• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
What sorts of technologies that don't exist in the real world are in your fictions? What purpose do they possess?
:D
Apart from all that tech and stuff already in canon, there is the ability to replace a human arm with a Beldum. And there's the option to tech it up and make it able to shoot st00f and use Metal Claw and stuff. :P Basically, a Cyborg Beldum arm. Then, there's whatnot. Uh...humdiddlydoodah. I can't really think of anything else, apart from scanning devices on Nintendo DS's and Pokedex features on those electronic doohickeys. :P
What I want to know is... what if the Beldum as a cyborg arm... evolves? O_O

*gets wonderful imagery into his head*

As for my fic, well, the ability to wipe one's memory through human technology via a Psychic Pokemon is one example, although I don't have too much going into the advanced-technology department for my fic, leastways not that much at least. Although if you count the contraption one travels about in in Colosseum - a vehicle with one wheel and a hovering component that actually works... :/

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
it is under Pokémon Fan Fiction & Poetry under the name of Pokemon Coordinator Journeys, just click on my profile and click to show all threads started by me and you should be able to find it

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
What sorts of technologies that don't exist in the real world are in your fictions? What purpose do they possess?

The ability to store living creatures as energy, or data, aka, the Pokeball.

Witch got me thinking: If Pokemon could be stored as data, does that mean you could alter them using a computer program? (sounds like an interesting idea.) How much space do they take up? (bytes, MB's, GB's TB's?)

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years

A Midsummer Knight's Dream
Because this one takes place in the future, there's actually a list.

- PDAs are far more advanced than the ones carried around today, equipped with everything from voice recognition to video phone-like capabilities to item scanners. This is basically for the sake of the Masters.
- Super computers with actual, functioning AIs. Yes, this comes into play as well.
- There are actually cyborgs. One will be met soon.
- If it counts, detailed databases that index profiles of every citizen in the city. The database updates itself. Through advanced surveillance.
- There's the ability to synthesize drugs from Pokémon attacks.

Anima Ex Machina
Science fiction, so there's a few more examples of odd tech here.

- The Pokémon Storage System. (And, well, everything else that's canonical.)
- There's a special device that can determine not only stats but also type based on an analysis of sample tissue and subject performance on the field.
- Additionally, there's a nanomachine that can record information (not only the above but the things the subject senses -- sees, hears, feels -- and the psychological state the subject experiences) and transmit it over several hundred miles to a computer database for further analysis and distribution to several research institutes.
- Refined video conferencing technology.

DGexe

Taunter
Years

Usually the only foreign technology I have that isn't already canon is just altered something-something; for example, Lauren's Pokenav actually has Pokegear-esque calling capablities (along with other things that canonically, 'navs already possess). Although I haven't drawn up the plans yet, this means that it has a slightly layered layout. This is probably the result of possibly illegal tampering with an object... and knowing Lauren, she probably doesn't care too much about that. Ahem, but moving on...

I think that's about it; I can't really slip into the realm of original-canon-fics because... this question wasn't for those. ^^; Although I could go on and on and on and on about Exodus' vast foreign technologies...

Bay

Years
The only thing in "Nothing, Everything" is an updated version of the Pokemon Storage. I put a secure system where you have to put your name and password. Thought of that after thinking how you're able to get your Pokemon, items, mail, etc. in the storage. ^^

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
If you could physically harm any of your characters, whom would it be and why?
Most likely Fred the Dog Master. He's probably the biggest jerk in the story. And he barks too much. WAY too much.

I wouldn't hurt Lisa, because she has the power of CUTE and the power of the '89 BUICK ESTATE WAGON on her side. Plus she'd be screaming bloody murder and complaining about it incessantly if she did get hurt, and my ears can't take that sort of abuse.

She also has an army of anthropomorphic Persians who drive armored 2004 LeSabres and run over things, specifically organized to combat Flamethrower-wielding Sentrets and Chanseys with chainsaws.

Serums that force Pokemon evolution and alter their brains so they become really ticked-off killing machines. Also, a device to created haxed Shadow Pokemon. All are designed to crush the opposition and create a new world order.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
None of my fics have really showed any special technologies, and I have few plans for those in The Fall of Light but several for Affliction. Pretty much everything in Mewtwo's lab are the only things that don't exist in the real world. Things for human use are pretty much the same aside from the canon Pokeballs and Storage Machines. The Pokemon Regenerator is different than canon, though, in that it has a limited success rate.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
What I want to know is... what if the Beldum as a cyborg arm... evolves?
Then I use the very helpful (and otherwise un-used) fact that Beldum requires another Beldum to evolve. That, or Beldum isn't alive. :\

