• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [IC] [T] [Best Rookie 1Q '13]

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Cheryll Renee Moreau

Cheryll looked at the boy as she wiped away her tears, she listened to him tell her that he wasn't angry, then she heard him mention what he did for his sister when he was younger before finally asking if she was upset about her knee. "Umm..." she tried to start talking but was feeling so shy and insecure she had no idea what to say. "n-no m-my knee's fine" she managed to get out after several moments of an awkward silence. Which she fell back into right away. Why did they have to send me here...I have no idea how to talk to other people, to people I don't know she thought frustrated and sad. "I...I just..." she tried but cut herself off again as she brushed a piece of her white blonde hair out of her face and fixed her glasses yet again. Cheryll was kinda hoping it was becoming obvious to the older boy that she really didn't know much about talking to others.

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Kakusu

"Calm down, I'll lecture him." Ryuu cordially and beamed as he kicked open the dorm door. "Solo! turn of that music! it's so loud that it can be heard in the school!"

Scary… Kakusu thought as he returned the grin, unsure if the teacher would even notice although he didn't know that the music was loud enough to be heard from the main building of the campus. Kakusu follow Ryuu without conviction as he heard the sound of running water nearby, no doubt a sign that this guy was the kind of person who probably sang in the shower and when he sang, everyone within a 3 miles radius would die have to grin and bear it.

"Open that door! .... after you pulled on your clothes or uniform..." Ryuu hollered while he banged hard on the bathroom door. Ryuu stood tolerantly at the door until the running water came to a halt and soon afterwards the music followed. A groan came from the bathroom door as it opened and a agitated voice came from the boy who was on the other side.

"Why the hell are you girls in my dorm--" the boy said before revoking his comment "Well, I stand by my comment." He proceeded to rest on one leg, putting his mass on it and tapped the other with irritation.

"So I can't enjoy myself for more than five minutes? You said something about a free day, why ruin it? Isn't it bad enough that I have to be /here/, let alone have to share my living space with some annoying kid, but now I can't even do the one thing that's actually relaxing? Oh, look, you brought company."

"I don't suppose you're my roommate, are you? Top bunk's mine." He said, turning to face Kakusu and focused his attention on him.

Kakusu looked at the boy with an apologetic look, feeling bad that this guy looked like he couldn't get a break. Maybe it was a bad idea to have been so upfront about it but then again, Ryuu-sensei did seem to have come here of his own free will.

Ryuu grabbed Solo after a one-sided comment and handled him with ease, manhandling him until the two were out of sight.

"Sorry about that." Kakusu said, not knowing why he was expressing regret but glad that the music was no longer damaging his ears. If he ever saw the boy again he would have to properly speak to him but at the same time, he didn't want their next confrontation to be so… unpleasant.

A flame appeared on his right hand that was by his side at the moment, caused by his sudden change of emotion. He returned to his dorm, flame still in hand but he was unaware of it as he used his left hand to close the door. As Kakusu turned from the door that he had just closed, he made a high yelp as a response to the noise he heard.

"GAAAHHH." The boy inside of his dorm yelled out along with a few other words that Kakusu didn't manage to hear at all since his whole body was now enclosed in a body of flames.

Kakusu didn't scream at all out of pain because, although he wasn't entirely flame resistant, the flames didn't hurt him nearly as bad as it would a human. Still out of shock, he was caught off guard by the presence of another person in the same room as him and the fire wasn't helping at all. He began to run around the room out of fear, smoke spread across half the room although it wasn't very thick. With flames blocking his eyesight, Kakusu had control of the fact that he had dived out of the window that was still open. As soon as he was in mid-air, the flames began to retract into the palms of Kakusu's hands.

The feeling of no platform under his feet did nothing but scare Kakusu out of his wits as soon as he was about to regain them. To an observer, it looked like a person had been tossed out of the window. Kakusu did nothing but swing his arms in circles while in air until he landed with a thud on the ground and fainted for a few minutes.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
I realized that whenever she tried to talk, she ended up making herself more sad. I thought about what to do, this was only the third person I'd met, and she was afraid of me. She was stuttering and stumbling over her words. I grabbed her arm gently and sat her down. Then I sat next to her and tried to fake a smile like Elise's. I felt rather silly but I still said, "You don't have to talk if you don't want to... If you're afraid to talk to me we can just sit here and not talk." I pointed at the sky, turning orange as the day was close to the end. I didn't say anything, I just suggested that she look with me. I figured maybe she needed time to get used to me.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Cheryll Renee Moreau

Cheryll sighed nervously and glanced at the ground a she felt the boy grab her arm and pulling her gently to sit on the ground. "You don't have to talk if you don't want to... If you're afraid to talk to me we can just sit here and not talk." He said looking up at the evening sky as Cheryll follows his gaze looking at the orange sky. She was still being silent trying to think of what to say when her mother's words rang through her head When you first meet someone new Cher start with your name, an if you have to until you get used to the person your talking to just listen to what thy say... Don't push yourself

