• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokedex won't show up on pause menu?

Prof Oakley

JourneyofPossibilities Creator
Years
So, yea. When I pick up my pokedex it doesn't show up on the pause menu even though I have the
$Trainer.pokedex=true
script on it. Do I not have the right script or is there something else I have to put with it?

Also how do I made a 'road block' so that I can't go downstairs until after I've picked up my pokedex and, later, my town map?

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
For the Pokedex issue, What version of Essentials are you using?
As for the Road block, what I would do is have it to that, when you obtain the Pokedex, it activates or disables a switch of your naming. To create the roadblock itself, have there be an event that, when the player touched it, if said easily switch is enabled/disabled, it pushes them back.
I'm really bad at explaining, so hopefully someone can help elaborate.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
$Trainer.pokedex=true should work, unless you've played around with the script itself... Search for the line of code in scripts and see if you need a switch to activate as well...

As for your other problem, easier, less messy, way, I would put a conditional branch using game switch whatever of you choice, being on, in the first bit put nothing in the second bit put "can't go down here yet" then set move route and move the play away from the exit... This is activated VIA a player touch event... In saying this, there are loads of ways you can do this, this is just one of them.

Prof Oakley

Years
it worked I just didn't have a pokedex entry yet. I'll try that for a road block, all the ways I try seem to either stop me no matter what or don't stop the player at all.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
The road block is one of the easiest things to do... As long as you have it as player touch and walk the player back to the same area it will be fine

Prof Oakley

Years
I don't really know what things mean yet or what they do. I'm working on it though and each question I ask gets me a teeny bit of knowledge I can share to future newbies.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
I'm having this exact same problem, with the Pokedex not appearing. I'm using the newest version of Essentials, and I'm pretty sure I haven't changed anything about the Pokedex in the script..

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I'm having this exact same problem, with the Pokedex not appearing. I'm using the newest version of Essentials, and I'm pretty sure I haven't changed anything about the Pokedex in the script..

You're pretty sure or are you sure?

Because if you have changed anything, then that's the problem...
if $Trainer.pokedex=true hasn't been used, use it.
if you're using $Trainer.pokedex==true, remove an "=".
Check spelling... That can also be a mistake, mistakes are even made by the most experienced person.

If none of the above worked, you changed something in the scripts reffering to it, probably this line:

Code:
  commands[cmdPokedex=commands.length]=_INTL("Pokédex") if $Trainer.pokedex
In def pbStartPokemonMenu, around line 114.

Try owning a Pokémon too

Last edited:
Back