionth time.

- With an incredible combination of Moomoo Milks, a critical hit, and a Dragon Rush, Hydra was able to 1HKO Excadrill!

- Collected my fifth Gym Badge and made my way to the Pokemon World Tournament.

- Easily swept through Darke and Cheren, but came to another roadblock with Colress. This guy uses only Steel types, and all my moves are ineffective against his Pokes.

- Colress wiped the floor with me thrice before I finally decided I needed some more training.

- Now that I have the fifth gym badge, gonna try and evolve Hydra before returning to the tournament to kick Colress's ass.

Hydra ♀
deino_sprite_by_rika_wawa-d5jz05c.gif

LVL 44

Work Up
Dragon Rush
Dragon Pulse
Crunch

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
After traveling through Victory Road I attempted the Pokemon League a couple times before I actually won. It was Phoebe who kept giving me all the problems but after some grinding I was able to beat the league! :)
vs
Spr_RS_Sidney.png

Spoiler:

vs
Spr_RS_Phoebe.png

Spoiler:

vs
Spr_RS_Glacia.png

Spoiler:

vs
Spr_RS_Drake.png

Spoiler:

vs
140.gif

Spoiler:

124.gif

Bewsa
Level 71
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Oblivious
Psychic, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Water Pulse

Now off to Sinnoh!!

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
After traveling through Victory Road I attempted the Pokemon League a couple times before I actually won. It was Phoebe who kept giving me all the problems but after some grinding I was able to beat the league! :)
vs
Spr_RS_Sidney.png

Spoiler:

vs
Spr_RS_Phoebe.png

Spoiler:

vs
Spr_RS_Glacia.png

Spoiler:

vs
Spr_RS_Drake.png

Spoiler:

vs
140.gif

Spoiler:

124.gif

Bewsa
Level 71
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Oblivious
Psychic, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Water Pulse

Now off to Sinnoh!!
I don't want to be rude, because your the Challenge runner but in Emerald didn't the rules say you had to beat Steven In Meteor Falls, before you moved on

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I don't want to be rude, because your the Challenge runner but in Emerald didn't the rules say you had to beat Steven In Meteor Falls, before you moved on

I usually do beat Steven but for some reason when ever I beat the champion in Pokemon emerald it doesn't save after entering me in the Hall of Fame, and when I start the game back up it either doesn't give me the option to continue or I have to start back where I last saved.

This goes for everyone soloing on Pokemon Emerald, Steven is optional. The challenge ends when you defeat Wallace. I could've sworn I took that off a long time ago... Well I guess I didn't so I'll go do that now.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for pointing out my mistake so I can correct it. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I usually do beat Steven but for some reason when ever I beat the champion in Pokemon emerald it doesn't save after entering me in the Hall of Fame, and when I start the game back up it either doesn't give me the option to continue or I have to start back where I last saved.

This goes for everyone soloing on Pokemon Emerald, Steven is optional. The challenge ends when you defeat Wallace. I could've sworn I took that off a long time ago... Well I guess I didn't so I'll go do that now.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for pointing out my mistake so I can correct it. :)

Here's a solution to your little problem, James^^

If you're using Visual Boy Advanced, just set your Save Type to Automatic Flash 128k. That should allow in-game saving and for you to be able to start back in your room after E4 so you can do the post-E4 content. And it kinda prevents random save losses. And for the "Internal battery has run dry"error, just set your emulator to use real clock so you can still enjoy time-based events such as day/night evolutions.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Here's a solution to your little problem, James^^

If you're using Visual Boy Advanced, just set your Save Type to Automatic Flash 128k. That should allow in-game saving and for you to be able to start back in your room after E4 so you can do the post-E4 content. And it kinda prevents random save losses. And for the "Internal battery has run dry"error, just set your emulator to use real clock so you can still enjoy time-based events such as day/night evolutions.

Sadly I lost my save but thank you, now I know for next time. :)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Wow, that really sucks, James. Anyway, a lot's happened today, so hooray.

- During my training, went back to Pokestar Studios and filmed some movies. Even let Hydra be part of a couple.

- Finally managed to beat Colress in the World Tournament thing with a well-aimed, Work Up-boosted Dragon Rush at his Magneton, which was my main problem.

- Went through the whole Team Plasma thing on the boat, pretty much pwned everyone.

- Afterwards, I made my way out of Chargestone Cave and reached Mistralton City.

- Do a bit of training with the trainers in Celestial Tower.