Glancing at the older boy Cheryll took a deep breath and decided to try to follow her mothers advice. "Uh.." She started shaking her head slightly "m-my n-names... C-Cheryll." She said shyly and paused "W-What's...Your name?" She asked softly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Ashling
Girl's Dorm
~
A cloud hung over Ashling's head, as her footsteps padded across the school grounds like the thump of an elephant, her shoulders bearing the weight of every item she saw fit to bring to the Academy. Having barely managed to catch the end of the assembly, it was no surprise that Elene hadn't been around to help carry it all. Despite her training, she could not quite match the speed or strength of a Vampire, and the burden of two tapestries across her spine was unwelcome compared to the muscular wings she could have used to carry them swiftly and easily to her dorm-room. She didn't begrudge it, but it was rather a pain, especially given the odd looks that were shot in the way of the grunting woman.

The day was not all terrible, however, as even the wind that bit her cheeks was a reminder of the new beginning that the Youkai Academy would allow. Her residence felt somewhat dead, with halls of marble and shining floors that were meant to be occupied by many, but whose halls held only one family. This place would allow for opportunities, with hordes of strangers that she would be able to talk with, given the chance, and assuming they didn't remember her as the luggage-turtle from the preceding day. There was even a mall, where she would be able to purchase her own supplies for tapestry-weaving, and there was talk of clubs through which she would be able to spar with others.

The hallways of the girl's dorm were slightly confusing, with each corner requiring that she step aside to allow another passage, and a few awkward hellos with other friends of hers that had their own dormitories to fill with luggage, or a particularly difficult task that restrained their ability to aid. She didn't begrudge them their duties, and soon found her own path to the dorm-room that was marked with her name, and that one only. Even the other students had their full names listed on the front of the oaken doors, yet her roommate seemed to have only one name as well, for whatever reason. Perhaps they'd given it up to; that would be something to talk about.

With the door already opened, Ashling entered the room with somewhat lighter steps, barely aware of Eva sitting nearby on her bed until she'd set down the two rolled-up tapestries and three sets of suitcases. The tall teenager turned around to face them, her school uniform now not hidden by luggage and allowing her roommate to lay eyes upon her for the first time. The elegant empty sheath that hung from her waist was what she first suspected they would look at, but she'd assure them that there was no weapon there if they seemed worried.

"Hello." Ashling greeted her sitting roommate with a pleasant, but small, smile on her lips, as single slate eye looked them over. Skinny, with a generally meek posture and with her head buried in a book, telling the Succubus that her roommate seemed to be something of an academic, but perhaps without the rigorous social pressures that would force good posture. Perhaps they were enjoying it, and she was interrupting, but awkward silence was no compensation for a potential conversation. "I'm Ashling; just Ashling. I like your hair." It was bright blue and wrapped up in massive bundles; like two balls of yarn were stuck to the side of her head!

Khawill

<3
Years
I laid there enjoying the sky view when she finally responded. She spoke quicker than I had thought, but she did what I learned to do earlier today. "Well my name is Frio, though I like your name better. Cheryll..." I repeated, "It sounds nice." I didn't think I could remember everyone's names, but I would try to remember that one. "It really is a nice name." I never looked down from the sky, just staring up. "And you're a nice person I think, so you should have a lot of friends." I hoped maybe she would be less nervous if I complimented her, "And you might not even have to say a word either, just be really nice."

Last edited:

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013

Evan Lee Gildred

Eva's eyes glanced up from his book at the sudden appearance of what he only could assume was his roommate. He didn't know why, but he had forgotten for a second that he would actually have a roommate. Of course, it made sense, it wasn't like he was a special case or anything. Everyone had somebody they had to share with, and the boy masquerading as a girl was no exception. The only things that he could see of her at first were two fairly good sized, something or others. It took him a minute to think of the right word. Tapestries? Yes, that was it. And three sets of luggage which she set down after coming in fully. The first thing he noticed after that, was not her clothes, face or body, but the sheath that hung off her waist. What use did that serve? He looked at it inquisitively, his eyes peeking out just over the edges of his page. He would be lying if he didn't admit it was a bit worrisome to have a roommate with such a predisposition to carrying weaponry.

Without even realizing he had done so, he brought the book closer to his face, almost as if he was hiding behind it. But, one could only hide so long from someone they were going to be sharing a room with. The girl spoke up with a pleasant enough tone and smile. That was when Eva noticed her eyes, or, eye. What had happened to her? Surely that was what happened to you when one plays with swords. He tried his best not to stare and quickly averted his eyes to the floor space between them. His roommate continued on with her name. Ashling, she had said. It was a pretty name, he thought. In fact, she looked like an Ashling. He didn't quite know why, she just did. Lost in thought, he almost didn't hear what she had said about his hair, she liked it apparently. Eva's petite right hand subconsciously ran to his head, pushing aside a loose strand that had fallen out of place. "Thanks," he said meekly in almost a whisper.

