• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Returns

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Or, if you're talking about an event that would normally be invisible, then I believe there's a setting for events called Through that sets whether or not other events can pass through it or not.

Yeah, I know how to fix it; I just didn't realize it was there / causing an issue til someone brought it up lol

I'll fix it now and upload a "Fix" file (copy/paste into Alpha 1.1, about 5mb). That ought to work. Give me a few minutes (for now, you can just talk to Oak from the right and Joseph will move around Oak instead, thus no blocking occurs).

[Edit]

There he goes! It was one square that was missing "through" lol

n8hu0.png

And the fix:

Alpha 1.1 Fix [MediaFire]

Just copy/paste into the Pokemon Returns folder.

Thanks for testing, guys. Can't find all the bugs by myself! D: kinda like how you shouldn't proof-read your own paper...

Also, I've looked over Ausable, and I think I'll redo it for Alpha 2.0. It seems a bit empty to me. I like cluttery grassy maps.

So silly how the smallest of things can cause such catastrophes!

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Just a small bump.

I've redone Windigo in HGSS tiles. Does this look better than FR/LG graphics?

352kj6t.png

Also, I've done Amber Cave on Route 111 as well as Route 112 in its entirety. Working on Annapolis, but won't start until I've decided whether or not to swap to HGSS tiles.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Okay, I can help here, I recognize your style from my mapping. I see that your maps are more squeezed together with fewer buildings, and HGSS tiles are made for more for bigger maps with more houses. If you want to map in HGSS tiles, try making your maps bigger and have lots of houses or caves that are unplayable. I think that HGSS styles have a more modern look, but, if you look at HGSS maps, everything is more spread out, unlike FRLG. If you want you can continue the way you map now, it probably won't make a big difference.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Bump.

I am still working on this, but remapping the whole game (so far) in HGSS is a huge task. I didn't expect the character files to be so gigantic - literally every map in the game has to be resized by 25% (larger) because otherwise, the characters look like giants. Plus, events need to be redone, too - bigger maps = different warp points = different move patterns.

That said, Hoenn is making some very nice trainer sprites for the project. Has anyone tried out Alpha 1.1 (FRLG graphics) since the last reported bugs? That's always helpful.

Thanks!

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Bump.

We finally figured out what was causing this crazy bug in my game, so remapping can recommence (on Wednesday)! Yay!

But again, it'll take a while to redo all the maps. In the meantime, be sure to report any Event-related bugs in the current 1.1 Alpha in this topic.

Thanks!

Back