• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How did you get all your Eevee's?

ElementChaoz

Elementician
Years
Just curious on how everyone here got all their Eeevee's in Red/Blue/Yellow, did you trade between friends to fulfill your pokedex? or did you try a fast strategy to trade to 1 game from another game to have all the forms? or did you use a glitch?

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
Used a link cable with the friends and we all swapped our eevees (jolteon, flareon, vaporeon) until they were recorded in the dex, then we got our original back

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I have both Red and Blue and restart those games a lot, but I always trade good Pokemon back and forth before I restart.

So, I kept them all from previous save files ^^

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
What is this trading nonsense?

The only time I ever got to trade I traded my friend so I could get Golem. Because unlike Machamp and Gengar I don't think you even see Golem. But yeah, I was kinda pissed that I couldn't get all the Eeveelutions, so I settled for a different one every time I made a new game. ;P

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I never really did get them all because at the time breeding wasn't an option and I had nobody who I could trade with (Nobody owned R/B/Y but I had pokemon loving friends) and I didn't like glitching it seeing some results like crashing the .sav

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
Years
"All" my Eevees? To be honest, I only used the one you get in-game. Maybe if I replay Silver (if I can get a battery and other materials to repair my most recent copy), I'll try to get more than just an Espeon my next save.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I had a bunch of friends that had a copy of Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow, so we kept trading with each other. One of my friends did not like this idea, so he bought an gameshark or action replay (don't remember) and cheated to get these Pokemon and he gave all eeveelutions to all of us.

:t354:TG

#1-Trainer

Poke' Master.
Years
I had to re-start Yellow Version three times and on-traded them to Red Version, which I then evolved them all. Still have all 151 Pokemon in the PC, arranged in numerical order and all lv. 100. Game Beat!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I didn't even bothered to get all the Eevees, and I simply didn't bothered to complete the Pokedex at that time, as I was young then.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
I had blue as a kid. Later I bought red to finish up my dex. So I complted blue, and than speed ran through red to grab twice to grab the other two eevees.

Years
With the Eevee that I got in Yellow, I ended up evolving it into Flareon from what I can remember. I never bothered with getting all three Eeveelutions, though, as I wasn't that concerned about completing the Pokedex back then. Even to this day I've only ever completed the Pokedex in one game (FireRed), since I'd rather train what I have than go looking for everything else.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Never bothered trading for the ones that I didn't have. I'd just evolve my Eevee to supplement my team in whatever way was needed. More often than not it was a Flareon, but I liked the others just as much.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I got my Eevee and was all like:
"Wow, this pokemon is so cool! I wonder if I can find it in the wild!"
When I realized you couldn't, Evan was stored in the PC because I was too afraid of wasting him...like, oh no, what if i make his moveset all wrong, or what if I evolve it into the wrong thing?! So, I never got any other Eevee's except for the one that is gathering dust because I was too afraid to evolve him due to the fact I only got one.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
When I first played through Red, I didn't care too much about completing my Pokedex, so I just picked up one Eevee and evolved it. Unfortunately, all of my friends evolved theirs into the same form, so trading wouldn't have been too useful. I suppose another reason why I didn't want to trade too much anyway was because almost everyone I knew had Red, and the only person who had Blue had a game that was so badly glitched that none of the rest of us wanted to get near it.

However, I became more interested in completing Pokedexes after finishing the one on my Gold. After Gold died, I finally decided to go back and complete my Red Pokedex, so I grabbed the Eevee from Silver or Crystal and bred it to get an extra Eevee, then sent both of those over to Red to evolve. So, strictly speaking, I never obtained three separate Eevees in Gen 1 itself, but I did manage to acquire enough of them to complete my Pokedex eventually.

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
When I first played through Blue version, I ended up trading with all my friends to get all the Eeveelutions, but now when I play through the game I use the Mew glitch. :P

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
The first time (when I only had the Blue version) I traded eeveelutions with friends.
And some time after that I got the two other versions, a Gameboy Color and a link cable, so I did what all the loners do: evolve the Eevees from Red and Yellow into forms I didn't have and trade with myself.

InfectedBeast

Trade With Me
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
i was 7 when i completed the whole game with some kids at my school. i got to keep all the eeveelutions cuz i traded a couple pokemon for them like machoke, haunter, graveler and what not

blue

gucci
Years
Back then I never really bothered with filling up the Pokedex, however I did collect the free Eevee from Celadon I mean who wouldn't...

Back