As soon as he finished saying that, he jumped from the bed with a start, smoothing his skirt and straightening his stockings. He didn't realize until that moment how rude he had been. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be impolite..." He bowed and held it for a moment. "I just uh, tend to get lost in my books is all." Eva straightened and looked up at the girl opposite him. She was taller, by a few inches at least. He was used to that by now, he was typically one of the smaller people in a room at any given moment. Clasping his hands in front of him, he tried his best to look her in the eye despite his discomfort at even attempting it.

"I'm Eva; just Eva." He smiled at her, copying her introduction from earlier in a most genteel manner. "I also owe you a proper thanks for the compliment," he continued, his anxiety running a bit high. "I uh, keep it up like this when it's hot. It's really long and warm when I let it down." Eva didn't even know what he was saying at this point, he just started to ramble nervously. "I, uh, like your sword thingy!"​

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Milly Kaiko
Milly shield her face as a wave of water from Volt's entrance rippled towards her, spluttering out a laugh as she did so despite the fact some water got into her eyes, stinking them a little bit. In reaction she closed her eyes and rubbed them a little, treading water in a neat fashion.

"Awesome and refreshing, isn't it? It's great after a long run." She heard Volt's voice say through the darkness. She smiled and nodded but didn't open her eyes yet, still itching them with the back of her hands in an attempt to get rid of the majority of liquid.

When, however, he said "This was a good idea, definitely. Kudos to you, Milly." The brown haired girl, at last opened her eyes, revealing one eye to be rather bloodshot in comparison the other, though Milly had no idea of this. She grinned and bowed her head in a mock, over dramatic gesture." Why thank you!" she said through a toothy grin as she brought her head back up and focused on her company.

His hair was sleek and shiny now, weighed down by the water and looked even cuter than before, but the werewolf pushed this to the back of her mind when she noticed something different about the boy in front of her. The red band which had encircled his head before was now slightly wonky. But it wasn't the position of the band which caught Milly's attention; it was something on the boy's forehead that made her stop.

What is that? She thought, not bitterly but out of curiosity. She had never really spent that much time around other youkai, but had read plenty about them. yet it was her lack of physical experience in the field with other monsters which stopped the girl from jumping to an answer.

But her trail of thought was cut short when once again Volt's voice spoke. "What kind of Youkai are you, out of curiosity? I've heard humans aren't common around here... in fact, extremely rare. So I doubt you're one of those...."
Milly shook her head to remove the cobwebs of thought which had formed and looked back her friend allowing her cool green gaze to move from Sorae's forehead to his face. Here she grinned, once again flashing her teeth as she chuckled lightly.

One of the main rules was not to reveal your Youkai form to another, true. But then again, rules were there to be broken and starting with the first rule she was given, Kaiko figured it was a good place to start.
"I'm a werewolf." She smiled, forcing to her face to take on the most innocent expression she could muster. "You?"

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Ryuu Higoroshi
Chapter 1: 3C's Homeroom teacher
Classroom 13

Ryuu sighed as Solo was going nuts and shouting in the classroom about how much he hated humans and what kind of whicked creatures they were, somehow Ryuu thought he was right. The humans hunted them away in a world that was meant for both species. But Ryuu also thought about the reason, which was their specie eating the human specie. Solo finally calmed down and was in the back of the classroom, resting his head on his arm. Seems like Solo had a hard past with humans, so he might kill attack Takumi once he found out Takumi is a human. This gave Ryuu and great idea, what if he made Solo Takumi's protector? Solo might not be able to beat the Vampires Nami and Elene, but he can try to keep them from drinking Takumi's blood, for now Nami was the biggest treat to him. It could also show Solo that humans aren't as bad as he think, sure... their ancestors made a terrible mistake, but the new generations aren't supposed to be victims for what happened 513 years ago.

But then Ryuu reconsidered his idea, Solo will probably attack Takumi the moment Takumi's secret is revealed. Ryuu just wanted to keep those blood-drinking monsters away from this poor human, Vampire... blood-drinking witches they were... They are very beautiful creatures... but with an evil mind, get close to one and you can arrange your funeral...

"Please sit down where I placed you, don't say anything, don't do anything, just sit." Ryuu said with a very dominant voice. "You need a break from those fangirls." Ryuu said as he started reading a book that said "Youkai Histories". He started reading to prepare his lesson for tomorrow. "Let's teach them about Siren, Vampire, Onimidoki and... Snowman and Woman." Ryuu made up his mind. he choosed for two known Youkai's and two unknown Youkai's. He choosed for Vampire to warn the human among them and the Snowman because they were rather interesting.