Witch got me thinking: If Pokemon could be stored as data, does that mean you could alter them using a computer program? (sounds like an interesting idea.) How much space do they take up? (bytes, MB's, GB's TB's?)
I finally worked out how to hack Pokemon in the real Pokemon world :P
They take many, many yottabytes, my friend, yottabytes.

specifically organized to combat Flamethrower-wielding Sentrets and Chanseys with chainsaws.
Aha! That means, however, that they are not prepared to take on my awesome, stealthy army of Ninja Caterpies! Even if you are though, I'll just disintegrate them all with Ninja Blast.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023

Apart from the people who I've already harmed (Professor Oak getting shot in the head from point blank range and Dominique Kehoe getting Thundershocked in the face), I'd love to have Noah brutally beaten. Probably because he's the sort of character who would lose all of his confidence and have a mental breakdown if he was beaten up.

And we all love writing about mental breakdowns, right?

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years

It would probably be Samuel. The guy is made of metal so I just want to know if he would dent and stay dented.

Nothing much, just a few experimental technologies. Like being able to turn a metal coat into something usable on humans. Also, pokeballs are somewhat advanced.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Yottabytes? Did you get that off of Star Wars?

XD

May the aura force is with you.
No... I got it off my school newsletter when there was something about a guy who spent his holiday winning an Informatics competition with "How can we send yottabytes across optical fibres?". :\

Buoysel

Years
No... I got it off my school newsletter when there was something about a guy who spent his holiday winning an Informatics competition with "How can we send yottabytes across optical fibres?". :\
Interesting, turns out that a "yottabyte" is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes.

That's a lot of information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yottabyte

Buoysel

Years
They don't have a smiley for the facial expression I am making right now.

They do for the one I'm making right now :laugh:

My hard drive is 160,000,000 bytes, or 160 Gigabytes. I've never even come close to filling up this thing. You could probably store the whole internet on a HDD that size.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Interesting that yottabyte thing.

Just so that you guys can have an idea what a yottabyte would be like, let's say this:

A Terabyte is like, one-trillionth of a Yottabyte. In one terabyte of space, you can store a single picture, taken from space, covering a frame of about 6000x100 km, that would be like, a quarter of a slice of the planet, from the Equator to one of the poles, with a resolution approximately equal to 2 m per pixel, that is, one pixel equals roughly 4m², in JPEG format with progressive loading and without anti-artifact treatment.

According to one of my friends, more savvy than even me, the same size can store a space picture of a region of Earth of about 2000x100 km with a resolution of slightly below 1 m per pixel, and without artifacts. Exactly what every large-scale terrorist organization needs.

Now let's think one trillion of slices like that. There is no smiley whatsoever that can express my amazement.

Last edited:
Years

Weeeeelll, if ya wanna get technical, I'm already hurting them because I'm writing the story and I therefore cause a great deal of pain to them that is physical, because it is real to them in their world.

>:3

But in seriousness....I dunno really. xP I like all of them too much and I can't think of any that really deserve it.

Ahh, heh, I've tried to make the Pokemon world have most of the standard advanced technologies that exist in canon, but I've added a few aspects of my own. Stuff like most/all doors being automatic slide sensor doors like in Colosseum, but also computers lacking keyboards and mouses, but instead reading input off a touch sensitive holographic projection onto any desk surface (I'm pretty sure this is possible now, though, but it'd be mainstream.)

Also I have added a lot of advanced weapons technologies. For one, since the energy created by all Pokemon is, in essence, pure, easy to store, and pretty much endless, there are a lot of technologies that can run based off of storing Pokemon's energy (not just electric Pokemon's electricity, but pure energy extracted from any Pokemon with little cost to said Pokemon (aside from maybe draining what would be the equivalent of its PP.) A common weapon used by the Rockets is a stun ray that runs off this energy. Also there are a lot of large-scale weapons made to block, convert, channel, and redirect even incredibly potent energy assaults--enough to take on Legendary Pokemon even. In my fic, this technology was basically kept under wraps by the Pokemon League, although the original project was funded by and actually made for Team Rocket's use.

And lastly, of course, in a fic running rampant with clones and hybrids, obviously the bioengineering is a lot more advanced.

~Chibi~

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Now let's think one trillion of slices like that. There is no smiley whatsoever that can express my amazement.

The smiley would probably be something to the effect of your head exploding and then all of the bits turning into butterflies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
The smiley would probably be something to the effect of your head exploding and then all of the bits turning into butterflies.
The smiley might also be one with, y'know, a head the size of Earth and eyes the size of Jupiter or equivalent. And it would take up yottabytes of space.

I love how it was me that started this -cough- tech discussion. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back