- During the training, Hydra finally reaches LVL 50 and evolves into Zweilous! Huzzah!

- Proceeded to challenge the gym. Hydra, in her new Zweilous form, pretty much 1HKO's everything that the trainers and even the gym leader put before her.

- Make my way to Lentimas Town. I take a visit to the Haunted Mansion or whatever and get seriously spooked by the ghost girl...nah, I'm kidding. Obtain Lunar Wing.

- I get through Reversal Mountain, grinding a bit on the trainers in there, and get to Undella Town.

- After a totally one-sided battle with my rival, I go to Opelucid City to kill Drayden. Dragon-on-Dragon was really tough, but I managed to get through it with Hydra.

- Afterwards, though, I had a big problem with Zinzolin during the whole freezing Opelucid scenario. He kept using Ice-type Cryogonals that would kill Hydra with a couple of Ice Beams. With the help of a lucky critical hit, though, I managed to beat him.

- Am currently trying to find a HM Slave that can use Fly to get me out of here. I already caught one that knows Surf.

- Hydra is two levels away from evolving again, and is seriously over-leveled right now.

Hydra ♀
zweilous_sprite_by_biancarox8-d4f8mea.gif

LVL 62

Work Up
Dragon Rush
Dragon Pulse
Crunch

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
I'm going to try this.
Games - Leaf Green --> HG --> Sapphire --> Diamond --> Black 2
Pokemon - Mewtwo

This ought to be easy..... not.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

Psycho
150.gif

Lv.32
Confusion
Barrier
Mega Punch
Mega Kick

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
Rock pokemon, I might never use them after this challenge.

Wattsons Gym was easy up until his Magnetron. It kept paralyzing me and I had to Tail Whip it a few times to even do decent damage. After using up 5 Sodas and 4 Paralyze heals it finally went down. Wattson also used 2 Super Potions on it. Blah. 3/8 badges obtained.

Head north from Mauville I took on the Winstrate household. All in all it's easy and I obtain the Macho Brace. Upon going further I realize I have nothing that can learn Rock Smash. I refuse to teach Tron HM's. I then catch NomNom the Gulpin and teach it to him.

In Vandanturf Tunnel I meet a hiker with level 16 Geodudes. The first one proceeds to take down a level 35 Tron, awesome. Let's try again. After the second try the Hiker goes down a lot easier. Heading north from Mauville again, I do something time consuming and dumb. I run around to get ash for all the flutes. Never. Again. Not worth it. D:

Heading south from Fallarbor I decide it's time to train Tron some new moves. He learns Shockwave and Secret Power, in the hopes that rock types become less horrible. I also feed him a Carbos to maybe boost his attack stat just a little.

Nothing interesting happens in Meteor Falls besides meeting Team Aqua and Magma. I imagine these guys as just feuding siblings that too a fight waaay too far. On my way to Fallarbor I catch Derp Duck the Lotad. I'm slightly lost on where to go so this is where I'll end my small update.

Tron the Bold Raichu
Lv: 42 Ability: Static Item: Quick Claw
110 / 82 / 64 / 86 / 75 / 109
Shockwave / Tail Whip / Secret Power / Thunderbolt

Jasper the Nincada: Lv 10 Flash / Harden / Leech Seed / Cut
NomNom the Gulpin: Lv 12 Strength / Yawn / Poison Gas / Rock Smash
Derp Duck the Lotad: Lv 15 Will be used for Surf and Waterfall

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Alright! Finished my run today!

- Made my way to Humilau City and decimated the gym. Hydra evolved for the third time into Hydreigon! Boo ya!

- Took the new Hydra to the Team Plasma ship. Went through the whole scenario and killed Zinzolin with no issue this time.

- However, I did have minor issues with our good friend Colress. Took me an extra try, but the second time I wiped the floor with him.

- Made my way to the Grand Chasm, where I pretty much killed Black Kyurem with one Dragon Rush.

- Ghetsis did prove to be a bit of a problem, though. He had a Hydreigon of his own that nearly 1HKO'd mine. After I killed his Hydreigon, though, the rest was easy.

- Team Plasma over and done with! Hoorah! Next stop, Victory Road.

- Got to Victory Road and took a couple of HM Slaves to get past it. Succeeded without a problem.

- The E4! Deposited my HM Slaves in the PC and went up to face them.

- Beat Caitlin and Shauntal easy with Crunch as the only move I actually used.