Ryuu glanced up at Solo and trew a candy over to him. "Cheer up, most of us had bad experiences with humans." Ryuu smiled at him, something he wouldn't had expected from hisself but he somehow felt forced to do it. Ryuu took a candy himself and putted his book away to get the forms of his students out a drawer near him, he saw Solo's age and saw there was not much age difference.

Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki
Chapter 1: The roommate
Dorm room

Marilyn Elene Merlin was her name... "Nice name." Nami said shortly. Elene said something about practising music whenever she could and that if she was allowed to do this near her she could make use of her computer systems. "Sounds like a nice deal." Nami answered with a thoughtfull expression on her face. She actually liked violin music since it was so calming and chimed so majestic. "I don't mind if you play violin when i'm in the room, atleast... i don't mind unless you're pretty bad at it." Nami was in her Vampire form so she could come over a bit more rudely than usual, but while she said that she took a good look of Elene and smiled warmly at the fellow Vampire. "But looking at you gives me confidence that you're pretty good, so sure, play whenever you want." Nami walked over to the bed that didn't seem to be in use and sat down on it.

"I think i'm pretty fortunate for having a fellow Vampire as my roommate," She brushed through her hair for a brief moment just because it was so silky and felt nice. "It would've been troubling if you weren't, i wouldn't be able to walk around like this." Nami smiled as she layed down on the pretty comfortable bed. But reminded herself of the stuff she had brought with her and stood up again to move the few bags to her side of the bed. She only had brought clothes with her since she didn't had much stuff.

Nami remembered what her brother had said before they were seperated by Nami's leave to the Academy. Prepare, because i'll be visiting you sometime. Nami heard his voice clearly in her head. She grabbed the Rosary around her neck and glanced at it for a few seconds, it made her wonder if Elene also had a Rosary but she couldn't find one attached to her for now. "Do you have a Rosary?" Nami asked her roommate with a somehow gentle voice. She took a view at some clothes she wanted to wear for the rest of the day, but since the day was coming to an end she decided she would pull it on tomorrow after school.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

SOLO the LYCAN
The Classroom

Chapter One: Part Six
Reluctant Beginnings

Solo sighed, saying practically nothing and just sitting in one of the chairs, resting his head on top of crossed arms over the desk. However, it was the teacher's next words that seemed to agitate him again. "Bad experiences? You have no idea, man..." His attention went downward, to the bloody-tooth necklace he wore around his neck. "They're selfish, ignorant beings. Cruel and heartless. And they call us the monsters." His fist clenched slightly, though his voice was somber. "It doesn't matter... Nothing matters. Nothing but survival."

He looked up to see the teacher reading some paper. He could somewhat see the ink from the backside, and realized that it was about him. "Hey, lemme see that." Without waiting for a yes or no, he levitated the paper up, and then over to his desk. He examined it for a few moments. "Name... Solo. Age... Nineteen... Race, Lycan... Huh... Not very much information. Good, that's how I like it." He shook his head and just sent the paper back to the teacher. "The less people know, the better." He glanced outside silently. The tail behind him shifted slightly, as he seemed to get lost in thought.

!

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Volt

Volt noticed her looking at his forehead before he asked her the question. Damn! His eyelid! Luckily, she redirected attention to his face once he had asked her the question, so it was all fine. At least, In his opinion.

"I'm a werewolf. You?"

Sorae stared at her. "You mean, I told you that I wanted to see how I would fare against a werewolf, and you turned out to be one?" He seemed to frown at first, but then laughed. "You know what? That's awesome!"

He had raced against a werewolf. He should've gotten a medal or something! Oh well, it was fun anyway.

Then he proceeded to the other thing... The kind of Youkai that he was. "I'm a Yasha-but I can only summon a kitten for now, but I'm working on that- which is why I wear this headband. It holds down my hair- when it's dry- and covers my eyelid." He frowned. "My third eyelid." Volt put his headband back in its normal state. "Well," he began in his cheery mood, "it's getting dark. I don't mind the dark, nor do I mind being with you, but it's getting late. Wanna stay a bit longer, or should we return to the dorms?"

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Millicent Kaiko
Milly mockingly frowned when he began to laugh about racing her. "Count yourself lucky, I was holding back" she said with a flat expression on her face. It didn't last long however, as when the last word tumbled over her tongue she winked. "it was a good race. But just wait till we have a re match" she giggled.

However, her girlish giggle was cut short when Sorae moved on to the next subject. Her mouth straightened to a pink line as her eyes focused on his hand which moved up and straightened his band, at which point a jolt of guilt shot through her heart.

did he see me staring before? Oh my gosh, he did didn't he? Did he think I was judging him? No! I didn't mean too..