- Grimsley presented a bit of a problem, because his Bisharp totally walled me, and then tried to murder me with X-Scissor. Luckily managed to kill him with a critical-hit Dragon Pulse.

- The hardest was obviously Marshal. His fighting types were a big problem, especially since a lot of them could resist 1HKO's, but I equipped Hydra with Fly, and she was able to take out most of them. The biggest problem, however, was Conkeldurr. After my first Fly missed, he managed to hit me with a Bulk Up-boosted Hammer Arm that I barely survived. After a couple more times using Fly, I managed to kill him though.

- E4 Done and over with! Time for the Champion. Dragon-on-Dragon is going to be tough.

- Battle! The Champion sends out Hydreigon, which I gladly counter with Hydra. Poor old Hydreigon is 1HKO'd.

- Champion makes a comeback with Druddigon, which is killed as soon as it is released because of Hydra's Outrage still going on.

- Champion brings out Lapras. A lucky kill with the last Outrage 1HKO's it before Hydra gets confused.

- Champion brings out Archeops. First try at killing it, Hydra hits herself with a little bonus from Archeops, but second try, Archeops is killed with Crunch.

- Next up is Haxorus, my greatest threat. With a lucky break on the confusion, Hydra goes at Haxorus with Outrage. Oh noes! Haxorus has a Focus Sash, and is Full-restored the next go. Hydra's rampage is still going on though, and Haxorus is put down by the next hit.

- Last and definitely not least, Aggron. Aggron walls my Outrage, bringing it to an abrupt stop and causing more confusion! Nothing I have will even normally hit Aggron, but lucky for me, Aggron keeps using Automotize while I slowly kill it with not-very-effective moves.

- So, I win! I'm done! Hydra and I have decimated the Pokemon Gyms and obliterated the Unova League. Next stop, WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Final Team:

Hydra ♀
th_635.gif

LVL 81

Fly
Outrage
Dragon Pulse
Crunch

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2021
I'll do an Ultimate Mudkip solo Challenge!

Here are My Games: FR/SS/E/P/B2

Starting Fire Red Soon!

From Now on ,Mudkip is known as Mawp.
It will always be a Mudkip.
In gen one, for example, I will replace Squirtle by Mawp.

Fire Red First Update :
Spoiler:

Current Mawp: Fire Red
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
Mewtwo Solo Run Kanto Part 3
Spoiler:

Psycho
150.gif

Lv.54
Confusion
Mega Kick
Swift
Recover

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
4th update Dusclops Ultimate Solo Challenge Emerald
Turned off the Generator in New Mauville
Beat the Trickhouse a 3rd and 4th time
Met Gabby Again
Grabbed the Coincase for Tms I may want later from the Game Corner
Wynaut hatched nicknamed her Wioana and put her in the pc hatched her for not reason :P
Cleared the Weather Institute of Team Aqua got Balloon the Castform
Beat May again like it was my job, Got Fly from her :)
Met Scott again
Holy PokeBalls Batman my pokemon caught Pokerus :D
Beat Gabby again
Steven gave me the Devon Scope
Got to Fortree Gym and After a Grueling Gym Battle (Freaking half normal birds) I beat Wionna finally
Spoiler:

Scott Talked to me again
Beat the Trick house again (How did he know my personal expierences *Little creeped out*)
Cleared Team Aqua off Mount Pyre
Reached Lilycove City
Got the Pokeblocks Case
Saved for the moment
My Team
Spr_3e_356.gif

Boojangles Male Lvl.64 Pokerus
Moves: Night Shade, Faint Attack, Rock Smash, Shadow Punch
Mules/
Sally/Linoone
Chico/Lombre
Daina/Wingull
My Progress
Spoiler:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I'll join, I'm gonna take a break from my monotype, I tired of seeing Grass types(just kidding). :D

Username: WarriorCat
Pokemon: Jirachi (I know it's legendary, I've never used it before, so why not?) I'm going to hack it as the starter in each game.
Games: LeafGreen, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, Blaze Black 2

I'll update later.

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
Spoiler:

I was wondering if I could also switch my Sinnoh and Unova games. I'd like to make them Pearl and White if possible. I own both versions on my DS. Seeing as I'd rather not lose the Pokemon I have on either game I'll be playing them on an emulator instead.

Ultimate Solo Challenge: Tron the Raichu
LeafGreen: 8 of 8 Badges
Crystal: 16 of 16, Red Defeated
Emerald: 6 of 8 Badges
Pearl: 0 of 8 Badges
White: 0 of 8 Badges

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back