Looking away suddenly, she focused her eyes on something else, as if this would make up for the fact that she had stared. "a yasha?" she repeated, smiling shyly, somewhat out of guilt. "that's really amazing! I have always wanted to meet one and well here you are!" she grinned, still looking everywhere but Sorae. She felt so cruel for being curious.
But when the boy continued, his tone lightening slightly as he moved of the tender subject of what Youkai they each were, Milly glanced back. It was true, the sky over head was now more purple and black, and evening star had just appeared.

"the moon will be out soon." Milly said, her voice suddenly becoming dreamy as she realised the time, her pale gaze set on the one, pin prick of silver light which hung low on the horizon, "it's a perfect night too, not a cloud in the sky." She continued, before she suddenly realised she was being weird in front of new company. Quickly tearing her gaze away from the sky above, she shot a nervous smile in Sorae's direction.

"yeah we should probably go." When Milly said this, her voice turned quiet, as a red flush took over her cheeks. She had been so silly to get moon crazed in front of new people. "I'm gonna go grab a shower and get changed. Then we can head back to dorms." Her face was fixed to the water's surface, while in a pathetic, non-effective attempt to cover her red cheeks; she pulled some of her hair across her face. "I'll see you in a few."

With that she then twisted in the water and swam to the edge of the pool in a few easy strokes. At the edge she heaved herself up and out into the open air. Here the chilled night air nipped at her skin, causing her skin to shiver under it's new touch and making her to pull her arms up around in a hug for warmth.

"I'll see you in a few!" she said over her shoulder as she moved to walk back to the changing rooms.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Michael walked away from the sulking Ned with a self-satisfied look on his face. "That's right. I am the very best dancer. No damn doubt." He grinned and nodded to the mob of impressed ladies behind him and flashed his 'Read 'em and weep' look. One of them screamed in a fan-girlish way. I'm almost as popular as that Solo guy. Solo had all the babes...damned Lycans stealin' a Tengu's feast of babes. "If any of you need me, I'll be in the courtyard." He winked and strolled out of the building.

As he entered the courtyard, Michael nodded at the passing students. Life was good in the academy. I'm the best dancer, the handsomest, and it's just beginning. Parties were around the bend. Parties meant dancing. Dancing meant impressing the babes. Impressing the babes meant getting some action. Michael enjoys getting some action.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Elene Merlin
Girl's Dorm
~
The concept of herself being bad at playing the violin urged Elene to burst into laughter, but restrained it to a smirk. This girl clearly had no idea who she was! But, she couldn't quite demonstrate her ability yet, as she resolved to finish scribing her tune across the paper and respond to the naive roommate's words. She doubted that Nami would have been able to restrain her regardless of her skill with the violin's strings; something seemed off about the way she moved and reacted Elene's eloquent words. She was dismissive, perhaps, or simply rude without reason, which were clear marks of somebody whose views were held with the stubborn grip of a kraken. ...perhaps there were some of those attending the school, but that would be a mystery for some other day. But they were likely to be near the pool, so that was pushed straight to the bottom of her agenda.

The most damning question of all, by Elene's judgement, came when Nami asked her if she possessed a Rosary. Her thoughts were not articulate in the slightest, as they formed more of an incoherent rage at the incomprehensibility of that very idea. So many things to yell at her roommate, about the utter stupidity of suppressing their abilities as though they were something to be ashamed of, and practically spitting in the face of all those who recognized such a fact. Perhaps an innocent bracelet that appeared to be a Rosary, but with something slightly off to nullify any power the shape could hold, would have been useful in a disguise, but this...it was an outrage that offended the Vampire's senses like a putrid stench. She would deny that which made them smaller Gods!

Rather than letting Nami know all of this, Elene finished scribbling her tune and placed the paper sheet away in her violin case, while her voice stroked her roommate's ears like velvet. "I'm afraid I possess no such thing. I practiced my human fairly often as a child," She said, getting to her feet with her violin bow in one hand and pale fingers wrapped around the ebony neck of her violin, before her approach led to the window that overlooked the grounds outside their dorm. "And it seems...impractical, for there is a lot of danger waiting outside these halls. I would rather not be taken defenseless." A sharp chord struck the strings. "Would you?"

A
shling
Girl's Dorm
~
Patient seconds passed as Ashling stood to the side of her roommate, no intention of forcing the issue in her mind. If her roommate turned out to be one of those few who only took to conversation in passing, she would settle within their bubble until such a time they were comfortable talking. But as her foot turned towards her bed, the slightest whisper escaped the lips of her waifish roommate, whose word was followed by a leap into the air that startled her just enough to take a single step back and tilt her head in the girl's direction. Despite herself, a small smile came to her lips. Had her own startle not amused her, the way Eva's hair-balls bounced in the air would have made her laugh. There was something unwieldy about such ridiculously long or large hair, as she had to suffer through with hers, but cutting it wouldn't have felt right.

The girl stuttered as she introduced herself in kind, a cute habit that Ashling did not get to see often given the company she normally held, but it was just another quirk to appreciate. Perhaps it was only in comparison to those people, but anyone as involved with books as Eva's nose had been seemed to have many odd habits or ticks that were not very common in other folk. She looked down ever so slightly, almost surprised that the skinny thing hadn't snapped her legs with that jump she performed, to be able to meet Eva's cool blue eyes. There was a certain twitch to them, a flaw that she could recognize in herself; rarely in control of the way her emotions could affect her body language.

Thanking her for the compliment wasn't necessary, but she appreciated it all the same; sometimes people overcompensated with their thanks, but she tried not to. Most of the time. "My sword-thingy?" She asked, her head turning aside briefly before resting her fingers on the elegant sheath at her waist. "Oh, my sheath." She spoke with an inkling of pleasant surprise, as she glance down at it. "I spar, but we can't bring weapons on school grounds. I keep it around for comfort, and because it looks nice... Would you like to hold it?" She offered, in part because most people wanted to have a swing with it, and because Eva didn't look like the kind of person that could cause harm if she tried to.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013

Evan Lee Gildred

Eva bounced lightly on the balls of his feet, a bit of a nervous habit he had developed over the years when he took part in a conversation. Even as he slowly rose and fell with the rhythm of his bounce, a height he rarely ever achieved unless he wore heels, he was still shorter than the girl opposite him. As he continued bouncing, he cast a few curious looks over her once again, ignoring the few obvious eye catches one would focus on when first looking at her. She seemed much tougher than him, probably superior at physical activities and fighting. Not that it was surprising, he had never been a very physically gifted individual to begin with. Even if he looked like a girl, he fought worse than one. But even with this very capable look about Ashling, she seemed very kind. Not as intimidating as her lone eye made her out to be. He wondered absentmindedly if people got hung up on that and refused to look past it. If only she knew he had an overabundance of eyes, he would gladly give her the third of his.

Her blonde hair was long, maybe not as long as his would be if he let it down, but still a pretty length. It seemed to go well with her persona as a whole. They were pretty much opposites in every way. Eva was short and petite, Ashling seemed tall and fit. He thought it almost fitting that they should be roommates. Like little Ying and Yang bunkmates. Time would tell if they got along, but as long as Ashling wasn't untidy or especially loud when he was trying to study, he saw no reason why they wouldn't.

"Uh, yes, your sheath...that's what I meant," he whispered, looking down at the ground again and silently cursing himself for calling it a 'sword thingy'. The way Ashling had rested her fingers on it showed the familiarity that she had with the item. It was almost the way one becomes familiar with a part of their body. Did she take it everywhere? She did say that she sparred, was she expecting trouble around here? Eva certainly didn't hope so. The only way he had to defend himself was by summoning creatures and he would rather not do that in public. In fact, should something ever come to such an extreme, he would probably hide and conjure whatever he needed. He brushed his hand against the bangs that hung just over his eyes. With the help of his hair and makeup, it would be almost impossible for anyone to tell it was there, but that didn't make it any easier to hide when open.

Ashling had made an offer that he hadn't expected to come, she offered him to hold her sheath. Eva jumped up with excitement, a response that he didn't even have control over. He simply jumped in place and shouted "Yes!" in a high pitch, almost giddy response. Realizing his outburst, he quickly covered his mouth with his hands and shrunk backwards a bit, his face flushing crimson red in embarrassment. "I-I uh mean, yes," he talked through his hands. "I've never held one before, are you sure it's okay?"​

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Ryuu Higoroshi
Chapter 1: 3C's Homeroom teacher
Classroom 13

"I know more than you think." Ryuu chuckled when the Lycan took his form out of his hands. "The texts on these forms are mere details, we can't add the secret details to these, what if a student would steal 'em?" Ryuu took back his form and putted it back in the small cabinet next to him, it had a lock so no one would be able to take a look at the forms. "Humans are indeed very selfish creatures, and very oblivious for getting our kind so quickly." Ryuu sat back on his seat and folded his arms as he glanced to the roof. "Not to forget ominous for making us leave their world." Ryuu sighed. every Youkai could be angry at those weak and powerless beings, but starting another war with them would be ridiculous. Their weapons have evolved a lot within the years, and since Youkai's were practically weapons no one would win that war.

"We can't stay angry with them forever, there has to be a time we need to forgive them and become their allies instead of staying their enemies." Ryuu stood up and walked to the door of the classroom. "Only then we can return to the world that was made for both species." Ryuu opened the door and glanced straight at the Lycan boy who's name discribed his nature. "You're free to go, these girls must've given up by now since the sun is setting."

Ryuu took a look at the silver watch around his wrist and was kinda suprised that it was 6 pm already, he guessed all of the students must've gotten to the cafétaria already for dinner. Which reminded him he had to eat too, but he already had prepared his food and made a lunch/dinner box from it. Today he had no time to eat in the cafetaria among the students, he has to do lots of paper work. Firs of all, he had to make up the homework for the students he'll be giving tomorrow, then he had to prepare his lesson and get the right materials and if that wasn't everything, he still had to learn everyone's names.

Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki
Chapter 1: The roommate
Dorm room

Nami listened to Elene's explanation why she didn't posses a Rosary, and to be honest she had a point there. "I'll just rip it off if I would get into trouble." Nami said. "It's a good thing you practised your human form in your childhood, i'm pretty bad at keeping my human form, that's why I posses a Rosary." Nami sat up and warmly smiled at her roommate. "I'm sorry if any of my comments come over rude, I often say things that come out totally wrong but ofcourse I don't mean it like that." Nami stood up and brushed her school uniform.

She was wondering what the other students were up too right now. She took a look at the clock in their room and found out it was dinner time, but was Nami hungry? no ofcourse not, only thirsty for blood. Nami soon found herself deep in thought about the things that had happened today, she already knew she probably wouldn't like the boy who's name appearently was "Solo". That guy seemed like someone who would beat up anyone that was weaker than him, judging from the fight he had earlier with that werewolf. Nami also thought about Takumi, she still wasn't sure if he was really a Youkai. Should she check on him later to see if he's walking around in his Youkai form? If he isn't, she got the perfect way to find out what Takumi is. She'll just cling her fangs in his neck and suck up a little bit of his blood, if it taste human then he really is one. meh... that probably would be a bad idea, besides, how could a human possibly join a Youkai Academy? It's in a different dimension and the principal wouldn't even allow one in the school, right?

Nami brought herself back to reality, but easely started to daydream about Takumi. She probably developed a little like towards him but wouldn't acknowledge it yet, how can you develop a liking towards someone you've only spoken with for a few minutes?

Nami once again brought herself back to modernity and glanced at Elene. "You know, i kinda like singing so i hope you don't mind if i do that once in awhile." Nami said to her fellow Vampire roommate.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Ashling
Girl's Dorm
~
Ashling's eyebrow twitched ever so slightly, as Eva bounced up and down before her like some sort of rabbit; it could have been either body language born of hyperactivity, though her attitude towards books hadn't been particularly energetic, or some form of rabbit Youkai. The taller girl hadn't studied the different species in any particular detail, for she sought nothing to gain from them but the person to talk to, though she would have been lying if she hadn't noticed the stigma attached to certain species. Elene being one such person, though Ashling didn't have to dig fur out of her fancy clothes. Most of them were quite plain, which meant the school uniform suited her well; garishness and showmanship was reserved to illusions and tapestries.

Some small measure of amusement played across her lips, as she spotted Eva brush aside the bangs that hung in her eyes, but it was amusement from common quirks rather than mockery. Lots of people would sacrifice practicality to look pretty, which was a rather endearing quality in her mind. Though the bouncing probably wasn't helping. And, despite the contrast between her firm stature and Eva's generally uneasy stance, Ashling couldn't help but feel some form of kinship with her roommate. They had weaknesses that benefited the other, like all good friends were meant to have, and she would gladly make the first gesture of goodwill.

"It's be okay," Ashling promised, as she unwrapped the tie that bound her sheath to her belt and drew the object between her practiced hands. One hand held the base, while the other loosely supported the tip, as she presented it to her squealing, hopping roommate. That was probably what she looked like, when getting all dramatic with her illusions. "It's about as dangerous as a broom, without the sword," There was the concern of getting it damaged, but Eva didn't seem like the type to damage another person's property. Just offering it washed away all the unfortunate incidents of the day so far.

Elene Merlin
Girl's Dorm
~
The urge to interrupt Nami every time she spoke, with a stroke of the violin, was quelled quickly in Elene, as she realized that, while it was amusing, it would foster too much enmity with Nami. It was better to begin with a paced, slow song played at a soft volume to not interrupt her words. So Elene began to play, the violin bow dancing with the strings of the piece itself to form a beautiful tune that would fill the room, and that room only, with a sense of slowly forming hope. Besides sounding lovely to Elene's ears, it would create a feeling of ease between the two of them, for she'd found that music was an excellent catalyst for emotions, so long as she did not attempt to brute force its effects.

"An apology is all it takes to soothe a wound of words, Nami." Elene assured the daydreaming girl, regarding the potential for rudeness. The fact that she had so little control over her own mind was something of a concern, though the stresses of moving somewhere new, especially given her lack of preparation for being in human form, could probably be blamed for such. And, much to the musician's delight, Nami revealed herself to be a singer, as well. "That pleases me to no end! I'm a Soprano, myself; perhaps you'd care to join me at some point?"

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Kion Gavin - Boy's Dorm

Gavin returned to his dorm, still as emotionless as he was when he left Elene's presence. He thought of how his working for...working with...working by this devil woman would affect his life. As smart as he was, she was too experienced to trip up...and then there was the fact that he actually liked her. He truly made for the perfect dog. Heck, he probably would have devoted himself to her if she didn't have such a "high and mighty" air about her.

He was tired of this. He we tired of feeling absolutely nothing, tired of thinking such annoying and painful thoughts...just tired. So, he did exactly what he did when he was in a bad mood: he yelled.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

It probably disrupted everyone in the dorm, but he didn't care much; he felt a lot better about himself. It was as if all of his troubles and all of his worries were expelled, along with air and saliva. He walked into the lounge of the dorm and noticed a strange glow coming from somewhere. Somewhere close. He had a sneaking suspicion of what it was, but he really, REALLY didn't want to believe it, so he ignored it and murmured to himself, "It's nothing, he's not here...he's not here..." over and over again.

He took his key and found his door, which, thankfully for him, was the door to a solo room, so that suppressed his worries, somewhat. He opened the door and unzipped one of his bags to reveal a plethora of grimoire. He looked around for a bookshelf, and upon turning his head, hit his forehead on some hardwood. Gavin rubbed his forehead in pain, but he was thankful to find that there was a bookcase right next to him. He unpacked his bag and placed the grimoires on the bookshelf in order of content. Alphabetical order would be nigh on impossible because not all of the grimoires were in English, and some of them were in languages that were not even of this world (such as Elven and various Fairy languages). Gavin wasn't exactly well versed in anything other than English, but he learned quite a bit of other languages through the grimoires.

After unpacking the bag, he placed it in his closet and returned to his bookshelf. He scanned the shelves, looking for an interesting read. Really, this was the first free time he'd had as a Deva Mage. Before, he had to avoid his parents and make arrangements to come to the academy, so it was nice to finally have time to read. He found one named, "Lucie og Reesta" (pronounced \Lu-chE-a äg rE-stä\), which, in English, means "Lucifer's Respite". This was a book that was only usable by demon variants, and since Gavin was now a demon, he decided it was worth a try.

He left the room and locked his door, and sat on the couch in the center of the lounge. He wasn't reading the grimoire so much as he was flipping through it, looking for a good spell to cast.

Last edited:

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013

Evan Lee Gildred

Eva's eyes widened, as Ashling held the sheath out to him. He didn't know why he was so excited, but the weapon holster spoke to his inner nerdy desires. It was like something out of a fantasy novel, even if there was no blade in it. Giggling like an idiot, he held it in his hands and felt the weight of it against his palms. It was substantial, but not exceedingly heavy. He still felt a little clumsy with it in hand, but he owed that more to his wanting physical prowess than to the sheath's dimensions. What a sight he must have been. A random passerby would have seen only a bubbly schoolgirl holding what could only be described as a weapon and a cheerful smile plastered on her face. Surely, campus security couldn't have been receptive to the scene.

Sliding his hands along the shaft, he gripped it firmly by the base and held the sheath upright like a sword. It became a little more unbalanced in this position, but he didn't think much of it. Taking a few practice swings, he was careful to avoid hitting Ashling and anything else in the tight confines of the room. He calmed down only slightly as he turned towards the open door of their room and took a few practice steps like a fencer, before turning back and accidentally smacking Ashling in the side of the head. He almost dropped the sheath in shock, but regained his composure before he did anything to strain their potential friendship further.

"Oh my gods! Oh my gods!" He shouted and looked up to her as he hugged the sheath to his body. "A-are you okay?" His eyes looked at the spot he hit her, just above the ear. With his lack of muscle, he didn't really think it did any damage but you couldn't be too careful. "I am so sorry. I just got a little carried away," he continued to bumble through his apology. "P-please forgive me..."

He bowed and held out the sheath to Ashling in his two trembling hands, his gaze firmly locked on the floor as his bangs cascaded down his face. This meeting could not have gone worse in his mind. He had been awkward, nervous, stuttered in his speech and to top it all off, hit her with one of her own items. If she requested a change in quarters at this point, he could hardly blame her.​

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Takumi Makkusu - A Very Unfortunate Situation

How am I gonna get out of here? Maybe if I find a bus or something! Do they have a schedule? I gotta get out of here! Oh, to make things worse, someone on fire entered my room. Do I have a roommate? Is he my roommate? I backed up to the wall with my mouth open but my teeth closed. My eyes were opened wide, so anybody could guess how I look.

The Youkai was on fire. He seems to be freaking out. I don't get it, but I am still scared right now. Here's what freaked me out more, the Youkai jumps through the window. I had dots as eyes. What the heck just happened? I look out the window down below, the Youkai wasn't on fire anymore. He didn't move either. Is he dead?

I quickly ran outside & stood over the body. I bend down on my knees & poke his ribs a few times. Still hot I see. I stood there for a while, then poke his ribs again. Maybe he is dead. Is that good? I'm terrified of monsters, but...

Back